It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Creatures In Space!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Guy

Food is provided via plasma, which is more abundant than anything else. Everywhere you look is plasma in our solar system. In the upper atmosphere (the ionosphere) is an unlimited supply.

Warmth is not needed when you are not biological. Think outside the box.

Nice signature.

reply to post by omi_kron_gravitron

The operative phrase there is "as you know and understand it". Given such an understanding i could not say i disagree with you. However, the way i understand it, it is not only possible but very probable. Life will form anywhere that it can, in any form that it can.

You should Google "Trevor James Constable"

also see this link:

www.burlingtonnews.net...

reply to post by Chorlton

Have you considered EM effects and the possible propulsion such a creature could find useful in the environment it was designed for? Consider that the disks and blobs could have some antigrav effects in play (think "coanda") just by virtue of their physiology. The worms seem to live lower in the atmosphere where they have some amount of elemental atmosphere as well as plasma. This would allow for a completely different type of locomotion need.

Even flounder are designed differently, as are many others. Consider a jelly or man'o war. Now consider the EM effects on these atmospheric creatures by nature of their physiology and diet.

You don't have to think it probable to believe it possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

I'll come back to you on this. In the meanwhile, have a look at the 'critters' here! Just like the Tether Incident objects. Throbbing and pulsating like bio entities!

www.livevideo.com...

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Have you considered EM effects and the possible propulsion such a creature could find useful in the environment it was designed for? Consider that the disks and blobs could have some antigrav effects in play (think "coanda") just by virtue of their physiology. The worms seem to live lower in the atmosphere where they have some amount of elemental atmosphere as well as plasma. This would allow for a completely different type of locomotion need.
Even flounder are designed differently, as are many others. Consider a jelly or man'o war. Now consider the EM effects on these atmospheric creatures by nature of their physiology and diet.
You don't have to think it probable to believe it possible.

But the problem here is one of logicality. I dont see those things as creatures. I dont see something on a photo and immediatley grab at straws and start thinking 'Life' or 'Intelligent' life.
I look at the obvious, space junk or even minute water droplets.
You CANNOT make speculation about something and call it an 'Intelligent life' as the major troll here has done. No one on this forum has the slightest bit of scientific knowledge or indeed any knowledge about things in space yet people are willing to make a quantum leap into seeing intelligent life in possible inanimate objects. Yes those objects show a movement or pulsing of some type.
It doesnt matter how many times you say something, it still doesnt make it any truer or real. If you are in that frame of mind (as the major troll here is) that there are people or aliens on the moon and secret space stations, then its easy for him to propose ridiculous explanations for things which other people simply dont see.
I have an open mind, a logical mind. I dont jump at the easiest explanation and then sugest that. I like everyone here, dont know what those things are, but simply because I dont know I dont put ridiculous explanations on them. I look at the obvious, the most simplest explanation and that generally proves to be right.
Im also not punting a website on every post either.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by internosI mean, i know that the tether should be like a cable 20+ km long: but the object that we see there and in the video does not look to be a cable: what is it (or, better, what part)? Thank you.

Well if you listen to the Mission Control in the video they are asking the same thing... they say 'wider than expected'

That IS the tether a 12 mile long thin wire. The round 'ball' at the tip (above the critter) is the Satellite... Using the satellite's known diameter and the length of the tether as a guide it is possible to estimate the size of the 'critter' As the shadow of the satellite can be seen on the 'critter' we know that it's just behind the tether... (clear to see if you watch the video frame by frame...)

As to why the tether is so wide and glowing... well it is still moving through the ionoshere at over 17,000 miles per hour, so it is still collecting plasma energy... only there is nowhere for it to go... so it collects around the wire and 'glows like a fluorescent tube' ( a term taken from the 358 page report after the event)

There is one 'critter' that is bright and pulsating that moves in an arc across the view. As it goes off camera on the right, the camera man zooms out and you can see that it has changed direction and is now moving down the screen.

