It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 758
<< 755  756  757    759  760  761 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Well good. Time for the whole scam to END...

We'll see what Chairsatan does today... maybe he'll save BNP...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I doubt it somehow. The Intervention by the CB´s last Thursday didn´t even last a Week. And another Round of QE (or whatever they wanna call "Printing Money" now) will makes things even worse,because this will send the Dollar plunging and force People to invest in Gold,which c(sh)ould go to the Moon and beyond,which leaves Banks with even less Investors...

Invest in inflating Fiat or hard Assets like Gold and Silver? I know which way i would go if i had the Money

edit on 21-9-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Are we nearing another takedown in Gold? Look at the chart:
www.kitco.com...

Almost identical to Monday.

Seems further evidence to me that QE3 is imminent.
edit on 21-9-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Are we nearing another takedown in Gold? Look at the chart:
www.kitco.com...

Almost identical to Monday.

Seems further evidence to me that QE3 is imminent.
edit on 21-9-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

QE3 may as well doom Europe,if the Bank runs are any indication...

I´m getting tired of all this BS...

UK QE To Resume In October

Our thesis that global coordinated monetary stimulus is returning is playing out, first slowly, then very rapidly, with the Fed expected to announce at least Op Twist and an IOER cut at 2:15pm today, following a currency peg by the SNB, more printing promises by the BOJ, and the ECB now assumed to return to cutting rates shortly even as it purchases sovereign bonds in the open market. Sure enough, the latest entrant in the global resumption of printing is the BOE, which in minutes presented earlier, makes it clear it won't lag behind the Fed.
[...]

And...

Euro Bank Run Shifts To Insurance Companies As Lloyd's Of London Pulls Cash From European Banks

First it was US money markets; then it was various European industrial concerns (which somehow double down as banks); then it was China; now the bank runs shift to insurance institutions when, as Bloomberg reports, Lloyd's of London has decided to pull peripheral Euro bank deposits. What next: complete collapse of European interbank market as bank runs become a daily thing at both the retail and institutional level? Well, we already anticipated that. But it is something totally different to see it happen in practice.

European Banks are doomed...yes they are...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't think anything major will happen soon, Helicopter Bernanke is coming to the rescue, all eyes and ears are waiting for his prophetic news

Fed is expected to take new action to lift economy

The Federal Reserve is running out of options to try to boost a slumping economy and lower unemployment. So policymakers are expected to reach 50 years back into their playbook for their next move.

Most economists expect the Fed to announce a plan Wednesday to shift money in its $1.7 trillion portfolio out of short-term securities and into longer-term holdings.

The plan could lower Treasury yields further. Ultimately, it could reduce rates on mortgages and other consumer and business loans, too.

www.mediacomtoday.com...

Bernanke will do what Bernanke will do and please do not expect any warning from the government to do anything about his decisions, after all the fed answers to nobody but their secret investors.

edit on 21-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

you are right in saying it (the Twist strategy) will alter the present status quo...

but aren' most mortgages loand tied to the LIBOR bank rates in London rather than based on prevailing rates here at the Fed.

seems a little bit of silliness... because the lenders just assess more 'Points' on top of the loan rate to make up any differences in the LIBOR/Fed loan rates.... its a philosophy of 'Baffle 'em with BS by the banks on those making loans or mortgages...

have a nice day

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
As expected...i refrain from quoting myself for now

Euro Post-Roll CDS Update: Grind Wider Continues With Flare Ups In Austria, Spain

The contagion is getting every closer to the core, with risk in Italy (+6) and Spain (+11) getting ever closer to Austria (+5), Germany (+1) and the UK (+0.5). Also, some rumbling out of ironclad Scandinavia with Finland +7 to 81.75 bps.

edit on 21-9-2011 by Shenon because: wrong Nation,duh

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

After the market crash due to the markets link globally originated here in the US, I don't know what to believe, it seems that US greed spread so wide that no wonder other countries are falling like flies.

But while the EU seems to be struggling it seems that whatever those behind the Markest in the US are doing is actually making the markets look like they know what they are doing.

