It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Invaders Land In Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brothers
This happened in that late stages of the Soviet state. Nevertheless, there would have been soldiers there before you could have blinked an eye and yet they were not there. Sorry, but just cannot believe it. If they really wanted to be known, most likely they would have communicated to the people on earth that they were coming and then land somewhere near a big city so that the whole world would believe. But that didn't happen and no photos and I know that they had cameras then. I would have liked very much to believe this story.

I love this thread and case! its like a litmus test for disinfo agents/government ops trying to debunk, looks like i just quoted a perfect example of one. BANG! headshot! One agent down.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Interesting this is, indeed. Never heard of this case. Thank you for bringing this one up

Now just the letter Ж leaves a question - and the possible relations to Ummoism as Andolin & Internos brought up

This Southern Africa story was always an interesting one hence me being S.African BUT...

according to journalist Cynthia Hind. This was witnessed by 62 schoolchildren, who had little or no exposure to TV or popular press accounts of UFOs. Cynthia Hind interviewed them the day after the encounter and made them draw pictures of what they had seen.

This still makes me laugh and feel anger towards her quote. I know it's Africa but come on
The late Cynthia Hind being a great researcher in the UFO field talking BS by saying little or no exposure. I remember watching V, Star Trek, Battlestar Gallactica, Star Wars etc etc etc back in the 70's & 80's.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
Interesting this is, indeed. Never heard of this case. Thank you for bringing this one up

Now just the letter Ж leaves a question - and the possible relations to Ummoism as Andolin & Internos brought up

This Southern Africa story was always an interesting one hence me being S.African BUT...

according to journalist Cynthia Hind. This was witnessed by 62 schoolchildren, who had little or no exposure to TV or popular press accounts of UFOs. Cynthia Hind interviewed them the day after the encounter and made them draw pictures of what they had seen.

This still makes me laugh and feel anger towards her quote. I know it's Africa but come on
The late Cynthia Hind being a great researcher in the UFO field talking BS by saying little or no exposure. I remember watching V, Star Trek, Battlestar Gallactica, Star Wars etc etc etc back in the 70's & 80's.

Yeah I heard of this one. Its probably my favorite.
But I heard of it via Dr John Mack.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I remember my mother saying something about this back in the 90's. It has always been in the back of my mind. Thanks for the reminder. I am looking forward to reading some more about this.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Interesting case, but I hate those documentaries in which they try to mimic the people's voices, that is the most ridiculous things that can be done on TV.

And I wouldn't be so sure about this being real just because of the children, children can be self-organised enough to create or follow an elaborate hoax, but this does not mean that I consider this case a hoax, just that I think it's one of the possibilities.

And when will people stop making posts just to say things like "it's swamp gas" or "Chinese lanterns"? Those posts are as useless as those that just say "OMG HOAX" or "Photoshop!!!".

Try at least to say something original, that joke isn't funny anymore (and it never was).

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Is it possible to train children to be expert liars? As inexpressably sad as it is or would be, I believe if they can be indoctrinated enough into the (perceived by their parents and/or other adults) "importance" of disinformation (lies), seemingly within the context of rule by secrecy in general, they probably could adopt enough of the cold, calculating sociopath routine.

However there are factual and emotional nuances in children's testimonies that often make them the best witnesses there are. I find it hard to believe that over 60 of them could have been involved in a hoax conspiracy in Zimbabwe.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
this case is a Hoax and the children later admitted that they made the whole thing up.

The worst is the reasons which push Vallée to present the case as true when it is clearly hoaxed.

www.ufologie.net...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

This happened in that late stages of the Soviet state. Nevertheless, there would have been soldiers there before you could have blinked an eye and yet they were not there. Sorry, but just cannot believe it. If they really wanted to be known, most likely they would have communicated to the people on earth that they were coming and then land somewhere near a big city so that the whole world would believe. But that didn't happen and no photos and I know that they had cameras then. I would have liked very much to believe this story.

I'm skeptical of how skeptical you are. You are dramatically exaggerating facts to support your belief system here. You don't know where the nearest military presence was, nor how long the military had to respond unless you did more research than just watching the video. How would the military even know this was taking place?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The video link doesn't work. Could someone post the video here?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

I'm skeptical of how skeptical you are. You are dramatically exaggerating facts to support your belief system here. You don't know where the nearest military presence was, nor how long the military had to respond unless you did more research than just watching the video. How would the military even know this was taking place?

As i said, this is the perfect thread/case to expose/litmus test for disinfo agents.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Jonro]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Jonro]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I knew I had seen that symbol before on a UFO photo.

ovi.org.free.fr...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator

Space Invaders Land In Russia

This is easy, you have to shoot through your own buildings and kill the
the Alien before it touches down. Then whiz accross the across and kill
the spaceship before it goes off screen and get max points.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

If they really wanted to be known, most likely they would have communicated to the people on earth that they were coming and then land somewhere near a big city so that the whole world would believe.

Something makes you think that they wanted to be known and that they care about our silly dispute of who's right about the UFO dilemma so that everybody will believe "us"?

-rrr

PS: My hunch is that it's nothing but a disinformation effort. But if I am wrong and it was aliens, I have no reason to expect them to "want to be known" and want us "believers" to be vindicated in any way. It's nothing but our egocentric view assuming that they want what we want (to give us proof)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The third time I found this:

many Russian newspapers realized that the subject of UFOs, just like any "paranormal" or unusual topic, was very popular and started to publish weird stories and reports of UFOs regularly, without paying any attention to the veracity of the story and without consulting with serious ufologists, since it was a matter of getting more readers and not to investigate the UFO phenomenon. There was thus a new surge of magazines and reviews briskly mixing UFOS, astrology, poltergeist, sex, disappeared ancient civilizations and largely sensationalized mysteries of all sorts.

