It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is Going Down..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have to agree that natural phenomenon seems to be more aradict. I live in a rural part of Iowa on the Mississippi River. We have a loch and dam here, and during the winter when the river freezes usually about a hundred yards or so bellow the dam remain un frozen , due to the turbulance effect of the dam. Because of this effect it provides a feeding sanctuary for the bald eagle during the winter months. Last winter it got so cold(record lows) the whole dam and spill way froze up. I realize this is not uncommon in nature, however it is rare for this to happen here in Iowa. It gets cold here, but not that cold for a extended period as we did with last winter (-30 degrees FH). This summer has been something else as well. Even as cold as it got last winter the water temperature warmed up alot faster than usual. I have a friend who works with the Iowa DNR(Department of Natural Resources) and he explained to me one day how this has effected the spawning and migration patterns of alot of different species of fish and marine life. Again there may be nothing very unusual about this, but it is one more factor to add to the equation. This summer has been really muggy, and we've had our share of rain , but I can't really say it's been a record breaker.
I can say though that this summer I have saw more deer and wildlife then any other summer I can remember. And It's not over population. It's not uncommon to see quite a few deer feeding along the road or a herd of 20-30 out in a field, but this year I have witnessed herds of 50-75 deer out in the fields grazing. This isn't uncommon in the wild when a species is competing for resources,however that is not the case in this matter.This is farmland and timber country. Their is plenty of water supplies ie river ,streams, ponds. And all the corn, soybean , and other foilage that grows around this part of the country. In this case the Animals(deer) are grouping together in larger formation, for whatever reason.. The other times this instinct of nature occurs is usually before a blizzard or other nasty weather. But as I stated above we haven't had a real bad summer/spring for storms.I also have been finding alot of dead birds around my property. Could be bird flu..I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have the DNR come and look at them. I firmly believe in science and technology , but in some cases we need to listen to what old mother earth is telling us.I am aware that the earth goes in cycles and other phenomenon like el nino and such. But I am observing from the animal kingdom perspective. This isn't a phenomenon that his happening with primarily deer. In the Northern part of Iowa more and more people are seeing black bear that are said to be migrating down from Northern Wisconsin.
I know this has nothing to do with ufo's and aliens but it is an interesting topic. These have been my personal observations. I am no scientist or researcher. I am an electrician. But to me the animals seem to be on the move.. What are they telling us?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Didn't you just have a drought in NW Oklahoma and bascially pretty dry weather since 2001?

It's always the same with weather either too much or too little, rarely just enough. And if it is just enough, you don't talk about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I'm on to you Hawk Eye.

I'm telling you, he's a fronter and probably in league with Lear. These people must be exposed before they ruin the forum.

No, I think you are giving this guy too much credit. He is most likely a bored college kid who can't be bothered keeping his stories straight. Not bothering to remember the lies they tell because the impact is so inconsequential in their real lives. I'm sure we've all had ex-girlfriends like that

As for John, I think it's unfair to lump him in the same category. John is John. I can't imagine John having a bit of a quick laugh on ATS before rushing off to play World of Warcraft with his role-playing mates. These guys aren't shills or spooks. They're clearly not smart enough. They have more holes in their stories than what it takes to fill the Albert Hall!

They get a kick out of getting to the Front Page of the ATS boards. That's all it is.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by RiotComing]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Didn't you just have a drought in NW Oklahoma and bascially pretty dry weather since 2001?

It's always the same with weather either too much or too little, rarely just enough. And if it is just enough, you don't talk about it.

Oklahoma had been experiencing a drought until this year. Here in the NE it was dry enough that there were some wildfire problems during the last several years. I do believe it may have also been a problem in the NW as well.

Of course, when it's just right people will not be so likely to notice or talk about it, however, what we are seeing right now has not been seen in the approx. 112 years in which the records have been kept, so, yeah, it's going to be noticed.

I am quite fortunate as my area is not being hit as hard as some and I only have to carry my shoes and roll up my pant legs to my knees to navigate through my yard. There are others who are using boats.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
JFTB picks up GR's mularky, pokey oats picked up JFTBs mularky and now hawk eye picks up Pokey's. Mods / Springer can we ID this guys IP and review his membership please?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is something worse than a "hoaxer". It's called a "Lynch Mob".

I don't have a dog in this fight but here are the facts -

This is the post in question -

Single post link.

Posted by Hawk Eye, on July 1, 2007 at 08:34 GMT

As it slowly headed towards me from the northwest part of the sky I noticed it was dropping something molten, like when you weld and the slag drips off, that's exactly what it looked like, just orange to the naked eye but white through binoculars.
It slowly went over my head and I noticed a small "cloud or mist" above it. It continued over my head towards the east towards Sydney.(I am 45 mins from Sydney driving). It slowly went over Sydney, then hovered over Sydney for about 1 minute and then continued on its path upward east and slowly gained altitude until it went out of our atmosphere again and I lost sight of it.
link
www.rense.com...

This sounds similar, especially with the cloud..
The ones i saw actually dripped out seperate UFOs.

Just thought everyone should read it. It is clearly a quote from Rense and the OP forgot to use ex tags. Not very odd for a newer member?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The Rense article -
Article from Rense.com
Sorry I could not edit the previous for some reason?

