It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Creatures In Space!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

That is something that I was about to ask: before we can say that something is or is not a living organism we need a definition, only "armed" with a good definition can we think of reaching a solution.

And, as far as I know, nobody has a good definition of "life", some people argue that even computer viruses can be considered life forms.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Keep in mind, Zorgon does not refute Johns claims. I rarely do, either. This is not the old "silence is consent", but more a case of what i described above: He works on similarities, not differences. This allows for greater synergy.

LOL Thanks for the support Mr Furry...

Zorgon tries to document John's claims... I thought that was obvious by now

Zorgon does not necessaryly belief eveyrthing John believes...

Zorgon has some wacky ideas of his own that never even crossed John's mind... like "CRITTERS"

As to the 'silence" it has been wonderful... perhaps I will give Chorlton another chance and remove the 'cloaking device" I tossed over him..

But not today I have work to do

[edit on 11-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
And, as far as I know, nobody has a good definition of "life", some people argue that even computer viruses can be considered life forms.

Okay so what is your point? Beside humans always use the phrase "life as we know it..."

What does that mean? Simply that we only now whats on this rock, and even here we are still finding surprises. We have no basis to say what form lifew might take out there...

I do however REALLY want to know where this "Critter" is from...

Oh yeah? Prove to me its a fake...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Oh yeah? Prove to me its a fake...

hey
were did you get a picture of my ex-wife

i must admit though
the blonde is not so bad

sorry
a drunken joke

but i would remember them teeth anywhere
look like tombstones
and the toe nails looked similar

chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
To me, they're artificially built scout organisms, that are sent through our atmosphere to analyse us, like probes, only organic, and these organism like things, probably come from these huge craft seen in the tether vids.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Zorgon tries to document John's claims... I thought that was obvious by now

You document, encourage and support most, if not all of Lears stories

Zorgon does not necessaryly belief eveyrthing John believes...

Zorgon like to bask in reflected glory then.
So tell us mere mortals, which of Lears outrageous and ridiculous claims you dont believe.

Zorgon has some wacky ideas of his own that never even crossed John's mind... like "CRITTERS"

Hey he doesnt have the monopoly on ridiculous ideas.

As to the 'silence" it has been wonderful... perhaps I will give Chorlton another chance and remove the 'cloaking device" I tossed over him..

No silence dear thing, were just letting you dig your hole a bit deeper.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenfeet

hey
were did you get a picture of my ex-wife. I must admit though the blonde is not so bad

Oh, man! And she's standing with me!!
Darn! I must lock up my photo albums. Can't have guys snooping around and publishing my pics with pretty women on the net without royalty! I'm suing zorgon for a hundred thousands bucks!!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

That is something that I was about to ask: before we can say that something is or is not a living organism we need a definition,

Find me a good definition of an Amoeba
then we can go from there...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

That is something that I was about to ask: before we can say that something is or is not a living organism we need a definition,

Find me a good definition of an Amoeba
then we can go from there...

At NASA's Astrobiology Institute in California, which studies extreme life here and the possibility of it elsewhere, it's far easier to say what life isn't, said institute director Carl Pilcher.

"Right now we may not have the base of knowledge necessary to answer the question, but there are ways we are proceeding," he said.

Last month, the National Academy of Sciences issued a "weird life" report cautioning NASA not to be so focused on water. It told the space agency that "as the search for life in the solar system expands, it is important to know what exactly to search for."

That same report urged NASA to avoid being "fixated on carbon" when it looks for life even though carbon is often called the backbone of life on Earth.

But if carbon isn't a requirement for life, how about silicon? In other words, what about machines?
www.usatoday.com...

The bottom line is that we don't know, fixated as we are to not think 'out-of-the-box'. All theories are based on what should be, based on current scientific 'principles', and not what can be.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

That same report urged NASA to avoid being "fixated on carbon" when it looks for life even though carbon is often called the backbone of life on Earth.
But if carbon isn't a requirement for life, how about silicon?

One thing that always got me about sci fi 'life based on silicon' is that they have to be rock creatures... yet we have silicone rubber which is soft and pliable and probably 'enhanced' your girlfriend
And we have carbon, which when in crystal form is diamond, hardest 'rock' known to man...

