It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Conspiracy hits South Park

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
No mention of WTC 7? Are they nuts? South Park dropped a notch or two IMHO.

Are they that loyal to the official story. . . BOOOOO. . . BOOOOO

Crab People revolt!!! ARRRGGG!!! Now is your time to take power. . .

spelling

[edit on 11-10-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
doctorfungi:

I'd like to make it quite clear that they didn't slam World of Warcraft last week. If anything, they bolstered sales. I am an avid player on the WoW servers, and I can personally attest to the fact that as soon as that SP episode ended, the server was flooded by people talking about it. So to tell me and everyone else here that WoW got "slammed" by SP's creators is hogwash.

They specialize in satire. Satire is what we call a joke. It's supposed to be taken lightly. If one cannot take it lightly, then it's not to be taken at all. They may have a message to convey through the story, sure, but that doesn't mean that they are always right, or that they are in fact pushing any hidden agenda.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade
Crab People revolt!!! ARRRGGG!!! Now is your time to take power. . .

You know for a brief moment, I thought that in the end, they would reveal that it was all a plot made by the crab people, including the incident at the school.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yea I agree, this episode of south park was pretty crappy, it dissolved into a sort of anti-anti goverment conspiracy if that makes sense and in the end they made a point to say that there was no conspiracy only the terrorist behind the attack. It seemed as if the whole show was made to counter the 9/11 movement. The only thing in the show that did make me laugh was the crapping of in the urinal and garrison getting pissed about it.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Revelmonk]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deluded
No. They're position is far more stupid. They believe that it was just dumb luck that these 19 bumbling muslims made it through to the worst attack on our soil since Pearl Harbor. Riddiculous.

Pure genius, deny any conspiracy at all so that nobody can even get close to the truth, gee sounds like system debunkers to me. If they find 911 to be legit then I assume the rest of their whining is all just B/S then?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
South Park is satire, so we can't expect it to reflect anything realistic.

The content of this episode was funny enough; my only gripe is that it's making money from a horrible event that's still obviously fresh on many minds. You can't expect Parker and Stone to make a substantial political statement through South Park.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No one should expect that.

But the point still is that this was a joke. Why is everyone taking it so seriously? How come do people get so worked up over a simple joke? I don't understand the logic behind it. They have a disclaimer at the beginning of each episode that tells you that what follows is all a joke, and it's not meant in any way to be anything BUT funny. So how is it that people can see that and go off thinking that they somehow are trying to project a Bush-backed doctrine?

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I honestly don't think they'll ever air this episode again.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
South Park is satire, so we can't expect it to reflect anything realistic.

Thats not what people were saying before the show aired! as I recall they expected it to "blow the lid" off the conspiracy.

must be alot of that 1/4 of the american population on this board!

It flat out said in the episode....If you believe this bunk about 9/11 YOU ARE FRIGGIN RETARDED!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
No one should expect that.

But the point still is that this was a joke. Why is everyone taking it so seriously? How come do people get so worked up over a simple joke? I don't understand the logic behind it. They have a disclaimer at the beginning of each episode that tells you that what follows is all a joke, and it's not meant in any way to be anything BUT funny. So how is it that people can see that and go off thinking that they somehow are trying to project a Bush-backed doctrine?

TheBorg

A joke maybe. The subject matter was still very real. Even today people continue to be maimed and killed as a direct result of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. In the Middle East primarily, and in small government torture chambers around the globe.

This is a joke that is deadly serious.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnt
I honestly don't think they'll ever air this episode again.

Actually its on again tommorow at 9 same channel

I watched and came to the conclusion that it didnt really help or hurt.
Its South Park so it does what they want with any issue.They showed a few theories about 9/11 and the they plugged 9/11truth.org so those watching the show are gonna look that up and learn for themselves.SouthPark brought the issue to their show and gave the issue some exposer.SOuth Park put on a show,dropped thing here and there,but in the end,its for the person watching to decide for themselves.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by Black_Fox]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hahaha!

That was the best episode ever. So true too. Especially when Cartman stood there with his 'evidence' about Kyle.

You should see the South Park forums - 9/11 denying tools everywhere. The responses are pretty funny. "Shutup Retard" Lmao.

Good episode

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I can't believe I missed it.
Is it true it comes on again Thursday at 9?
Was it the crab people?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

You should see the South Park forums

Link?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It was prettyfunny. Not as funny as the WoW one, and alittle pretensious (in a South park way) but yeah, it was pretty funny. Especially Cartmans conspiracy demonstration, lol. WHO DROPPED A DUKEE IN THE URINAL!!!?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry but that episode was PURE GENIOUS...

Some of you need to lighten up for a second and just laugh.

Think on the positive side for those of you who are convinced the gov't was behind it... I'm sure 911truth.org is getting a ton of traffic one way or the other from this show.

Also, the part in the beginning when cartman was crunching numbers and said "1 + 2 is blah blah" and goes off about "someone took a 2 in the urinal where you should take a 1"

I was rollin

[edit on 12-10-2006 by noslenwerd]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
Also, the part in the beginning when cartman was crunching numbers and said "1 + 2 is blah blah" and goes off about "someone took a 2 in the urinal where you should take a 1"

I was rollin

[edit on 12-10-2006 by noslenwerd]
So was I, especially after reading the foolish posts like that in the NY plane crash thread.

It was almost like they read these forums.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
So was I, especially after reading the foolish posts like that in the NY plane crash thread.

It was almost like they read these forums.

hahaha I was thinking that too...

I'll bet you trey and matt did have someone on their team read these forums...

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That was by far my favorite episode. And please chill out it was only an episode but funny in nontheless. I loved the part when Bush was explaining the 911 plot. I think it was on purpose because Bush made it so stupid sounding. And the whole Dick Cheney misses when he fires the crosssbow.
And the end " well one fouth of the U.S. is retarded why not let them believe the goverment did it". They are going to get grilled on that.

Quick death to South Park how dare they make fun of such a thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This episode was hilarious. It is silly for people to go back and forth about who they were poking fun at. They were poking fun at EVERYONE. That is what they do. However, they were NOT poking fun at the fact that something horrible happened and people died.

While SouthPark is a satire and people want to believe that they are just making light of something, they are SOOOOOO making of someone, if not everyone. There are no boundries, if you do something that someone can make fun of, you are a target.

Like last week's episode of World of Warcraft. I am a Warcraft player. They made fun of WoW players having no life. They made fun of the fact that there is a player out there who has no life and is willing to just run around and kill people instead of questing. They made fun of how silly we sound on TeamSpeak with our strategizing and getting annoyed when someone isn't spec'd accordingly. They made fun of the fact that people complain about the player with no life that is going around killing people.

Southpark makes fun of people PERIOD and generally they deserve it. I had no life playing Warcraft. I had actually calculated how many kills I would need to get to the next level, just like Cartman did (Just need to kill 30 more elite dragons at fully rested XP to reach level 59). Frankly... I totally deserved being made fun of. Did I get offended...heck no. It was funny as hell. I will tell you this though, were they dead on when they did the satire last week on Warcraft? Absolutely (with the exception of some game content). Cartman's whole bit on strategizing on TeamSpeak was almost exactly how it is. Were they dead on last night with Cartman representing some of the people who wholeheartedly believe some of the most outrageous conspiracies...Absolutely.

Just my thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join