It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quakes rocks Indonesia! Thousands killed!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
the early reports of the death toll keeps rising

one of youse said that area was far from peaceful
with tsunamis and volcanos & such...

(this item is no way connected to the earthquake & the rising death toll)
Scientists Film Undersea Volcano Eruption, 26 May, 2006

the item tells of an eruption filmed underwater at about 60miles north of Guam.
thats thousands of miles NE of Java... just thought it would be of interest in
looking at the RAW video on the storys page...instead of carnage updates

~~~~

also, did you know that today in 1941, the British Navy sank the German Battleship 'Bismark' with 2,300 lives lost. (today, indonesia quake 2300-2500 die)
is that eerie coincidence or are those inexplicable 'cycles' slapping us in the face??

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy
I think anyone killed by an earthquake is weak because how can you die from an earthquake unless you wanted to die so I say that they all wanted to die.

I feel bad that this earthquake happened so peacefull there.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Hawaii_boy]
What the hell do you mean? Just dropped off a turnip truck? How sadistic.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I agree Hawaii boy obviously types before he thinks,in the cities they have a tendency to build high rise structures,logging many people inside the devastation of a few could have a domino effect on thousands,this kid either posted these replies out of ignorance or he is a child in need of attention,I'm disgusted by his remarks

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I think anyone killed by an earthquake is weak because how can you die from an earthquake unless you wanted to die so I say that they all wanted to die.

Disgusting.

More than 2,700 people have been killed and thousands more injured...

The quake, measuring 6.2, flattened buildings in a densely-populated area south of the city of Yogyakarta, near the southern coast of Java.

At least 2,900 people have been injured, and many more are still thought to be trapped under rubble and collapsed buildings.

www.bbc.co.uk

I guess they all brought it upon themselves, hmm?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Poor Hawaii Boy. You may live in paradise, but your comments don't reflect a peaceful, serene being.

A 6.2 here in my neck of the woods doesn't kill that many people. But generally speaking, my neck of the woods is very, very small, and very wealthy compared to places like Iran and Indonesia.

Why does wealth have anything to do with it? Both in infrastructure as well as in education. Some of the best engineers (highly educated) design buildings to withstand up to 8's. Some of the best building materials are used to build those buildings. And some of the most extensive rehabilitation has occurred since the '94 6.9. And yet, the 6.9 killed people here, too...not as many, no not nearly, but the loss of life was minimized because of the measures taken.

However, in Indonesia, they haven't got the best of anything in that particular region. Homes without solid foundations will collapse, regardless of what they're built with; and it's generally not steel, lathe and plaster for these homes; rather, bricks - mud and straw - as well as wood. And that will come down. And if it collapses on a family of 10, it's likely 5 of them were injured suffienciently enough to die.

Add to that the ineffectiveness of existing roads and bridges (because they will rupture and/or collapse, as well). Rescue efforts are hampered significantly if the rescuer can't access the victims. Add then to the mix that some hospitals will be damaged.

Then further add to the mix the very real risk of fire from ruptured gas mains, as well as home fireplaces and cooking fires. If some of the folks are dead from the quake itself, then there are less people available to fight the fire. I also seriously doubt that fire engines and/or neighborhood hydrants are as available to the local populace as they are here in the states. So the fires will rampage, killing those trapped in the debris.

Flying glass will kill. Falling electric wires will kill. Dropping walls will kill. Trees falling on a house will kill. And so will the panic which will occur after a quake that size. People driving and crashing, animals (specifically cattle) running, rocks falling...all will kill.

And depending upon the particular sort of earthquake, the damage from a 6.2 can be extensive...much worse if it's a thrust fault than a slip fault. And since there is a volcano in the area, I'm willing to put odds on that it was a thrust fault...which is far more violent Richter point for Richter point than a slip fault.

Poor Hawaii Boy. You've apparently never experienced anything other than a comfortable home, and haven't the compassion nor the imagination to understand how people can die in a disaster of this magnitude.

Regards-
Aimless

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Aimless Searcher]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
ah, if such destruction fell upon the infidels, there would be dancing and rejoicing in the streets, i say the muslims in indonesia are suffering the wrath of the true almighty

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
ah, if such destruction fell upon the infidels, there would be dancing and rejoicing in the streets, i say the muslims in indonesia are suffering the wrath of the true almighty
Says YOU.

I knew people such as you were out there- Dont worry, we will have our turn at death and destruction in biblical proportions- We are most deserving!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I was wondering when this would turn into a "my god killed your people" thread.

Will it ever be just a matter of "a large earthquake/tsunami/hurricane", minus the god bit?

NN

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I could not find any reference to this in an english newspaper yet,
but Dagbladet.no (norwegian newspaper) claims that over 200 000 people are left homeless after the quake.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Sick, just sick. Humans died! This includes women and children, I'm sure, as long with many men that were perfectly innocent. What you are saying is exactly what some would say if it did hit the "infidels," therefore, you seem equally guilty in your hate.

