It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beast of Bray Road/Michigan Dog Man

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Whatever IT is.....i believe it to be a real animal......Not a guy in a suit.....the movements are too Athletic for a human to pull off......

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The real Dogman if it exists is a Shasta Ground Sloth.
The Gable beast is not the Dogman. Or a man in a suit.

Drawing of a Shasta Ground Sloth
www.tarpits.org...

Footprints of a Shasta Ground Sloth IMO
www.examiner.com...

Here's a funny video of a gorilla walking like a man.
www.youtube.com...

Gorilla teeth
cache.gizmodo.com...

Another shaggy gorilla
i.pbase.com...

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Maybe a dog in a bear suit, as some members have stated? I think the movements are more canine than that of a gorilla.

Sargoth- There are many varied reports. I think it could be more than one thing, actually. Shasta Ground Sloths were herbivores, though. I'd tend to think whatever it is may be a carnivore.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
There is a new site about the Dogman, although not related to the Gable Film:

Michigan Dogman

This is a group that intends to go in search of Dogman evidence. There is some interesting data on the site as well about the historical context of the Dogman.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I found a photo of a ground sloth that looks very close to the Gable beast. It's an artists conception but what do you all think? The shaggy coat certainly fits. The shoulders look close.

azstateparks.com...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Sargoth]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Close but how fast was this particular type of sloth. Not sure if we've got the answer here or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How fast they were is something we just don't know. But Gorillas run on their knuckles and are very fast. The Dogman which may be a Shasta Ground sloth is supposed to be fast.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Well thanks for the photo anyway. Ravenshadow13 believes that the whole video is a hoax. Don't know if it is, but the info you sent is informing. Thanks for your input. Let me know if you hear anything else about the video/legends.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
OH my mystical being, this is still a topic? what the frog...Sir Yeti has more credibility than this................

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
here's a pretty cool vid I found on youtube
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Investigation Just Concluded 3-7-2010...Bray Road Dogman!!!!

My researchers and I had just concluded a two day study of Bray Road and the supposed "Dogman" sightings. Here is some very condensed research information and notes:

1. Bray Road is exactly 4 miles long and is a road used by local residents who have farms/homes on this stretch of road. It also could be used as a shortcut between two larger rural highways.

2. Assuming the sightings are real, it is not hard to believe that an five to eight foot, upright, bipedal creature is spotted with frequency by witnesses who claim to be "drive-bys" and not hunters, researchers or "Dogman" trackers, for the simple reason; the immediate area is agrarian/rural farmland. It is NOT a continuous dense track of forest as in the case of Northern California and/or British Columbia sightings of "Bigfoot". In order for a creature to move from one forested area to another, it must traverse long tracks of barren agricultural fields.

The area is not hilly or mountainous and urban sprawl is at the area's "doorsteps" with heavy automobile traffic traveling the highways in the immediate area.

3. Researchers, with numerous years and miles of experience traveling in rural areas, notice a OVERWHELMING pungent ammonia odor emanating about the halfway point of Bray Road. This researcher can attest that in 43 years of driving through and working on farms and farmland, I have never smelled such an odor with the magnitude to overwhelm a vehicle, making it almost unbearable for the motorists. I would assume that the urine emanates from horses, due to the fact of four horse stables on the stretch of road, but again, I have never experienced such an overpowering odor. (It is common for witnesses encountering "bigfoot" to describe an overwhelming odor, however most witnesses describe the odor as: rotting eggs, a musky, wet animal and/or extreme human body odor, not urine/ammonia)

OTHER NOTES:

It is difficult to understand how a small number of large bipedal creatures could subsist in such a populated rural area. However it is possible that they are nomadic and nocturnal, which might be the reason how they could sustain reproduction and survival in such a populated rural area.

It is also hard to dismiss the claims of so many eyewitnesses, who have similar stories that lack vagueness or detail. It is also difficult to comprehend that life-long rural residents could consistently mistake a bear, horse or domestic canine for this creature, which is bipedal, has claws, and a tail, elongated canine incisors and is at least five feet to eight feet tall.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join