No inanimate object in space can change direction like that... and the fact that they zoom out to follow that means they know its not dust

From the reports after the fact... something that NEVER made the evening news...

The tether was designed to carry up to 15,000 volts DC and handle tensile forces of up to 400 pounds (1780 newtons). It used super-strong strands of Kevlar as a strength-providing member, wound around the copper and insulation. However, postflight inspection of the tether end which remained aboard Columbia showed it to be charred. The board concluded that after arcing had burned through most of the Kevlar, the few remaining strands were not enough to withstand forces being exerted by satellite deployment...

Source: Marshal Marshall Space Flight Center, Press Release

Findings of the board, included in a 358-page document, identified primary causes which accounted for the tether break during deployment of the Tethered Satellite.

The tether failed as a result of arcing and burning of the tether, leading to a tensile failure after a significant portion of the tether had burned away," the report concludes. The arcing occurred because either external foreign object penetration (but not orbital debris or micrometeoroids) or a defect in the tether caused a breach in the layer of insulation surrounding the tether conductor. The insulation breach provided a path for the current to jump, or arc, from the copper wire in the tether to a nearby electrical ground...

Source: Marshal Marshall Space Flight Center, Press Release

Some of the arcing damage from the report to solar panels and wall plates ...

And an excerpt from that 358 page document that you can order from NASA tech server...

The most famous sustained arc event of all led to the breakage of the TSS-1R electrodynamic tether, and the loss of the attached satellite. Figure 8 shows the burned, frayed and broken tether end still attached to the Shuttle after the break. Incidentally, the tether continued arcing long after it and its satellite were drifting free, until finally it went into night conditions where the electron density was insufficient to sustain the arc. - Page 27

[edit on 8-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Throbbing and pulsating like bio entities!

Yes precisely Throb and Pulse. Last I checked 'Dust and Debris' don't Throb and Pulse, nor change direction, nor change shape

Going to get some sleep need to be at work in 5 hours

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Now this is a GREAT explanation!
Thank you!
(applause by me)

What i couldn't understand (till five minutes ago) is exactly that: some people asked: but if the cable is so tiny and what we see is the cable, how is possible that they estimates a mile wide critter or whattheheckitis?

Now that and many other things are clear, thanks to you

[edit on 8/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Personally, I don't see any reason why life would not have colonized the atmosphere and space itself and In the future we will have to update our ideas of what constitutes life to include these exotic forms.

I think that it is life that we're seeing but because they arent seen very often I believe that they are somehow phasing into our dimension from their dimension.
Whats weird though is they all appear to be similar to our marine life, so how would they be able to shift from there water environment and float in our air?

Idk, im very tired, its 3:40 am and im just throwing out some ideas..
Im just wondering..#1 why they resemble marine life and are floating in mid air and #2 if they are real and from this dimension, why arent they seen more often?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
I hear scientits say life can only evolve on planets where there is water and the correct temperature. I can not believe scientists of all people are so ignorant. How can they be sure of that just because that happens to the current view of conditions required for earth life?

Scientist have a good rule on earth - If there is water and light, there is life. At this point, it has a 100% success-rate. But that rule is of course based on the fact, that it only counts on Earth. I have never ever heard it used in terms with 'space'. Do you have any sources on it?

Originally posted by takeastepback
There could certainly be life in outerspace. Even in a vaccum life could evolve, just as it does at the bottom of the sea under impressive amounts of pressure.

Life evolves on the bottom of the sea, but it doesnt originate there. I can say with pretty much confidence, that there is no way life can originate anywhere in a vaccum, due to the lack of any buildingstones.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

According to the findings of the board, included in the 358-page document,

The tether was designed to carry up to 15,000 volts DC and handle tensile forces of up to 400 pounds (1780 newtons). It used super-strong strands of Kevlar as a strength-providing member, wound around the copper and insulation.

The tether failed as a result of arcing and burning of the tether, leading to a tensile failure after a significant portion of the tether had burned away," the report concludes.

