It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 OS Debate Facts, Bring sources, not Opinions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
these threads just piss me off all they do is show how divided we have all become and show how bloody stupid we all are.
Everyone is prepared to wear their fingers away to nubbs telling everyone else how wrong they are when the truth is none of us know what happened.

The sooner we all admit we know nothing other than the Official Story is a lie and then drop all of our pet theories beyond that and bind together to get something started that will tell us what the truth really is, we are not going anywhere.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by The X]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
these threads just piss me off all they do is show how divided we have all become and show how bloody stupid we all are.
Everyone is prepared to wear their fingers away to nubbs telling everyone else how wrong they are when the truth is none of us know what happened.

The sooner we all admit we know nothing other than the Official Story is a lie and then drop all of our pet theories beyond that and bind together to get something started that will tell us what the truth really is, we are not going anywhere.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by The X]

People seem to need a narrative to hold onto, or else they'll be incapable of digesting the catalog of relative information. Yes, it's extremely frustrating, but this is why weird cartoon religions thrive. If the narrative is compelling and acceptable, the facts will always suffer in contrast. Americans embrace magical thinking, and a good story wins most of the time. This is why the OCT was immediately offered as a hero-villain narrative. The corporate marketers who developed the post-attack marketing campaign have had decades of selling products to the American public to learn exactly how to secure their narrative, and they've also learned that the first plausible narrative will always be the most accepted narrative.

That's marketing 101, and this crew followed that simple formula through the entire run they had. From the heroic death of Pat Tillman to the Obama Manchurian Candidate narrative, it's been one story hour after another. It's important to establish a counter narrative, or this debate will never touch the average person.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The only thing i would say is true is that the offical story is bollocks. Other than that none of you know anything as a fact and even if you did percieve something to be fact that doesn't make it so, i think it was Nietzsche who wrote "there are no facts, there are only interpretations", i happen to agree with that statement because any "fact can be misunderstood or just plain twisted to fit an ideal. As much as we all think we know, we don't know anything. I do not believe the OS, not since i looked into it for myself away from tv and the papers, i have many reasons for not believeing but none i would feel comfortable labeling a fact. The only people that can talk about fact in this case are the perportraters, every one else is just opinion, at best a justified opinion. Fact is a very strong word, i have had people telling me that its a fact that bin ladens face appeared in the smoke, which seems (putting it nicely) unlikely. Its people labeling things as fact that fills the knowledge pool with crap and pollutes the truth, the best you can hope for is to make an informed judgement but please don't label these as facts

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

That's a bagabs disinformation my friend- after 10 years accumulated evidence of a
massive planned tyranny event you still exchange the truth for a lie?
Just curious-was there a pension in the package too?

www.youtube.com...

UFO During 9-11 Accelerates to 2727mph in a Split Second

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Yacov]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
god this 9/11 crap sucks

saw the title

thought

"hey a thread i can go into and it will be intelligent and actually discuss the facts"

so i open the thread, just quickly browse the 1st page, within like 2 posts instead of talking about the topic, people are talking about each other and opinions

lets seriously close this forum, it will never get anywhere and if any real knowledge is posted it will get lost in this retarded shuffle

as politically incorrect as it is to say this, trying to follow a thread on 9/11 on ats is like watching a paraplegic mentally handicapped individual play musical chairs

its just wrong, and it shouldnt be taking place, its completely retarded

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yacov
www.youtube.com...
UFO During 9-11 Accelerates to 2727mph in a Split Second

That is a ad, it has been debunked here before - why do people still bring this garbage up??

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

911 OS Debate Facts, Bring sources, not Opinions 911 OS Debate Facts, Bring sources, not Opinions.

Wow, I tried to debate facts and I brought sources. All I have read beyond my post is...well I don't know. What's up?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Nope, not "ex" by any means.

And I rarely believe everything I hear from a general....especially THIS one...

en.wikipedia.org...

Walking through a wall and staring down a goat....yep, that qualifies him to be an expert in plane crashes.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
[edit on 24-1-2010 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Stubblebine was the guy who routinely tried to walk through walls. This is detailed in the book "The men who stare at goats."

