It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bohemian Grove, The Owl: Not Satanic!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's not what you worship, it's how you worship it. The men associated with the Bohemian Grove have been some of the most soulless bloodsuckers of corporate and political history, so I can't imagine too much that's good goes into the prayers they offer their effigy.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Firstly, Please look into the word Bohemian and study thew meaning of the culture. Second off, the robes probably are of Celtic origin, they mix rites. They create their own world. The Bohemian Grove was created during a time when little entertainment was involved in our culture; little culture or arts.

Women are not involved only because it's a fraternity, women also have their own culture where they can do as they enjoy. If women were involved it would ruin their ideology and enjoyment of masculine freedom.

They like peeing and getting nude in the open, acting immature...

They create artwork and enjoy their own rites to hold a secret and personal meeting between eachother. It is secret, just like a therapy appointment or a group therrapy appointment. It's a culture and a meeting for friends and associates to have a camping trip to get away from struggles. Remember when you went to a camp and you had theatre entertainment, possibly a magician or some kind of bonfire? It's not much different. People in power need not domainte the world: they are already rich and have power, they do this in order to get together and have fun and have time away from problems.

It's normal, many groups do this. It's like boy or girl scouts... Some have anti-christian beliefs to avoid persecution from Christians groups, created during a very Christians time. Fraternities always have their own symbols and rituals to associate. Mock sacrifices aren't abnormal, its to burn away a symbol of anxiety, which many rites perform. Actually, ancient cultures have nothing in common with this group. The sacrificed people asked in faith to be sacrificed, not forced. This isn't what the "ancients" practiced. This is a fraternity, and they have their own code and religion... People can't give out secrets, just like you can't know what takes place in a therapy appointment...It's confidential and people who are hired do not speak out because they had to probably take a vow to not speak out against people as it is unfair, why should I know about the members personal lives? That is what a fraternity is for. They refuse to openly speak, probably because they have morals to not disobey and make people look bad.

freemasonry.bcy.ca...
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I've been reading/fascinated about about this Bohemian Club thing for years and frankly it seems a miserable failure. As I understand it, these humans gather yearly to collectively acknowledge their own insignificance and attempt to somehow cast off to nature the overwhelming pressures within their lives. Via substance abuse and a relaxed atmosphere, they cry on others' shoulders and do their best to get a nut provided there's enough sympathy and easy sex trade to go around.

If they've been at this whole 'oooo spooky' owl business (and yes it's on the dollar bill / what the "jolly good fellow" that past the first one of those around got in his teepee that night, we'll NEVER know) for over 100 years now, and are some second, third or fourth generation members to have had the luxury of melding their minds for progress or just general goodness, why is there so much turmoil within modern society? Hell, had I pissed away decades of my summer vacation with such collective intelligence yet chose to copulate around a mossy hoot owl, I'd be secretive too!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Born

if you study the occult you will see that nature is part of the two sided satan, one is the she, the other is the he. Its like black magic or something. It is satanic tho. Even the black magic people call it "god" not lucifer.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PurityOfPeace

The plan is to bring the worlds population down to 500 million not 500 thousand.

Georgia Guidestones

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
Comon now, I'm not saying I believe everything Alex Jones says but your theory on the matter seems like a shot in the dark, and it doesn't even make sense. Let's honor nature by sacrificing humans in front of a big owl statue.....Do you have anything to back up your claim? It's just to damn weird to think they are just thanking nature.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by d1k]

here are a few words i would like to throw out on the table, i think they make the point for themselves.

Aztec, Mayan, Incan, Celt, Summerian.

Incase these words dont mean anything to you... i'll elaborate.

All of these groups made MASS human sacrifices to their nature gods. some of these groups would kill over 1000 men a day... EVERYDAY. there was no evil intent, Heck the Aztec would hold their soccer/basketball hybrid game where the WINNERS were sacrificed, the losers were just killed. they werent worshiping evil, they were praying for rain.

So i dont think that a mock sacrifice in honor of mother nature is such an odd thing.. and let us remember that the real meaning of sacrifice is to "Make sacred", not to kill as an offering to some evil force.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

All of these groups made MASS human sacrifices to their nature gods. some of these groups would kill over 1000 men a day... EVERYDAY. there was no evil intent, Heck the Aztec would hold their soccer/basketball hybrid game where the WINNERS were sacrificed, the losers were just killed. they werent worshiping evil, they were praying for rain.