So now my question is, can a super strong Kevlar tether, designed to carry up to 15,000 volts DC and handle tensile forces of up to 400 pounds (1780 newtons), snap due so called intrinsic 'tensile failure'? For heaven's sake, Kevlar can stop a bullet at point blank range! Can it just 'burn' away?

Or is there something more than meets the eye? Is NASA as usual, hiding something? Arcing? How? Plasma overload? Were the 'objects' in some way responsible? Could a 'critter' a mile in diameter (as can be seen in the vid), have enough energy to rip it away? It probably did! Get my drift?

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Throbbing and pulsating like bio entities!

Yes precisely Throb and Pulse. Last I checked 'Dust and Debris' don't Throb and Pulse, nor change direction, nor change shape

But have you considered the simple possibility of dust, debris and water droplets changing directions when subjected to plasma or Electro magnetic forces imparted by:
A/ The shuttle itself
B/ The 'satellite'
C/ The tether.

or all 3 even ?

Water has been shown to move (pulse) and stay moving once in motion several times in many many space missions.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

So now my question is, can a super strong Kevlar tether, designed to carry up to 15,000 volts DC and handle tensile forces of up to 400 pounds (1780 newtons), snap due so called intrinsic 'tensile failure'? For heaven's sake, Kevlar can stop a bullet at point blank range! Can it just 'burn' away?

Did you miss this bit Mike?

www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The electric conductor of the tether was a copper braid wound around a nylon string. It was encased in teflon-like insulation, with an outer cover of kevlar, a tough plastic also used in bullet-proof vests, all this inside a nylon sheath. The culprit turned out to be the innermost core, made of a porous material which, during its manufacture, trapped many bubbles of air, at atmospheric pressure.

Later vacuum-chamber experiments suggested that the unwinding of the reel uncovered pinholes in the insulation. That in itself would not have caused a major problem, because the ionosphere around the tether, under normal circumstance, was too rarefied to divert much of the current. However, the air trapped in the insulation changed that. As it bubbled out of the pinholes, the high voltage ("electric pressure") of the nearby tether, about 3500 volts, converted it into a plasma (in a way similar to the ignition of a fluorescent tube), a relatively dense one and therefore a much better conductor of electricity.

The instruments aboard the tether satelite showed that this plasma diverted through the pinhole about 1 ampere, a current comparable to that of a 100-watt bulb (but at 3500 volts!), to the metal of the shuttle and from there to the ionospheric return circuit. That current was enough to melt the cable.

-----------------------
Added 'ex' tags

[edit on 8/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

OK, that seemed a convincing explanation.
Having said that, your explanation that those pulsating objects seen in the Tether Incident and elsewhere are nothing but water droplets, or space debris/junk, don’t hold much water for the following reasons:

Water Droplets.

> You don’t get water droplets in space. Water boils away and what are left, minus the latent heat, are ice crystals.
> So then, are ice crystals moving in space capable of changing direction without an external force acting upon them? The objects shown in the video, do and a number of times at that. So are these ice crystals under intelligent control?

> That leaves us with water droplets inside the shuttle porthole. Care to explain why and how they keep changing direction on the window pane?
> What makes them pulsate at regular intervals?
> And why the devil didn’t they clean the darn ‘window pane’ before taking the footage? I thought they had more brains than that! Or probably they forgot the chamois leather at Cape Canaveral? Darn! I must remind NASA to ensure they have adequate cleaning material on board in future!

Space Debris/Junk.

> What is this so called space debris or space junk? Care to clarify?
> Debris or junk in space will continue to move in the direction in which force has been applied. It cannot change direction on its free will as seen in the video.
> How does space junk or debris pulsate at regular intervals unless a pulsating light source is directed at it? Can you identify this light source?
> Most videos of this particular type of object show a distinct slit from the edge towards the centre. This seems to be an intriguing type of space junk! Hundreds of similar shaped pieces of junk apparently pulsating with reflected strobe lights from the space shuttle! Was there a boisterous disco party going on aboard that tin can when the video cams were rolling?
Oh yeah! I’ve heard of astronauts getting tipsy now and then!!

