It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FED refuses to identify $2,000,000,000,000.00 bank loans!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, at least there is oversight.

Truth be told, you can't make an egg-mess without throwing the baby out with the egg slurry.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Good idea if that wasn't illegal. Its right there in the constitution. Congress has the duty of managing currency. A duty they pawned off to the FED. So the Fed is the only one who get to coin and value money.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Good idea if that wasn't illegal. Its right there in the constitution. Congress has the duty of managing currency. A duty they pawned off to the FED. So the Fed is the only one who get to coin and value money.

No it doesnt say anything in there about creating a competing currency. It is illegal to counterfeit the US currency.

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures; To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As for the thread topic, I think its rather interesting. They have developed a way to tax people without directly taxing them for it. Almost like a loan tax. As the loan sharks say, "the juice is running."

Taxation without representation, isn't that what the last revolution in america was claimed to be fought over? Not insinuating anything, simply throwing it out there. If it is true, and the revolution was fought over taxation without representation, then what is different today? People maybe?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I betcha if they started checking pockets, they would find this money and much more.

I betcha they claim National Security on this one also.

Right, they probably will. It wouldn't matter anyway. They could tell us they spent it on a bit of vacation and some time at the spa for the whole damn senate and it still wouldn't make a lick of difference. The National Security excuse was burnt up in 2003. I don't care how great our national security is, if some one has the ability to plan and execute an atack on our soil it will happen no matter what. Also, our national security is not worth the damages being done to the economy, to the value of the dollar, to the escalating number of people on the un-employment line. when will the line be drawn?

They will be happy to print money up on a whim to finance anyhting they need, until we AS A NATION, stand up together and say thats enough of that crap. Which won't happen becasue they have us so against EACHOTHER, that we're too distracted to place blame on those who deserve it. It was never meant to be "red states" and "blue states". This is the UNITED STATES BABY. We need to recognize the problems with the people running the joint and stop bickering at each other. Partisanship is a muther.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
As for the thread topic, I think its rather interesting. They have developed a way to tax people without directly taxing them for it. Almost like a loan tax. As the loan sharks say, "the juice is running."

Taxation without representation, isn't that what the last revolution in america was claimed to be fought over? Not insinuating anything, simply throwing it out there. If it is true, and the revolution was fought over taxation without representation, then what is different today? People maybe?

Well said well said. It is the people. People are so consumed into themselves they dont realize what is happening. The power of the people has been usurped by a government/multi national corporation collusion. I feel the reason why people have not stood up yet is because we havent had to pay for it yet with high taxes. Wait till taxes go up to 70%. Then we will see some crying.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I really hate to hop in here with this thought but...

Does anyone else notice the similarity between 9/11 and maybe 11/11? On 9/10/01 Donald Rumsfeld announced that the Pentagon could not account for $2.2 trillion. The next day we had 9/11. Now on another Monday the 10th we now get the news that another $2 trillion has been used for reasons that we can not comment on. With so many "public officials" (Biden, Powell, Mike McConnell, Austrailian PM Kevin Rudd, etc.) coming out and pretty much predicting another 9/11, could tomorrow be it?

With Russian president Medvedev saying that his actions of moving short range missiles to the Baltic Sea were "forced measures", and Biden telling us that Russia was a possibility of a future conflict. is this now upon us?

There are so many other signs that something is about to go down and I just had this real scary thought as I read the article. Anyone want to know what it costs to pull off a huge "terrorist attack"? I'd say around $2 trillion.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

They will be happy to print money up on a whim to finance anyhting they need,

Right on man! I couldn't have said it better myself! Starred.

Awesome post!!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
you people never cease to amaze me. you hide on this message board behind your semi-annonimity, with delusions of intellectual superiority, intellectual freedom, semi-anarchy, elitism, etc. you bitch and moan about shady government happenings. you claim how you tell "everybody" about events like this, about how you have known this "forever", about how you have been in the know for x amount of years, constantly complain about how the government is corrupt, how this country and the world is going to hell in a handbasket, etc. your intentions are noble, but all it really sounds like now is bitching.