So what's up with all the silicon rock creatures?

And we need to chip in and get Mike some tooth paste... those teeth are NASTY all 200 of them

[edit on 15-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

And we need to chip in and get Mike some tooth paste... those teeth are NASTY all 200 of them

Heck! I'm already brushing thrice a day since the past six months!! You should've seen them before I bought the tooth brush kit from that rummage sale!
..... Ok, Ok, I get the point. I'm headin' for that beauty parlor right now! Gotta clean up my hide too! And them hair on my nostrils!
Yaaargggghhhhh...

Cheers!

[edit on 15-10-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
And there's more.....

Alien Life Created From Space Dust?

Now, an international team has discovered that under the right conditions, particles of inorganic dust can become organised into helical structures. These structures can then interact with each other in ways that are usually associated with organic compounds and life itself.

V.N. Tsytovich of the General Physics Institute, Russian Academy of Science, in Moscow, working with colleagues there and at the Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching, Germany and the University of Sydney, Australia, has studied the behaviour of complex mixtures of inorganic materials in a plasma. Plasma is essentially the fourth state of matter beyond solid, liquid and gas, in which electrons are torn from atoms leaving behind a miasma of charged particles.

Until now, physicists assumed that there could be little organisation in such a cloud of particles. However, Tsytovich and his colleagues demonstrated, using a computer model of molecular dynamics, that particles in a plasma can undergo self-organization as electronic charges become separated and the plasma becomes polarized. This effect results in microscopic strands of solid particles that twist into corkscrew shapes, or helical structures. These helical strands are themselves electronically charged and are attracted to each other.
ufo.whipnet.org...

So are we getting nearer the truth - of the possibility of strange creatures in space?

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Whoa! thanks Mike, I searched at the source, the IoP site for "V.N." "Tsytovich" and found a stack of related papers. I tried to post a link to the search but it didn't work. So here's the homepage. IoP

I'll be busy for weeks now, great find. It's been estimated the universe is 99.999% plasma, hehe a self organizing universe? Makes gravity seem a little insignificant IMO.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by squiz]

This should work. www.iop.org...

[edit on 16-10-2007 by squiz]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Whoa! thanks Mike, I searched at the source, the IoP site for "V.N." "Tsytovich" and found a stack of related papers. I tried to post a link to the search but it didn't work. So here's the homepage. IoP

Thanks for digging that up squiz!

It's been estimated the universe is 99.999% plasma, hehe a self organizing universe?

A living universe? Wow!! That concept is mindblowing!!

Makes gravity seem a little insignificant IMO.

Not only gravity, but us too!! What do we know? Next to nix!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

A living universe? Wow!! That concept is mindblowing!!

That it is, it may be hard to fully accept but I am coming around to the idea.
You might enjoy this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was actually a personal crop circle theory that led me to a string of what I'd call discoveries, nothing new really, just discoveries of other peoples discoveries that fit with the theory, but it has changed my entire view of the universe.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

This effect results in microscopic strands of solid particles that twist into corkscrew shapes, or helical structures. These helical strands are themselves electronically charged and are attracted to each other. [/quote

CRITTER DNA

Nice find mike
I will run this by the boys in the plasma department

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
I'll be busy for weeks now, great find. It's been estimated the universe is 99.999% plasma, hehe a self organizing universe? Makes gravity seem a little insignificant IMO.

And whats that make us? One of those specks of organized dust... that's what

"Dust to dust... ashes to ashes..."

"Adam was created from the dust of the Earth..."

HEHEHEHE... I guess we really aren't all that important huh?

Good thing that after ascension WE become beings of light and plasma

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Or perhaps we are finally getting some proof that life is the rule, not the exception.

Earthbound creatures just happen to be a little more delicate that our spacebound universal cohabitants.

One then has to wonder about the "life" of the heavenly bodies. How do you ascribe sentiency to that which you do not understand?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Interesting. I have read forums for quite a few years and have not found anyone else who would say such a thing.

Not too many people realize the importants of plasma and electricity, and the inferiority of gravity as the driving force of the universe.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
that first photo is not in space, ive seen it on numerous ufo websites, its taken by the sea, and it looks just like an odd species of cricket, i lived on the beach in spain and there were many unusual looking insects

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join