So i dont think that a mock sacrifice in honor of mother nature is such an odd thing.. and let us remember that the real meaning of sacrifice is to "Make sacred", not to kill as an offering to some evil force
reply to post by Secret Master

Well alrighty then. Proof that sacrifices are NOT Evil!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime

Actually, we are in a position to judge. These men are our nations leaders. With that position comes a great responsibility to the people of this nation. A leader of the United States of America should not be involved with a bizarre ritual of any type (fake or real). Our leaders are public servants. We, as the people of the USA, do have a right to know what are leaders are doing behind the scenes and if they are engaging in any bad deals. No US leader should belong (or want to belong) to a secret organization or secret club because of the conflict of interest that could develop. Conflicts of interests, groups of powerful men in secret meetings, and a nation's leadership are a bad mix for corruption and misuse of political power. We, the people of the USA, have the absolute right to know whether our leaders on working for us or against us. No secrets. No bull.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by zerotime]

We as the people of the USA, have only the right to judge their actions from a political and legal stand point. if they want to hold mock sacrifices, to nature, god, satan, the pope or bob hope, thats not our bussiness. if they wanna dress like monkies and throw their poo at each other... thats not our bussiness. what you do behind closed doors in your bussiness... as long as they dont break laws, the same holds true for them.

What happens in the grove stays in the grove. So unless someone has concrete evidence of wrongdoing, and not just the slanderous testamony of a disgruntled or dejected member, then we have no right or reason to question it.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BushCrimeFamily
Not to mention the rampant homosexual overtones, which was revealed by archived Richard Nixon Tapes where he describes the Bohemian Grove as the "most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine". Now defend Christian politicians who are supposed to be against these things now engaged in them, in an act of a double standard.

Nixon thought everything but his dog, his suit and his tie was faggy. the man was as uptight and repressed as it gets. he was the model of the ultra conservative, so can you really trust his assesment of anything as being "Faggy"?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The cremation ceremony symbolizes the burning of the conscience, that little light that tells men not to kill, rape, steal, and plunder their neighbor.

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; "

www.brainwashington.info...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Secret Master

Like many fraternal membership organizations, the Bohemian Club has its traditional, fairly arcane, rituals. I've been present, as a guest, three times for the Cremation of Care ceremony -- the kickoff to the Bohemian Club's summer encampment in their Bohemian Grove.

So summarize what's been said many times previously, it's an allegorical play in which "dull care" (i.e. a figure representing the tensions and pressures of the outside world) is ceremonially slain, and stays dead for a two-week period while the BC is encamped in the Grove. In the allegory, the attendees (the members and guests) are therefore "free" to engage in fraternal reverie in the natural wilds of the (i.e. Bohemian) forest, because "Dull Care" is not controlling their lives. To be utterly and unequivocally clear, the stage prop for Dull Care is a mannequin made of rebar and pencil steel, and he's "cremated" as part of the ceremony with fireworks and fun pyrotechic effects. I've personally inspected the charred rebar stick figure after the ceremony, and climbed around inside the owl, which is a hollow stage prop filled with rigging and theatrical equipment. (Alex Jones' fantasies aside, there's nothing about babies or Moloch or pagan gods -- it doesn't figure into the ceremony and it's not part of the theatrical storyline which dates to the late 1800s when people really liked allegorical plays and metaphors that enjoined people to live to a higher and more noble way of life.)

Previously mentioned here was the fraternal reverie, which among this group of 2,000+ whose average age is about 50 -- would be defined as eating, drinking, telling jokes, listening to lectures and musical performances, going on hikes, swimming in the nearby river or playing tennis at some nearby tennis courts. (Oh, and peeing on trees. I don't get that part either, but it's a deeply cherished tradition.)

Strange as it sounds, the whole kit and kaboodle is nearly identical to my childhood experience at YMCA camp in similar mountains except the food is significantly better, the fellow campers are more rarefied and sopisticated, and the cabins, while rustic, have fully stocked bars.