Russian ufologist Boris Shurinov tells the revealing example of the discovery in July 1989, along an artery of Moscow, of a simple burned grass patch of eight meters, that a delirious ufologist, A. Kouzovkine, claimed to have been caused by the strong radiations emitted by some flying saucer that nobody actually saw, and which according to the firemen, was simply the remainders of a haystack that took fire.

www.ufologie.net...

Right a major UFO event takes place and only one news source reports it. A chid is killed or went poof however you want to say it. And I have found no follow up with the parents of that child.

You know when I was a kid me and my friends would set up an event in our imagination and stick with it for weeks at a time. This doesn't go beyond the reach of a childs game sorry.

Are UFO real, sure they are, anything that is flying in the air and you don't know what it is, well that's a UFO. Call me a government dis-info agent if you will but I am just going to put the other side out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

Zimbabwe-probably the most interesting sighting of all.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Cool thread. I had never heard that story before. Guess the Press didn't cover the story very long back in 1990. Those children and the adults that were interviewed were so honest in apperance. Very odd indeed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
No one in the video explains why so many children saw it yet very few adults seem to have come forward.

As a parent of young children I can attest they are very unreliable witnesses. Not because they lie (which they do) but because they don't fully comprehend the difference between reality and the fantastic.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
So this thing landed and the 'aliens' got out and had a little walk around the town and no one got any photos??

I know it's 1989 and well before cell phones with cameras! But surely there must of been at least one camera in running distance
Any one else find that odd?

Odd? Yeah, so some poor villagers in the Soviet Union who have barely enough to eat are suppose to have cameras lying around. Yeah let's go to the photographic studio in Moscow and grab a camera
. I even wonder how many telephone cabins were in there and some posts here in ATS were expecting the army to show up?
. Yeah well you can tell none of you guys has lived in a "Communist Country". Black & white TV was like a HDTV.

And to the guy talking about how the kids could fantasize this, yeah Uncle Stalin had just came back from the dead and was warning them about the dangers of Capitalism

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeffen
How many eye-witness testimonie's do we need? How many pictoral representations recorded in ancient art all the way through to midevial and rennaisance times do we require? How much video recorded evidence of strange ariel phenomenon performing bizaare and seemingly impossible manuever's does the general public require before we stop ridiculing the phenomenon and recognize it as a legitimate inquiry and give it the proper scientific examination that it deserves?

Are you aware that the Secret Shadow Government is already deep into the UFO phenomenon? We on the outside are literally kept in the dark about the goings on for fear of the effects of disclosure. Take a look at this:

The secret "shadow" government is the large organizational network which operates alongside the officially elected and appointed government of the United States of America. Just as with the official government, the secret government has functional branches. The Shadow Government is a creature of powerful elite, who need not fear being dominated by an instrument of their own creation.

The Intelligence Branch which has a number of departments/organizations under it deal in UFOs and ETs.

The ones that stand out are: NSA, NRO, CIA, FBI (CID), U.S. Navy Office of Naval Intelligence, U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations, NASA Intelligence, and Project Paperclip.

One of the directives/purposes of this Shadow Government is to:

Develop an armed capability to repel any threat to the status quo, (including the uncertain ontological, social, and economic impacts of any revelation of the reality of UFO and extraterrestrial presence) through the development of a Star Wars/BMDO ground and space-based surveillance and SDI weapons network.

Some of the important directives/tasks of these departments/organizations under the Intelligence Branch, related to UFOs/Aliens are:

National Reconnaissance Office(NRO).
Controls and collects information from global spy satellites, monitors UFO traffic entering and leaving Earth's atmosphere, coordinates firing of energy beam weapons from orbiting Star Wars satellites at selected human ground and airborne targets and selectively at extra-terrestrial craft. Loc: Pentagon basement and Dulles Airport area, VA.

National Security Agency
Orchestration of information-control and cover-up activities related to UFO secrecy and surveillance of extra-terrestrial operations.
Loc: Fort Meade, MD.

Central Intelligence Agency
Cooperates with NSA's UFO cover-up operations.
Loc: Langley, VA, and worldwide branches.

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Counter Intelligence Division
Cooperates with the National Reconnaissance Organization in the surveillance of those involved in close encounters with UFOs and extra-terrestrials.

U.S. Navy Office of Naval Intelligence
Has a compartmented unit involved in UFO and USO [Unidentified Submerged Objects] information gathering.

U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations
(AFOSI) has a compartmented unit involved in investigating UFO sightings, extra-terrestrial contact reports, as well as IAC [Identified Alien Craft] surveillance.
Loc: Bolling Air Force Base, MD.

NASA Intelligence
Intelligence on astronaut and reconnaissance satellite encounters with UFOs and ETs, and coordinates the transfer of alien technology to U.S. and allies' aerospace operations.

Whether all this is true is a moot point. But there is no smoke without fire!

So don't think that the powers that be are unaware of what's going on. It's suckers like you and me who are being conned and left in the dark!

Cheers!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-2-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I remember seeing something about a UFO crash in Russia, back in '89.

I remember the aliens being recovered from a downed UFO aircraft. The mystery was whether it was shot down by the military. For some reason, I remember it crashing into water(?), and the alien beings were dead or dying.

I brought this event up, for years afterward, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. I remember being excited about the news, only to feel foolish when finding that none of this was aired in the U.S. (I left Italy in 1990, for University in the states)

[edit on 26-2-2009 by SourGrapes]

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join