It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Mac Acting CFO Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by srsly_you_guys

My guess is he knew wayyy too much, and the call came out to have him exterminated...

Can you give some more information on this guy testifying about the passports? What was compromised? Where was this reported?

Here is the link to that story..
www.washingtontimes.com...

A key witness in a federal probe into passport information stolen from the State Department was fatally shot in front of a District church, the Metropolitan Police Department said yesterday.

City police said they do not know whether his death was a direct result of his cooperation with federal investigators.

The Washington Times reported April 5 that contractors for the State Department had improperly accessed passport information for presidential candidates Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama and John McCain, which resulted in a series of firings that reached into the agency's top ranks.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by MissysWorld]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Hung himself just like the dc madam did. Only on the first floor and not the tool shed.
How about that?

I didn't catch what method he did actually use...are you just speculating? or .. did you actually read this somewhere?

Please clarify...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
the funniest thing about all of this, is if we didn't have such huge pride/self worth issues and felt it necessary to place a value on everything and come up with the concept of money we would of all been enjoying ourselves right now....

Makes you think, "Only man could find a way to live miserably in a place of bountiful resources and Lush beauty "

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights
I remain skeptical.

If you are the CFO of a corporation, you can get out of the country. You don't commit suicide if trouble looms, you get out of dodge. Why didn't he get on a private charter flight and live out the remainder of his life in riches and luxury somewhere in Europe?

excellent point~! I would have to agree with you on this. Our CEO makes 1.8 mill and our CFO has to make about half of that. If it was me, I'd would have resigned as soon as the CEO did.

Interesting though, when you that high and the gov hooks are in you, phones are tapped, IM's are being tracked, ect.. the list goes on. If he couldn't get out, he might have done it.

However, the faux news didn't report if he had family or what; which might shed a little more like on the subject.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This will for sure send shock waves through the entire corp world for any CFO; I know if I was one, I'd find a new line of work...ASAP.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think the guy learned about all the Freddie kickbacks to government officials.

It happens with the VA and FHA. I have first hand Knowledge. I hope they dont come after me and fake a suicide.

If you dont hear from me again I guess you'll know.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If there was a pending investigation then you can bet the big hammer is just about to fall.

How will this affect the top recipients of campaign contributions from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, 1989-2008

1. Dodd, Christopher J D-CT $133,900

2. Kerry, John D-MA $111,000

3. Obama, Barack D-IL $105,849

Sniff, sniff.... I smell a major scandal brewing.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
blog here

Sen. Charles Grassley should be sued

Iowa Sen. Charles Grassley suggested on Monday that AIG executives should take a Japanese approach toward accepting responsibility for the collapse of the insurance giant by resigning or killing themselves.

The Republican lawmaker’s harsh comments came during an interview with Cedar Rapids, Iowa, radio station WMT. They echo remarks he has made in the past about corporate executives and public apologies, but went further in suggesting suicide.

“I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed,” Grassley said. “But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they’d follow the Japanese example and come before the American people and take that deep bow and say, I’m sorry, and then either do one of two things: resign or go commit suicide.

“And in the case of the Japanese, they usually commit suicide before they make any apology.”

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

One can hardly be singled out as being the main cause of one's own actions.

It was only a suggestion, after all. He wasn't elected, as in governmental official, to follow the wishes of a constituency.

Those that ARE should follow his lead. IMO

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The first thing I thought when I heard about this on the radio this morning was scandal.

Suicide is possible obviously...but why?

He knew something about someone..or knew something that is on the horizon.

People always seem to die in uncertain times...i wonder why that is....

I'm sure it's not corruption though.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
While it's premature to say this was truly a suicide or not, it is also quite premature to once again, accuse the government of murder based on what.. your intuition? People DO kill themselves, even important, rich, or political people.

Biased, jumping-to-conclusion based accusations prove NOTHING, it only stirs the pot. I am unsure based on the flimsy info so far, what this was. But I guarantee none of you know for certain either.

The only thing that would scare me than a NWO 'takeover' or a revolution, is if people like YOU took over. Nice to know I'd be guilty of murder because you 'felt like' that might be the case.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Maybe his wife had an affair with the Fannie CEO?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I think the guy learned about all the Freddie kickbacks to government officials.

It happens with the VA and FHA. I have first hand Knowledge. I hope they dont come after me and fake a suicide.

If you dont hear from me again I guess you'll know.

Funny you should say that I just received a copy of the "Judicial Watch" today..mailed 4 days ago. Guess what the headline is "Stop the Cover-up of Fannie and Freddie"

I for one will never buy the story of a "suicide." Something big is about to happen and this man knew WAY too much. JMO

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Or, she found him making nice with Barney Frank?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Life intervened and the sad death of a senior officer at Freddie led to the postponement. Apparently, the dealers who are marketing the bonds wanted some representation from Freddie that the death of the acting CFO was not connected somehow to fraud or cooked books.

From across the Curve

So apparently there is already some form of market reaction to the suicide of said CFO.

Well, I'd like to see more CEO's and CFO's in the Finance industry make the same decision. It is the most honorable thing that they can do, aside from a public confession.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by jefwane]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, let me guess.. The gov. elite have never wacked anyone before..I think if you try you can come up with a long list of questionable suicides. Starting with Oswald and Ruby..then the naval officer who was investigating tampering with the supruda film...he jumped out of a window..and many many more..Oh yea Vince Foster shot himself in the head with the wrong hand...Geezz

[edit on 22-4-2009 by booky]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MsBehavin1

Many know too much. I'm still curious why Geitner tried to resign, yet Obama or someone convinced him to stay. He always looks a bit worried or scared to me.

I hope we dont have another JFK scandle. Too many are dropping out before they begin!

The VA and FHA Brokers have always gotten kickbacks. It works the same there too.

It is odd you just got that I havent seen it yet.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Do we really need more scandal?

I can't keep up with this anymore.

Threads galore of corruption..lies...deception.

Good times for the people in this country busting their ass and/or scraping to get by because someone else's incompetence!

Any details out yet?

Maybe Jimmy Hoffa did it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Considering this guys position he would have advance access to the following news.

From Rueters

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage delinquencies among the most creditworthy homeowners rose 50 percent in a month as borrowers said drops in income or too much debt caused them to fall behind, according to data from federal regulators.

Maybe he knew things were going from bad to worse and he was in a position to be made a scapegoat .

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
From all news accounts this guy was always happy. He was all about "family". They are said to have been the first in the neighborhood to put up Christmas Decorations, ect.

He doesn't fit the profile, IMO, of someone who would kill himself. He had been there long enough to know how to take the stress...even though he had only been CFO for a few months.

I think the easy murder to stage as a suicide is hanging...

Watch them make him the fall guy for all of Fannie Mae's problems.....after the shock of the "suicide" has died down.

JMHO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join