It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people don't predict a peacefull era?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hi, my intro... Im from Argentina and i understand english but my writing its not very well. Im not a noob, just forget my nick and password (lol). Ok, my question is very simple. I read a lot of predictions from people, all are talking about "end of the world in 2012", meteors hiting the earth, tsunamis, nuclear wars, zombies... etc. right? But why nobody talks about a peacefull era, one year without wars, the start of a new era in the 2012 with new technologies helping people each others. My word to all are, what we want to our lifes? death or life? can we change the course of the world? Im waiting answers and ideas...

Peace.

Snake Skywalker.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think the reason not many are predicting peace is due to the nature of man. When there are limited resources that we all believe we need, we tend to fight over them. We also fight for power and control of territory but that may ultimately go back to the resources that power controls.

Many have predicted a 1000 year era of peace. However to get there, we may have many wars, and over two thirds of the world population destroyed. It's a lot easier to have peace if everyone has participated in Armageddon or died leading up to the strategic positioning for the grand battle.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
well first off peace is never going to happen. no matter where you go their is always a conflict on any scale. peace is the worlds biggest lie. peace has done nothing but let nations build up only to be brought back down. i hope people start getting use to that concept cuz i am tired of those damn hippies. i think that was a very tough reaply but i get my point across. so stop waisting your time and join the United States Marine Corp today and kick some ones ass. time to lay off the violance tonight.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNYEILDING
well first off peace is never going to happen. no matter where you go their is always a conflict on any scale. peace is the worlds biggest lie. peace has done nothing but let nations build up only to be brought back down. i hope people start getting use to that concept cuz i am tired of those damn hippies. i think that was a very tough reaply but i get my point across. so stop waisting your time and join the United States Marine Corp today and kick some ones ass. time to lay off the violance tonight.

Thats disgusting...

I think the reason a lot of predictions focus on doom and gloom is because thats what people pay attention to.

The fact is 80-90% of people in the world WANT peace!

It's that simple, peace will happen because the majority of people want it.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I' ve always said that if we collectively think positive thoughts, and we all make an effort to think "peace" that we will emerge from these doomsdays and once again have some semblance of peace. Having said that,....we need leaders who want to use diplomacy and want peace..Bush is in office- it wont happen anytime soon.

We are facing terrible times in this world because of egomaniacs. Let us hope we can be rid of them in the near future.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I don't think man is evolved enough spiritually to truly have or want peace yet. Some people are but the majority aren't.
We need a majority of spiritually minded, more highly "peace motivated" people in the world to actually have "peace". And more humanitarian, diplomatic leaders all around the world.
The reason people predict war is because it's just logical right now because of the way events are happening.
Maybe peace is boreing to some people? I don't know.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
many prophecies predict peace. however, almost all of them say that it will only come after humankind has almost annihilated itself, only for it to shift over to a new beginning. many eastern european prophecies say that there will be 3 major world wars, with the 3rd being the shortest but most devestating one. supposedly after that war is over, "peace will last a long time." the 2012 mayan prophecey says something similar to that, as does te ancient indian prophecy of the kali yuga. in my opinion, all of them seem to be alluding to the point that it has to get much worse before it can get any better.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Perhpas because the thought of peace to humans is boring? Doom and gloom makes headlines, splendor in the grass does not. Most humans are inately drawn to the demise of other humans (think car crash on-lookers), perhaps the destruction of humans is the same, only on a scale of grandeur.

And as for the following of your post:

Originally posted by SnakeSkywalker
Im from Argentina and i understand english but my writing its not very well.

I was born and raised in the English language - often times I have to edit and re-edit and edit again my posts to become as clearly written as yours is !!

