It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Freemasons win lawsuit against 'whistleblowers' site

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
reply to post by Masonic Light

Well, you care enough to respond.

Yet your response is just more of your old-lady nonsense, isn't it ?

He's responding in an adult fashion and pointing out facts while you're arguing belief.

The Gaiaguys, as you know (or SHOULD, seeing you're posting about it) simply cut and pasted OTO drivel from the OTO website. This much has been clear to all for at least two years.

If the OTO did not wish the public to know about their beliefs and activities --- why did they publish same with the public domain ?

And why ...having published their drivel in the public domain ... did OTO pretend to be outraged when Gaiaguys ACCESSED same and featured it on their own website ?

Not having a dog in this race, it seems pretty obvious to me that these gaiaguys felt they were above the law and acted accordingly by not complying with the instructions of the court when they lost their case. Presumably, a conscious decision on their part but one that they have to accept the consequences of like adults. The Australian legal system had no axe to grind against them so it seems they were demonstrating sour grapes against the magistrate's ruling. Not smart tactics in any country.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Well, you care enough to respond.

Yet your response is just more of your old-lady nonsense, isn't it ?

And yet I'm sitting in my warm, comfortable office drinking this delicious coffee while Gaiaguys are stocking up on soap-on-a-rope. Sort of destroys all your credibility, huh?

The Gaiaguys, as you know (or SHOULD, seeing you're posting about it) simply cut and pasted OTO drivel from the OTO website.

Wrong. Gaiaguys falsely accused Australian Ordo Templi Orientis members of engaging in criminal and acts heinous acts. When such false claims by spoke word, it's called "slander". When in print, it's called "libel". Both are illegal.

The Australian O.T.O. members were willing to forgive and forget after the original ruling, with which Gaiaguys failed to comply, showing once again their malice.

If the OTO did not wish the public to know about their beliefs and activities --- why did they publish same with the public domain ?

We're not talking about O.T.O. beliefs and practices, we're talking about Gaiaguys committing criminal acts by falsely accusing innocent people of heinous crimes, and then contempt of court.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I really don't know much about this, but I'm going to have to side with OTO on this one from a legal stand point - even though on a religious stand point I'm about as far from them as you can get.

I truly believe everyone has a right to free speech as long as that speech does not infringe upon the rights of others. Part of not infringing on the rights of others is not maliciously spreading information about an organization that you know to be untrue. The only exception for this is satire and political comedy - and the website did not seem to be putting any of this up as a joke. When I looked up the website using the wayback machine, it was clear that the authors were intentionally and maliciously spreading misinformation. Thats enough in the US court of laws to be found convicted of libel, and our laws seem to be in agreement with Australia on this one.

I am unsure if 9 months of jail time would be appropriate punishment if the website owners did not comply with a court order to take down the website. OTO should have to prove that their reputation loss/damage from the website is equivalent to that amount of jail time, and I doubt anyone took the website that seriously. I think it would be much better to simply start draining their assets and placing liens against the website owners properties until a good amount of money had been amassed.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness

I am unsure if 9 months of jail time would be appropriate punishment if the website owners did not comply with a court order to take down the website. OTO should have to prove that their reputation loss/damage from the website is equivalent to that amount of jail time, and I doubt anyone took the website that seriously.

I see what you're saying, but O.T.O. wouldn't have to prove anything on the current charges. Gaiaguys were sentenced to jail in this case for contempt of court, and not the civil of offense of libel.

9 months does indeed seem a little harsh, but most judges do not like criminals thumbing their noses at them.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Ah, you see, I really don't have any idea what is going on
Contempt of court is different, but it does seem odd that they would give 9 months for a case like this, but that would be a completely different matter. You are right that judges generally become enraged if anyone blatantly ignores a court order - as they should, after all, it is the only non-military enforcement mechanism of the law we have...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
Ah, you see, I really don't have any idea what is going on
Contempt of court is different, but it does seem odd that they would give 9 months for a case like this, but that would be a completely different matter. You are right that judges generally become enraged if anyone blatantly ignores a court order - as they should, after all, it is the only non-military enforcement mechanism of the law we have...

