It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the matter come from that formed the big bang?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If all space and matter came from a little speck,where in the hell did the speck come from?jeez has it been here forever?something had to make it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
the matter came from atoms.

mod-sorry for the one liner

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
yea but how did those get here to make the matter?uh huh....

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Thats easy. Every particle is nothing more than than overlapping energy fields. The particles are the dead space where the waves cancel eachother out.

The real question is "Where did those darned energy fields come from"?

But you will prolly find the answer to that is a Meta-Verse. Basically another Universe which is not relative to this one, but surrelative. As it would have a different time/space continuum.

This could have occured through a balckhole in another universe, with ours being the progeny of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
you obviously werent explained the theory of the big bang well, and if you were you were obviously not paying attention. the universe wasnt a "little speck," it was a gravitational singularity.

to answer your question, matter came from light. all particles are made up of subatomic particles (duh). light can decompose into a massive subatomic particle and its antiparticle counterpart under immense heat. the subatomic particles combine from several of these reactions, and you get an atom. stars also "make" matter in a way. stars are undergoing perpetual nuclear fusion. life is talthough most of a stars urning hydrogen into helium, it can also move heavier atoms "up the chain" if you will. hydrogen -> helium -> lithium -> so on and so forth.

i hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
we already have a thread on this issue

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
hes a theory i had regarding black holes

picture a fractal with 1 focus area being our universe, now picture each growth from the main factual is another universe caused by a black hole on the main universe, as the black holes suck in matter new universes are born via white holes ,this is the gateway , the black hole is a rupture with the other end being the birth of a new universe consistently sucking matter out from its parent universe this process repeats and repeats to form the 3d fractal of existence, call it existence reproduction, the parent universe are known as GOD to the offspring universes GOD = FATHER/MOTHER

now thew only things that this dosent explain is, what/who created the 1st universe

[edit on 9-8-2007 by MouldyCrumpet]

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
yea but how did light get here from just darkness and infinite black and nothingness????!?!?!?!makes you wonder huh buddy

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have no idea where it came from - doesnt mean that it didnt come from something.

The more important question is, did a man in the clouds make everything up? And add millions of galaxies for no real reason?

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I interpret the question as; where did the energy come from that caused the big bang, and where did the energy that caused the energy that caused the energy that caused the energy and infinitely so forth come from?

We have no answer. The Big Bang doesn't even scrape the question itself really, much less the answer. I don't believe in a conscious God, but there must be some indescribable "Creator" item, energy, force, whatever.

The problem I think is that humans CANNOT understand something without a beginning or an end, because of the fact that we are mortal. So basically what I'm saying is that there has to be something that sparked existence, but it is far, far, far beyond the comprehension of mortals.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
big crunch - big bang - big crunch - big bang - etc etc etc

i asume its always been like that ,

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
big crunch - big bang - big crunch - big bang - etc etc etc

i asume its always been like that ,

Yes, but where did the initial energy come from? When was the first Big Bang? What was before the first Big Bang?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
big crunch ?

i see it more like an "infinity machine " just and endless chain if bangs and crunches

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
big bang, big implosion, big bang, big implosion......thats what i think

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Nobody knows.

The possibilities are either:

1. It has existed forever.

2. There is some supernatural entity that created it.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think the latest theory is that the big bang and our universe was created by the collision of two branes that existed on a higher dimension.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
the matter came from atoms.

mod-sorry for the one liner

What do you mean it came from atoms?

Matter is atoms, atoms are matter, therefore atoms matter.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
the easy as pie answer is:
the matter and energy always existed, as they can neither be created nor destroyed. therefore the matter and energy predate the universe.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok, how about this then, all matter takes energy to get it going. What make the Big Bang Bang???

If it all started from one small peice of something that banged from who knows where then what, just what did make it bang??

A car engine needs a spark to make it start. A match needs a stroke to make it light up. Everything that is a effect has a cause. The bang was the effect, what was the cause????

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

the matter started out as energy.

e=mc^2

energy is equivalent to the product of mass and the speed of light squared.

energy = matter

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join