It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Phillip Garrido a Serial Killer?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Reading some of that it seems he was a bit of a CTer. I sort of wonder if he ever posted here.

He talks about mind control and hidden power. Certainly he has some issues. This does though not tke away the fact that he should recieve the harshest punishment that can be concieved.

Raist

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
He could be a serial killer. However, I'll bet that there are a lot of unsolved missing persons/murder cases that they would love to pin on him. Makes things tidy from the law enforcement perspective.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
No one has bothered to answer any questions - not even anything I've seen in the MSM anout this - concerning the wife's role in all this. The stepfather reported TWO people who abducted the child. Was the second the wife? I know she's in jail also, but I have heard nothing about her. All I've heard is talk about PG.

She HAD to be in on it and in what capacity? Husband/wife child rapists/kidnappers/serial killers?

I find that a bit odd, to say the least. Anyone else?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Eek I hope not. I used to live 8 miles from there too!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

It would not be the first time.

Search David Parker Ray. He had a girl friend helping him kidnap and sexually torture victims

Her name was Cynthia something; I cannot recall it at the time. They were not married though according to her they were supposed to be married at one time. Of course now that he is dead and she is still in jail she is claiming he made her do it all (imagine that always the other persons fault).

I would put money on it that the wife was involved the whole time on this one. Certainly she could have helped to stop it at any time as there were times she was not with her husband. She is just as guilty and evil as he is and deserves every bit of punishment that he does.

Edit to add: There was also a family that was involved in killing. That is right a whole family search the bloody benders to find out more.
Raist

[edit on 8/31/09 by Raist]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

It would not be the first time.

Search David Parker Ray. He had a girl friend helping him kidnap and sexually torture victims

Her name was Cynthia something; I cannot recall it at the time. They were not married though according to her they were supposed to be married at one time. Of course now that he is dead and she is still in jail she is claiming he made her do it all (imagine that always the other persons fault).

I would put money on it that the wife was involved the whole time on this one. Certainly she could have helped to stop it at any time as there were times she was not with her husband. She is just as guilty and evil as he is and deserves every bit of punishment that he does.

Edit to add: There was also a family that was involved in killing. That is right a whole family search the bloody benders to find out more.
Raist

And let's not forget about Karla Homolka. The lady who helped her fiance drug, rape and murder her own sister.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't waste my time getting angry about these people, because they are not normal.

It's meaningless to judge them by the standards of a normal human being. It's like judging a bear for ripping a camper apart.

As for me, I'm FAR angrier about the sociopaths who run this planet and nobody even KNOWS their crimes' extents.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am absolutely sickened by the expression of mercy toward an individual like this. It is our RIGHT to defend our families and completely justified to terminate the life of an animal which threatens us.

But even if you do not believe that, please explain to me this: how can you justify leniency to someone who will almost certainly offend again? Could you stand in front of the family of this poor little girl and justify your thinking? Can you live with yourself knowing that if we as a society had chosen to end the life of this monster, this girl would have had a normal life?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Exactly, I think they have watered down the sex offender registry on purpose.

They have put anyone they can on the sex registry instead of the people who have committed the serious offenses, which are the real problems. Of course part of that is to label as many people as possible as sex offenders. Eventually they will turn everyone into a criminal.

Meanwhile they are letting guys like this out of prison after he has barely served a fifth of the time.

Once again, why. There is something clearly wrong.

Maybe the people who let this nutcase out early should be forced to live in a tent and use a portapotty for the next 18 years in somebodies backyard.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I haven't seen any background on the woman either. Apparently they were living at her mothers house, so what about the mother as well. if the mother was living there, is she an invalid or something. How could she not know about the people living in her own backyard.

Maybe she was his handler. Her job was to keep the psycho under control so he could be used on missions when needed.

Then there are the creepy neighbors. According to the news reports, the neighbors knew this guy was a registered sex offender. How could this one woman who spotted one of the girls in the backyard, and apparently talked to them not have made an effort to get something done about this. She claims her husband told her not to do anything, because maybe the chose to camp out in the guys backyard?

Makes me think the only reason the neighbor admitted this is because she thought one of the girls might tell about their encounter, or encounters.