Regardless of what the news may say, confident on the dollar and the US markets is not as bad as many think.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The plan could lower Treasury yields further.

BS. Every time the FED has done QE, yields on treasuries have skyrocketed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

And so the gas prices, I expect the prices on oil to go higher again. Never let a good oportunity go to waste.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Someone is pumping alot of Money into French Banks right now,especially BnP (which is at +2,30% right now)

Hm...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Someone is pumping alot of Money into French Banks right now,especially BnP (which is at +2,30% right now)

Hm...

Could just be a buyback. The CEO of Lehman did that with $3 million of his own funds before it collapsed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Probably to each other. They did go up at the same Time in short,fast bursts...Propping each other up or something like that.

We´ll see what happens during Chairsatans Speech...until then,i´m gonna relax and watch a Movie or two

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Interesting thread by Jefwane,

HFT Breaks Speed-of-Light Barrier, Sets Trading Speed World Record

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Manipulation and corruption, in the exchanges.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

Hm...

I stand corrected:

Hope Fades In European Financials

90 minutes after rumors of forced mergers and recaps and an easing of collateral requirements by the ECB, SocGen (among other French banks) has retraced more than 75% of the gains and senior financial credit spreads have weakened to their widest levels intraday. It certainly feels like any strength is being used to reduce exposure further - even as we wait for Bernanke's Bonanza this afternoon...

Now i have to do something...anything to get that Speech from Obama out of my Head...yes,i watched it in full...poor me

In the meantime,for those People who still don´t know what Gold is,this latest release might enlighten you:

GATA: "As Gold Price Suppression Grows More Brazen, Maybe Asia Will Defeat It"

The gold market is manipulated because, despite Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's insistence to Congress a few weeks ago that gold is not money, just "tradition," gold is indeed a currency that competes brutally with government-issued currencies and helps determine not only the value of those currencies but also interest rates and the value of government bonds.

Have fun reading the entire Article...i´m gonna do it later...much later...maybe

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Next please

Suck It Up Warren - Moody's Downgrades Bank Of America From A2 To Baa1

Time for another bath. This time metaphorical. "The downgrades result from a decrease in the probability that the US government would support the bank, if needed. Moody's believes that the government is likely to continue to provide some level of support to systemically important financial institutions. However, it is also more likely now than during the financial crisis to allow a large bank to fail should it become financially troubled, as the risks of contagion become less acute. Moody's is therefore lowering the amount of support it incorporates into Bank of America's ratings to levels reflected prior to the crisis."

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

I hope Buffet has a heart attack !

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
...Meanwhile, over in the UK, yet more signs of desperation -

The Bank of England has opened the door to injecting more money into the faltering UK economy.

"Most members" of the Bank's Monetary Policy Committee agreed that the case for an "immediate" stimulus had strengthened, according to minutes from their meeting in September.

Some analysts believe that quantitative easing could re-start in November...

Suggestions of further stimulus come as storm clouds gather over the UK economy.

On Tuesday, the International Monetary Fund cut its UK growth forecast for this year and next, and there is speculation that the government is planning to boost spending on public projects.

On Wednesday, latest data showed that public sector net borrowing during August was a higher-than-expected £15.9bn.

It means a third of the way into the fiscal year, cumulative borrowing at £52bn is only 7% less than a year ago despite the government's programme of budget cuts.

Although only one MPC policymaker - Adam Posen - voted in favour of the Bank resuming assets purchases, others were considering such a move.

The minutes say: "For some members, a continuation of the condition seen over the past month would probably be sufficient to justify an expansion of the asset purchase program at a subsequent meeting..."

Howard Archer, chief UK and European economist at IHS Global Insight, said: "The minutes of the September MPC meeting are appreciably more dovish, opening the door wide to more quantitative easing by the Bank of England and very possibly sooner rather than later.

"We expect the MPC to approve a further £50bn in quantitative easing during the fourth quarter. A move as soon as October is entirely possible, but we suspect November is more likely."

So why all the fuss?

The minutes show that MPC members discussed a raft of deteriorating economic signs, including slowing retail sales growth, lower output, falling exports and a flagging housing market...

Source

(You know it's serious when you can't remember the last time anyone mentioned "green shoots".)

