It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the dinosaurs???????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hi everybody....

ok so not to long ago i was watchin a documentry on Astroids and Comets and something came to my attention. The narrator said that we (human beings) should be thankful to the astroids that wiped out the dinosaurs because it gave way to the evolution of mankind. I stopped for a moment. Dinosaurs according to science basically ruled the earth. we know that dinosaurs are dated back before the biblical account of the begining of time. So if dinosaurs existed then, then how come such an important species in history is barley mentioned in the bible. I would really like to hear your opinions on this. Thank you

Certifyquality

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Certifyquality

I think they are still here, just smaller now. Would've only been able to get babies on the ark. As a result of sin (genetic load) things steadily get smaller and smaller. Not only that but all kinds of defects pop up within a line. Not only defects but changes that would make one appear to evolve, when in reality it's devolved. Anyone who's worked with genetics in miniature animals knows all about size thing. To keep a large breed of anything large and defect free, you continually have to find a "not as related" line to mate back into it.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Dude no offense but WHAT???????????? Please maybe its me culd u dumb it down a little???

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Dude no offense but WHAT???????????? Please maybe its me culd u dumb it down a little???

Like I said, I think they are still here, just smaller now. The environment was different here before the flood. Everything including people were bigger. The only animals that survived were the ones on the ark with Noah and his sons. He would have had to have taken only that which would fit on the ark, which would have had to have been babies. These babies would then have to grow up in the even more cursed environment after the flood. Which would have resulted in them not growing near as large. Started out in a cursed environment with thousands of* years of genetic load on top of that would have you with a little bitty dinosaur.

For example take an Iguana Lizard and blow him up 500 times his size and what would you have? Or say do the same with a Komodo Dragon?

[edit on 15-3-2007 by WiseSheep]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

For example take an Iguana Lizard and blow him up 500 times his size and what would you have? Or say do the same with a Komodo Dragon?

[edit on 15-3-2007 by WiseSheep]

You would have a 500 times bigger iguana or komodo just a big lizard, not a dinosaur! Dinos WERE NOT lizards, I am not even sure they were reptiles... From what I understand, BIRDS are closer to dinosaurs! Some even argue that dinosaurs were warm blooded.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I like Bill Hicks joke on this subject. God ran around and buried a buncha dinosaurs bones to test us. He's a trickster god! They never existed! Haha!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Did archaeology even exist at the time of the writing of the bible?
Maybe people in the world didn't bother to carefully examine the areas they excavated for building and such, destroying what ever finds they could have made...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whargoul
Dinos WERE NOT lizards, I am not even sure they were reptiles... From what I understand, BIRDS are closer to dinosaurs! Some even argue that dinosaurs were warm blooded.

Was the only example my brain could manage at the time.

Here's an interesting article. Knock off about ninety some thousand years, give or take a few.

Alot of their problem would have been the way their lungs were likely designed for pre-flood oxygen/pressure levels.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Did archaeology even exist at the time of the writing of the bible?

I'm not sure, you got a print date?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are a few sentences in the Bible that do describe lmassive beasts with swiping tails etc , of course the word dinosaur wasnt invented then ,but on reading them you get a sense that these beasts are not what you find in the world today.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Can you give me an exact quote from the bible on dinosaurs please if it is possible i would like to read about that.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Can you give me an exact quote from the bible on dinosaurs please if it is possible i would like to read about that.

Mention of the Behemoth:

Job 40:15-24
Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

Mention of the Leviathan:

Job 41
Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down? Canst thou put an hook into his nose? or bore his jaw through with a thorn? Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee? Will he make a covenant with thee? wilt thou take him for a servant for ever? Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens? Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants? Canst thou fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears? Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more. Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him? None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me? Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine. I will not conceal his parts, nor his power, nor his comely proportion. Who can discover the face of his garment? or who can come to him with his double bridle? Who can open the doors of his face? his teeth are terrible round about. His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal. One is so near to another, that no air can come between them. They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered. By his neesings a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning. Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out. Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron. His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth. In his neck remaineth strength, and sorrow is turned into joy before him. The flakes of his flesh are joined together: they are firm in themselves; they cannot be moved. His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone. When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves. The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon. He esteemeth iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood. The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble. Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear. Sharp stones are under him: he spreadeth sharp pointed things upon the mire. He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment. He maketh a path to shine after him; one would think the deep to be hoary. Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

Psalm 74:12-15
For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth. Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters. Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness. Thou didst cleave the fountain and the flood: thou driedst up mighty rivers.

