It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important 9/11 Financial Anomaly Revealed!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Just as a humorous thought, I wonder if it wasn't just those crafty Saudis who were closing their bank accounts. I wonder if in consideration of the "terrible loss of life" and the terrible lawsuits that might follow, Larry Silverstein took one look at his fat bank account and decided to "pull it."

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone contributing on the thread!

This quote from Bergman gives one possible scenario:
"Much of the July-August surge (over $5 billion above-average) seems to have been in the $100 denomination. Among other explanations, persons aware of any imminent terrorist attacks and concerned about possible asset seizures such as those that arose after the 1979 Iranian hostage crisis and the 1998 embassy bombings could have been trying to liquidate their bank accounts in July and August 2001."

5 Billion dollars in predominately in $100 dollar bills circulating outside of banks.

-You could protect assets by cashing out.
-You could buy cooperation
-You could buy weapons
-You could trade money for services.

However Bergman was fired for asking a question he had been hired to ask???????

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
9/11 was a big operation and a big gamble. I wonder how many Americans involved hedged their bets and cashed out their "running money".

Someone at the Fed doesn't want those names known.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Actually. all parties convicted in the Enron scam (for one) have filed judgment adjudications and/or appeals. It is likely they will be granted due to the fact that re-opening the cases all defendants are entitled to base their appeal on original court documents. Its a crappy little loophole- but it assures the worms can wriggle out to their new found freedom.

Within two months of the 9/11 disaster, attorney's for defendants is many of the nations largest white collar crimes filed appeals based on the above.

My attorney told me this before it happened. He now lives in New Zealand. If it weren't for my family I would be gone too! This country is over.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
CDs are extremely costly to liquidate before term date. People liquidate CDs for two primary reasons:

1. They desperately need immediate cash regardless of the cost.

2. They stand to make far more money by liquidating, i.e. insider trading.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The statistics on m1 components are at www.federalreserve.gov... Am I missing something? I don't see a huge spike?

The US government spends money, and issues debt. Some debt gets bought by people, and other debt get transformed in to dollars. The dollars are circulated through the economy until they are taken out the economy through income tax, or bought by China. The fed gets to decide how much of the debt gets to disappear, replaced by dollars, and how much stays as outstanding bonds. However, that is old-fashioned, today, China's central bank buys to debt.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
The statistics on m1 components are at www.federalreserve.gov... Am I missing something? I don't see a huge spike?

It will not be seen at the Federal Reserve online paperless accounting page. It will be seen at banks with which 99.9% of people do business. The only ones doing business with the Federal Reserve are executives and other entitled bank personnel (executive financial comptroller), of other banks and certain US bureaucracy personnel - the US Treasury Department personnel.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionStars

Wrong again. In the case of the Federal Reserve, the stock is held by the member banks...PERIOD. No private individual can hold Federal Reserve stock. I dont care what the illuminati/nwo/bilderburg groupies claim.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crontab

You can really see the spike in the graph of the M1 money stock on this page:

research.stlouisfed.org...

For careful readers of columns of figures it can also be seen on other pages.

(Attempting for the first time to upload graphic. What an ulcer-inducing process!)

For the jargon wary non-economists, here is a definition of "money stock".

www.auburn.edu...

The narrowest definition of the money stock in common use by the advanced industrial countries today ("M1") includes only

the paper currency and coinage in circulation among the public plus the total balances instantly available to depositors in

privately held checking accounts ("demand deposits" or "sight deposits") in the country's commercial banks and similar

depository institutions (like savings and loans, credit unions, etc.). (A very large proportion of checking account money, of

course, is simply created by the banks themselves as they extend loans to borrowers by simply crediting their borrowers'

checking account balances with the amounts loaned). Travelers' checks are also included in M1 in some countries, including

the US.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There are large numbers of people worldwide who still don't think that 9/11 was an inside job. However, I think for a certain kind of person, and this hypothetical person is not a stupid person, one look at the M1 component figures for the year 2001 settles the issue decisively. They are subtle statistics with pile driving ramifications.

The details of the bank accounts involved are not being withheld by the Fed to protect the bin Ladens or other Arabs from public opprobrium. Everyone knows the Arabs must have been cashing out prior to 9/11. It is the American names on this list that are the dangerous ones.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Wrong again. In the case of the Federal Reserve, the stock is held by the member banks...PERIOD. No private individual can hold Federal Reserve stock. I dont care what the illuminati/nwo/bilderburg groupies claim.

Please take a college course in finance, and stop feeding disinformation.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I had a dream that the 5 billion in paper money may have had something to do with the gold and precious metals stored at the WTC complex.

More speculation ofcourse but the 5 billion could possibly be a payoff for hard assets taken from the WTC vaults. There are other reports of WTC employees hearing and seeing evidence of the gold being removed. A ten wheel truck and cars were found carrying gold from the morning of 9/11 but was abandoned during the attacks!

From Cooperative Research:

Large amounts of gold are stored in vaults in the massive basement below the WTC, and some of this is being transported through the basement this morning. Several weeks later, recovery workers will discover hundreds of ingots in a service tunnel below WTC 5, along with a ten-wheel lorry and some cars (which were, presumably, transporting the gold) (see (Mid-October-mid November 2001)). The lorry and cars had been crushed by falling steel, but no bodies will be reported found with them, so presumably they were abandoned before the first WTC collapse, at 9:59 a.m. [New York Daily News, 10/31/2001; London Times, 11/1/2001]

Link to Cooperative Research.