Do you now know that 2900 people at the very least are dead from this??? They wanted to die? How can you even say something like that, and what humor is there to be found, even if you think this is a joke?

I'm with dgtempe, I knew people like this were out there, but I had not seen such blatant examples like this. There will be a time when something bad happens to you all, no matter where you are. Sure it may skip this lifetime, but everywhere will have something happen.

I don't know maybe I am still being ubersensitive in my post Katrina mindset, but my thoughts and hopes go out to those that are going through this. To lose everything is so hard. Walking out with just the clothes on your back, no more house/car/food. It's so insanely horrible. I hope the US responds as kindly as they did to us. Wasn't it Indonesia that was able to donate something like 100,000 to the Red Cross after Katrina? It was so small an amount, but so beautiful after knowing what they had been through with their own recent disasters the year before. Again, my heart goes out to everyone affected.

3002 People Now

[edit on 5/27/06 by niteboy82]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Some said that it will be the 25th of May when a tsunami will happen. Well it's not a tsunami but a terrible quake! And I also readed an article in a magazine that in a rain some strange supstance containing DNA fell (sorry for my bad english lol) and some think this is alien life and the prediction was that alien life may be found for the first time!!!!!!!! What do oyu think?

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Jedi 007]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't we should be trying to connect aliens and "alien predictions" with this earthquake.

Anyone following seismic activity can tell you that area is a hotbed for seismic activity and volcanic activity. Since the Boxing Day quake and tsunami, there has been continued seismic activity in the entire indonesian area. There is no correlation between what is happening now and this alien nonsense (btw I believe in aliens, just not in eric julien's nonsense) Mt. Merapi has been active for months, they were expecting more eruptions...quakes right under and near a volcano obviously can and will trigger the volcano...it just kind of scientifically works that way.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Various Dumb Statements

I would like to be the first to donate $10 to the fund so that Hawaii_boy can get a new trolling motor because the one he has obviously isnt working that well if this is the best he can come up with on a Saturday morning.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Sick, just sick. Humans died! This includes women and children, I'm sure, as long with many men that were perfectly innocent. What you are saying is exactly what some would say if it did hit the "infidels," therefore, you seem equally guilty in your hate.

Do you now know that 2900 people at the very least are dead from this??? They wanted to die? How can you even say something like that, and what humor is there to be found, even if you think this is a joke?

I'm with dgtempe, I knew people like this were out there, but I had not seen such blatant examples like this. There will be a time when something bad happens to you all, no matter where you are. Sure it may skip this lifetime, but everywhere will have something happen.
[/url]

QFT.

If I could give Way Below Top Secret Points...

... it really, really saddens me when people who should be generally intelligent enough to access the net appear to be incapable of intelligent conversation.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bripe Klmun
QFT.

If I could give Way Below Top Secret Points...
... it really, really saddens me when people who should be generally intelligent enough to access the net appear to be incapable of intelligent conversation.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but people who are saying that these people obviously wanted to die? I wasn't the only one condemning what was said, either. 3002 people die, and someone says something like that, it just isn't right.

It wasn't a nice thing to do, and if the mods say I did something wrong, I'll take the warn and apologize to both of those posters for what I said.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
^ They will get their just deserts. This is their way to rattle our cages in the midst of a horrible catastrophe. :shk:

I dont know if any of this is related, but there certainly seems to be a lot going on.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
This is their way to rattle our cages in the midst of a horrible catastrophe.
I dont know if any of this is related, but there certainly seems to be a lot going on.

Maybe this is something for another thread - praising ones own god for the death of anothers religions people?

Whenever this comes up, it makes me ponder something ............ if this is the way it is, one religions god killing people of another religion, then what about all the places in the world that simply do not have natural disasters? Maybe THEIR god is the true god, since other religious gods can not hurt them?

Did that come out right? lol

NN

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

I don't know maybe I am still being ubersensitive in my post Katrina mindset, but my thoughts and hopes go out to those that are going through this. To lose everything is so hard. Walking out with just the clothes on your back, no more house/car/food. It's so insanely horrible. I hope the US responds as kindly as they did to us. Wasn't it Indonesia that was able to donate something like 100,000 to the Red Cross after Katrina? It was so small an amount, but so beautiful after knowing what they had been through with their own recent disasters the year before. Again, my heart goes out to everyone affected.

3002 People Now

Did you also see me write that I feel sorry for the family and people that left earth?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Im half Indonesian my father is Indonesian. ANd I love Indonesia I feel so sorry that this happened.im crying right now

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Im half Indonesian my father is Indonesian. ANd I love Indonesia I feel so sorry that this happened.im crying right now

Somehow I think that was scarcasm

I hope the death toll stops where it is.. its growing so fast

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join