Furthering the similarities, even at YMCA camp there was a first night campfire ceremony (with torches) in which we "took on" the challenge to live in harmony with nature while we were at camp and the beauty of nature was said to be God's grace made manifest and to which we were the trusted initiates and stewards. (I don't disagree.)

The budgets are certainly higher at the BC, and the costumes and staging more elaborate, but it's not terribly dissimilar in scope or feel.

The best thing I've ever read about the Bohemian Club and its Grove, from a neutral, third-party academic visitor -- a University of California sociology professor is below. I'm sure some of Alex Jones' "expose" scenarios are valid and authentic, but as anticlimatic as it seems, he's way off on this one.

Inside the Bohemian Grove ...

Cheers,
Sandalfon

[edit on 12/19/0808 by Sandalfon]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well thank you for that Sand, i think that is probably the most reasonable explinations... correct or not (Not saying it isnt... cause i just dont know.), of what happens at the grove.

Here is something for the rest of you to consider. GWB, like him or not.. use to be a wild boy, then suddenly Daddy Bush knocks the coke straw out of his beak and tells him he has to be a good boy and run the country.

Entire generations of the movers and shakers of this world go through this same thing. Children of privlidge, suddenly called upon to answer to the family legacy, forced to put away their childish things and step up to the plate...

Doesnt sound very appealing to me, But i like having the freedom to keep my childish things.... I'd likely kill someone if i had to quit playing MtG on the weekends.

And the same holds true for them. Most of these people probably didnt want the authority they have, but they accepted it when it came to them.

Now if this was you... and you had some time off, would you spend it with Joe Shmoe who wanna badger you with alot of innane questions or telling you that your messing up the world (because people gotta blame someone) or would you spend it with other people like you... bussiness moguls and politicos who just need a break.

Which would you rather hear on your day off.. "Your an evil douche who is ruining the world" OR "Hey... if your getting up.. can you grab me another beer, and some more of that pizza with the grilled chicken".

It isnt a hard choice for me. and the only responsibility i have in this world in to my landlord and the 6 disabled men who i tend to. If i was a world leader or a fortune 500 company CEO... i would lock myself away at the grove to howl at the moon and piss on trees for a week or two as well... hell, i do that now.. just not any place so nice as the grove.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Who are these new guys that show up just to defend BG. That in itself seems mildly conspiratorial, if not down right suspicious.

But welcome never the less!!!

A good read about the BG and Skull and Bones and secret societies in general is "Fleshing out the Skull and Bones"

www.fleshingoutskullandbones.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well, Whaaa, I'm not "showing up to defend the BG" (as you've put it) other than to offer that I've been to the Grove and seen with my very own eyes the ceremonies which are so often commented on by folks who've just read about them. In that vein, I suggested an impartial academic's view, in the link previously cited.

Meanwhile, in a four year old thread about the Bohemian Club, you then suggest a book about Skull & Bones at Yale (which sounds interesting) but from my quick scan of the chapters and content seems only to be about S&B and which doesn't have much to do with the Bohemian Club.

Of course there's some crossover -- a few Yale alumni who were Bonesmen as undergraduates and who are now live in California and are members of the BC, but am I missing something, or are you just taking the thread in a new direction?

The two organizations aren't related.

Cheers,
Sandalfon

[edit on 12/19/0808 by Sandalfon]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalfon

Hey man, perhaps you could get me into the BG as a guest, so I could make my own assessment of the goings on at the grove.

And if you don't mind me asking; what is your social position to be allowed in the grove? It's pretty exclusive isn't it?

I guess my main question though is....
Are decisions made at BG by the elite even in "social" gatherings that affect the American taxpaying man in the street; Financially, socially etc?
As a caddy in my youth; I saw deals struck on the golf course everyday that probably should have been public knowledge. Kick backs and nepotism, don't cha know.

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread even though I do think that there is a close association between S&B and BG. They don't callem secret societies for nuthin.

Perhaps I'm just jealous. I would love to party with all the rich and famous folk, but alas, I guess that is the main purpose of the BG; to keep the rabble out.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread even though I do think that there is a close association between S&B and BG. They don't callem secret societies for nuthin.