Your command of the English language is not only admirable, but very literate

Misfit

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
WAR IS PEACE

that saying says it all. we all mostly live boring lifes, what would we all do if everything was perfect and peaceful. the consumer industry needs people to want to fill there basic needs, so how and what would humans do if the society was perfect. the people ruling us would never want for things to be ok.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
WAR IS PEACE

that saying says it all. we all mostly live boring lifes, what would we all do if everything was perfect and peaceful. the consumer industry needs people to want to fill there basic needs, so how and what would humans do if the society was perfect. the people ruling us would never want for things to be ok.

The OP never mentions a perfect world, just a peacful one. War is not peace ...... peace is peace, it's not difficult.

The fact that our world woule be peaceful does not imply that it would be nil of goals. Goods must still be produced, crops farmed, energy stored, dwellings/cities constructed and maintained - hardly boring.

Military goods are not the consumer industry needs, it is an all-government [supposed] need.

So you tell me - how does the act of killing thousands and even millions of humans, many innocent, make your life not boring? I guess you are of the humans that ENJOY seeing other people die on your nightly news, to say it would be boring without it. Would your family enjoy seeing YOU die on their nightly news?

Misfit

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
OK here it is.

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
OK here it is.

2 Peter 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness

I've kept my mouth shut, until now............

Are you capable of making a post without interjecting your scheme of religion into it?

I mean, it's a discussion forum, not a "look at how many Bible verses I can cite" forum.

Throwing a verse out is hardly discussion. Maybe if you tried to discuss the prophecies of Simon, relating to this thread, it would be one thing. But blatantly throwing the Bible in everyones face is futile, nor does it gain any type of reader confidence of your posts.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Are you capable of making a post without interjecting your scheme of religion into it?

But blatantly throwing the Bible in everyones face is futile, nor does it gain any type of reader confidence of your posts.

In answer to your question, no I can't.

I don't believe it is futile. The world can be a scary place. People want to know the truth. The Bible is the place where you can find the truth.

Now a question for you. Exactly what, about God someday remaking the universe to be a place where there will never again be death and suffering, do you find offensive?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You know, from what I've read about the coming year of 2012, it's not something to dread at all. It will be the "end of the age,"not the "end of the world". I cannot fathom exactly what everyone is afraid of. I mean, yeah,many people will die between now and 2012. I suspect the next five years is going to be particularly difficult,but people need to realize that it's all leading to a brighter future.

I think people predict "doom and gloom" because there is some of that coming. What,you expect people just to assume everything is going to be peachy? Be for real. There is going to be, and currently there is, much chaos and confusion in our world leading up to 2012.

Some say, "Well, what if December 21,2012 comes and nothing happens?" What if it does? I mean, all that would mean is that we are in the same shoes we have been in for a very long time.

I don't think that anyone should hinge their hopes on any prediction. All a prediction is really is an estimation of what is likely to occur if humanity continues the path it is on. I view prophecies as more of a warning than something that is cast in stone.

How long has the world been "coming to an end"? Ever since Adam and Eve stepped out of the Garden. I mean, that's just the truth of it. Many Bible thumpers hinge their beliefs on an illusionary rapture,which is not spoken of in the Bible at all, because they want to believe that God favors them over everyone else. God does not practice favortism but millions of "christians" believe that he does. Is believing a "doom and gloom" prophecy much different? Not really. It's just on the other side of the same coin. Instead of believing that one is going to escape the harshness of reality,one believes that he/she will irrevocably have to endure it.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

And as for the following of your post:

Originally posted by SnakeSkywalker
Im from Argentina and i understand english but my writing its not very well.

I was born and raised in the English language - often times I have to edit and re-edit and edit again my posts to become as clearly written as yours is !!

Your command of the English language is not only admirable, but very literate

Misfit

Thanks a lot Misfit, and talking about peace it's the nature of the human to fight, from the ancestors (fighting for food to live), jesus fighting for a right, and i think in the future, like starwars, fighting for a cause (in anyway, if u'r a imperial or a rebel you have a cause...)

But; anyone in the world with a good cause, can solve a problem without a war. I never fight, just used my best "weapon": The word. This is one of the problems with people with good "word" but using it for bad causes.

