It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 761
<< 758  759  760    762  763  764 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob
WOW, nearly all the stocks iv seen on cnbc and bloomberg are down, average seems to be 2-3% and some 5% and seen one as much as 9%

also every single stock in europe is in the red except one!!

be interesting to see what the U.S opening will bring.

are we seeing the start of the big down turn?? hhmmmmm

I saw it on CNN All stocks are going downwards expect the same for this week my prediction minor market crash before the hoildays.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Bernanke announces essentially QE3 and the market tanks. How ironic. This reminds me kind of how sometimes ladies read between the lines and make conclusions that aren't always there (sorry ladies).

Girl: Do these pants make my butt look big?
Guy: No....
Girl: Tell me the truth!
Guy: Well... I liked those other pants better
Girl: OMG! You [donkeyhole]! You're telling me I look fat!
Guy: Uh, no I'm not. You wanted a response, so I responded.

Bernanke: We're announcing rates will remain low until 2013.
Market: This is bad! SELL SELL SELL!
Market (1 hour later): Maybe this is good! BUY BUY BUY!
Market (next day): After thinking about it, this is bad. SELL SELL SELL!
Bernanke: We're announcing Operation Twist 2 (mostly because it's priced into the market and to not announce it would cause the market to tank)
Market: OMG! He's saying the economy is weaker than expected! SELL SELL SELL!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Everyone is selling everything and buying dollars

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by mossme89

Everyone is selling everything and buying dollars

It is odd, isn't it?

You would think that the dollars were already in one account, and stocks (or gold, or whatever) were earmarked in the other account, so the ~selling~ would only transfer the stocks to the first account and the dollars to the second account. If so, then why is there additional demand for dollars? ''Dollars'' can't come out of New York stocks. They simply swap positions in the book. Who is demanding the USDollars?

I just drank 4 beers and took 5mg melatonin. I feel floaty.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Forget the economy. Bernanke just killed it. He killed the banks. All of them. The small healthy ones too.

All of that to ``spur lending``... which won't spur lending since people are too poor, underwater on their mortgages and the banks won't make much money on the interest... it will be too much risk for not enough money.

All of that to finance the government deficits.

Bernanke just dumped the whole economy under the bus to fund US government deficits. Good job. That's the LAST STRAW. He can't do anything after that.

Once he has invested all that money in long term treasuries, if he starts printing again, the FED will lose hundreds of billions. Yes, more than invested. So they'll be forced to print more to fund itself...

So that's it, Chairsatan has doomed us all.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
He didn't kill it. He simply pronounced it dead.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
lol did any of you just see The Today Show? They had a pan shot of the crowd and somebody had an orange sign that said "Your dollar is failing!" Needless to say, almost immediately after, they shifted back to the anchors.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Futures are showing the DOW down 240 of the start. Welcome to 'Uglyville'. Looks like they've got absolutely no faith in B-ninkie's blatherings of yesterday.

World-wide, it's red across the board with losses of between 2.5 and 5 percent.

Go figure.
edit on 22-9-2011 by GoalPoster because: added global info

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
CDS: Blood On The Streets As Contagion Has Been Upgraded To Gangrene

If you think this morning has a September 12, 2008 smell and feel to it... You are right. Complete and total CDS bloodbath in sovereigns and fins means a global bailout may not be imminent, but the market sure demands it as contagion has been upgraded to gangrene. Bernanke has now officially blown it with the twist and Mr. Market demands a $1 trillion+ LSAP, or else...

Should be a nice Show today and the rest of this Week...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
And for the next few months and years...

Peter Schiff explanation of Operation Twist.

And this is really bad for Europe : (don't worry, it's coming here too)

European Service Activity Contracts For First Time In Two Years As Global Recession Now Ensured

While the bulk of the re-recessionary fears this morning came out of China where economic contraction is now fully raging, Europe is not helping after both Manufacturing and Services Flash PMIs came in worse than expected, and far worse than previous, and more notably with the Services PMI printing below 50, or contracting for the first time in 2 years. In a nutshell, Manufacturing came in at 48.4, Services at 49.1, both missing consensus of 48.5 and 51.0, and far lower than prior 49.0 and 51.5 respectively. As Reuters notes, "None of the 37 economists polled by Reuters had predicted that services activity would contract and this is the first time the index has been below the 50 mark that divides growth from contraction since August 2009..

When the only jobs left (services) are going down, you know you are screwed.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
People this a most read, I know, I know is from the onion but is funny as hell and guess what is could actually be true after what Bernanke did yesterday

Drunken Ben Bernanke Tells Everyone At Neighborhood Bar How Screwed U.S. Economy Really Is

Claiming he wasn't afraid to let everyone in attendance know about "the real mess we're in," Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke reportedly got drunk Tuesday and told everyone at Elwood's Corner Tavern about how absolutely #ed the U.S. economy actually is.

