It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers and their significance

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have never considered the significance of numbers.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Heh, it's been about 2 years that I've been seeing 11:11 everywhere.

At first I thought it was the Badder-Meinoff phenomenon; - when you're made aware of something for the first time you begin to see it everywhere. eg - "Do you know about Badder-Meinoff?" - "Yeah, I read something about that on ATS the other day!"

But then I just couldn't stop seeing 11:11 and it was really disconcerting - I thought I was going a bit doo-lalay.

So I decided to research it. Actually no, first I saw that someone on Facebook had joined a 'club' called '11:11, make a wish' and I thought "wtf is this?!". That's when I decided to research and came up with a couple of pages about guardians and angels and doomsday saviors (apparantly that's us, the folks who see 11:11 everywhere.)

Excuse me for not reading all the replies to this post but there's alot of them. The main stream of thought for this 11:11 phenomenon is that is you meditate and open yourself to the guardians, you can actually converse with them instead of looking for obscure signs in numbers.

I'm not exactly sure how much of this stuff I believe but it sure is nice to discover that I'm not the only one experiencing it.

I found this site when I did my research; -

1111 Spirit Guardians

(So I'm very new to this site and am checking stuff out - came across this thread VERY Accurate Bible Prediction and what's the number in the first paragraph?

[edit on 5/9/09 by XHellcatX]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by craftiechickie
i see the number 137 alot, not daily or even weekly but just here and there for like 10 years, does anyone know if 137 has any meaning? by the way i'm new on this board, it's so fascinating i know i'll miss a bunch of sleep just reading....

thanks, linda

well, if you think of it as one 37 is the lowest factor of 111(3X37), 222(6X37), 333(9X37), 444(12X37), 555(15X37), 666(18X37), 777(21X37), 888(24X37), 999(27X37).

and, if you add up these multipliers of 37, or more properly, reduce them numerologically....

111 ....3
222 .....6
333 .....9
444 ....12 --- 1 + 2 = 3
555 ....15 --- 1+5 = 6
666 ....18 ---- 1 + 8 = 9
777 ....21 ---- 2 + 1 = 3
888 .... 24 ----2 + 4 = 6
999 ....27 ----- 2 + 7 = 9

this repeating 369 pattern could well be 'the holy trinity'. it is a kind of hologram, with all the parts containing the whole.

and 3 + 7 = 10, or 1 (1 + 0 = 1)

fascinating.

edit to add....

111 = 1+1+1 = 3
222 = 2+2+2= 6
333 = 3+3+3 = 9
444= 4+4+4 = 12....etc.....
555 = 15
666= 18
777 = 21
888 = 24
999 = 27

that, to me, is divine.

some say 777 is the number of god.

that would be three sevens, or 3(7)

[edit on 22-9-2006 by billybob]

I have also always found something very interesting with the number 137 for no reason other than just a weird feeling about it. I've looked it up online a few times to see if it represents anything and couldn't really find anything.

Something I have noticed about the number is that each number of it added with the next integer up equals the next number.

1+2=3
3+4=7

I always thought that that was interesting, and also that it's a prime number.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
One of my son's was born on 11-14 and ever since he notices this number and points it out to me on the clock alot..his dad b-day is 4-14
also my daughter was born 12-4=7 at 1:42=7 and 7lbs even
and have another son born 9-8-98=35=3+5=8 at 1:35=9 and 6lbs 2 oz =8

I also was born 7/30/71=28=2+8=10

at 3:07?=10
Does this make my lucky # 10 or 1?

Any thoughts on what this means for them?

Is there anyway to calulate the year , age or round about date we will die?
I know sounds crazy.. but just would like to be kinda prepared.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hi,

1111 blah blah blah - I am both humored as well as disgusted by these synchronous numbers. Sometimes they make me laugh, sometimes they make me grunt because I don't know what it all means. I've seen the numbers/higher entity communication thing, but don't buy it for one reason: no matter the number, the meanings are all the same, with but wording changed to make it seem like a different definition of the numbers.

Anyway, this post is not about the synchronous numbers, but of those that are non-synchronous. I noticed for the first time, in a thread not about numbers, a poster stating that he/she also see's OTHER numbers that have no synchronicity, such as 395 or 147, nothing seemingly there. While browsing for 1111 threads, I found and skimmed this one, and noticed a coupe of posters also talking about other numbers they see, outside of the typical 1111, 444, etc.

So, I started a thread about these non-synchronous numbers, and am inviting anyone that is also experiencing this to join in.

