It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

democrats vote to protect pedophiles but not military veterans in hate crimes bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
mod's, i checked and haven't seen this anywhere and also feel free to move if i'm in the wrong place
i can't believe my ears. i'm watching Fox news and they are telling me democrats voted to protecting sex offenders of all types in the hate crimes bill but not our military veterans that were in war and coming home from war. this is an outrage

Next on Senate agenda? 'Pedophile Protection Act'
'Hate crimes' law definitions would protect 547 sex 'philias'

Mod Edit: Source Added.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by echodogene
mod's, i checked and haven't seen this anywhere and also feel free to move if i'm in the wrong place
i can't believe my ears. i'm watching Fox news and they are telling me democrats voted to protecting sex offenders of all types in the hate crimes bill but not our military veterans that were in war and coming home from war. this is an outrage

Do you have a link to this?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
can I get a source please? Thanks.
If this is true, then I am going to be sick to my stomache.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax it was on Fox news just 5 minutes ago. i don't have an internet link, i was just listening to the news here on the east coast

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good prepare to be sick. the news man, hannity, was saying he can't believe his ears

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good i'm going to try foxnews.com shawn or sean hannity

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good i can't find anything about this on the web. but he comes on again after the o'reilly facter. 12am FNC Fox News Channel. hopefully by then someone here on ATS will find a link for this.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Is this what you're talking about?
Next on Senate agenda? 'Pedophile Protection Act'
'Hate crimes' law definitions would protect 547 sex 'philias'

if it is, I'll add in to your opening post, but in the future do always try to include a source.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher yes i believe that is what i was looking for, thankyou

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by ImzadiDax it was on Fox news just 5 minutes ago. i don't have an internet link, i was just listening to the news here on the east coast

Ahhh yea ok. I wouldnt really put much stock in anything Fox says IMHO.

Hugs to ya,
Dax

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I would. When a major news station reports on these kinds of bills, you can guarantee something is going on. Now regardless if you agree with FOX news or MSNBC about anything, the fact remains that they are putting it in your face and giving you no choice but to swallow. If they told you tommorow someone was going to be releasing a bio-chemical attack on the entire nation, would you believe them? Of course you would, and you would do whatever you have to do to prepare for it. The fact that it is Fox news telling it to you is a moot point at that time.
The way the democrats have been operating lately, it doesnt suprise me that this could in fact be true. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax thanks for the hugs, dax. i'm on ATS and i overhear this coming across the news. may i add this was the first i heard this horrific bill.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good i don't know what to believe anymore concerning our government. i come from a military family that goes back to the civil war. i'm glad alot of them are not here to see this. i'm not really political but this hits home

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is the bill in the senate right now it has passed tho house the end of April

(2) OFFENSES INVOLVING ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR DISABILITY- ‘(A) IN GENERAL- Whoever, whether or not acting under color of law, in any circumstance described in subparagraph (B), willfully causes bodily injury to any person or, through the use of fire, a firearm, a dangerouse weapon, or an explosive or incendiary device, attempts to cause bodily injury to any person, because of the actual or perceived religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of any person--

www.govtrack.us...

The bill does not spell out protection for a pedophile . But under a definition Pedophilia is a sexual orientation in a broad context.

Unlawful Acts against a pedophile would be subject to an additional penalty from this bill besides the original charge .

I can see the extreme usage of this law . A neighborhood tries to push out a known or convicted pedophile out of their neighborhood and getting slapped with this bill .

One point to interject here IF a racist never goes out and hurts a person different than him and no law has been broken there is no need to charge him with any thing , he is just a creep,

So if a pedaphile never acts on his urges there is really no crime or reason to hate .

Personally I don't think any group of people should have added protection under the law . If I am beat half to death the max they will get is 15 years . But the gay guy down the street they beat him half to death the perpetrator get the same 15 years plus an additional 10 more .

By adding more years to a sentence for the beating of a protected group under the hate crimes it is saying the act against him is worse than if it happened to a regular person That is giving them a special status over and above a regular citizen . We are suppose to be equal under the law

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yea I feel ya, same with my family, includingmy grandfather, me and 2 of my cousins and generations before us. God I am really starting to hate our Govt more and more every day.
basically this is saying (Protect the gays and not the Marines or Soldiers).
Makes me sick, Ima go throw up now.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

Isnt it already illegal to harm anyone with those devices and methods?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i don't get it, what about this is 'anti-soldier' or 'pro-pedophile'?

honestly i am getting REALLY tired of the hysteria of the right.

this bill is intended to protect minorities.

H.R. 1913 ~ Read It...

Congress makes the following findings:

(1) The incidence of violence motivated by the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of the victim poses a serious national problem. etc...

I would like someone to find where this bill makes a specific point to protect pedophiles, not that I do not think they do not deserve protection from harm, just that that is NOT the point of this bill.

Calling it like that is simply the right playing the 'wedge issue' card to try to motivate their shrinking 'base' to server their motives.

This is not anti-solder nor pro-pedophile, that is pure crap.

it has more to do with the rights fear of gay rights than anything else. some of the comments in the story linked in the Op are hilarious...

for example:

"I've written extensively about how this bill would criminalize Christianity and turn those who disagree with the homosexual agenda into felons, but criminalizing Christianity is just the beginning of what this bill would do. It would also elevate pedophiles as a special protected class – since the term 'sexual orientation' which has been added to the 'hate crimes' legislation includes them in the American Psychiatric Association's definition of various 'sexual orientations."

If a mother hears that their child has been raped and she slaps the assailant with her purse, she is now gone after as a hate criminal because this is a protected class. There are other protected classes in here. I mean simple exhibitionism. I have female friends who have told me over the years that some guy flashed them, and their immediate reaction was to hit them with their purse. Well now, he's committed a misdemeanor, she has committed a federal hate crime because the exhibitionism is protected under sexual orientation.

"As has proved to be true in both Europe and Canada, this Orwellian piece of legislation is the direct precursor to freedom killing and speech chilling 'hate speech' laws. It represents a thinly veiled effort to ultimately silence – under penalty of law – morally, medically and biblically based opposition to the homosexual lifestyle,"

get a grip people.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Animal]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

This whole bill is pure crap. A waste of paper no better than something to be used to wipe yourself. All of this stuff is already illegal. Where in this country can you harm someone else and not be arrested for it? What do they expect to accomplish by this law that is not already being accomplished?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good our veterans and men/women in the military deserve better than this. i am totally lost in the darkness of our government

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Common Good our veterans and men/women in the military deserve better than this. i am totally lost in the darkness of our government

please explain to me what this has to do with our troops and veterans?

specifically? when i say 'specifically' i mean HR 1913, please show me what it has to do with our armed forces. please.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join