It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Roll Call

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Family of five.

Five year old girl had it first.
Seven year old girl has it now.
Three year old boy still uneffected.

I am fighting something, but haven't developed many symptoms.
Husband has "underlying conditions" and is also fighting something but doesn't have many symptoms.

What we have is pretty mild, but the one kid had chest wall pain that subsided which is a potentially serious symptom.

No test. All my children have been exposed in their classrooms to other children who have had confirmed cases of H1N1 that are fairly serious.

Frankly, my children have been fine. As flus go, it hasn't been that bad. They've had much worse.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
People be aware that without proper testing none of you that have experience symptoms of flu can tell for real that is the swine flu version.

That is one of the deceptions now been played by the health care system backed by the CDC and the government, no testing and call anything with flu like symptoms swine flu.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
do you throw up with this flu?

My children did/are.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People be aware that without proper testing none of you that have experience symptoms of flu can tell for real that is the swine flu version.

That is one of the deceptions now been played by the health care system backed by the CDC and the government, no testing and call anything with flu like symptoms swine flu.

If you have the oddball symptoms that do not fit other influenza viruses, and not a cold or allergies, and this virus is the only persistent one being found.....it would be illogical to assume that what you have is NOT H1N1.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
London England here, (in a swineflu hot spot town)
I had swine flu and am still recovering after a month of being infected with it,

Im almost better but the main issue is my chest infection which is taking its time to clear even with antibiotics,

My own experience with this is that it did feel different from a normal flu, Its hard to explain but there was just something that made me feel very odd, The main part really floored me for the first 2 weeks but i think the worst is the after affects that just wont pass like my chest, head cold (4weeks) Im just drinking hot drinks and keeping wrapped up,

I did not take Tamilfu as i was diagnosed after 9 days,

Others in my family also had it, My sister, her son and daughter, also my mother.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by asala]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

My 6 year old son has it right now.He seems to be getting better.He is not allowed to go back to school until he has been fever free for 24 hrs.Doctor didn't prescribe anything.He recommended tylenol and motrin

Have you been to my thread yet?
Above Top Secret....

[edit on 4-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes we can assume that is nothing wrong with that, but is many other symptoms that mimic the flu, I think is sad that proper testing is not done because it could be something more serious than the swine or regular flu.

If you know what I mean, that is why many peple ar dying from pneumonia because is too late by the time they figure out that is just more than a flu.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

For the chest cold try home remedies or old wives remedies like honey and rum if you are not allergic to hone or rum.

Still a good old fashion humidifier or one that you can hold in your hand and breath through you mouth with it, helps a lot.

Take care and keeps us informed of how you are progressing, also watch out for that bacterial pneumonia, if you feel worst rather than better run to the hospital.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
ARGH. I am quickly losing ground to getting sick.

Headache, runny nose, watery eyes, tired. Did I mention tired. Oh yeah, and man am I tired. I'm also starting to feel stiff.

Light occassional cough that's dry but has a light odd rattle in the middle of the throat.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks, and i will keep you updated,

Im going to head over to the docs again to get something for my chest as i have been told to come back each week my chest is not better, I think there keeping an eye in case it turns in to Pneumonia, no signs of fever or shivers though,

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
My kids and I had the H1N1 flu mist about a month ago. My wife had the H1N1 shot about a week ago. We have not been sick, but we have seen H1N1 first hand. My sister in law passed out while driving and when the cops got there she was delusional. She said she had never been so sick, and that it hit very fast. She went to work feeling ok, but started feeling bad so she drove home. She didn’t make it! She said for a week she could do nothing but lay in bed and talk to God because she knew her time had come. A kid in my nephews school died (Confirmed case in Texarkana Tx.) After this I pulled the kids out of school, and home schooled them until we located some vaccine. They went back about ten days after they got the Flu Mist. There is nothing mild about swine flu! They say that it is mild in allot of cases, but not in any cases I am aware of, my father in law was hacking up blood. I know of two deaths that are not reported as swine deaths. One was a healthy 28 yr old male, the other was a cancer patient not really sure how old. I guess I could look, but he was 40 or so. The local news said the 28yr old died in his sleep and that was it. I am not going to share his name, but I will say he died Sept. 22, 2009 at his home.