Thanks, and may the Eleven be with you

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
we make us what we make ourselves anything we want. complete speculation is everything. the need to know ultimatly outwayes the need to live. this is what will keep you going in terms of pure percecption alone. basicly a map for the structure of the not only our universe to but our metroverse the unslimpifaction off all specific modifiers. the entire map for survivals infinatly greatest restrictions of existing. the never slowing of the (nev)(ery)thing = (combined word) the entire emcompasing of reason(single comparison of life and its cousins). maximumum importance to minumum reason. the entire oversimplifaction or complifacation of conceputaual (distuinguishers).

i know the (begining and end) of the (never and ever). uncomceivablity is always ahead of concievablity. u know for a reason only you do or you dont. dont i know something i know what we all have the potential to be. you me anything.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was born 8/8. I was 18 on /8/8/08. Accordig the the chinese I should be lucky. I sure don't feel it.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
When i was growing up i hated the number 3. When i was in grade school i was always the third person. Not sure if that has any correlation to anything but its weird. and still to this day its far from my favorite number. Also my birthday has three number ones in it. the month, day, and year. which i think is strange.

also number 5 has been very significant in my life. Growing up my older brother played baseball and football and was number five for both sports. So the number grew on me and my family. Years later my niece was born 11-5-05 which is strange because she exactly 1 week late. Also after reading the number correlation for the number 5 in a previous thread it said that the number five can symbolize the vine of a Lily. My niece's name is Lily. Maybe im just crazy..but it all just seems weird.

on another note, as far as waking up at strange times..for a whole summer when i was 13 i would sleep with my clock radio on. The same radio station 24/7. Every morning at exactly 5:55 i would wake up to the very beginning of the song Pepper by the Butthole Surfers. Which is weird because to me the lyrics are strangely about death...at least it seem that way to me. And for anyone who doesnt know of this song should look it up..if u woke up to that song every day at the same time..it would probably freak you out. Anyways i finally went out and bought the Electriclarryland cd by the Butthole Surfers and i stopped waking up at the same time everyday..which is also strange. And i have yet to hear this song play on the radio ever again.

just thought id add my 2 cents
If anyone has any input on the meanings of number 5, 3 and 1 it would be greatly appreciated

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Not the flashiest title on ATS, but my attempt to give the Paranormal Forum one place to talk about numbers and their special interest to the ATS community.
In my short time as a moderator her, I've seen several threads devoted to various numbers, most recently 333 and 11:11.
It seems to me if we have one place to talk about these numbers and our experiences with them, we could gain a larger audience and avoid duplicating ideas.

To start off this thread, I have found a link to a piece about numbers from Wheaton College in Wheaton IL. It gives a brief history of numbers and their significance.
Worth a read for all:

"...thou hast ordered all thing in measure, number, and weight" (Wisdom 11:21).

So writes the author of the Apocryphal Old Testament book Wisdom--a text which captures so well the meaning and mystery behind number symbolism in the Middle Ages. Augustine himself suggests that numbers are like the thoughts of God, giving authority and approval to a system of thought that was to permeate medieval culture. Although on the surface number symbolism might appear to be on a par with symbolism from the natural world, there is a difference: both are based on God's signs in nature, but the significance of numbers involves a greater mystery and requires more education to unravel--at least in the more complicated forms prevalent in the Middle Ages.

www.wheaton.edu...

Other ATS references about numbers:
The time when you look at the clock, and what it means
Why do I see this Everywhere???!!
11:11 Is a Wake-Up Call.
Reoccurances Again
42 - Ultimate Answer Playing With My Head
666 research

Anyone seeing way too many 11s on their clocks? (or other places?)
Interested in the 11:11 on the clock?
6:15 in the morning

This post will be updated and/or amended, as needed/required.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Hey My birthday is 3:11. How exciting. Yep. Mmhmm. Jesus im bored.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
For the last 3 months I've been receiving voice mails at 3:33 am, almost..every night. When I check my phone there is no missed call and no voice mail left at that time. I thought it was kinda weird but shrugged it off. Until recently when watching the forth kind, I seen on the clock 3:33 when the people were getting abducted. My husband and I both were freaked out. I know the movie was inspired by true events happening in the alaska region. Does anyone know of any alien-like significance with the time 3:33???? I know christ died at 3:00 & he was 33. Please advise!!!
Thanks, Bree :-)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i always wake up at 02.02 in the morning. and i really don't know why...
it's kinda scary though..

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
About once a year for a week straight i will wake up at 9:26 which is the date of my birthday.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
11:11

Yes, I've noticed it for many years. I can't really say whether I look at the clock more often at that time, or simply recognize it due to its appearance. Also, 1:11, so the latter may be the reasoning.

As for 11:11.... I've always said, "It's F Time." Of course, this is because 1111 in binary has the hexadecimal equivalent of F-- which btw is a decimal 15, so maybe 15 is a special number.