...it said it was still expecting inflation to come down to target in 2012 [
] thanks to the likelihood of a synchronised period of weak global growth, pressured by the eurozone crisis and a US economy beset with its own problems.

Mr Posen has argued for months that a weak economy was a bigger danger than rising inflation and therefore the QE programme should be increased by £50bn, to add to the £200bn already agreed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Not only him i guess...Moody´s is on a Rampage now

Double Tap For Octogenarian Of Omaha: Wells Downgraded From A1 To A2

Buffett tells Obama how to tax the country and all he gets is this lousy shirt that says "I got double penetrated by Moody's on Central Planning day"
[...]
Moody's Investors Service downgraded the long-term ratings of Wells Fargo & Company(holding company senior debt to
A2 from A1) and of its major subsidiaries including Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
(rating on the bank for deposits to Aa3 from Aa2). The actions conclude a review for downgrade announced on June 2, 2011. The outlook on the long-term senior ratings remains negative.

The downgrades result from a decrease in the probability that the US government would support the bank, if needed. Moody's believes that the government is likely to continue to provide some level of support to systemically important financial institutions. However, it is also more likely now than during the financial crisis to allow a large bank to fail should it become financially troubled, as the risks of contagion become less acute. Moody's is therefore lowering the amount of support it incorporates into Wells Fargo's ratings to levels reflected prior to the crisis.

Bolded the best Part

Edit: Muahahaha,Triple Headshot

Moody's Goes For Trifecta, Downgrades Citi Short-Term Rating Of Citi From Prime-1 To Prime-2

There goes Citi...

Moody's Investors Service confirmed the A3 long-term rating of Citigroup and the A1 long-term and Prime-1 short-term ratings of Citibank N.A. At the same time, Moody's downgraded the short-term rating of Citigroup (the holding company) to Prime-2 from Prime-1. The actions conclude a review for possible downgrade announced on June 2, 2011. The outlook on the long-term senior ratings remains negative.

The confirmations reflect two offsetting factors: a decrease in the probability that the US government would support the bank, if needed, and an improvement in the bank's stand-alone credit profile reflected in an increase in Citibank N.A.'s unsupported baseline credit assessment (BCA) to Baa1 from Baa2.The downgrade of the short-term rating of Citigroup results from the reduced assumption of systemic support. Typically A3-rated companies are rated Prime-2 for their short-term obligations.

Edit 2: After that,i´m waiting a Hour,since it seems they are gonna downgrade some Nation after they are finished with Banks..

Bank Downgrades Jump The Atlantic: S&P Cuts Italian Intesa Sanpaolo, Mediobanca From A+ To A

Just so the Italian banks don't feel isolated and get more than their fair share of intraday limit down closes, here comes S&P, via Bloomberg:

- S&P cuts Intesa Sanpaolo ratings to A from A+; outlook negative
- S&P cuts Mediobanca ratings to A from A+; outlook negative
Edit 3: 3 more downgrades added
- S&P cuts Mediobanca ratings to A from A+; outlook negative
- UniCredit Spa Rating Outlook to Negative by S&P
- Findomestic Banca Cut to A From A+ by S&P

Judging by the market response, forget QE3: QE 3000 must be coming.

edit on 21-9-2011 by Shenon because: Edit Number 2...

edit on 21-9-2011 by Shenon because: added 3 more downgrades under edit 3

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Meet Greek Austerity...At Long Last

*GREEK PENSION CUT FOR THOSE EARNING MORE THAN EU1,200 A MONTH

*GREECE TO REDUCE TAX-FREE THRESHOLD TO EU5,000 FROM EU8,000

*GREECE TO REDUCE PENSIONS BY 40% FOR THOSE UNDER 55

*GREECE TO CUT WAGES OF 30,000 STATE WORKERS THIS YEAR

*GREECE TO CUT PENSIONS OVER EU1,200 BY 20%: STATEMENT

Riots? Forget riots. What about a coup d'état? If the military has a few patriots in there, they should organize, overthrow the puppet government and get the hell out of the EU.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 755  756  757    759  760  761 >>

join