It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Foreign Minister threatened retaliation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I couldn't have said anything better then that myself

A star for you mate

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
Question....if China is so wrong, then why is our government selling our debt to them? And when they tell us that they may stop buying our debt, we almost beg them to buy more, why, if they are so bad?

Stupid is as stupid does....I don't know. I'm not saying they are wrong...no more wrong than anyone else...but they sell arms to countries we consider the enemy...so, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, no? We got to export products and make a profit too...that right is not exclusive to China.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Question....if China is so wrong, then why is our government selling our debt to them? And when they tell us that they may stop buying our debt, we almost beg them to buy more, why, if they are so bad?

Simple because we get free money from them...heck if they giving us hundreds and billions of dollars why deny some. Instead throwing tax payer money at it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Stupid is as stupid does....I don't know. I'm not saying they are wrong...no more wrong than anyone else...but they sell arms to countries we consider the enemy...so, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, no? We got to export products and make a profit too...that right is not exclusive to China.

Thats right, China has been cheating our economy for decades...its the only reason why their growth was so fast. BECAUSE THEIR MANIPULATING THEIR MONEY. Another reason why our economy is like it is today too. It really does point to china for cheating the other countries economies.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rentor

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
ONE nuclear weapon fired by a proxy, ie north korea or iran, could potentially remove america from the world stage in under a second!

Likewise, they could be removed via the same method. EMP, by no means, is a "be all, to end all"

People always talk about how china can Win a war with U.S. by calling the debt. But what do you think would stop our Huge encirclement from military action. Simply because it wouldn't. DEBT ERASED

Yeah, crushing our economy would certainly leave us with not much else to lose...and with our backs against the wall...we are going to come out fighting. It's a damn good thing that our citizens are so well armed. Calling in their debt would be a blow to us, be let everyone NOT FORGET that we are a nation with our own resources...we are by no means dependent on other nations, as some would have us believe. We would overcome and be victorious...it would take a damn sight more than debt to "defeat" the US in any war...period!

Yeah, you guys are right, let's get into ANOTHER war! Spoken like true patriot stooges. No wonder it was so easy for them to bleed this nation dry with folks like yourselves cheering them on. Well, maybe you'll get your chance to 'come out fighting' or whatever it was you said. Go join up now so you can be first boots on the ground in taiwan.

War costs MONEY. Maybe you haven't noticed that we're BROKE!

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I myself would rather not follow someone stupid who gets us into a war. So to you, selling more arms is ok? Gee, don`t we have enough now to kill off all of mankind, plus more?

When is this thinking going to stop?

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

The war be short lived buddy...Destroy their factories.. crush their puny navy...And we win...you might throw out the MAD card...but china only has around 100 to 200 nuclear weapons. we have Missiles that can take out nukes in every country on this globe. Chances for one of those nukes hitting us is pretty slim.You really need to catch up on the times buddy...only country I be worried about is Russia with THOUSANDS OF NUKES then we won't be able to shoot all of them down. But Russia agrees with us on more things, then they do with china.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Sorry buddy thats straight out of a fantasy book or movie...only time humans won't be warring is when we are all dead

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

No, you 'buddy' are the one who needs to catch up. Go back and actually read the link on the 2004 Congressional Report on EMP threat. A country only needs ONE nuke properly placed to put the the CONUS back in 1880 in under a second. Technology leaves some serious vulnerabilties, and patriotic chest thumping don't change that reality one bit.

And they don't have to do it themselves. Proxys, remember? You referenced a couple instances of proxy war earlier, vietnam, korea? Well, think north korea, iran. Why do you think your war mongering leaders are targeting them so heavily? They know the deal.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The war be short lived buddy...Destroy their factories.. crush their puny navy...And we win...you might throw out the MAD card...but china only has around 100 to 200 nuclear weapons. we have Missiles that can take out nukes in every country on this globe. Chances for one of those nukes hitting us is pretty slim.You really need to catch up on the times buddy...only country I be worried about is Russia with THOUSANDS OF NUKES then we won't be able to shoot all of them down. But Russia agrees with us on more things, then they do with china.