So the lessons learnt are:

> Never drink and drive the space shuttle..errr..I mean drink and roll the video cams from the space shuttle.
> Suspend the partying and shut off the disco strobe lights in the shuttle before filming.
> And clean the darn window panes before that!

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Chorlton, that was hardly a dig in the ribs or "riposte", as you put it. Re-read what you posted. It contains outright name calling. Why don't you get it?

Regarding any leaps of faith....it would seem that there is something there. A mundane explanation is possible, but I haven't heard one yet that describes the objects fully.

However, given that these types of objects have been predicted speaks volumes. Further, the pictures that constable took are not "space debris" as he was taking his pics from the ground, not the space shuttle.

When you ignore specific spectrums of light and energy, you embrace ignorance. You cannot ignore inconvenient information.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike
Water Droplets.
I dont know. Thats just my idea. I dont have any answers just suggestions but the real FACT of the matter is, noone else knows either and to make the quantum leap into saying that something which could be under the influences of magnetic, electric and plasmatic forces are 'inteligent life' is completely and utterly wrong.

Space junk?
Maybe it should just be calle debris or dust. Seen those so-called 'orbs' on your digital pictures cause by dust???????

I watched the shuttle doors open on TV once and you could see bits of stuff, dust I dont know what, move out.
The simple problem is wejust dont know enough about what happens out in space when things are subjected to electric, static, magnetice or plasmatic forces, and as I said before to assume that its because of intelligence makes an ASS of U and Me

One day we will probably know but untill then. I live in the real world. Its just UFO's

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

You assume biology to make this statement. The "buildingstones" are plasma and other (unknown) energies. You don't need carbon based structures (amino's, et al) to make life...only life as we know it.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Chorlton, that was hardly a dig in the ribs or "riposte", as you put it. Re-read what you posted. It contains outright name calling. Why don't you get it?

Oh I get it alright. You re-read some of the followups against myself and some others, theres outright name calling and insults there. Once again we are in a situation where you can see one thing from one person yet miss the same thing from someone else. I do admit though that I am not as sublte so you may have missed some of the name calling and attacks upon myself and otherr

Regarding any leaps of faith....it would seem that there is something there. A mundane explanation is possible, but I haven't heard one yet that describes the objects fully.

Neither have I so I remain undecided, beut that doesnt mean that because I dont know what they are I will make wild statemnts of fact about them

However, given that these types of objects have been predicted speaks volumes.

Predicted by whom?

Further, the pictures that constable took are not "space debris" as he was taking his pics from the ground, not the space shuttle.

I shall take a further look

When you ignore specific spectrums of light and energy, you embrace ignorance. You cannot ignore inconvenient information.

Neither can you make wild assuptions about the unknown

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Now that and many other things are clear, thanks to you

Well if you want to explore that further I ordered that 358 page report. It has nothing much to do with 'critters' but is DOES cover electromagnetic shielding for spacecraft, something we have had since 1964. Those and many documents are available through Pegasus

Not presenting this here and now... but think for a minute... if a thin copper wire dragged through the Ionosphere at 17,000 mph produces that much plasma to cause a continous arc... image the effect on a metal hulled spacecraft doing the same thing....

Now imaging a moment as the shuttle approaches the ISS...

ever walked on a rug and touched a door knob?

[edit on 8-10-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well if you want to explore that further I ordered that 358 page report. It has nothing much to do with 'critters' but is DOES cover electromagnetic shielding for spacecraft, something we have had since 1964. Those and many documents are available through Pegasus

Not presenting this here and now... but think for a minute... if a thin copper wire dragged through the Ionosphere at 17,000 mph produces that much plasma to cause a continous arc... image the effect on a metal hulled spacecraft doing the same thing....

Yes i did, and i know what you mean.

Zorgon, those data will be precious.
Some (known by me) details recalls me an account made by a man.... a TRAINED one, a QUALIFIED one, but of course, i'll wait to take a look to some technical data before debating about it here.

