It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
just for fun
the world's smallest snake.
link

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Why was this book left out of the Bible? Well, because it would give too many clues to a past that some have worked so hard to hide and destroy. This brings us to the serpant in the garden. Why is this story left in the Bible? The serpant was evil for bringing knowledge to man. If the serpant was indeed alien (or non-terrestrial as I like to try and refer to them as) then maybe it was bringing knowledge that would either a) contradict what the Bible now states (meaning that the church is behind it) or b) it was a direct violetion of the non-interference treaty.

But why would man become shunned for this knowledge if the serpant was the one to violate it?

See, now I'm focusing on 'mythology' of the Bible and not on the OP. Great work and I definitely will be doing my research. It's great that their traditions have been kept orally for so long. They are among some of the only people on earth to not be destroyed by slavery. Slavery is what has destroyed much of history in the oral tradition. That along with the destruction of books that went against what the new rulers wanted their people to believe.

Either the serpent broke the treaty, or certain beings are trying to protect us from serpent-knowledge that might have been our Downfall in Atlantis...or...or...the ones covering up and denigrating the serpents are the bad guys.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by destiny-fate

Credo Mutwa: The creature smelled like nobody’s business. It had a strange smell, a throat-tightening, chemical smell, which smelled like rotten eggs, and also like hot copper [sulfur], a very strong smell.

The Sulphur Enigma seems connected with high energy phenomena. The similarity of ball lightning and UFOs has been noted by researchers. Also plasmoid energy and electrical discharge have sulphuric qualities in common with the full range of paranormal manifestation. Transmutation of oxygen into sulphur, by high energy discharge, can't be discounted.

Thanks for this piece of lucid research destiny-fate.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thank you Skyfloating - I am still pondering the Eloptic light

Seagrass you asked earlier if the Australian Aboriginals had a 2012 prophecy - they do - but as far as I know they never gave a date . I found this prophecy about a year ago

Prophecies handed down from generation to generation of the Australian aboriginal Elders speak of the coming of the end times of one dimension as we enter another. One of the prophecies from the Australian Aboriginals has to do with 'black rain' falling at the end time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guboo Ted Thomas, Australian Aboriginal Tribal Elder
I was in dreamtime. I seen this great wave going. I tell people about this wave. It wasn't a tidal wave. This was a spiritual wave. So, to me, I believe that the Dreamtime is going to be that.

I believe the revival is going to start in Australia when we're Dreaming. It's the hummingbee that I'm talking about. And love. We've got to learn to love one another.

You see, that's really what's going to happen to the earth. We're going to have tidal waves. We're going to have earthquakes.

That's coming because we don't consider this land as our Mother. We've taken away the balance, and we're not putting it back.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

yes croc dude uses that tool in the movie and the movie was shot in kakadu national park in the top end region. the movie team had problems with the traditional owners of that place because of using that "sacred" object.....

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Correct LDF, but I am not certain about the date. Apparently there are deposits of tekkites around the globe which originated from an impact on the Moon. This would have produced a green ring around the Earth for a very long time.

Such a scenario could have been a trigger for the ice ages which played a key role in the evolution of the mammalian species. There also was a fresh water sea where presently the Arctic Ocean resides. Overproduction of oxygen by indigenous plant species in the lake also helped to cool the Earth's atmosphere, leading to an ice sheet forming over the Arctic, which in turn reflected more light, thus lowering the temperature even more. Add to that a seasonal ring to throw a little shadow, and viola! Instant ice age.

I usually refer to the Arctic Ocean as the original "Garden of Eden" for the role it played in the genesis of life. Herein is another highly speculative framework whereby the ring (read snake) obscures the origin of life (read cast out of? the Garden).

Truth be told, there are many more factors to consider. For example, as the Earth revolves about the Sun, so the solar system revolves about A Star. A gravitational pull from the core would twist the orbit of the solar system over the course of a single galactic revolution, causing the Sun to shine obliquely upon the Earth. In this case, two convection bands would exist instead of the six we have now. The Earth would be continually overcast and much wetter.

So there could have been a time when oxygen levels were higher, allowing for larger animals to exist, but still warm and wet. Then the clouds begin to part after a a very, very long time, to reveal a green ring. The imprinting would have been overwhelming.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

or...the ones covering up and denigrating the serpents are the bad guys.

We have found serpents being worshiped and then denigrated....
We see reptilian beings described as enslavers, controlling humans for their own means. We see reptilians bringing knowledge of the "heavens". We see them having to do with creation, as well as coming here to live.
It sounds like it wasn't until "Jesus" (and yes, slavery) that we loose this "information" in the western world. Indigenous cultures kept the knowledge. The aborigines don't seem to have anger or resentment or consider the snake-like to be bad. The early Dogons and Sumerians and South American civilizations didn't seem to either. Although we see sacrifice to them and veneration.
Maybe, the people who don't worship the snake, know something these people didn't? Were the reptilians and what they stood for bad for us? Treaties are usually signed to make a compromise.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Well, yes, seagrass. The idea of a good and a bad is a Human invention. One could view natural selection as evil, but without it the eugenics would not be present to ensure the survival of the species.