Yes they do have 100 or 200 but thats not the ones that gets ya its the one no body knows about thats the stickler whether its from NK or Iran or may be China its self

Yes the ruskies did agree on some things when the US was a major power but let our power slip and see were the Russians go

[edit on 5-2-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

Yes they do have 100 or 200 but thats not the ones that gets ya its the one no body knows about thats the stickler whether its from NK or Iran or may be China its self

Now that is what i have to agree too...only nuke hitting U.S. is a smuggle in one or by Russia

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Thats right, China has been cheating our economy for decades...its the only reason why their growth was so fast. BECAUSE THEIR MANIPULATING THEIR MONEY. Another reason why our economy is like it is today too. It really does point to china for cheating the other countries economies.

They are the reason our economy is like it is today? Sorry, but a little off base there "buddy". Our great Fed is why our economy is like it is. When you print money like there is no tomorrow, and have nothing but the Feds word to back it up, and you devalue it even more, the more of it you print and put into the market, that "buddy" is why our economy is in the state it`s in. Fiat money, and nothing to back it up, only more worthless paper. Oh yea, and high interest rates at the banks that the normal person can`t afford to pay back.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hmm its funny if I had a dollar for every time China threatened my small insignificant country... id be rich, well not really but id have a sizable wad of cash.

Its just what China does, if they ever actually acted on their threats they'd come one hell of a cropper.

All this bravado is nothing more than them playing to their own people, it also fits in well with their views on some subjects, tell the serfs under your control that Taiwan and Tibet are a big issues for them, then back those opinions up in the state media with chest thumping against foreign countries that dont follow those views... bang, instant nationalistic sentiment... sort of.

Whats funny is, America has a habit of doing the exact same thing quite regularly
... thing is, I dont mind that so much from them, China however scares the pants off me. Would be interesting if they actually did something rash.

Edit:- retracted my prophecy comment, since i found the article i read it in and cant find it mentioned in it... brain fart i guess.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

And why is that? You're putting your faith in a missile shield that just had a failure? If you would simply take the time to read up on EMP threat then you would know that Iran has already practiced shooting from ships which could be parked anywhere off the coast. There simply is no defense for such a contingency. Once again, reasons for the coming attack on Iran!

You should educate yourself on these threats before doing the college chest bump, go usa sheep dip. Reality is alot uglier.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Once again...our missile shield that we have in every country protects us from nuclear threats and EMP ATTACKS A nuclear weapon would have to explode 300miles above U.S. to take most of it out. Only country i be worried about is Russia... They at least have enough nukes to get through the shield

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

OF course it works...why you think Russia or China would threaten war against us if we put them close to them
Because the weapons don't work at all
and i am not CHEST BEATING...I would never support the war..just stating china really doesn't have the capabilities yet to hurt us military

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rentor

a bit naiive to think a "missile shield" can protect you from a M.A.D.

anyhow, you and fellow supporters are probably the reason why your government can drag your guys from war into another war.....

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Yeah, you guys are right, let's get into ANOTHER war! Spoken like true patriot stooges. No wonder it was so easy for them to bleed this nation dry with folks like yourselves cheering them on. Well, maybe you'll get your chance to 'come out fighting' or whatever it was you said. Go join up now so you can be first boots on the ground in taiwan.

War costs MONEY. Maybe you haven't noticed that we're BROKE!

What? I don't want war...But I would want war before I would accept China interfering in our business. War is the *Next to* last thing I want.

Yes, wars cost money...and we are "broke". But if a fight was brought to our door, do you think for a second that the civilian population would "stand down" and allow us to become something other than the great nation we are? Forget paying the armed forces, the citizens would take up the cause free of charge. **Praise the 2nd Amendment**

Oh, and when it comes to natural resources...the US govt. CAN and WOULD seize assets, if necessary, in order to resist occupation and/or surrender to a commie country w/no morals in the area of human rights.

[edit on 5-2-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I myself would rather not follow someone stupid who gets us into a war. So to you, selling more arms is ok? Gee, don`t we have enough now to kill off all of mankind, plus more?

When is this thinking going to stop?

It's not about weapons, it's about free trade. Today it's arms to Taiwan, tomorrow it's cars, the next day it's....

China sure didn't care what the US thought about it when they were selling arms to Iran, etc...

Why don't you ask Taiwan if they got enough arms, not me...they need them, we got them, we need to export...I would rather it not be arms, but if that is what we got, well...we got to start somewhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

A few guys with 20 bucks worth of plastic knives crushed your military,

time to rethink that process mate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join