It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun in the sky for 36 hours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hi to all ats members, today I received a text message from my friend on my mobile and the message content is as follows,

"Coming October 17, the sun will rise continuously for 36 hours(1.5days) in this time the US countries will be dark for 1.5 days. It will convert 3 days into 2 big days. It will happen once in 2400 years. We are lucky to see it, dont miss it, have a miracle day."

He means to say the sun will be in the sky for 36 hours
, how is it possible, that means will the angular rotational speed and revolutionary speed will slow down dramatically to allow that to happen or is he just making a joke on me.

Anyway the opinion of all members please

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The earth would have to slow for that to happen.

Not possible dude, sorry.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thats what I am asking will the earth slow down like that once in 2000 years.

Anyway Respected Dan Tanna, when I wanted to quote your post and clicked on quote icon "mypyramid.gov" website comes up and the reply to icon also does the same.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Probably one of those ridiculous forwards, like the one about mars appearing as large as the moon an a certain day.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by red 5

Yes, you are correct, I asked from whom he got the message from and he said it was from his friend and I asked him to ask his friend where he got that and he says it was his friend and the list goes on and I gave up finding the source.

sty

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I guess we would have lots of evidence if this happened 2400 years ago . As I understand the Earth behaves like an electric motor , and the feeding energy comes from the sun (EM energy), however I am not sure what could make the Earth rotahe the oposite way . I guess an aproaching large body like a dwarf star would do it , so I guess whoever invented the story is a Niburu/PlanetX believer. If this would ever happen , then you would have to prepare for a 1500 miles high tsunami
but as I said, there is no evidence for it .

[edit on 23-8-2008 by sty]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Cannot happen.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet

Cannot happen.

Whats with the one liner give me proof thats why I posted it on ats.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty
If this would ever happen , then you would have to prepare for a 1500 miles high tsunami

[edit on 23-8-2008 by sty]

How would that cause a 1500 mile high tsunami anyway the earths atmosphere extends to only about 500 miles and after that it is outer space where it is hot on the side facing the sun and cold in the opposite direction, could a gravity slingshot really do that

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

OK. In order for this to happen, the Earth would have to lose 66% or more of it's rotational energy. Simply ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I think the 1500 mile is exaggerated but none the less an effective point. The text is sent as a "won't that be cool tell all your friends" type of thing. Not an "oh my goodness the world is at an end" I think it is probably a practical joke or a misunderstanding.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by red 5]

sty

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

lol, i guess it is too late here in Europe - I meant 1500 meters .

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Again an oneliner, but fine you gave atleast a explanation.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Again an oneliner, but fine you gave atleast a explanation.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by red 5

Yes, you are correct probably a practical joke, just to make me angry

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sty

lol, i guess it is too late here in Europe - I meant 1500 meters .

Thats fine, no problem at all

sty

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
1500 miles could not be done simply by stopping the Earth rotating indeed. Some calculations show however a tsunami as high as 1500 meters . But also to be mentioned that the layers inside Earth would also have different speeds of rotation, and it something would make the Earth to rotate the other way around it should be done trough the metal iron liquid core of the Earth.

If the core would start to rotate the oposite way , the magma would overheat so much that it would transform the crust of the Earth in a sea of lava, so I do not think we would see a 36 hours day - but more a sea of lava.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Maybe, possible but if the earth stops rotating wont the gravity cease and the atmosphere fragment off into space and wont we all die

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It's a gag.

The earth would have to slow its rotational speed from one cycle per day to one cycle per three days. (36 * 2 hrs). That might be possible, but I have a feeling the sun moving slower would be the worst of your concerns. As mentioned, the internal forces from such a slowdown would be extreme, causing massive tsunamis and tectonic plate shifts. Also, if you survived that, you would feel heavier, since there would be less centrifugal force on your body to counteract gravity. It would no doubt play havoc with the magnetic poles, and all the geostationary satellites would no longer be geostationary. No more GPS, perhaps the greatest catastrophe of all.

I hate to say it, but this has less chance of happening than Global Warming....

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
LMAO...less chance of that happening than Global warming...

Like it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join