Then there is that can of worms, eugenics, where the debate rages whether 'tis better to leave it in the hands of Nature or control it by Human intervention.

In order to reach deep enough for the truth we must put aside our own prejudices, and as a veil slips from our eyes the world will appear as a new entity.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
reply to post by seagrass

Well, yes, seagrass. The idea of a good and a bad is a Human invention. One could view natural selection as evil, but without it the eugenics would not be present to ensure the survival of the species.

Then there is that can of worms, eugenics, where the debate rages whether 'tis better to leave it in the hands of Nature or control it by Human intervention.

In order to reach deep enough for the truth we must put aside our own prejudices, and as a veil slips from our eyes the world will appear as a new entity.

Purging and cleansing the earth is not unlike Nazi eugenics. Starting over with a select few. In my mind it is bad. But if there were a "parasite" on the earth, yes I see it as good. If we were bred with a new start in mind it seems pointless to discuss the morals involved with it, since it would seem we have no choice over the selection process, even if it is for our own good. In that case we are lab rats. How do justify that can of worms? If the "scientists" have a plan, and are "good", then I suppose the human is of combination of good and bad in it's entirety. How can you live with the idea of that? Can you consider the scientist as good simply because it let us be what we are? Then you add a "soul" to the mix, and illusions and non-reality, and it becomes a huge temporary mess. I find it all very unnerving. Did they create the mountains and trees and beauty here? Then yes they are exceptionally good.
I have a hard time seeing "man" as part of that great achievement. Then you have bugs that grow spores in their brains and die. (WTF) I don't know what is good and bad then, but I really don't like being at the mercy of creatures who will not show themselves.
Ok that was my rant. Had to get it out.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ley lines China

In most Art Symbolism... of "ley lines" and "dragon currents",
there usually is portrayed... a Phoenix or Eagle... flying over or
fighting a dragon, showing that the dragon currents... must
be polarized.

Unlike other cultures, there can be two feng alive... and they can
live... as a couple. This couple... represents marital happiness
and everlasting love.

The "Feng" lives in the kingdom... of the wise... to the east
of China. It's body... is a composite... of the five basic colors
(green, red, yellow, white, black). It had a large bill, the neck
of a snake, the back of a tortoise... and the tail of a fish, and
three legs. (Or in other versions, it has the crane's forehead,
the fowl's bill, the neck of a snake, the shell of a tortoise,
and the tiger's stripes.)

In it's bill... it carried either... the two scrolls... or a box... that
contains the sacred books. The "Feng" is also sometimes
pictured with a fireball. It's body is a composite... of the
aspects... of celestial bodies, the head symbolizes... the sky,
the eyes: the sun, the back: the moon, the wings: the wind,
the feet: the earth , and the tail: the planets.

The "feng" only comes around... in peaceful
times , when there is trouble , the "feng" hides
itself. Therefore, it is both... a sign of peace
and a symbol of disharmony. The "feng" is
said... to have originated... in the Sun... and
is beautiful and mysterious.

songlines

The Aboriginal People of Australia
For the aboriginal people... of Australia, the earth... was not thought of... as a body... so much as a melody... a song... representing a map of directions. But as Bruce Chatwin, wrote in his book, "The Songlines", it is interesting... to remember... that the name for our universe means, literally, "one-verse", perhaps ours... is but one section... of a larger song... spanning many "universes," which together... form a complete song. Aboriginal creation myths... tell that the Ancestors... climbed up out of the land... and began to walk around the country. Every time... they spotted a rock, an animal, a stream or a plant, they would call out its name... in the form of a song. In essence, they were singing... these items... into existence... by naming them.
Whatever they saw... and did... was recorded in song, and these songs... were 'stored' in the countryside... over which... they traveled. "Wherever their tracks led," Chatwin writes, "they left a trail... of music." The Ancestors' songs... lay themselves down... into the ground.. in couplets, with one half... on one side... of the track, and the other half... on the other side. With these couplets... the Ancestor... stored his "life-cells" or "spirit-children," and it was said... that when a pregnant woman... walked over... one of these couplets, it traveled... up into her body... and impregnated... the fetus... with song.
Every aspect... of the Australian land... was charged... with these ancient songs, and the paths... upon which... the Ancients trod... were special track ways. The aborigines... referred to these roads... as "Footprints of the Ancestors" or "Way of the law," but the Europeans... called them "Dreaming tracks" or "Song lines."
The aboriginal conception... of land... is of a free and open place, something which cannot be hemmed in... with fences and titles of ownership. Rather, the country... is an interlocking network... of "ways through." All their words for "country" are the same... as their words for "line."
Traveling of the song lines... was called "Walkabout." The Walkabout... was a very spiritual experience, though the paths... had both psychic and physical purposes... for the aborigines. To them, settling in one place... meant death, and travel was necessary... for survival. The song line was, in a sense, a path... back to the Ancestors... themselves. Chatwin argues that, since the aborigines... probably migrated... to Australia... from other lands... back when all the continents... were joined, that the idea... of the Song lines... probably extends, into other countries. "I felt the Song lines... were not necessarily an Australian phenomenon, but universal: that they were the means... by which... man.. marked out his territory, and so organized.. his social life."
Such tracks... must exist... the world over, he thought... not just in the outback. The aboriginal elders… of the North Coast Bundjalung tribe… give us the history… of the coming seven tribes… in ancient days… who came... from a destroyed homeland… in the heavens. These people… built a system of pyramids, containing giant crystals…. That encircled the world… to create a nourishing and protective energy field. Bundjalung elders… even refer to a large pyramid… hidden in the rainforest… of northern New South Wales.
source