Workers at Ground Zero discover large amounts of gold and other precious metals stored below the ruins of the WTC. As debris is removed they are able to access parts of the 16-acre WTC basement, which drops 70 feet below ground level. Precious metals are stored in numerous vaults within this area. The London Times says the quantity of these “has been a carefully guarded secret,” but estimates $750 million of gold and silver in vaults belonging to the Comex metals trading division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. There appears to have been an attempt, since 9/11, to break into a Comex vault containing $200 million of precious metals belonging to the Bank of Nova Scotia. A government official involved in the recovery work says, “It looked like they used a blowtorch, a crowbar,” but a bank spokeswoman denies there has been any attempted break-in. The banks later states that “All of the silver, gold, platinum, and palladium stored in its vaults at 4 World Trade Center” has been relocated to a depository in Brooklyn. Other gold is discovered in a service tunnel below WTC 5. According to the London Times, this was being transported through the tunnel on the morning of 9/11 (see (Before 9:59 a.m.) September 11, 2001). [New York Daily News, 10/31/2001; London Times, 11/1/2001; New York Times, 11/1/2001; Reuters, 11/17/2001]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
US currency is backed by nothing physical. It is all based on faith in paper. We have not been on the gold or silver standard for many years.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I have taken several courses on banking/finance in addition to the other classes I took on the way to my business degree, graduated cum laude...how about you?

In addition, my cousin is an executive with Wells Fargo, deals with the Federal Reserve on a weekly basis.

I would strongly suggest that YOU take some classes in finance and government law and actually rely on something other than conspiracy websites. No private person owns Federal Reserve stock, only member banks....that the law.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

I have taken several courses on banking/finance in addition to the other classes I took on the way to my business degree, graduated cum laude...how about you?

My profession - accounting. You certainly have not shown me you know anything correct concerning finance.

My favorite job in accounting - auditing. Auditing became known as forensic accounting. Concentration on details is my profession's business doing business with others.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionStars
US currency is backed by nothing physical. It is all based on faith in paper. We have not been on the gold or silver standard for many years.

I am aware we are no longer on the gold standard. That was Nixon right?

Anyway the gist of my speculation is that in order to keep the rightful owners of said gold quiet. They were paid off in paper. I know it is stretch but my suspicion is that there could have been a crime beyond the destruction of the towers.

This is just one scenario of many posssibilites for 5 billion in $100 dollar bills.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My suggestion is to get back on topic, we're not debating one's education or knowelge.

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Anyway the gist of my speculation is that in order to keep the rightful owners of said gold quiet. They were paid off in paper. I know it is stretch but my suspicion is that there could have been a crime beyond the destruction of the towers.

This is just one scenario of many posssibilites for 5 billion in $100 dollar bills.

Your speculation may indeed be very correct. Traded commodities market includes precious metals and gems, along with agricultural products ect. The best place to trade commodities, when criminal acts take place, including money laundering, is off shore in other board market trading. The commodities stored in the WTC were privately owned commodities.

Formally, the gold standard ended in 1971. Informally, it ended long before that. US citizens were told there were gold reserves to back up the dollar, when no gold reserves had existed for years before that. The reserves were sold off to the public just like paper T-bills and bonds, normally at discounts.

There is more involved, with the commodities market drastically spiking as part of other highly unusual bull market spiking and highly unusual high dollar volume money withdrawals:

www.coinworld.com...

The price of gold on the commodities markets spiked sharply upon news of the deadly attacks being blamed on religious extremists before settling back at new, but higher levels than in recent weeks. Analysts indicated that with the New York Stock Exchange shut down, investors were looking to gold not only as "the only game in town" but as a source of security in times of financial and political crisis.

Beneath the wreckage of the World Trade Center lie 12 tons of gold in an underground warehouse, reports Reuters.

The gold, in the form of about 3,800 100-ounce bars, was housed in an underground warehouse near the World Trade Center and held for delivery against futures contracts traded at the Comex metals trading division of the New York Mercantile Exchange, according to Reuters.

According to the news account, the gold is stored in the vaults of ScotiaMocatta, the metals and bullion trading division of the Bank of Nova Scotia.

The bars reportedly are worth about $106 million. Reuters reported that 379,036 troy ounces were stored in the vaults.

Reuters quoted an official for ScotiaMocatta that the amount of gold is "trivial" compared to the overall market. Much of the movements of the physical metal occur at the Federal Reserve and Bank of England, according to Reuters.

Contributing to this report were Coin World staff members Summer Douglass, Paul Gilkes, Michele Orzano and William T. Gibbs and freelance contributor Al Doyle.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by OrionStars]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This could be explained... Powerful and rich people may have had inside knowledge of a pending terrorist attack that the normal citizen wouldn't. It make sense for governments not to scream out that impending doom is coming.

IMO this is not evidence of anything other than unusual money transfers. If you look back in the past you will see this has happened many a time during terrorists threats just not as much.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by t0minit8181
This could be explained... Powerful and rich people may have had inside knowledge of a pending terrorist attack that the normal citizen wouldn't. It make sense for governments not to scream out that impending doom is coming.

IMO this is not evidence of anything other than unusual money transfers. If you look back in the past you will see this has happened many a time during terrorists threats just not as much.

Could you please source those times that happened in the US? I would be highly interested in reading about those times equal to what transpired in the financial world in the very few weeks leading up to 9/11/2001.

Perhaps we wanted to financially protect ourselves as well. Why weren't we allowed to be informed, so we could choose tp make a massive run on the banks, and sell off our stocks and other investments just as a select few others got to do? How come they got they got all the oil wells, and we again got all the shafts?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join