It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Foreign Minister threatened retaliation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

by aggie man
Oh, and when it comes to natural resources...the US govt. CAN and WOULD seize assets, if necessary, in order to resist occupation and/or surrender to a commie country w/no morals in the area of human rights.

reply to post by Aggie Man

No one's gonna want to occupy a third world country. And that's exactly what we'll be after an economic or any other collapse. See, when you view everything from an americancentric point of view, it's hard to realize that the world can do just fine without a 'consumer' nation who goes around bullying its creditors and suppliers. Especially when it's run out of money to 'consume' with.

And that thought pattern is exactly why americans are going to take this so badly. They have no idea how to live like the 80% or more of the world that they've lived off of for so long. So yes, the whole 'we'll go down fighting' horse manure is a totally understandable reaction from petulant children who haven't known hardship. The sad fact is that there won't be anyone to fight except hunger and your neighbor.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor

Once again...our missile shield that we have in every country protects us from nuclear threats and EMP ATTACKS A nuclear weapon would have to explode 300miles above U.S. to take most of it out. Only country i be worried about is Russia... They at least have enough nukes to get through the shield

might want to rethink what those Russian Subs , up and down the coastline,

10 miles off shore think of your "great plan"

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

A few guys with 20 bucks worth of plastic knives crushed your military,

Our military?
Sorry

What they did accomplished was to crush our lax airport security. Please tell me how that equates to "crushing" our military...please tell me

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Where were da planes boss, da planes

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yiersan

naive
excuse me for knowing that the missile shield indeed works.
you do know that missile shield missiles are double the amount of nuclear weapons on earth combine. The recent failure...was an updated new version of the missile... of COURSE IT WOULD FAIL IN A TEST RUN... the EARLIER VERSIONS WORK. of course 100-200 nuclear missiles cant get past thousands of missiles that can take out nukes and they actually work. Only thing i be worried about is the fall out from the device exploding. It would drift in the wind. Also lets don't forget the laser defense system either.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Rentor]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Yes they did and remember its all ways the little things in life that get ya every ones looking for blinding lights or clouds of smoke when it all can be done with a stroke of a pen

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Once again...our missile shield that we have in every country protects us from nuclear threats and EMP ATTACKS A nuclear weapon would have to explode 300miles above U.S. to take most of it out. Only country i be worried about is Russia... They at least have enough nukes to get through the shield

might want to rethink what those Russian Subs , up and down the coastline,

10 miles off shore think of your "great plan"

Sorry buddy we were talking about China and United states not Russia... I already agreed only Russia is a threat to us military

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The war be short lived buddy...Destroy their factories.. crush their puny navy...And we win...

Let's pretend it is credible. Then what do you do... after ? How will you handle the consequences of this new situation after ? Typical hit first and think later.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

The war be short lived buddy...Destroy their factories.. crush their puny navy...And we win...

Let's pretend it is credible. Then what do you do... after ? How will you handle the consequences of this new situation after ? Typical hit first and think later.

Same could be said of any other "aggressor" nation. I don't think any of us here are advocating war. How would China handle it? Answer that and you shall discover the answer to your own Q:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Indeed that would be the correct answer

2nd line

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

I would like to add at what cost the Vietcong said they won but at what cost "931,000" deaths (wiki)
there is no win in this scenario
Sorry my bad
"According to the Vietnamese government, 1,100,000 Vietnam People's Army and National Front for the Liberation of Vietnam military personnel were killed during the Vietnam War[3] R.J. Rummel reviewed the many casuality data sets, this number is in keeping with his mid-level estimate of 1,011,000 North Vietnamese combat deaths.[21] He further calculated a mid-level estimate of 251,000 Viet Cong military deaths.[22] Thus, Southern Forces (i.e.,Viet Cong) were around 22% of the total military deaths. What percentage of the remaining 849,000 North Vietnamese Regulars died in South Vietnam is unknown. The assumption is the vast majority of these deaths occurred in South Vietnam"
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 5-2-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

It be hard to compare a future war to a war that ended 4 decades ago.

Thats like comparing WW1 to Vietnam. A lot has change since then

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

I agree with you on that I was just trying to point out at what cost will this scenario bring its not likely they will roll over and play dead wile we bomb the crap out of them we will as a country will suffer losses to and yet I ask at what cost will we declare victory will it be me or you that will fall along side countless others if this kicks off there is no winners in war but history is written buy the winners

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

reply to post by yiersan

naive
excuse me for knowing that the missile shield indeed works.
you do know that missile shield missiles are double the amount of nuclear weapons on earth combine. The recent failure...was an updated new version of the missile... of COURSE IT WOULD FAIL IN A TEST RUN... the EARLIER VERSIONS WORK. of course 100-200 nuclear missiles cant get past thousands of missiles that can take out nukes and they actually work. Only thing i be worried about is the fall out from the device exploding. It would drift in the wind. Also lets don't forget the laser defense system either.

If this is true, then please explain why we are threatening to attack Iran? If in fact we have a missile defense system to protect us and our allies, then why would Iran be any kind of threat whatsoever?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Now thats something I could agree to..but since the start of the thread china would likely start the war...I wouldn't like it either, but it would be something we must do. If did happen, and we didn't fight back...this is what would happen.
regardless if you like it or not. Your family and you friends and everybody else in your life be in-danger.

Peace can only come through a barrel of a gun

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It be hard to compare a future war to a war that ended 4 decades ago.

Thats like comparing WW1 to Vietnam. A lot has change since then

Yea, that`s right, what`s a future death compared to a past death? Sorry, death is the same, past, present or future.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
If this is true, then please explain why we are threatening to attack Iran? If in fact we have a missile defense system to protect us and our allies, then why would Iran be any kind of threat whatsoever?

Suitcase nuke, no? I don't believe missile defense shield would be very effective in that scenario....among the countless others that don't come to mind.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Of course! IRAQ was a threat too! IT HAS ALL THE BLOODY OIL

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If China starts to be aggressive and making declarations like those of the respected member Rentor, I will comment the same way.
But China's declarations are moderate, sensible, intelligent and legitimate. The American arm sales to Taiwan is a new unnecessary provocation on an already tense global political situation. Threatening retaliation (it does not mean military) is the least reaction China could have. Lately, American global diplomacy is like that elephant in my room, every time he moves, I yell at him in despair.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Peace can only come through a barrel of a gun

Si vis pacem, para bellum
"If you wish for peace, prepare for war"
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join