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

"Leylines" refer to earth's network of electromagnetic flows. Some call these "dragon-lines" (from an esoteric perspective, myths of "dragon-slaying" are a misunderstanding of helping to focus and activate a particular dragon-line). Others speak of power-spots, pulses, and so forth. Water-dowsers are able to locate these "dragon-lines," which does not however mean that leylines exist wherever there is water. Another way of looking at these forces is as "songlines," which is what Australia's Aboriginal culture calls them. As author Johanna Lambert writes in Wise Women of the Dreamtime: Aboriginal Tales of the Ancestral Powers (Inner Traditions, 1993:47): ...Aboriginal culture explains [this] through its concept of "songlines," magnetic and vital force flows that emanate from the earth, crisscrossing the continent. Aborigines believe that they can project their psyche or inner consciousness along these songlines as a means of communicating songs, stories, and knowledge over great distances. It is said that songlines were once a sacred tradition that stretched across the entire earth, and, in this way, cultural knowledge was shared worldwide....
ley lines and ufos

[edit on 19-8-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

What if you knew of a place where immense power could be constellated? -- where ancient powers of justice, politics, and spiritual fire co-exist? -- where vast tragedies have pierced the earth herself, awakening coffers of intense emotion -- compassion, available for wise beings who could activate such power, or hatred, available for those insane enough to attempt to control it? What would you do? What if you had a college of 64 trained dowsers who could find exactly where the potent power-spot was? What if you could have a lake drained to shift the lay of the land so you could build a high platform from which to address your nation -- a platform built at the precise nexus of ancient lines of force -- a power that could be used for good or ill? How would you use such power? Nuremberg Rally 1938 One madman's obsession with occult forces gave him both the knowledge, the trained dowsers, and the money to leash those ancient powers. That was Adolf Hitler. He turned the lovely, sleepy medieval city of Nuremberg into the site of his huge hate-mongering rallies. We know the place had special "power" because of the wildly successful results obtained by this otherwise unexceptional man. We speak of being in the right place at the right time. In Hitler's case, the "right time" was an accident of birth combined with ambition in an uneasy nation riddled with turmoil and ripe for ruthless leadership. But the "right place" was no accident. As author/researcher Katherine Neville writes:

more here

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Wow brilliant post Seagrass and do you know what I find really ironic - I bookmarked several sites dealing with ley lines myself today
your first post was one of them we must be in sync lol but I never found any of the material on "Song lines " or " Dreaming tracks " That whole concept is just so beautiful - the whole post was brilliant. Thank you for sharing
I used to work with an Aboriginal woman that would just suddenly up and off - go walkabout and then show up at work again a few days later and now I understand " Why " I understand her longing for that connection - it would be a wonderful and powerful experience ( Spiritual )

For the aboriginal people... of Australia, the earth... was not thought of... as a body... so much as a melody... a song... representing a map of directions. But as Bruce Chatwin, wrote in his book, "The Songlines", it is interesting... to remember... that the name for our universe means, literally, "one-verse", perhaps ours... is but one section... of a larger song... spanning many "universes," which together... form a complete song.

I see this as layers - patterns - designs - textures - the micro and macro theory - all beautiful facets of the original blueprint.

Traveling of the song lines... was called "Walkabout." The Walkabout... was a very spiritual experience, though the paths... had both psychic and physical purposes... for the aborigines. To them, settling in one place... meant death, and travel was necessary... for survival.