As usual, you provided great news here

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I referenced your previous post, Chorlton. I don't dislike you, and think you are right when you say that you provide a counter argument. I just want to point out what might spark emotion, so i pointed out your overly aggressive "riposte" from above.

Keep in mind that it isn't wild statement about fact that is occuring. Perhaps wild statements about speculation, but that speculation is based on items that lead me to believe it possible, or probable (depending on what we are talking about).

Willhelm Reich did predict this type of life form. There are other references, but i will need to take some time to dig them out. I recently had to burn off about 50g of data onto DVD's to free up some space on my hard drive. Perhaps i need to buy a good 200g external for my "hobby"?

To me, this statement is most telling:

Neither can you make wild assuptions about the unknown

Replace "assumptions" with "speculations" and the sentence has quite a different meaning? Does this offend you a little less? I think that what you see are speculations, not assumptions.

If you want to sway the opinion of someone, try leading them to another answer. In business we have a saying: "It is easier to pull the string than to push the string."
Just some advice on how to deal with us unruly Yanks.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexanI recently had to burn off about 50g of data onto DVD's to free up some space on my hard drive. Perhaps i need to buy a good 200g external for my "hobby"?

COOL SPACE Yippeee Bet I can fill that real quick

CRITTERS>>>>

Wilhelm Reich, believed UFOs to be bio-energetic in nature. Feeding off "Orgone Energy"

The name "Critters" was first used in 1954 to describe them

Trevor James Constable, noted military historian and engineer wrote a book titled ' Sky Creatures: Living UFOs.' He claims that some..not all...are giant aerospace organisms -

Wilhelm Reich, believed UFOs to be bio-energetic in nature.

Constable believed them to be as, "...amoebae like life forms existing in the plasma state. They are not solid, liquid, or gas. Rather. they exist in the fourth state of matter - plasma - as living heat-substance at the upper border of physical nature. They consist of calcium and fluids, the metal and the fluids both being in the plasmatic state.

...Normally hidden from us because they are in the infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum, critters occasionally emerge into the visible portion of the spectrum... At such times they are invariably identified as UFOs - which they are, of course, although they are not constructed craft. They are living creatures. Failure to recognize this, and to distinguish creature from craft... has deeply confused UFO research.

As living organisms, critters appear to be an elemental branch of evolution probably older than most life on earth, dating from the time when the planet was more gaseous and plasmatic than solid. They are part of what occultists term 'elementals.' They live invisibly like fish in the ocean of atmosphere. Like fish, I estimate them to be of low intelligence. They will probably one day be better classified as belonging to the general field of macrobiology or even macrobacteria inhabiting the aerial ocean we call the sky."

www.burlingtonnews.net...

Dr. Norman Bergrun's Discoveries of Life on the Moon

Monday, July 23, 2001 Contact: Marilyn "Kacey" Daukas
For Immediate Release Phone/Fax: 925 691-1166

NASA IMAGES REVEAL LIFE ON THE MOON
LUNAR LIFE FORMS: REVELATIONS OF APOLLO 14

Generally assumed is that life forms, if they exist elsewhere other than Earth, will be microscopic in character. Dr. Norman Bergrun's discoveries of life on the moon, presented in "Lunar Life Forms: Revelations of Apollo 14", demonstrate that this present assumption is erroneous.

Some life forms are small, reminiscent in appearance to those found on Earth's ocean floors but without the ocean, while others appear as large "growths!" Just as some life forms are capable of creating light, such as the firefly, this has also been found to take place with some of the life forms that exist on our moon. It is evident also as on Earth, that some lunar life forms use camouflage to adapt to their surroundings providing the ability to "hide in plain sight!".

Source Link - Now Dead

Need a new link

I just LOVE this one taken by the US ARMY Corp of Engineers

Okay THAT one is an Aurora... but I couldn't resist... and the concept was even used in Star Trek the original series "The Immunity Syndrome" a giant space amoeba that live on plasma. Of course they had to kill it as it was sucking THEIR plasma

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join