It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if TV was a version of mind control?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Lately ive been hearing that Televsion has certain ways to hypnotize you either in certain symbolism (use of magical sigils) use of cartoons that have violent imagery, use of frequency modulation? to change the brain waves of the humans watching them. Could this be possible?? We do have alot of morons out there? I mean seriously look at some of these talk shows? How do they stay on?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude by not really reading your post..

but isn't it obvious that tv is mind control.... ever try to get your dads attention, or a childs attention when they're watching tv... ??? almost impossible..

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You should watch a film by John Carpenter called "They Live"
Although this is an 1980’s movie and does suffer from a few of the 80’s clichés.. it’s content is excellent and has even more relevance today than it ever did.

Wiki - They Live

The age old advertising trick of subliminal seduction transcends to hypnotic mind control in JOHN CARPENTER’s science-fiction thriller, They Live. Here, Carpenter gives us a cold, hard reality, then strips it away to reveal a grimmer reality within ourselves and our society. Where face value takes on a completely new meaning; where reality is not what one creates, but what one takes.

Source: www.theofficialjohncarpenter.com

One of the film's more memorable scenes occurs when Piper's character dons the glasses for the first time, and notices that a billboard for what appears to be a computer company now simply blares the word "OBEY," while another billboard featuring a bikini-clad model urges the viewer to "MARRY AND REPRODUCE." He also sees that money bears the words "THIS IS YOUR GOD." The messages are, of course, meant to be subliminal, causing people to become complacent about solving societal problems, spend money, stay in debt, remain employed, and increase the population.

source:- wiki

Some people believe this film is a lot closer to the truth than just a simple 1980's film production...

Note: I am not one of the people that believe in alien invasion on the earth today, but I do think we are being controlled...

Wake up people… Wake UP!!!

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't think TV hypnotises you in that way, but it is used to control fer sure.

It projects the world that the (mostly) corporations want you believe is reality.
It's all set up to make you want things, and then it tells you what it is you want, and so is born the consumer junkie.

It is used to manipulate emotions to enact a certain reaction in the population, especially at the retail markets biggest haul of filthy lucre, Christmas time.

It is used to enforce the polar opposites of sexuality, barby dolls and action men, when the reality is far more diverse, and the emotional and mental problems thousands suffer from because they don't fit what is projected as being correct for their gender is a crime against humanity imo. And all this is done to control and put you in an easy to manipulate, rigid, predictable condition. Easy fodder for the gun or the mall.
Control your emotions and you’ll act as predicted.

It is used to control what you think is going on outside your door. A little digging soon shows that most of what we get through the mass media is at best deceptive and at worst outright lies.

It is used to enforce the illusion of the necessity of an authoritarian state. That life outside of authoritarian control is chaos. It projects a one sided picture of reality.

And most of the people who work in mass media are uptight, clueless, out of touch, vindictive idiots with no other interest than increasing their pay check…

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
....and the commercials are the best example of manipulation of the masses.
Take,for example, cosmetics, and hair products. Shampoos and hair colourants must be a multi million earner for the companies who claim almost every week that their product is improved and contains some gimicky scientifically improved formula to get the ladies to race out and buy this wonder product.
We are bombarded with new food products that subtley imply that we will live healthier lives and benefit massively if we drink a daily conconction of some fluid that is known to reduce hypertension, control blood pressure and other paranoia inducing health problems.
Almost all women are victims of the fashion industry due to a constant bombardment of 'must haves' to keep up with the current trends the latest colours, styles and not forgetting at least a new pair of shoes three times a week.
Politics have learned much from the advertising industry and groomed their speeches and image to 'sell' their intentions to the viewing public.
Religion also has adopted the mind control tactics promising eternal life to the gullable and weak minded.
I could go on but you get my drift. Sell a product and you sell an image and lifestyle and to me that IS the thin end of the wedge of mind control.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You see what they want you to see.

You hear what they want you to hear.

You know what they want you to know.

Of course it's mind control.

How do you think people have been kept to be so damn apathetic? There's soap operas, there's games shows, and there's home gardening. There's just too much on tv nowadays for many to worry about worldly ongoings.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Last I checked the device came with an on/off switch.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
capsitan asked:

What if TV was a version of mind control?

What if

Not what if, it just is!
Why do people feel like losers unless they live in a big house with a two car garage?
Why do you feel like less of a man unless you burn gas in a nice car?
Why do young kids run out and copy the latest fads?
Why do people feel like losers?
Why do some people still support (or did) GWB?
Why did you buy Budweiser instead of your local beer brand? (did you buy an image?) Or Jack Daniels? (you feel like a man now?)
Perceptions of oneself tastes better! I'm a Bud man! (no, not me, I drink local brewery beer, mmmm!)

