It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people don't predict a peacefull era?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I beleive human's are slow learners and we will go through a great calamity of events and as we face total annihilation we will be forced to work together (what's left of us) to survive and create a new and better world. But I dont think that would happend if we learned before it got this bad.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think it's because us humans like to dramatisize everything possible.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
oh yeah and a suggestion read Kryons books they explain alot of things even the question you were asking. They may be very helpful in other questions

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Honestly peace is the final outcome.. Really it depends how you see it! If you can only find the negtive in any theroy, then you will reflect that notion in your thougths and posts.. I for one see everything comming together in the end, no matter what people think.. For one I see peace, yet peace is a state of mind for those who can see threw the vile negtive thoughts people project upon this Earth!
Some of us stand for War, and some of us dont.. Call me a hippie or tree hugger thats kewl with me! But please know that in this mixed up crazy world, peace is a mind set! If you want peace, you must first find that inner peace from within.. Which is easier said than done! There are way to many levels to break it down here, but in essance it all starts with a thought, and we go from there. Learn our lessons in life and try not to repeat those mistakes.. Life is a lesson, puzzle, and mystery that one should use the upmost respect when dealing with subject manner like this.. Try seeing the best, out of the worse and your well on your way to peace.
Just to add this, even evil seeks peace by killing all that is good.. Good seeks peace in killing all evil.. Do you see the lesson here?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have thought this many times.
My conclusion consists of two parts:
1) Man is pessimistic subconsciously, man feels worthless, man feels death is nothing more than inevitable... again, subconsciously(subconscious means it is something you never say aloud in your mind, but is still present as a thought at a VERY low level, hence the word "sub"). This being as such, we write horror stories(Nightmare on Elm Street, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, The Bible, Titanic, The Simpsons, Doom 3 and all News Networks. We actually like darkness, while still being good people. Some of us are straight up evil though(Jeffrey Dahmer like) while some of us are straight up fairies(Richard Simmons like). But in the end most of us are inbetween. In other words, most of us ain't going to go to church, stop swearing, love thy neighbor, do not punch a punk ass b**** in the mouth, and give until nothing else can be given... but we also ain't gonna rape and kill.

2) God hates us so he like to scare us.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, snake, the question you ask has more than one answer.

I have found that people are afraid of only one thing. That one thing is not knowing what will happen next. So, people who can see things, try to give people the heads up so that they are not afraid when it does happen. A lot of people only want to hear so much. So, the rest of the message gets lost.

When a story gets retold, the doom and gloom part is the only part that gets told on down the line. Why is that? The fact of the matter, is that people want their lives to mean something. You see, the innocent people who live in the middle of these wars, live to the fullest extent. In a way, they get the best of what life is all about. You've probably heard someone say "you cant enjoy the sunshine with out the rain". Well, thats kind of what Im saying here. Because those people see the darkest of times, the good things in their life is so much better and brighter. They love and live with more passion than any of us ever could. There is no question as to what is more important. When they have free time, all they want to do is enjoy every minute with their loved ones embracing every moment of joy they can find.

The peace most people dream of isnt possable with out dark times. The peace they want is not a life with no danger, no arguments, nothing but the same ol routine day in and day out. THe peace people dream of is a life full of passion, love, and emotion. Its a life with out confusion. A life where you KNOW what is important, a life that has meaning. The only way to have that kind of life, is by experiencing the other side of the spectrum. Dont be afraid of doom and gloom, because once you live through it.....that is when you really find peace.....that is when you can FINALY live.

So why do I think doom and gloom is always told? Because some people are praying hard that it happens to them. The are so thirsty for the end results, that its all they can think about anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi snake skywalker,
I agree with those who said most people want peace-I think that governments/royalty are responsible for most wars we have had throughout history.
However,the fact that most people want peace,does not stop us from continuously engaging in wars created by those in power.
Our history shows we are as much a part of nature as the constant battles in the wilds of the world.
Plants animal,insects,fish are all engaged in the perpetual struggle for survival and we are no different it seems.
Looking at the fact that we have never seen a day without war in our recorded history,it seems a long shot to say we will one day achieve "peace" on a global scale.
Does that mean we should give up on attaining the elusive prize?

Certainly not.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeSkywalker

Ok, my question is...
I read a lot of predictions from people, all are talking about "end of the world in 2012", meteors hiting the earth, tsunamis, nuclear wars, zombies... etc. right?

But why nobody talks about a peacefull era, one year without wars, the start of a new era in the 2012 with new technologies helping people each others.

maybe i see things backwards ?!

but people are actually saying that a peaceful & benevolent & caring world
will be the ultimate result........when !........... this present world condition and state of affairs,
with all its terror & strife & conflicts in all the different ways mankind can compete,
is derailed by some earthshaking or cataclysmic event/war/meteor/plague etc etc

it is only by some future shock & awe, (or what we might consider a divine intervention), that the present world systems can be made made null
or lose its grip on our lives.
only by some catastrophe can a peaceful social era be given a chance blossom,
and I suggest that your only seeing the negative aspect of those predictions & not the 'other' side of the dire prediction

the 'takers' & the 'conqueror' mentality is in charge of the present world order,
and we all take some part in the action whether we admit it or not.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yesterday, was/were the good old days. It seems everything ahead of us is dark.
As much as people want peace, only darkness is foretold and maybe its just supposed to be that way so we can all have fond memories.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Aaargh,nooooo!
Don`t say that DG,that is scary.
We have to have hope sister.
Was it MLK who said something like"only when it is dark enough can we see the stars"?
A dark future maybe,but darkness can show us the light.
We gotta hope and be positive.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi people, i don't wanna to start a new thread in another area. After a dream, and watching people walking in the street, reading the newspaper and forums. I can say, if u ear a new prediction of war remember this, you can say NOT TO WAR! Im not a "hippie" or someone else, and i know like others, things needs to happend if u wanna peace. But, if we are going to have a war in anytime (soon), you can stop it but you can get the force to say no with help, people helping each others...