We need to predict peace, it's not easy because if u know the true of something coming soon, really bad... you going to be afraid of that and wanna help others but not with fear. If i know tomorrow it's going to snow, im not going to tell you "tomorrow it's going to be a bad day", i can say "tomorrow it's going to be a good day, to much snow but u can enjoy it". I am wrong?

See u all latter good people.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Why people don't predict a peacefull era?

The answer to that is they do, just not very often on this board. It's the company you keep. Let me explain,

Before I came to ATS I was a mod on a site for folks who believed they were Indigo children, Star seeds, enlightened grand poopahs and just about any other new age title you can dream up. Every prediction they made was of a grand new awakening of the soul. The new dimension we were all ascending to, the ultimate culmination of their lifes work that would bring forth the final peaceful age. All of their predictions were of the coming peace.

I decided to take a break from that and found myself at ATS. This is the total other end of the spectrum. Everyone here believes that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and we're all doomed, doomed, doomed. The cynicism is so ingrained and replete the whole place just reeks of it.

I love this end of the spectrum now as much as I loved the other end when I was dancing to hippy music and burning inscense.

I also know the truth is somewhere in the middle of both of these worlds.

If you want predictions of a happy future you need to hang out with the new agers. If you want predictions of doom and gloom than you are in the right place.

Just please keep in mind that the truth will not come to you by only following one end of the spectrum. Explore them both and everything in between. Then you can make your own predictions of the future and if you are wise enough, make it come true.

Just my thoughts on it.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If you want predictions of a happy future you need to hang out with the new agers.

False, what they espouse to is, for lack of better word right now, a lie.

There is hope here on ATS from some.

Rev.21
[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

If you can't see the hope and peace in that reread it until you do. If you still can't see it and hear it, pray for God to open your eyes and ears and bind satan from distracting you so you can see and hear it.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

False, what they espouse to is, for lack of better word right now, a lie.

Which is your opinion, nothing more. I respect that. Your life and path are your own, and I hope you find what you seek as you walk it.

Others who minds are not as closed and focused as yours might find differantly. I hope nothing less for them.

May we all find the lessons we need on this journey that is our life. May we all find the peace that each of us deserve.

I believe the very creator of all things wish's this for us.

wupy

df1

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It's a nice verse, however you have presented it with no feeling, no context and no point of reference within the thread topic. You are reciting magic words like an alchemist invoking a spell rather than presenting the citation and telling us how these words relate to folks today.

The world can be a scary place.

Christianity seems to encourage people to be scared. And it seems that in most verses of Revelation the only goal is to make people scared. After scaring the bejesus out of folks, a church convinces many to buy insurance against "God damage" using the same method used by all insurance companies, fear.

The Bible is the place where you can find the truth.

Well Ive not bought the insurance, but I can assure you that I have faith. Faith that I have no need to be afraid of my mortality and that when all is said and done in my life that everything will work out the way it should. What does a christian say to a man that is not afraid?

Exactly what, about God someday remaking the universe to be a place where there will never again be death and suffering...

Has it ever occurred to you that the destruction of all life would eliminate death and suffering ever after? Just wanted to leave you with a comforting thought.

[edit on 26-9-2006 by df1]

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
It's a nice verse, however you have presented it with no feeling, no context and no point of reference within the thread topic. What does a christian say to a man that is not afraid?

Has it ever occurred to you that the destruction of all life would eliminate death and suffering ever after?

The author of this topic wonders why there is no good news about the future. The verse indicates there is good news of a peaceful future. Seems like it's on topic to me.

What do I say to you? nothing

What does God say to you?

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

and again in

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death

If God says something once we are to listen, if He says it twice we are to really listen.

The destruction of all life would mean that death won. Throughout all eternity the smell and sight of death would permeate the universe. Thank God that He won, and the future is a victory over death.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join