Psalm 104:25-28
So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts. There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein. These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season. That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good.

Isaiah 27:1
In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   

They're extinct!!!!!!! I'm not sure what the deal is with excessive punctuation,,,,,,, but I don't think you're going to find any dinosaurs on the earth anymore.......

Hi everybody....

ok so not to long ago i was watchin a documentry on Astroids and Comets and something came to my attention. The narrator said that we (human beings) should be thankful to the astroids that wiped out the dinosaurs because it gave way to the evolution of mankind. I stopped for a moment.

Then stop for another moment. Because it is a documentary on television and because a narrator said it, does it automatically make it true? There was a cult that was "thankful to the astroids" and killed themselves by drinking poison to hitch a ride. I'm surprised the writer or narrator survived the incident.

Dinosaurs according to science basically ruled the earth. we know that dinosaurs are dated back before the biblical account of the begining of time. So if dinosaurs existed then, then how come such an important species in history is barley mentioned in the bible. I would really like to hear your opinions on this.

I'd say that the dinosaurs were long dead before the Bible was recorded. As already mentioned, the Bible does seem to take a cursory look at larger animals that we don't know what they are.

Thank you

Certifyquality

Sure thing, hope it was some help.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
try try all you want you can never coinside the bible and earth science toghter here you are wondering why the dinos dont have a foot note in that book but the same book puts the earths universes agae at 10k years or less just add from adam on up the linage is stated up to crist wich is sop to be 2k years agaio .
want a real laugh see how these people try to explance how the grand canyon was formed in less then 10k years lolol
over night the river cut through thousands of feet a mile wide in places BED ROCK no not dirt or even clay but ROCK .
pore some concreat then turn on a fasute and see just how long it takes to creat a 1000 foot deep vally a mile across.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't go so far as to say they are all extinct. There's a swamp in Africa where village people claim a small family of them live, don't remember exact details. Will look into it.

If it were an absolute fact the evolution crowd would kill to cover it up if need be.

Originally posted by xcalbiersword
want a real laugh see how these people try to explance how the grand canyon was formed in less then 10k years lolol
over night the river cut through thousands of feet a mile wide in places BED ROCK no not dirt or even clay but ROCK .
pore some concreat then turn on a fasute and see just how long it takes to creat a 1000 foot deep vally a mile across.

Gather the entire ocean with a percentage of sand for abrasive and drain it instantly across a stretch of land comparable to it and see how fast it'll cut a trench. Water is incredibly powerful stuff. Not to mention compression miles under it's surface. Compression enough to make coal.

The canyon is nothing. Some will survive an event that will move every mountain and island in a day.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
behemoth is not a dinosaur, a dinosaur he's not

"He moveth his tail like a cedar"

that obviously shows that his tail moves like a cedar tree moves
the part of a cedar tree that moves is the... branches

has anyone here even seen a cedar tree? they don't look like tails of dinosaurs one bit

the behemoth could easily be an elephant
the leviathen some sort of large sea creature

or we're just attaching a meaning to a mythical creature with either example

things aren't real just because a book describes them

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
No mention of marsupials in the Bible either

Don't think it says anything about jellyfish either? Maybe they didn't exist?

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Stop using logic Essan or else I'm going to have to issue you another one of these:

You have voted Essan for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

This brings up a very good point though. Dinosaurs are the antithesis of Young Earth Creationism, not the Bible.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

saint, don't give this a way above for logic, it lacks that

if the bible was written in australia, that would make sense. now, there have been fossils found in the middle east. according to the biblical timeframe, dinosaurs coexisted with humans. therefore, the middle east had dinosaurs and humans at the same time. people would have seen them and written about them. maruspials never existed in the area. jellyfish, i'm not sure about.
but things as massive as dinosaurs would make it in, especially if UNICORNS get in to the book

saint, do unicorns exist?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join