Not serious about the 15.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm glad I am not alone, felt like something was wrong with me. Mostly for me it's 9:11 and 6:11 I see on the clock almost daily. Other times in morning I will wake up and see 1:11, 2:22, or 3:33.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
To be honest, I have never seen numbers cropping up continuously, nor have I noticed any pattern or correlation with certain numbers, or any meaning behind them.

Not to say that any of you guys are wrong, just haven't noticed. I haven't even seen the whole 3:00am witching hour thing yet, though my sister did wake from terrible nightmare at 3:00am, so perhaps there is something there which I need to find out.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The Chaldeans taught the world to use numerals by way of the Babylonians, who'd conquered them. No one knows where the Chaldeans learned numerals, but it is known that they had already developed the very rigid specifics concerning the nature of numerals as it relates to quantity representation and environmental impact per integer.

The Hebrew Torah introduced numbers as having specific spiritual/divine significance, taking the Chaldean Method and applying it to their theology - both cultures enjoyed Babylonian subjugation during a concurrent period of history, and the Hebrews learned numbers as a result.

If numbers "mean" anything, then you need to look to the Chaldeans for your answers. Pythagoras fell head over heels for the Chaldean Numerological Method, and successfully transcribed it for the Greek alphabet, but some idiot in the middle ages butchered the Pythagorean Numerological Method when he made a sloppy attempt to translate it to the Roman alphabet. This resulted in our modern version of Numerology being completely worthless. That said, the original Chaldean Method is still taught in small places. Sadly, Pythagoras' translation was lost to the effort of that middle ages idiot who wanted his translation to be the only surviving translation.

So, if you really want to know what these numbers mean, research Chaldean Numerology. They invented numbers, and they established what they mean. Any other speculation is just....well....it's just speculation.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by NorEaster]

[edit on 23-2-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I remember about a year or so ago, me and my sister were both waking up at 3:30 at night at the same time and we lived in different houses and went to bed at different times.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It is my belief that the DECIMAL base ten counting system is "decimation" in that it is discordant. Destruction. I practice music and art as a professional. I can thus see what most ordinary folks seem to be unaware of in that music and the optical perception of colour are operating in accordance with a numeration system that is "harmonic" being a base twelve system. Look at a piano keyboard and count to yourself how many semi tone are there in an Octive ? C C# D Eb E F F# G G# A Bb B C . Now I see that this whole Universe is operating in accordance with this musical scale. Thus I believe that our numeration system is fundamentally discordant and thus we are not seeing in the mathematics the answers that would be shouting out to us massively if only we would be using a base twelve counting system. I also operate a shortwave radio station "2E3NJ". I know that the telecommunications are calculated using a base twelve numeration system. The radio spectrum is allocated out to three type of user. Amateur radio. Professional communications radio. Commercial transmissions. These are banded at harmonic frequences up and down the radio spectrum. Thus in the event that [amateur especially] anyone station is transmitting at too high a signal wattage the ghost signals generated up and down the spectrum will only bleed into traffic of a similar nature. My licence is for professional communications. I am not an amateur doing their morse code. Nor am I musical commercial traffic either. So I would not want amateur traffic [morse code] bleeding over into my frequency nor would I want commercial traffic [music] bleeding into my frequency. Thus we allocate the three type of traffic at harmonic stages up and down the spectrum to avoid such bleed over problems [ghost traffic] which occurs when some idiot transmit at too high a signal strength for their frequency and or size of antenna. Amateur operator are very often making such errors because of their lack of professional training and the fact that their equipment is home made and calibrated in accordance with an amateur system [decimal base ten] that is not based on real science [base twelve] but is more a system created in accordance with basic fundamental misunderstandings far too complicated to enter into here where we do not have the space. Commercial stations must use only authorized equipment sold to them by the industry. As a professional communications operator "2E3NJ" I also must use industry manufactured equipment which by its nature is therefore not creating such disturbances up and down the spectrum at harmonic intervals. These harmonic intervals are easilly calculated if one is using a base twelve counting system. As far as I know the amateur radio society [Ham Radio] are not comprehending why it is that they are restricted to the frequencies that they must adhere to by international law. For example, one big misunderstanding that people generally have is that to get the signal to propergate further they are thinking that they need to turn up the signal wattage. Thus arises the "ghost signal" bleed over problem I described above. In actuality even if they turn up the wattage the signals will still only travel as what we call "line of sight". Usual 3km. If situated on a hill perhaps a bit further. I will not ellaborate the method by which to get the signals to propagate literally all around the world, using even the normal allocated signal strength, ionospheric, because by doing so it would only encourage the idiotic to created what we all would classify as "signal jamming". In music recording and performance if we turn up the wattage [volume] too high it will usually pop the speakers and or result in what we call "clipping". All these problems arise largely because we are generally not using a base twelve numeration system.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Actually the 12 note music scale is from the "circle of fifths" which is derived from the Perfect Fifth ratio as 2:3 -- this is from the Law of Pythagoras. But in Western music there was encountered the "comma of Pythagoras" which means that the 12th fifth does not line up with the 7th octave -- as the fifths are divided back into the octave.