you see, there are four types of people in the world:
(1) those who see these atrocities, get pissed/upset, and do something [seemingly] productive about it, by making some sort of peaceful political statement (rare), or, commiting violence on a mass scale (the usual choice of people of this group); (insane/unstable/unrealistic/revolutionary)
(2) those who see these things happeneing, get pissed/upset, and discuss it on websites in a way that implies that are going do something about it, without actually doing anything about it; (idealistic)
(3) those who see it happening, get pissed/upset, but know nothing really can be done about it, for the very reasons this county IS as bad as many think it is (READ: because the people have no actual power anymore); (realistic)
and (4) those who are too ignorant to see it, or dont care enough. (apathetic/ignorant)

most of you on this site are of type 2. i am type 3, and im sure there ar eothers on this site. many people in this country are of type 4. very few people are of type 1.

do you have the right to talk about this happening and events like it, and share you feelings? of course. im not saying or implying you dont.
is this country messed up? yes, it is. im not saying or implying it isnt.
does this 2tril "deal" disgust me? yes. im not saying or implying it isnt controversial.
is it possible that the media has spun it into something you idealistic closet country haters can talk about, without actually accomplishing anything? yes.

but if youre going to pretend like youre some sort of revolutionary, 1) at least act like it, (2) leave the country, or (3) come to the realization that thinking like a type 2 is futile.

is that to say, as a type 2 wanting to make a statement (ie. DO SOMETHING about your angst), you should go out tomorrow and recreate the oklahama city bombing? definitely not. and i certainly hope that thought has never crossed your minds. even before reading this post.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by prototism]

[edit on 11/10/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If we only had more Ron Paul's in Congress. He keeps saying the same thing and no one listens to the man. I think Neil Cavuto is against the bailouts as well. He has RP on often as a guest.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Makes me wonder if this is what had changed Obamas mood in his first press conference.

I haven't heard this. I've been in a news blackout, I guess. Any links?

With respect to the broader story of this thread, yes, I too was sick to my stomach reading about it.

Unbelievable.

Criminals.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by loam]

Sorry it has taken a while for me to reply as I was at work and they don't take kindly to us using the internet for sites such as this one. The link you are asking for is this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/10/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
the liberty dollar people were shut down because they violated federal law by printing dollar demoniations on the coins. only the mint can print "20 dollars" or whatever on a coin. if they had just printed coins with metal content, they would have still been in business.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by chadbo]

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by prototism

If you think people such as ourselves discussing these issues on this site are ridiculous then why are you a member of this site and better yet why did you bother posting in this thread. Was it your own ego or are simply here to derail threads?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

All this coming from a type 3? LOL

Anyways, if I had to fight...I would be glad to...in fact, I want to. But I'm afraid to go 1st...and that's the honest truth. I'm not even in America, but I can see how this affects everyone...especially Americans of course.

But, not to worry people, they're talking about a new world currency system. So this should all be better, right?

Wrong! For them, everything is going according to plan. And, I've said time and time again...the time for talk has come and gone a long time now. It is now time to act, and act seriously. But, it seems as though, everyone's waiting for someone else to start acting.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

If you think people such as ourselves discussing these issues on this site are ridiculous then why are you a member of this site and better yet why did you bother posting in this thread. Was it your own ego or are simply here to derail threads?

tell me, where did i say or imply you were ridiculous? some of you are, sure. but not all of you. most of you are type 2, especially when it comes to topics on the governement. idealistic is not the same thing as ridiculous. sdrawkcab says it best: "But, it seems as though, everyone's waiting for someone else to start acting."

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII

Anyways, if I had to fight...I would be glad to...in fact, I want to.
you say that now, but if the time actually came, can you say absolutely that you really would "go fight"? can you be for certain that you would?

Wrong! For them, everything is going according to plan. And, I've said time and time again...the time for talk has come and gone a long time now. It is now time to act, and act seriously. But, it seems as though, everyone's waiting for someone else to start acting.
this is exactly what i mean when i describe type 2.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I dont understand why people are so mad about this. What did you expect? the government to be truthful?
Realy... you all need you get your heads out of your butts if you think that you arent going to be lied to or withheld information. Thats the nature of things. Thats how our crooked gavt works. You had your hopes up? you thought things would change?
Hate to bust your bubble but they havent and they wont!

MessOnTheFED! (for real)

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Why do the tax payers stand by and take this abuse??

The answer to this is both simple and sad...the average person is to damn stupid to think for themselves. Until that happens, the populace will not awaken to the abuses being perpetrated against them. When others (as well as myself) refer to the people as "sheeple," their ignorance to something like this is a reason.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Watch The Battle of Kruger.
Even bulls can act better...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism

you say that now, but if the time actually came, can you say absolutely that you really would "go fight"? can you be for certain that you would?

As certain as there is darkness and light.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join