That said my sister in laws kids did alright with the flu, her youngest who is breast feeding didnt get sick. Dont get me wrong they were down for the count, but not effected the way she was.

This is from Wake Village / Texarkana / Bowie County Tx.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for the tips Randy All is well here now.The kids are all healthy and doing well.Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e25455f2f4fa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I do not beleive that they know enough about the Swine to create a cure for it, and the test are not accurate, one pregnant woman took three test trthat came back negitive and the woman die from swine, so I am going to do ever possible to stay from it and if I start to get it i will probably change my mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
My sister came down with the "swine flu" earlier this week. She is a public school bus driver. Odd thing is the doctor didn't do any tests on her, just had her start a battery of tamiflu, and told her she had swine flu.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I am in Missouri and the flu is fairly widespread in our schools in my small-ish community. I talked to the school nurse yesterday and she said, "I've never seen anything like it". They are sending home 15-20 kids per day (from each school) for swine flu symptoms, which is pretty high numbers for a town with 12,000 people.

My 12 year old has had swine flu (diagnosed by a doctor) since Saturday and has been horribly ill with it. He was fine at 10 on Saturday night and by midnight had a high fever, sore throat and a cough that sounded like bad bronchitis or even pneumonia. I have another son with asthma so started the ill son on breathing treatments until we could get him seen by a doctor. It is now six days later and even after a round of tamiflu, breathing treatments four times a day, alternating motrin and tylenol, and now antibiotics for the cough that won't let up, he is still pretty sick.

As of now everyone else in the family is healthy. My 10 year old with asthma did receive the vaccine this week, although who knows if it will build up enough resistance before he gets it since he's been exposed.

For those who think this is just another normal flu virus, my experience tells me it is much more than that. It seems to hit hard and fast and goes straight to the lungs/bronchial tubes.

I know of two people personally (not kids, but adults under 45) who are currently hospitalized with h1n1 related pneumonia here in my small community and I assume there are others.

So, that is our experience with h1n1...take care everyone. Whether you decide the flu vaccine is for you or not, don't underestimate the severity of this virus--it can be quite serious!

[edit on 6/11/2009 by xtradimensions]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Louisville, Kentucky.
I am being treated for H1N1 as of now. Symptom's came on fast, chills, elevated temp, dry VERY painful cough, short of breath, totally exhausted.

Tamilfu, isolation and bed rest for the next few days for me.

My doc said she was not believer in tamiflu for many years but decided to try it with this flu and has had success. I am just hoping I did not pass this on to my wife or 6 year old between infection and now.

Obs off to bed!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I got ill on my birthday, Oct 29. Unsure if it was H1N1. No fever, but I had an extremely sore throat, sinus issues, and lost my voice for a good 4 days. It's now changed to upper respiratory issues now, mostly dry cough, but painful and they come in violent fits, today I'm seeing the dr. to see if its bronchitis or pneumonia.
I'm in Southern New Mexico.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
From Another ATS Thread---earlier today

posted on 5-11-2009 @ 23:41 single this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

because i spent Tues 3 Nov & Wed 4 Nov down at the VA hospital in Charleston SC.... i am fairly certain i'm in the very early stages of flu incubation

the very first 'odd' feelings in the stomach, & the accompaning brain
feelings of being 'out-of-sorts' are present.

My mental & physical body is fighting back by having loose-watery bowel actions tyring to expell the virus intruder. Which is helping immensely,

in the meantime, i am visualizing the body defense mechanisms to produce a load of those T-cells that attack foreign intruders in ones body.

No immunization for me because i'm severely allergic to the whole egg medium that grows the virus used in flu shots...

if you see posts made by 'StUdio', know that my protocols for self-healing are working well, because i won't follow up in this thread unless my condition worsens

the only thing i did not post was that i live in ZIP CODE 29577-5740
90 miles north of the Charleston, SC ...Veterans Administration Hospital where i came in contact with a multitude of 'carriers'...
dispite carrying sani-wipes & frequently washing my hands

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i had it, my girlfriend had it.. my friends and most of my family had it as well. we all did fine. i had the flu much worse 3 years ago. whatever that was i hope to never experiance again

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join