The contempt of court charges didn't come out of thin air. If I'm not mistaken it went something like this. Gaiaguys was asked by the O.T.O. to remove their material from their website or the O.T.O. would press charges. Gaiaguys didn't comply. O.T.O. went to court and the judge ruled in favor, Gaiaguys was ordered to remove the material and fined 30.000 Australian dollars. Gaiaguys didn't even show up in court, refused to pay the money or remove any material from their website. Instead they put up cartoons suggesting the judge was a freemason. Only then (and months passed) did the contempt of court charges come to fruitition.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Cartoonish depiction or not it would seem that the Gaiaguys warranted the punsihment that was handed down. The behaved in a libelous, slanderous and contemptous manner and by their actions project an air of moral superiority that they have no position to be taking. It would seem they had apmle time to comlpy with the ruling but chose to ignore it in an obnoxious nmanner.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I’m from Australia and I don’t know the foggiest about freemasons in this country……I didn’t there were any…. I thought it was more an American or European thing…..

I guess you learn something new everyday…

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thelema is NOT religion. It is a philosophy and collection of principles to better man. Only the Caliphate OTO promote Thelema as a religion ( for those lovely tax free breaks), and they only speak for a minority of Thelelmites. %The majority of Thelemites se Thelema has a means to live has they will.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Thelema is NOT religion. It is a philosophy and collection of principles to better man. Only the Caliphate OTO promote Thelema as a religion ( for those lovely tax free breaks), and they only speak for a minority of Thelelmites. %The majority of Thelemites se Thelema has a means to live has they will.

Personally, I don't see how anyone could approach Thelema unless from a religious perspective. It's all there: holy books, sacraments, theology, deities, etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The legal test for a religion in Australia is basically belief in a supernatural thing, being or principle. Thelema meets this easily.

The OTO, as an organisation promoting Thelema, is therefore considered a religious institution.

Like other non profit organisations it can apply for tax exempt status. There are no real great advantages in this until you have a significant income.

Bob

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TerraX

the OTO are unrelated to the Freemasons!!! They are two different societies.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayet

so what is your opinion of a person that devotes thier life to protecting innocent victims of unspeakable levels of abuse?
i wish i had a portion of dr michaelsons courage
open your eyes and while your doing that open your mind
after all mr crowley suggested that to his followers-didnt he ?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The police force in Sydney and Melbourne is controlled by freemasons, or was historically. This is common knowledge even amongst people like my parents that don't see it as a conspiracy, just a fact.
A lot of older aussis look at the masons as "The Lions Club" or "Rotary Club" and I believe it is considered a social network more than a deep dark organisation of a
ancient knowledge.

I believe it came about as anglo celtic aussis feared the new Australians like Greek, Lebanese, Vietnamese etc.

However in 2009 the dynamic of the cities and the police force reflects the multicultural soceity and I don't think the traditional white anglo christian values are anything like as powerful as they may have been.

I'm not defending them. I'm just not sure all the hype about freemasons and power is very important these days. A cop would not make it very far in the old days if they didn't join up.

The major police forces of Melbourne and Sydney have undergone huge corruption sagas in the last 10 -15 yrs. Watch "Blue Murder" and "Underbelly". Both very popular commercial drama series based on real events and characters on the crime scene in both major cities. Episodes are banned in the state of origin due to on going corruption charges.

In the end it is believed that many of the corrupt cops were filtered out, and in both states the gangsters virtually wiped out each other in a gangland war.

The cops are well paid I believe, so perhaps not as easily corruptable

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vestri

I found it fascinating that the people on gaia guys were imprisoned at the local prisons in the township where the Aust orders headquarters or at least a main chapter is housed. These prisons are described by locals as being the playground or brothels for those in the know.
Australia

OCEANIA LODGE
P.O. Box 424, Strawberry Hills
Sydney, N.S.W. 2012

Choronzon Tribe
c/o Oceania Lodge

Ibis Tribe
c/o Shanks, P.O. Box 118
Maldon 3463
www.billheidrick.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
WOW! There it is.... I have been told....

I therefore acknowledge that all the opinions I have expressed are that, opinions, which are based on what I've researched and what masons have stated within the threads I've frequented.

At no time should anyone viewing my comments believe that I am a mason or that I have personal contact with a mason that is giving me any data.

Most of my opinions can be derived from misquotes by masons and other threads within the ATS forums....

Whew.... That was close...

Rgds

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Huh?

Dude, you hadn't previously posted in this thread...

Paranoid much?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Whistleblower site, bloody cheek, too right it's got a lawsuit against it, love to get my hands on the guy who found that masonic site with all that stuff about getting even with non masons, a step by step guide on a masonic site, i bet it was hacked or something so they should sue the hacker too.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by suzy ryan

Suzy Ryan, you seem to suggest that there are Freemasons involved in this atrocious crime. Do you know of any Freemason that is hurting or exploiting children in this way? If you do let us know and the police. I can tell you that no Freemason would approve of this and such a "brother" would be expelled from the craft if he was ever involved in anything like what you describe.

Real Freemasons protect kids not hurt them.

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join