How could these people sleep at night knowing this?

Hmm, maybe because it was their job?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think they're going to need to do several types of tests to find out if he's lying and delusional. He might even be making up much of what he says to appear as mentally ill, even though many would say he already is.

Him having a guilt trip over this girl, now a woman and mother with his children. He may have acted out agianst women he believed deserved to be punished as if resposible for his actions.

They anounced something of significance has been found on the neighbors property?

A bone fragment? that could be anything over the years like leftover dinner bones. These kids lived outside. I'm surprised there isn't a LOT of bone fragments.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

True, there are many nut case women out there more than willing to help out in such a situation.

People like this need to face a life of torture.

Raist

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You mentioned 'wife/husband' rapists etc. and wondered if this could be true

As regards the Garrido case, we don't have sufficient details as yet

However, I remember reading some years ago about a man and wife who lived with the several children (I think) in a mobile home type situation

The man had created a small room beneath the floorboards of the trailer in which he kept a young girl he'd kidnapped to use as a sex-slave

does anyone else remember this or have more details ?

In any event, the wife knew. Whether or not the children did, I don't know, although it would be difficult to keep it a secret in such close quarters and as the children grew older/became more aware

There was also a case involving the woman/partner as willing participant in kidnap, rape and murder, in Noosa Heads, Queensland, Australia.

The victim was a lovely, pre-teen girl named Sian Kingey (sp?) who was lured aside by a middle aged woman whilst on her way to school.

The woman's de-facto was a man several years younger who'd recently been released from jail, from what I remember. They took Sian into scrubland, where she was repeatedly raped by the male-animal who was enthusiastically assisted by the woman. Sian was then killed

When jailed, the rapist, murdering pair turned against each other .. blamed each other and each attempted to minimise their own role. Oh yes .. they wanted to regain their OWN liberty alright.

Both were sentenced to lengthy jail terms.

The woman was revealed to be the mother of six or more children.

She whined and attempted to gain release from jail. As usual, the do-gooders attempted to plead extenuating circumstances on her behalf.

Not sure what happened to the foul creature. I think she died. Not sure what happened to the male animal either. He might still be in jail.

So yes, there are women out there who will assist men to kidnap, rape and murder children

Fred West's wife is suspected by many to have played a far greater role in the series of rapes and murders of which he was found guilty

And there was also the vile Myra Hindley, who enthusiastically took part in the tragic Moors Murders in the UK

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I've refrained from posting this next for several days, once I discovered it was reported by 'News of the World'

It's included in the Mail Online's (UK) coverage of the Garrido case and reports that a neighbour has claimed that several times Garrido held 'loud, noisy, drunken parties, lots of laughter ' etc. in the backyard of the property.

The neighbour is reported as alleging that he peeped through the fence and saw approx. ten 'Mexicans' who filed into the sheds at the back of the Garrido property.

The neighbour is reported as alleging that he saw (through the Garrido shed's windows) 'heads bobbing up and down' .. and asked himself if this was 'some sort of sex thing going on in there '

The neighbour is reported as wondering if Garrido had prostitutes in the sheds

'News of the World' apparently has a poor reputation as a 'sensationalistic gutter rag' and we can hope there's no substance to the report.

Would the authorities reveal the above if it were true, however ?

I agree with you, OP, that there appears to be more to this story

Another poster, IDK (can't remember the rest of his ID) posted to this effect several days ago here in ATS .. and suggested possible links to the Kennedy death

The other poster's ID is IDK88, although I haven't found his thread as yet

[edit on 31-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
OP .. below is the report contained within UK's 'Mail Online' coverage of the Garrido case:

For with FBI agents now digging-up Creepy Phil's backyard and exploring his neighbour's property, Mr Rogers shudders at the memory of the sounds he heard when it was 'party time' next door.
Mr Rogers says 'perverts' in the area were regularly invited over by Garrido for sex, beer and drug parties and that the Garrido home was, in effect, being used as a brothel.

