It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREEDOM TOWER to replace the fallen WTC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Freedom Tower to rise from ashes at 1,776 feet

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The Freedom Tower, proposed to restore Lower Manhattan's skyline, will be the world's tallest building, according to the architects, who unveiled the revised model Friday

The tower, designed to be a centerpiece of the rebuilding plan for the World Trade Center site, will rise 1,776 feet -- a nod to the year the United States declared its independence.

www.cnn.com...

Do you like this design or would you have gone with something else.

I'm not sure about it, guess it's okay. I would like to have seen two identical buildings as the original WTC built right back in thier place.

I do like the idea of it being 1776 feet tall, that's cool.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm rather put off by the name, and will save my thought on the design until completion-

to quote a friend of mine-

"and the self-caricaturing of the United States rolls on... "

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I heard about this there were 50 odd designs and they were narrowed down to 10 werent they?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Its kind of cool that they will make it 1776 feet tall to glorify our year of independance. The name with the height will go hand in hand. Looks like a beautiful structure, but so did the new soldier field and that turned out to be a joke.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
yeah, it's my understanding that there were lots of designs submitted and then it was narrowed down to 10.

Looks like this one is what we'll get.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Another photo -

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think the whole Freedom Fries fiasco has plasticized the word freedom...and that bums me out. It's like the meaning has been washed away for the sake of American rhetoric. Maybe a dose of RATM will help me redefine the word to it's original status

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't want to seem like one of those "Conspiracy Theory Crazies" or anything. But isn't 1776 also linked to Freemasons and Illuminati?

The Illuminati Order or Bavarian Illuminati was a short-lived revolutionary and rationalist secret organisation founded in Ingolstadt, Germany on May 1, 1776 by Adam Weishaupt and Baron Adolph von Knigge. The Illuminati drew membership chiefly from Masons and former Masons.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, I would have also liked to see the two towers built back exactly the same, perhaps maybe a few floors taller. I think that when done, it would be a slap in the face for any terrorist looking at them. It would be demeaning to see them up again like that. But, this design is cool as well, and 1776 would be meaningful indeed. I guess even though they won't build the same towers again, I will still be happy with this design.

Originally posted by exdog
I'm rather put off by the name, and will save my thought on the design until completion-

to quote a friend of mine-

"and the self-caricaturing of the United States rolls on... "

Exdog, what exactly is your problem with the name? Is it illegal for us to name it freedom? I think you need to just relax and not be so offended, if I'm understanding you right.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The Freedom Tower, proposed to restore Lower Manhattan's skyline, will be the world's tallest building, according to the architects, who unveiled the revised model Friday

Great idea & all BUT can't they even get the facts right ??

www.cntower.ca...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
But they ARE self-caricaturing them selve...

mOjOm

Good observation ! Kinda weird, isn't it? Probably just another "coincidence"...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
good find ubukate...

but I'm sure somehow, there will be a stipulation as to why CN Tower doesn't count as being the tallest...

for some reasone or the other... I can just hear it now.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
very true & I'm not tryin' to start a debate.

I could really care less,the important thing here I believe is that we remember the people that lost their lives on Sept 11.

Just posting the facts.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Defining the Toronto skyline, the CN Tower is Canada's most recognizable and celebrated icon. At a height of 553.33m (1,815 ft., 5 inches), it is the World's Tallest Building, an important telecommunications hub, and the centre of tourism in Toronto

With its microwave receptors at 338 m (1,109 ft.) and 553.33m (1,815 ft., 5 inches) antenna, the CN Tower swiftly solved the communication problems with room to spare.

Freedom-
The tower area is 2.6 million square feet; at the crown there will be an observation deck and public place. While the structure would reach 1,776 feet, with the antenna perhaps soaring to 2,000 feet.

When they measure the worlds tallest buildings they dont count all the way up to the antennas.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
nevermind...

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth

Exdog, what exactly is your problem with the name? Is it illegal for us to name it freedom? I think you need to just relax and not be so offended, if I'm understanding you right.

I'm not offended, perhaps I could have phrased it better? I don't like the way the word Freedom has been abused since 9/11 (example the Freedom Fries thing) What I'm trying to say is the word Freedom itself has lost the power it should have for me personaly. The existence of Freedom is sacred-but the word itself feels hollow to me lately...

I'm not offended at all, nor did I intend to offend anyone else. I apologize if I did.

Maybe it will grow on me...it just sounds so Commercial

Glad to hear the same affect is not felt by everyone

can't wait to see the final structure(s)

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
UBUKATE, your avatar kicks a**

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
the more I think about it, I don't like "Freedom Tower".

I think something better could be used, just not sure what.

How about you guys, what would you call the new "Tower" and be nice...

nothing bad or senseless, especially about President Bush ( please )

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
do we know how the name was determined?

just curious...

why not something simple like WTC Memorial Tower?

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well then....I stand corrected.

Thanx exdog!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join