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
These descriptions are clearly flares. As they go out they shrink in size really fast and that is why people think they are leaving at high speed. The video's I've seen are most certainly flares. Some must be military and others could be civilians who are shooting them off over the desert or unpopulated areas. People in the military have a way of forgetting one in their pockets now and then

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There has been unknown energy surges hitting the earth since 1999, the first of these surges hit the southern hemisphere. these energy burst have been increasing in magnitude over time. they have also been reported to hit the northern hemisphere. the largest of these blast was recorded on dec. 1 2004.
when 86,800 square miles of china was shrouded in fog. bringing all transportation to a halt. The energies that are being recorded are as high as gamma rays being admitted from black holes and neutron stars.causing earthquakes and weird weather patterns all over the earth.

All you have to do is look up the key word 'Unknown energy hits the earth'
and you can read for yourself about this phenom.

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I'm genuinely interested in this topic, but here in the US the weather is within historical norms for the whole country.

Umm, no, sorry but it's not normal here in NE Oklahoma.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by ShadowEyes]

It is no doubt wet down there
I was referring to the whole country. Local weather can change dramatically between years. I think it is more noticeable now because of the near hysterical weather reporting spawned by Global Warming fears. The question is I think, how severe are the changes on a global scale. It would seem there are some significant changes. That does not mean weather locally can not remain normal as the opposite is true too. Where I was headed is that it is impossible to judge what the worlds weather is like based on a small sampling.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
EL HAARPO

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by STArG8
EL HAARPO

SI, SENIOR! EL HAARPO ES NO BUENO!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Originally posted by STArG8
EL HAARPO

SI, SENIOR! EL HAARPO ES NO BUENO!

In years to come do'ya think El Haarpro could be an actual weather phenomon to rivel El Nino? (albeit accidently created by meddling nutters)

Edit to add: I live in South West UK - Plymouth area, weather here last few days has mostly been short heavy downpours, the heavest seem to be early morning (but thats prob cos they wake me) - clouds normal for the conditions, UFO activity - nil, end of days activity - nil, bordom levels 60-75%!

Weather in other parts has been more unusual as any one who's been watching the news over the past week, parts of the country have had sustained downpours - like a months worth in a day or something - been some pretty impressive flooding (regards to all those caught up
) but its not totally out of place - most sources say something like that will come round every 10 years or so - it was just a combination of heavy rain and weather systems moving slower than they could of, meaning an area got more rain is all.

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Now_Then]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I come onto this thread and i IMMEDIATELY get a bad smell from Hawk Eye.

Please can we investigate this so that we can finally move on, and whoever said that he was the Anti Christ gave him too much credit, he's a stinking troll of a thing leaving his stench wherever he goes..

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So for everyone calling poeple idiots and such saying the weird weather is El NINO.Does El-NNINO cover the entire earth?i don't think it does but i could be wrong,to lazy to go look.But i thought it was only US and maybe some of mexico hrmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I would expect any large (or even not so large) weather system to have a knock on effect around the globe. Butterfly flapping in the Amazon and all that.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
dont forget about the floods down in victoria Australia.
OR New South Wales, Australia.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LethalDose

Originally posted by observe50
Lethal you need to change you tone or you won't be here long. Calling people names isn't nice.

And neither is misleading,deceiving and a scaring easily led/vulnerable people which (no offense) there are alot of here.

I can tell you I personally skip over posts like yours, that have ALL CAPS and silly insults.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk Eye
and the seemingly imminent change being talked about everywhere,

What is being talked about "everywhere"?

I believe things have started to happen.

What do you believe?

The skies outside my house are like nothing ever seen here.. And real odd clouds that do not seem to be following the same natural agenda as other clouds..

Care to elaborate some more? If they are like nothing you have ever seen before I imagine you'd have a more interesting description.

Some even look somewhat sinister, like there is something there somehow shielded from view but there are outlines and i have never seen anything like it...

Not sure what's being suggested here? That the clouds might actually be UFOs? Is that why this thread is in the wrong forum?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk Eye
I am sat on my PC next to the Patio windows in the South West of England... Usually it is still light at this time of night in this period of summer. The weather is so strange, and it seems like it is globally. Floods in Pakistan, UK, US and even Afghanistan where there expected monthly fall of rain at this time of year is Zero.. There are mad clouds zooming about, all colours that even have NASA stumped (cough, cough).. With Poakey Oats saying what he did, and a Japanese member also saying similar stuff, and the seemingly imminent change being talked about everywhere, i believe things have started to happen.
The skies outside my house are like nothing ever seen here.. And real odd clouds that do not seem to be following the same natural agenda as other clouds.. Some even look somewhat sinister, like there is something there somehow shielded from view but there are outlines and i have never seen anything like it.. I ask all to look up to the sky especially here in the UK and see what is happening.. I havent got all the answers or pretend to know exactly what is going on.
But whatever it is, it is going on now!!
Take care ATS'ers in the days ahead.

[edit on 2-7-2007 by Hawk Eye]

Well Hawk Eye,
I live in the south west as well, and I posted about the strange cloud formations a couple of weeks ago.
Wierd roiling clouds that I've never seen before.
I know that here where I live we get some strange formations as a matter of course, being so close to the coast - but these are (even for this area) definitely out of the ordinary.

The strangest one was a cloud that seemed to roll outwards and back on itself from a central point, with what appeared to be a hole in the centre - on a windy evening, it didn't seem to be affected.

I'm not prepared to say it's UFO activity, but it's definitely strange, and has been commented on by lots of people I know, most of whom have lived in the area all their lives.

This is one time I wish I had a digital camera.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join