He watched groups of men arriving at the house on hot summer nights. They carried crates of beer. Mainly of Mexican appearance, they lit bonfires, played music and shouted and laughed late into the night.
They also took it in turns to enter a tent erected amid the junk in Garrido's backyard. 'I saw them entering the tent one by one,' he says. 'I saw them bobbing up and down and I thought, "My God, there is something sexual going on in there".'

Once, he peeped through a crack in the fence separating their land. 'These guys were unsavoury looking men,' he says.
'They were drinking beer and smashing the bottles on the ground. I thought they had a prostitute or something in there. I thought it might have been some kind of sex party or something. It happened quite often. They were different men each time

The men gave each other 'high-fives' when they emerged from the tent.
Mr Rogers discussed the matter with his brother Dean, who lives along the street. Both men agreed not to contact the police. They have since agonised over whether Jaycee and her two daughters were being 'pimped out' to strangers. 'I hope to God not,' says Dean.

and

By way of explanation he says: 'People don't even wave to each other or say hello here. You just pay no attention to what is going on with other people. That way, you don't get shot.'

Certainly, Walnut Avenue is a grubby, primitive and predominantly white area. Many of the homes are little more than wooden shacks with children playing in the dirt outside

Drug and alcohol addiction are widespread; back yards are littered with cars and fridges. Astonishingly, the area is home to 144 rapists and paedophiles

'People here live off the grid,' says one local police source. 'That means they use drugs, don't pay taxes and never pay their bills. They live as they want to - and pay no attention to anyone else. And everyone who lives here is very happy with that arrangement.'

The surrounding streets offer another insight into Garrido's twisted mindset as he held two generations hostage for his own sexual gratification. As darkness fell on Saturday, people scurried from dusty yard to yard, buying and selling crystal meth.

Highly addictive and responsible for making users' teeth fall out in a syndrome known as 'meth mouth', crystal meth, also known as crank, is an amphetamine which has swept the U.S. Experts say users experience unstoppable sexual urges.

Locals say Garrido, who had previously been addicted to '___', was a 'tweaker' - the slang word for crystal meth addicts, whose habit leads to characteristic spasms of twitching - and that he was also reputed to 'cook' the raw materials for crystal meth in an old van in his garden. This 'laboratory' reportedly exploded last month. Again, neighbours did not call police.

That is the Antioch way. And there may yet be far worse to come. With the FBI diggers now in action, Mike Rogers suspects that murder will soon be added to the long list of sordid secrets emerging from his neighbour's home at 1554 Walnut Avenue

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
With regard to Garrido's wife, just found this in Mail Online (UK)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

According to this article (written apparently by Fred West's official biographer) Garrido's wife is facing even more charges than is Garrido

The article suggests Garrido may have married in order to persuade that he was 'reformed'

Garrido married his wife while he was in jail. She was visiting a family-member who was incarcerated in the same jail as Garrido

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Just found a new article (Mail Online UK) in which it claims Jaycee played a role in Garrido's printing business

Haven't read it yet

Here are the salient points as provided by Mail Online

Revealed: Jaycee's 'polite' emails which show key role she played in pervert kidnapper's family printing firm

* Customers described 'Allissa' as professional and polite

* Garrido's father: 'I believe my son killed prostitutes'
Police hunt link between Garrido and three missing schoolgirls

* The spurned chances for Jaycee to escape

*'Cadaver' sniffer dogs search two gardens for bodies

Kidnapped Jaycee Lee Dugard took an active role in her captor Phillip Garrido's printing company, according to reports today.

Customers of Garrido's company, Printing for Less, which sold business cards and fliers, knew Jaycee as 'Allissa' and described her as professional, polite and responsive.

Ben Daughdrill, who used to own a junk hauling business, told CNN: 'She was always good at getting us what we wanted - you got the feeling she was doing all the work.'

James and Cheyvonne Molino used Garrido's printing firm for a decade and also got to know 'Allissa'.

Cheyvonne said: 'Phil couldn't design anything. Allissa was the one designing the cards, working the computer, emailing people.

'Allissa came out to see customers, delivering cards, talking to people.'

There have been reports in the last few days that Jaycee, who was held captive for 18 years, was effectively 'brainwashed' by Gurrido, who fathered two girls by her.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Edit Add: The above link leads to a must-read article.

