It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sukuriju

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
something 200ft especially a snake would prolly knock down any small bushes and have strong enough scales/skin or be used to the thorns and stuff so movement wouldnt be all that hard to imagine.. now in the more closed tree filled areas something that big couldnt move enough to eat

But with how snakes are built im sure that if its that big.. its got the strength to move itself
I would laugh if it couldnt.. but I wouldnt poke it in the face with a stick or hold up a rat >.>

[edit on 22-5-2006 by The Bear Man]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I too, believe that a 100-200 foot snake is not very likely due to most of the reasons posted here.

But... could it be possible, that the Anaconda for example, has been diminishing in size rather than growing?
I could speculate that 200+ years ago, food sources for snakes may have been in abundance, wherein they may not have needed to exert much energy to feed.

We could possibly be on the downside of the evolution of the snake whereas they have come to adapt to their current environment. Thus, becoming smaller due to food availability.

Early recorded accounts of large snakes, such as mentioned in this post, could be posed as feasible.

Hmmmmm....

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think your theory is more likely Keeper. Back in the early days of snake evolution the amount of small mammals and lizards would have been enough for a large creature to sustain itself, especially after the diosaurs were wiped out. It is likely that as animals themselves grew larger and better able to defend themselves, the snake was forced to grow smaller in order to minimise it's energy expenditure.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
If my reticulated python gets that big, my landlord is going to kill me! I don't see how a snake could possibly get up to 200ft, but in the world of cryptzoology, that sounds actually reasonable. I'd bet on the existence of the 200ft snake before the chupacabra or "little people".

You have a reticulated python?!?! That's crazy! I have 2 Ball pythons that usually grow to only 6 ft, but Regals grow about 20ft and up to 33ft!(though bigger ones have been seen)

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've spent some time on the Sucuriju (it has a C, not a K). I've read a small childrens book about cryptids, and it spoke of the sucuriju, saying that besided Fawcett, natives have killed them as well. It also said that a small tributary of the Amazon has been marked with a cross from the death of natives and explorers who have disapeared there. It's interesting to note that the area also has long, large trails coming in and out of the water that resemble that of a snake about ten feet wide.

There was a b&w photo taken in the congo from a helicopter of a supposed giant snake. Do a google for sucuriju, then images. You should find it somewhere.

The sucuriju was supposedly also sighted coming inside a village/town, where it attacked a few people, then left having been chased off by angry villlagers and people.

That's what I know of it.

Oh, and the tribes and villagers belive it is cursed to let a sucuriju's body lay on the ground, it must be placed into the water, where they are mainly sighted, specificaly the amazon, which is why so many people never get a photo.

And I believe it was Cryptozoology.com, they had a sighting of the sucuriju, or skin or something like that.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by EBE17]

<< 1  2   >>

join