This means that the Western scale is not natural resonance! In fact Western math is inherently dissonant because of the "comma of Pythagoras." In the West the answer was to ignore this problem of logic and instead convert the Perfect 5th music ratio 2:3 into a wavelength based on squares -- using undertones instead of overtones. So that 3:2 squared is 9:4 as the 11th and then divided by 2 as 9:8 the major 2nd and then 9:8 cubed is the tritone as the square root of two! This was the "Devil's Interval" -- the tritone -- but it's also the foundation of Western logarithmic math!! And 5:4 from 10:8 is the major third as the cube root of two!

So this was first developed by Archytas and Plato -- from Babylonian math which originally did use a 60-based number system (in line with your 12-based system). But it was still a "divide and average" mathematics - so that 6:8::9:12 was the inverse of the Perfect 5th and Perfect 4th -- and then from this Babylonian proportion the equation arithmetic mean times harmonic mean = geometric mean was used to precisely "double the cube" using music harmonics so that:

1:5/4::5/4:8/5::8/5:2.

Anyway I have an essay on this that's a bit technical:

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

The alternative is what the Chinese called "Infinite Spiral of Fifths" -- since in the West we rely on the commutative property -- A x B = B x A. But again in the Law of Pythagoras C to G is 2:3 while G to C is 3:4. So the Perfect 5th is an infinite spiral of alchemy! It resonates into higher frequency but can not be modeled by logarithmic math. Quantum math uses frequency as energy intensity -- but the original energy is infinite potential -- which is the same with the Law of Pythagoras. You can logically infer that there is no beginning and no ending to the source of sound -- it resonates into light energy that bends spacetime.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Thank you for responding to my entry on this interesting thread about numeration. In my understanding of music I have identified and work with four type of scale. [1] Like as you indicated there is the scale of "fifth" intervals. We simply ascend up by five semi tone intervals. This scale is super harmonic and is very beautiful and children especially love it. It has healing theraputic ability for persons who are suffering stress and like illness. One can also descend down by five semi tone intervals which is having a depressing effect if not complimented by upward motions to balance it out. [2] Then there is the Chinese Harmonic Scale. This is instantly far eastern music. It is truely harmonic in its feel. C Eb F G Bb C . It is very easy to work with. I use it very often because I love far eastern music. If you use only the black keys on the keyboard it is instantly easilly a transposition of this scale C# Eb F# G# Bb . [3] Then there is the Western music scale C D E F G A B C . Western music is always for some reason made using this scale of notes. Often refered to as Major Scale. Simply play using only the white keys on the keyboard. This music has a uplifting happy feel to it but should not be over done and is best used to compliment the next scale. [4] This scale is Arabian in its flavour. It is also called Gothic and is very spooky if one knows how to use it thus. C C# Eb E F G G# Bb C . Often refered to as Minor Scale. I call it Discordant Scale. It is best used in complimentary fashion with the other scales because then the changes have powerful effect on the audience. If you go to my music websites you can hear my music without having to pay a fee. You might be able to recognise the different scales and harmonics [1][2][3][4] being utilized ? Music is mathematic in all its entirety. Thus I do believe that certain numbers effect the psychi just like relative harmonics effect the psyche. Just present the number 13. People feel spooked by it. Colours too ofcourse. It is all mathematisable if you care to sit down and work out the geometria of it all. I do wonder if I have not yet discovered a chord structure and pattern thereof never before heard ? Major or minor or triatonic or diatonic or quadrotonic or inverse thereof. I am often bored out of my head by the music creation process because I seem to have discovered all that there is to understand ? Here are the hyperlink to my music distribution sites. Enjoy.

ONE.
TWO.
THREE.

Google Video Link

As regard to the mathematical and geometric relationship between colours I am sure that it is impossible to write about it in the space provided here on ATS but I might be able to create a thread about it at some future date. I would have to create the graphics too. Complicated. The book to read is a classic written by JOHANNES ITTEN called COLOUR THEORY. Other interesting subjects are to do with optical illusions. The psychological effect of colours and shapes. Colour is music and of course music is colour.

The connection with the "paranormal" is in that colours and sounds have profound effects on your psyche.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by CAELENIUM]

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join