Snake Skywalker.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
the author asked:

Why people don't predict a peacefull era?

One possible reason is:

People have no basis for reference, nor have people experienced a peacefull era.

People have a written and recorded history of 7,000 plus years.

And in all those 7,000 plus years humanity has not known 7 consecutive days (1 single week) devoid (without) war, killing, and destruction.

So, how would people know how to predict what has never occurred yet? People have no basis for comparison when it comes to a peacefull era. No one has experienced a peacefull era, at least not during our entire history.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Som where...deep deeeeeeeeeep inside me.. I remember times of peace....but that was so long ago that every thing left is nothing more than dust in the wind.

BUT I remember...IT was greeeaaaat!

And YES we do have to have hope....and also those who have faith must hold fast to that faith...as tight as they can...

BUT

IF there is no LOVE, then surely there will not be another chance....

Three strikes out in the world series...and it is Gone-zales. Pa arriba pa aribba!

Except that once again we will not go...

So....people we love....and who are a part of the we that we ALL ARE....

Let's get together and love one another!
That means no wars....no bickering....no accusations...

SERIOUSLY.
That's an order.

I love you ALL and that's why sometimes I am a witch!

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What money is to be made in predicting peace?

Seriously, would you buy a book with the prediction of peace?

Sounds like a lousy read if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Nope. I'm broke anyway...

I would GIVE my life for the promise of PEACE..

My life..my skin, my head, my arms, my legs.. you name it I gave it!

So let's get it cashed in!

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Nope. I'm broke anyway...

I would GIVE my life for the promise of PEACE..

My life..my skin, my head, my arms, my legs.. you name it I gave it!

So let's get it cashed in!

That is good, because I fear giving your life is the only way to attain lasting peace.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
FEAR NOT!

It has already been done....

I am now officially proclaiming peace in our future...

PEACE FOR Gaia!

IN the name of OUR FATHERS!

GOOD will to ALL SOULS!

Unity is on the horizon for indeed Atlantis rose in 1968.

I know I sound like a nut case right now...give it a day or two...you will SEE....

we all WILL see!

Only 6 degrees of separation! We are ALL family on this here rock...we need to start treating our neighbors as brothers, mothers, and sisters!

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

it was a lousy read, but then they added the book of revelations for commercial and retail purposes. now the bible has been the most sold book over the last couple thousand years!

of course i'm joking. to some it is still a lousy read.

and i believe it was a good read before revelations as well.

[edit on 25-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
That is one book that WILL never go out of 'style.'

Just wait till it is handled properly by all of us...we will be walking MAGICK trees...

Aleister Crowley - eat your heart out!!

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I personally have ONLY heard predictions of peace. I guess it depends on where you look.

The fact is, the only thing that can stop peace on earth from manifesting is if we, the people of earth, do not believe it is possible....as long as we are stuck in that narrow-minded, limited belief system about ourselves as creators of our future, which we are, then we will never have peace.

All of these people who predict these horrible things and think that the end of the world is coming, they really need to get their facts straight, I mean come on now, WHAT DO YOU WANT? TO CREATE A PEACEFUL WORLD OR NOT? SO START BELIEVING IT AND CREATING IT IN YOUR WORLD!

Dont let another man tell you whats gonna happen, YOU control your life, and ONLY you, if another man does it is only because you let them....we all need to realize this and get on the same page...the Creating The New Earth page.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I implore you....what do YOU want? Do you want there to be an end of the world, apocalypse, armageddon, or whatever other nonsense the Elite spoonfeed us to program our minds with fear so that we will create what they program.....or do you want to say "NO!" to them, and create what YOU want to create, a peaceful world of freedom? We have the final choice. No New World Order or other crap like that is gonna get us unless we accept it.

WE HAVE THE FINAL SAY! NOT THE ILLUMINATI, NOT SATAN AND HIS MINIONS, NOT EVEN GOD CAN MAKE OUR CHOICES FOR US, WE DO. WE MUST DECIDE ON WHAT WE WANT....A PEACEFUL WORLD. THEN WE MUST HAVE ENOUGH FAITH AND COURAGE TO BELIEVE THAT WE CAN DO IT, WE CAN CREATE WHATEVER WE WANT IN OUR WORLD. WE HAVE TO WAKE PEOPLE UP TO THIS, AND THEN WE WILL HAVE WHAT WE WANT. PEOPLE MUST MUST MUST REALIZE, THAT THEY THEY THEY HAVE MORE POWER THAN THEY EVER COULD IMAGINE! THEY ARE GODS IF THEY JUST REALIZED IT! WE ARE MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN THESE CONTROLLERS, AND HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE FATE IF WE WANTED TO....ALL WE NEED TO DO IS PUT THAT THOUGHT ENERGY INTO CREATING A NEW AND BETTER WORLD, AND WE WILL DO JUST THAT.

These thoughts of fear and destruction is not helping at all to create the New World, in fact, it is doing the OPPOSITE, it is slowing the process, so dont wonder why it takes so long. Get with the program, and start realizing your divine self. Realize the God-Ness within you, and start creating harmony around you. Until we ALL DO THAT, WE WILL NOT SEE RESULTS IN OUR LIVES.

I hope I struck a chord with someone here, if it is even one person, I am grateful. My work has been done then. My job is to wake you up. I will do that job with all my heart and soul.

NAMASTE ADONAI

[edit on 1-12-2006 by LightWorker13]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join