I would not doubt that even Bernanke need the bottle and even antidepressants with all the crap he got on his shoulders

Bernanke, who sources confirmed was "totally sloshed," arrived at the drinking establishment at approximately 5:30 p.m., ensconced himself upon a bar stool, and consumed several bottles of Miller High Life and a half-dozen shots of whiskey while loudly proclaiming to any patron who would listen that the economic outlook was "pretty goddamned awful if you want the God's honest truth."

"Look, they don't want anyone except for the Washington, D.C. bigwigs to know how bad # really is," said Bernanke, slurring his words as he spoke. "Mounting debt exacerbated—and not relieved—by unchecked consumption, spiraling interest rates, and the grim realities of an inevitable worldwide energy crisis are projected to leave our entire economy in the #ter for, like, a generation, man, I'm telling you."

www.theonion.com...

The funny thing is that what the onion is telling is actually true, but if it was from Bernanke itself or a double it doesn't matter we know how screw the economy really is

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Damn - the market is wild today.

I've never heard CNBC say "Depression" as many times per hour as they are today.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

This is actually good for the consumer, oil prices down, dollar up but markets down, now you can see how our dollar is been manipulated when the markets are up.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
http://(nolink)/2011/09/19/experts-warn-fukushima-worse-chernobyl-tokyo-evacuation-longer-ingored-68881/

Experts: Fukushima ‘Worse’ Than Chernobyl -Tokyo Evacuation Can No Longer Be Ingored

150 sites in the Tokyo metropolitan area finds Cesium radiation up to levels limits nearly twice the Chernobyl dead zone evacuation limit of 500,000 Bq/Sq meter.

Now I know why there was a surge in exoplanets reports. When's the land grab?

Anyway, politicians are not giving much about markets losses of today. I guess, because Ben said it's not political...
Or, because there are bigger problems

Like, burka arrests in France.

On the second glance...
Is DOW going to test 10.400 - TODAY?

edit on 22-9-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Dollar rises in currency trading as global stock market sell-off fuels demand for safer bets

The dollar rose strongly against the euro and other major currencies Thursday as a selling spree in global stock markets increased demand for lower-risk investments.

Asian and European markets plunged Thursday as traders absorbed the Federal Reserve's bleak assessment of the U.S. economy. The Fed had said that the U.S. economy is vulnerable to major risks, including from unstable financial markets.

Bad economic news from Asia and Europe also pushed people to sell riskier investments that typically gain value during periods of growth. HSBC's index of Chinese manufacturing showed that factories there have slowed in September

www.startribune.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Time to go back to the old check writing with new debit card fees by some banks.

Banks test new debit card fees

The country's top debit card issuers are testing new monthly fees and other changes as they seek to recoup billions of dollars they stand to lose as a result of new limits on the fees they charge retailers.

The changes are expected to dampen the growth of debit cards, the plastic workhorse that has surged in popularity in the past decade, while leading consumers to use credit cards more often. Some think there could also be a shift to smaller banks and credit unions that don't fall under the "swipe fee" limits, or to accounts that require minimum balances to avoid the fees

www.startribune.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Dollar rises in currency trading as global stock market sell-off fuels demand for safer bets

[...]
The Fed had said that the U.S. economy is vulnerable to major risks, including from unstable financial markets.
[...]

This is the funny Part,because this Line may very well be the Reason that the Markets got unstable in the first Place

Self-Fullfilling Phrophecy and all that

edit on 22-9-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

I think things are about to get worst, I see the closing bell hitting the 500 mark, tomorrow is not going to be better, and is not going to be any "hopes" of Bernanke coming out to "fix" things.

Now news of possible US government shot down and I am trying to figure out what the fuss is all about.

edit on 22-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Come on .. I said a crash in October, it can't crash 8 days early!!!

On a more sober note.. a bad 2 day decline, no doubt, but I am uncertain that this is "it" as they say. This decline is following on the coat tails of a highly irrational Wall Street rally that occurred during a flight from equities in essentially every other major market. Actually European markets are the ones that look to be in a tailspin of firey doom .. but all in all we have not even hit a YTD low on the equities.. technically speaking, we are still outside the "correction" window of -10% YTD.

Calculating this decline in, YTD losses stand at -7.8%

In 1987 when the DOW dropped 22% .... that was a crash.

In 2008 when the DOW registered 11 of the top 20 largest single day declines .... that was a crash

This is a hiccup.

But it's a sign of things to come. The late September and October crashes of 2008 where preceded by a period of extreme volatility .. personally I consider volatility to be a leading indicator of the economy, not single day movements .. it shows uncertainty and strain within the system, a loss of confidence is all it takes to crash a market.

top topics

<< 758  759  760    762  763  764 >>

join