It reveals that Garrido's two daughters (by Jaycee) attended a party only a few weeks ago (photo in article).

It says that Garrido asked the hostess if his daughters could attend .. and that he left them alone at the party !

One of the adults at the party is alleged to have claimed that Garrido's eldest daughter 'clung to him, as if to say 'this is my man '

It reveals that Jaycee had access to a phone and computer and went to clients' premises

Claims that neighbours saw more than one adult woman and several children in the yard .. where are they now ?

Reveals that Garrido was using buildings on adjacent property. The actual owner of the property did not realise for some time that the land was even his, due to Garrido's use of it

Buildings on the property had locks which had been turned around so that they prevented exit

The neighbour claims when he finally realised it was his land and property, he basically evicted Garrido who allegedly had at least one of the buildings set up with video player, couch, etc. Neighbour claims Garrido was most anxious to retrieve the video player

read full article and others at link:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Give that man to ME, for five minutes.
Yes i know that you are trying to raise more doubts about the guy, and trying to do it in some fair and civil way, way but what i know about him is more than enough. Police was asleep while he was doing his dirthy crap.
The guy does NOT deserve to survive, period. Just a question: is there death penalty where it has happened?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
According the Mail Online article linked in above posts, I think we can put aside any doubts about Garrido's wife's involvement

The Mail Online claims Garrido was put in prison in 1993 for 5 months in relation to parole violation

During that time, Garrido's wife would have been alone with her mother-in-law (Garrido's mother) and Jaycee .. and could, had she wished, freed Jaycee or contacted police about Jaycee's whereabouts

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nancy's defence is likely to be that she was afraid of her husband, but detectives pointed out that Garrido spent five months in prison in 1993 on a parole violation, leaving his wife to watch guard over Jaycee, who was then 13.

Also:

As the probe widened, details continued to emerge about Jaycee's years imprisoned in Garrido's back garden.

Neighbours said she was never in shackles and, like her daughters Angel, 11, and Starlet, 15, appeared in awe of Garrido.

Cheyvonne Molino, who invited the girls to her daughter's 16th birthday party a fortnight ago, said they loved the Disney TV show Hannah Montana, while Jaycee spoke of wanting to be a fashion model.

She added: 'People make it seem like these little girls were living like wolves or jungle kids in the backyard dungeon. Perhaps that's it, but they didn't give that visual to me.'

And:

Jaycee's stepfather Carl Probyn said Angel and Starlet were unaware of their father's horrific crimes against their mother and were upset that he was behind bars.

'They had no idea that Jaycee was kidnapped,' Mr Probyn said. 'They just found out. It's going to take a lot of therapy for them.'

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Just wondering

is all the information contained in the above excerpts from Mail Online UK being made available to people in the US ?

It's not looking good, according to Mail Online articles, sad to say

Jaycee's daughters (who were allowed to socialise independent of their mother and father) stated to people that their father (Garrido) 'had a church in his basement '

Police now appear to suspect Garrido of murdering a number of long-missing school-girls and several prostitutes

Garrido had access to land adjacent to his own, where he had a 'pad' set up, complete with video player. He'd established the same set-up when arrested and jailed for the kidnap and rape of a casino-worker when he was 25.

It's to be wondered if .. after being 'evicted' from the 'pad' he'd set up in a neighbour's building .. if Garrido created another 'den' underneath his house.

A neighbour allegedly alleges that Garrido had up to ten men at a time in the rear of his property for drunken parties and that possibly Garrido was pimping one or more females

It's alleged that Jaycee regarded herself as Garrido's 'wife' and established strong bonds with him .. also that she could have escaped and turned him in long before now, but for the Stockholm syndrome which she undoubtedly developed as a survival technique

It's therefore possible that Jaycee and her daughters lived 'normally' within the house with Garrido, his wife and mother -- and that the rear yard compounds were used by Garrido to contain other victims

One of the police who arrested Garrido in relation to the kidnap of the casino-worker is irate .. asks who was responsible for releasing Garrido from jail in relation to that crime .. and describes law-enforcement as having 'dropped the ball' repeatedly in relation to Garrido

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join