Australia's terrain and environment is so inhospitable in many respects the aborigines had no choice but to travel - droughts and flooding etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Destiny-Fate, I think we most certainly are in sync. Even in dreams.
I started thinking after I read DimensionalDectectives description of the UFO ranch at Mt Adams (who my friend Karlhungis and I were interested). It said the activity is so high there because of ley lines. Then I thought of your and KTK's posts on the Aborigines songlines, and then the Dogons grids. I was very surprised after mentioning Nazi eugenics to have found the Nuremburg ley lines.

Even in Canada I found mention of Eskimos using dowsing. That many sacred places lie on the lines. It is suspected that many pagan areas now have churches on them. KTK asked who watches over the ocean. So I wonder if it isn't the/some UFO's and perhaps their friends the dolphins and whales.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
the pale fox and grids.source

he Dogon believe all animals know the future, but the pale fox knows best. So the peanuts scattered over the grid drawn in the sand are to attract the fox. If the fox or another animal passes by in the night, it will leave footprints in the grid, which the shaman can then read to predict the future. Wherever the fox stopped in the grid indicates events to come. When the fox simply walks over the grid the Dogon say: "The planet begins to turn under the action of the fox's paws". And when the only visible marks on the grid are those made by the tail, the image is likened to the movement of the Earth turning on its axis and it's said: "The fox turned with his tail; the Earth turned on its own axis."
yet no mention of dolphins from Sirius. Instead the dog or fox.

However, Amma did not only create life on this earth, but the Dogon believe intelligent life exists all over the universe. They say: "Amma gave the world its shape and movement and created living creatures. There are creatures living on other earths as well as our own. We live on the fourth earth, the third earth has men with horns, the fifth earth has men with tails and the sixth earth has men with wings."
'Men with wings'
Ancient sculptures of "men with wings" and strange iron figures have been noted as icons of Dogon culture. The iron figures - upright lizard-like creatures with no limb joints - are claimed to be the Dogon ancestors from Sirius. According to the Dogon people, this the reason why they have such detailed knowledge of the heavens.

The third earth has men with horns?
from the five mysterious skulls thread on ATS

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Very interesting read on a Kogi Tribe. They believe gold is like the earth's blood. crystal links These pendants look like "men with wings" to me....

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Dogon

that every man and woman has a Star brother or sister who follows them at all times, and that if you know the positions of your star, for a given time, all your sicknesses can be cured. Trees are very important to help them discover your star (brother/sister), who will then protect you against future harm and sickness.

every 50 years that corresponds to the movement of "Po" around Sirius. At this ceremony, they dance the Sigi-dance, a spinning dance. According to my personal knowledge, there are rock paintings depicting archaeological evidence of Sirius B, which have not been dated. It would be interesting to see what a carbon dating would reveal, for I have heard that many now believe that a missionary brought in this 'star knowledge' in the 19th century.

The Dogon are a Mali Tribe. The Tuareg tribe is nomadic and they are known as the "blue people" because they wear indigo robes

The blue veil has hygienic, moral and magic meanings.
More blue for you Skyfloating source
they also only paint their huts white or light blue

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

To the south of Cairns is the highest freestanding natural pyramid in the world. You could be forgiven for thinking it is a tree covered man-made pyramid - the shape is almost perfect. But no, this is a natural phenomenon that is one of the most distinctive landmarks for the small sugar-farming town of Gordonvale.
where would a pyramid in New South Wales be?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass...I really don't like being at the mercy of creatures who will not show themselves.

Well said, well said. From despots to gods, from bacterium to UFOs, we are ready for disclosure.

In the Christian Holy Book there is a rather matter-of-fact(oid) that God dwelt in the habitable parts of the Earth with Man.

I have always been at a loss to understand the meaning of this. Speculation leads to the ice ages and a "parent" race involved with Man's development, but then again it is just speculation mixed in with popular science.

However, in this scenario the intelligence would most likely want to survive the ravages of time. Today we have time capsules and the universal language of mathematics. It is highly likely an intelligent entity or race would leave its calling card, which we recently realize in the Great Pyramid, a monument built to withstand the passage of time with all attendant ratios and proportions fundamental to a universal language of math.

I can see the language, but I do not fully understand it. If I did, I would have the message. Perhaps in the future, the one who will bring the message to Man could be perceived as a sort of messiah, bringing back the word of God to Man. But for now, we have this. Look at Jeremy Potter's work. His hypothesis is interesting, the primary function of the GP as a number generator.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I found the Steven Myers one very fascinating. The Pyramid as a water pump. I knew intuitively that the pyramids had to have a useful value other than for a kings burial. It makes sense to me..( I would assume without reading his book that the Egyptians forgot how to use it, so they "used" it for their own reasons.) Interesting idea anyway.
I can't read Potter's work with out downloading, so I am downloading a pdf reader, so if you could give me some details in the meantime?)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join