I mean, who needs subliminal messages, or special brainwash techniques when TV influences our decisions and how we feel about ourselves way WAY more than we can even begin to realise.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Toadmund]

[edit on 7-1-2007 by Toadmund]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
T.V. is NOT mind control. When something controls your mind you are left with no choice. As much as T.V. does wrong it does not take away our freedom of choice. Television is a device a tool. All tool's are neither bad nor good, its what people do with the tool's.

Television programing may give us a little mental push in a certain direction but it can not and never will be able to force us. As one poster put it

Dont blame telvision blaming television is like blaming a hammer instead of the weilder of the hammer.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

have you ever stared at the television and relized you were not even watching, you were just looking and you mind was almost asleep? this could be why.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
thank you neohaze for that movie im goint to get it sounds good

and yes tv is brainwashing EVERYONE

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thank you for all replying to my post. Yes it does come with a on/off switch, but dont you think that there is at least an ATTEMPT at some form of 'control'? Look at all of the problems that our society has, do you think that Television helps or hurts more?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Ah the power of television.

It is so powerful that billions of dollars are spent every year to advertise on TV.
But guess what? The big corporations are now diverting as much as 50% of their TV advertising budget to net advertising. Even companies lime McDonald's is shifting to net advertising.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shooterbrody

REALITY CHECK!!!!!! good point shooter...

I think that it is obvious that tv is a form of mind control...

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
That kinda scares me about the net advertising, i mean what is the best way to advertise? TRY to control the audience. I cant post a source but im pretty sure advertising companies use psychologists to help them MAKE MONEY. Yes we live in capitalism, but i dunno, i think something is goin on.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Toadmund and Anglosaxon make a good point about the commercials. There is a literal army of highly trained and well-paid psychologists working around the clock to determine how best to manipulate the needs and desires of the consumer in order to sell them things.

Usually they play on a fear of death, guilt or shame and sexual desires. Since 911 the fastest growing industry is the collection of private data on citizens. Many of these companies now working for military/industrial interests began as market research companies collecting data on consumers in order to inform and predict market trends and needs.

The convergence of market research and military industrial interests doesn't bode well for freedom of thought. The old adage - A man who has nothing to hide, hides nothing - doesn't do justice to the reality of how a human being will try to tailor their thoughts, feelings, appearance, behavior in order to feel a sense of belonging.

That fact isn't lost on the army of market research psychologists paid to exploit that need or on the private interests that seem to dictate government policy. A good cultural colonizer is more effective than an army. The war for hearts and minds in the West is being fought by a fast food nation.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Haha I was going to say it wouldn't really affect me because I hardly watch TV at all, but if you say they're putting 50% into net advertising then i'm screwed because the net is what I do instead of TV!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
Toadmund and Anglosaxon make a good point about the commercials. There is a literal army of highly trained and well-paid psychologists working around the clock to determine how best to manipulate the needs and desires of the consumer in order to sell them things.

Lol to malginas.. Clearwater makes a good point in his post that brings to the surface issues like 911 having impact on advertising in general...

[edit on 8-1-2007 by capsitan]

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Look at this beer commercial. It's a pretty well made advert. But a bit random for a beer commercial, does anyone know when it was released on TV?

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Haha I was going to say it wouldn't really affect me because I hardly watch TV at all, but if you say they're putting 50% into net advertising then i'm screwed because the net is what I do instead of TV!

hahaha lol

The integration of web and tv technologies is speeding up and soon there will be no distinction between the two.

Lets face it, the concept of advertising is baseless if you can't reach your target market.

Standard TV advertising attempts to reach this market by using consumer questionnaires about what programmes they watch etc... So they can place their advert at the optimum time.

However... Enter the NET...

With Web adverts reaching your target market is never a problem since now the advertisers can use keywords.

I can see in the not too distant future, never having to watch or see an advert for a product or service other than that of products you would actually buy.

This would be beneficial for both consumer and advertiser....

I bet you already knew that McDonalds spends a massive amount of money achieving head count through their doors??? But.....

Did you know they probably spend just as much in working out new ways of getting people to leave the premises in the quickest time possible??

Tactics such as: -

Blowing cold air onto customers in cold climates and hot air onto customers in hot climates....

Ensuring the music played is repetitive and almost inaudible to the ear. but audible enough to be subconsciously annoying.

Organising the seating so everyone can see the queue of 'waiting to sit' customers.

Etc Etc....

My point is this... We are all being controlled but not just by TV... By anyone who has enough money to do it and a need to do it.

The best way to try and avoid this social programming is to be aware it exists. Try thinking before you reach for the goods in the shop, and above all open your eyes and question all that is put in front of you.

All the best people,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Neon Haze]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join