I would be leery of comments from this person, no matter what his final rank. There are fruitcakes and there are also General Officer fruitcakes.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

And how many investigations do you want to have?

I have a news flash for you, NO investigation will ever satisfy the majority of the "truthers" on ATS.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Sean48

Stubblebine was the guy who routinely tried to walk through walls. This is detailed in the book "The men who stare at goats."

I would be leery of comments from this person, no matter what his final rank. There are fruitcakes and there are also General Officer fruitcakes.

There are people out there that think there was a man who walked on water,
mutiplied fish and split open a sea, crazy isn't it.

Some of those people have influencial jobs as well.

It' sad for you to use this tactic.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by Sean48

And how many investigations do you want to have?

I have a news flash for you, NO investigation will ever satisfy the majority of the "truthers" on ATS.

Me personally ? Just 1

An open unbiased investigation , lets put this puppy to bed.

Whether you choose to believe this or not, the people questioning 911

are growing in numbers. I bet on Sept 12, 2001 , there was probably Zero

truthers. I was one of the OS people.

Things started to be questioned, things looked out of place, and with

very little digging, it's easy to see the truth has been buried.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

There are people out there that think there was a man who walked on water, mutiplied fish and split open a sea, crazy isn't it.

I think this speaks volumes for the so-called "truth movement"....

BECAUSE, the entire point of this particular thread is just to keep the 'argument' going, without any basis in actual fact.

Sad, very very sad......

[edit on 25 January 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Sean48

There are people out there that think there was a man who walked on water, mutiplied fish and split open a sea, crazy isn't it.

I think this speaks volumes for the so-called "truth movement"....

BECAUSE, the entire point of this particular thread is just to keep the 'argument' going, without any basis in actual fact.

Sad, very very sad......

[edit on 25 January 2010 by weedwhacker]

Actually , I'm not a movement , I'm 1 guy.

This 1 guy was responding to 2 different posters questions.

Neither was you.

You came in to look for a arguement, not me.

I won't follow your protocol , and finish with a insult, Good day sir.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

An open unbiased investigation , lets put this puppy to bed.

No such animal. ANY investigation is going to involve the FBI, CIA, NIST, FAA, DoD etc...... And those are all agencies that you will not accept anything from.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What a tiresome thread. What a waste of time. It seems only to exist to validate Impressme's usual tactic of venerating his own sources as "creditable", while calling everyone else a "lair" who is just expressing "opinions".

If you decide beforehand which sources you think are credible and which you are allowed to just wave away because they are bogus, then you are not going to get far. Writing a long thread about what you consider "creditable" (which seems to simply consist of things that agree with your assertions) doesn't help matters.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Saying that the source you quoted regularly suspends reality and might not be reliable is not a "tactic." It is a caution to others reading the thread.
If you choose to hang on his every word and quote him chapter and verse, that is up to you.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

THANK YOU, 'TotS" for saying what is uppermost in most of our minds....

(I did NOT intend that the appreviation/acronym of your 'user name' should be generated in such a way as to imply any diminuation....I did it as a 'shorthand', just as MANY use MY screenname (affectionately, I presume) in "shorthand"...aka- 'WW' for example.)

Hope this isn't too far off-topic, though I fear it may qualify.

An attempt to bring it back follows....

As the title of this thread is "9/11 Conspiracies..." I suggest that MOST of these so-called 'conspiracies' are based on faulty assumptions, to begin with, and thusly are baseless in their initial assumptions.

It is logic-based, and EVERY one of my posts attempts to support this same concept, and it is a shame if those who do NOT use logic can't understand it....

I challenge my poor writing skills for any mis-understandings that may have been conveyed, in the past....

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by Sean48

Saying that the source you quoted regularly suspends reality and might not be reliable is not a "tactic." It is a caution to others reading the thread.
If you choose to hang on his every word and quote him chapter and verse, that is up to you.

I dont hang on any one's word . There are just TOO many credible people

who believe the OS is tripe.

Why limit myself to 1 ?

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Sean48]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join