It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former astronaut: Man not alone in universe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You are so right mybigunit! People are waiting for a photograph of an alien with the president of the USA before they will believe anything. I mean..there are thousands of credible people who have see things not of this earth..what do you want...it is so funny how people need certain proof..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I highly doubt that would work. I mean, Fife Symington already did that one. Remember? The only difference would be that they didn't sing "Skip to the Loo!"

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Anything that he, or the other austronauts videotaped was confiscated by the military...

It is a very convenient excuse the ufo community has, if you ask me. Are you people going to be using this excuse forever to explain the lack of evidence this subject has. I am going to be guessing yes. By the way it is ASTRONAUTS

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This used to be so neat to me, the idea of alien life and UFO's, the whole thing. I used to love to talk about the possibilities endlessly with friends but now, now it just bores me. I want evidence, not more stories from the same people or grainy video filmed in some foreign country, evidence.

This country, hell the whole world is facing real problems and now a subject I loved so much just looks more like a distraction rather than an adventure.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Even if you produced a video of an alien in a Nasa lunar lander taken on the Moon.they would never believe you. Oh yeah, thats already happened, hasn't it. Apollo 20???? Nah, NASA wouldn't lie....would they?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
While I doubt there's been any alien species dumb enough to make contact with such a barbaric race as ourselves...
If there has been a cover-up, then seeing as it's been good enough to keep a lid on things for this long, it will likely continue to prevent any real evidence from making it to the public.

I speak with a number of people who get their jollies from "listening" to satellite data. Not my cup of tea, but I know they make ready use of spectrum analysis to see which frequencies are carrying traffic, and then tune to those frequencies to see if they can make use of it.

If there's an intentional message another species is trying to send, these guys would have picked it up... or someone like minded.
Alas, nobody I know of has...

I know as a mathematical certainty there's life out there, and in that certainty, there's an absolute that some of it has got to have had longer to evolve than we have... which would suggest higher intelligence.

So to wrap it up...

There's intelligent life out there, and they don't want to talk to us.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
While I doubt there's been any alien species dumb enough to make contact with such a barbaric race as ourselves...

Just out of interest why do some assume that we are likely to be more barbaric than an alien race?

Just because they are more intelligent (in terms of have inter galactic craft) does not mean they are more "enlightened".

They might be even worse than us because if they can have space craft so superior to ours that they can traverse time and space then their weaponry ... sheesh ... that is going to be next level compared to our pea shooters.

Do not assume that with intelligence comes compassion.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Still he didn't show any proof just someone told him and he is buying into that crap. This is not newsworthy.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee_K
Someone really needs to put all of these important statements from respected people together. Into 1 big piece and start getting it shown about. Bring more attention to it. Like massive attention. Get it into the media as 1 big article.

What like the discolsure project for example?!?!?!

2nd

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
We are not alone in the universe? Why, because astronauts said so?

So these astronauts have traveled the universe?

I have no doubt they've seen something. But why does what they see have to be alien in origin? Why is it always this push for extraterrestrial linkage?

Why is the case for man made craft always ignored? Why are people so eager and accepting of alien origin instead of looking more closer to home?

People talk about disclosure. Disclosure of what? That man has harnessed the power of the elements aka. Tesla, and kept the knowledge of which hidden for a secret agenda?

The disclosure people will get will be SO far from the truth ....

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrigiVal

Suprising to see an article as lengthy(more than 2 lines) as this on CNN. With more and more credible(former astronauts) sources coming out with statements like these its only a matter of time before somewhat, full disclosure comes to the forefront. If anything it's definitely gonna grab more attention to the general public.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Where do we draw the line? Another former Apollo moon walker declared that Noah's Ark is real, on Mt. Ararat, and he's been there and seen it. Does that settle it?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I am sure the MSM are busy discrediting this guy, perhaps prolonged drug abuse or an alcohol problem is what they will blame this on.

A single example, please, of what you are 'sure' of?

Or are you only 'sure' of stuff that makes your brain feel warm and fuzzy?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Just thought I would mention that this is now front page news on CNN.COM or big deal you say, but why put that story on the front page if it is not important?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I don't feel that he's doing any of this for the money, or fame. The man was an astronaut for crisakes he gets a NASA pension and I bet it's not "chump change" either.

The US Navy pension rate is a matter of public record. NASA does not pay his pension.

Why do you have so much fun imagining things and proclaiming they must be real? Does that spill over into your choice of tax advice, shopping bargains, traffic rules, and health practices?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I would guess that the gov. is just keeping these sightings secret, because they do not know what exactly they are dealing with. As soon as they know -> we will know i think.
It's just a lack of explanation from their side. They have Pictures, videos and probably even their spaceships, all they don't have is probably knowledge of what exactly it is they are dealing with.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Here is the answer

If any one thinks for just one moment that WE are the only beings in the universe then you have the brain of a pea!
We are on a ball floating in space people, do you REALLY think there is no other life anywhere and we are the chosen ones? - Thats narrow minded.
If we are here, then there are others somewhere else - thats just logical.
And for those who still question it, for them the earth is flat and shame on your tiny mind to think otherwise !

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Here are some credible quotes from other former astronauts, just for the record:

"We know all that the UFOS are real. Something arrives to us up there. You acquire a total conscience, a general orientation, a dissatisfaction of the state of the world and an irresistible desire for curing it."
- EDGAR MITCHELL

"There ARE things out there! There absolutely is!"
- MAJ. ROBERT WHITE

"The encounter was common knowledge in NASA, but nobody has talked about it until now."
and
"...all Apollo and Gemini flights were followed, both at a distance and sometimes also quite closely, by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin - flying saucers, or UFOs, if you want to call them by that name. Every time it occurred, the astronauts informed Mission Control, who then ordered absolute silence."
- NASA'S MAURICE CHATELAIN

interesting, isn't it?!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bharata
Just thought I would mention that this is now front page news on CNN.COM or big deal you say, but why put that story on the front page if it is not important?

Slow news day? Because they like controversial stories? Because MSM doesn't report stories like this, ever?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
They've (CNN.com) even got a poll about if you believe whether or not e.t. life has visited Earth before. right not it's at 62% yes....bigger than one would expect

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Alls I have to say is Mitchell could walk into CNN holding hands with an alien and singing skip to my loo and people would STILL be skeptical. Its just a costume or some other excuse. Its pretty naive to think that out of ALL of space that we are it. That's arrogance.

Agreed.

Our racial mindset has reached a point were disbelief holds sway and nothing short of "directly in your face and flying you off to Vega" will get some people to change their minds. Heck look at what happened when Earth ended up in orbit around the Sun instead of the opposite. Look at today as so many Humans refuse the truths of Evolution. Anything that shakes our belief in who we are and our place in the Universe is to be denied as we are dragged kicking and screaming into the light of truth.

Lets hope that when our stellar neighbors show up it doesn't lead to a melt down of the Human race.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join