It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 763
<< 760  761  762    764  765  766 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Oh and theres this.....bissssssssssare!!!!

next please........

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

edit on 23-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
So are the stocks today going to continue keep tanking down?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yes. Stocks are going to 2008 levels at least.

In other news, Russia stock market is dropping 9%!

MICEX IND

-136.49 (9.06%)

Damn...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Like clockwork: ECB comes out and says "hey if they economy aint fixed next month we'll do sumthin bout that then"

Traders (algorithms) breath a sigh of relief, and knowing that it doesn't actually mean anything, they know key words means "buy"...

Europe is up 1%

US Futures are showing high gains.

still very early, but traders need a place to stash that cash for the weekend, could be the rally holds.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Europe is up 1%

US Futures are showing high gains.

Insanity I tell ya. Just like back in 2008.

Days were it fell 600-700 then the next day back up 500... then the next day back down 400... Ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Moody's cut Greek bank outlooks, any questions???

Whitman is back at "HP"!!!

Hoooo Raahhhh!!!!

HP stands for what - Harri Potter?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What's that in the sky? It's a bird! It's a plane! It's... oh, just helicopter Ben printing more money...

It'll probably happen sooner or later...
edit on 23-9-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This is not like 2008. Last hope that would be
This might be worse, without the delay provided with bailouts.
Slaves will have to tighten up their belts.

Interesting HEADLINES

Did Obama destroy economy? (Did he?)
Man held over China sex slaves. (Sick!)
US solar industry could collapse.
Texas drops special last meal for death row inmates. (Austerity measure this one?)
Border patrol abuses widespread. (I can imagine this)

One glance at the ticker and I see economy shutting down. Gold, oil...

Europe back to red, Dow Jones will too.

edit on 23-9-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

US solar industry could collapse.

Which it will probably since oil will go lower and lower... till the currencies collapse, but then you'll need alternative sources of energy because oil will be unaffordable... but by then it'll be too late.

German banks have $1 trillion + in hidden losses

In other news, the US government will probably shut down since congress is going into recess next week and there's no money to fund the gov..

And people cheering about the strong dollar... guess what happens when the dollar is stong and corporation make a lot (most) of their money abroad? That's right, PROFITS WILL BE DOWN... that's gonna help the markets go down...
edit on 23-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
For those who wonder why there is such a Rebound,here it is (for the full Article,go to the Link)

Europe Closes On 'Bailouty' Hope As Rumor Of Major Fund Liquidating PMs Grows Louder

The unerring belief that powers greater than mere mortals will vanquish the enemy of lack-of-bank-capital this weekend was enough to spur a significant turnaround in European stocks and spreads as they headed towards the close.
[...]
This modest dollar weakness is doing very little for PMs - even as Copper and Oil rebound from their week-lows. We suspect the continuing selloff in Gold and Silver is due to the ever louder liquidation/redemption rumors at you-know-who.
[...]
All-in-all, it seems like today was a pause day as opposed to a bounce day and much of the apparent strength ion risk assets can be attributed to technicals and rotation by professionals after a chaotic week. We only hope they get what they want over the weekend but suspect they will not.

This Weekend,again,will decide what will happen next Week.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

STOCKS Hold Fasle Hope

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

STOCKS Hold Fasle Hope

Old truth: Promise i.e. Hope = Work Energy

The problem with this energy right now is it is out of CONDUCTORS because the whole system is worn out and fallen apart. Capacitors can't hold too much energy, it needs to be reversed (like in reversible hydro plants), only - where?

The PROFIT should be the surge of energy to be invested further, but invest it now my blue eyed son!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Golds getting killed off big time

At last look it was down -85.00 (1660ish).

Is it normal to have such a sell off while stocks are doing okay for the session?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

It is now 1,640 -100 -5.76%

Nobody knows what is good anymore. Compass is turning around. Someone wants dollars for some reason. Experts? Anything?

Now 1,632 -110 -6.29%

Sinking very fast...

edit on 23-9-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm on CNN Money and it's only showing, 88.00

Second line.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm so glad to see this thread revived again.

I love the info that's been posted here and all the debates about what may or may not happen. Markets just seem so detached from reality now that it really seems as though it's anyone's guess what the outcome will be and even I'm feeling qualified enough to close my eyes and just stick a pin in the board!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
One great thing about the recent trends of the global stockmarket is, I, someone who's only recently (llast few years) can say i know as much about whats going on as someone who has spent their whole life studying it.

Edit

CNN Money just be 15 minutes behind. Because you're right, its now showing down 97.00.
edit on 23-9-2011 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Gold/Silver Plunge-fest

Gold down over $100, and Silver down over 15% - someone is liquidating. Rumors vary from very prominent hedge funds to Central European (as in geographically) central banks. Bottom line is, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point and will continue until every last seller is out, and until the margin calls end.

There a few Theorys,though with "Operation Twist",which in itself killed the short Term Treasury Markets in which Banks make a part of their Profit (though the Interest Rates on those Treasurys),its is very possible that they are selling all their Gold (and Silver) to raise Money...if they are out,its Game Over.

Or (/and),the Financial System is on the Verge of Collapse (either because of Banks and/or the imminent Default of Greece,which would kill a few Banks (and maybe the System itself)),in which case the Price of Gold has to come down first for the Insiders to get a Headstart,to buy everything that is now beeing sold in Panic (in which case the Results of the Downgrades of the Banks on Thursday and Operation Twist an Hour later,are doing exactly what was intended) shortly before the Big Crash.

Anyway,that Gold is beeing pushed down even faster now shows me, that the Crash might be getting closer and closer...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

if they are out,its Game Over.

Game over for the manipulation. Time to buy the dip.

<< 760  761  762    764  765  766 >>

join