Perhaps I'm just jealous. I would love to party with all the rich and famous folk, but alas, I guess that is the main purpose of the BG; to keep the rabble out.

So again, Whaaa, let me offer that there's no reason for a "close association" between San Francisco's Bohemian Club (a private men's club that owns a summer retreat called the "Bohemian Grove") and an undergraduate student society at Yale called Skull & Bones which owns its own summer retreat called "Deer Island" in upstate New York.

There are a few Yalies in the Bohemian Club, and a very slight percentage of the Yalies may have been Bonesmen, but I think it's pretty incidental. The vast majority of the Bohemians are old-line Californians, and the dominant universities represented (by their alumni who are members) seem to be Stanford, California, and USC.

Whaaa, for perspective, I'd opine that there's "secret" and there's "private" -- a country club or a membership organization that exists for its members would fall into that latter category. It's easy to lump rarefied organizations together, but they're actually different from each other -- particularly in membership, but truly in tone and focus.

As for your personal experience as a caddy and your perspective that the same thing probably is happening at the Bohemian Club, all I can say is that it's a cherished tradition of the Bohemian Club that people don't talk about business -- the club motto "weaving spiders come not here" -- speaks directly to this, and guests are admonished to adhere to this custom.

Again, in my experience, people seem really focused on camraderie and enjoying each other's company, and taking in the great activities, and telling stories, and drinking. It really is like YMCA camp for wealthy and successful men, but you get a Ramos Gin Fizz in the morning instead of lumpy oatmeal.

Did you have a chance to read the linked article by the UC sociology professor?

Cheers,
Sandalfon

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thanks S. for the link. Very informative. I did'nt finish the article by Prof. Domhoff, but I will.

I also consider myself a Bohemian, artist/craftsman, actor, Blues guitarist/Harp/singer. And most of my friends are Bohemian types but our social events are usually held in some sleezy beer joint and the theatrical productions are usually limited to some drunk mama taking her top off.

Do they play Texas hold em at BG?

[edit on 19-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Whaaa, you're more in the style of the Bohemian Club than you think.

While in later life it's attracted captains of industry, the club was initially created exclusively by avante-garde journalists, who thought there was a lack of art and culture in San Francisco after the gold rush -- and who weren't old-line and well-bred enough to get into San Francisco's elite men's clubs. This offbeat 'bohemian' foundation forms the comic, absurd, and allegorical backbone of many of the BC's traditions that continue today.

The BC still makes its focus on music and art. There is a full symphony orchestra composed entirely of members; a 60-voice chorus; numerous quartet and octet singing groups; a jazz band, and so on. Artists in the club are painters, sculptors, poets, architects, pyrotechnicians, engineers, professional musicians, singers, and so on. (And there are lawyers, doctors, academics, clergy, and businessmen, as well, but they're not the really interesting folks.)

Card games are plentiful, but the time-honored and celebrated pastime at the Grove (besides peeing on trees) is dominoes.

Cheers,
Sandalfon

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It is Dull Care that is the mocking spirit - not nature.

Moloch was depicted in Leviticus as a Bull.

the Owl is the representative of Athena in Greek Mythology and centers around naturalistic Goddess worship.

What you're actually watching is Goddess worship.

That being said, the "pain" associated with the burning is in bad taste, and there is something to be said for throwing all cares away being a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sebatwerk

Wrong, and sorry I'm late in posting.

Our Constitution says that we the People, have the right to know what our leaders say and do on behalf of this nation, every hand they shake, every ear they whisper in, and every toast they make, it IS our business and our DUTY to know. We know for a fact that on several occasions members of these organizations (Trilateral, Council on Foreign Policy, etc) including our elected leaders (from presidents to governors to mayors) have met at this club and discussed information and policy regarding U.S. government and its policies. That is a BIG no no. The affairs of this nation's government belong in Washington, on camera, where the American people can see and listen. NO secrets.

Sure a man can have his separate time, sure he can have his own religion. But as an American, it our job to understand the morale character of the people we elect. If your spare time is spent in rituals trying to get rid of your conscious, then I damn sure want to know about it, and further more, you work for me, Mr. politician, you don't get a secret life, nor does your claim to a privacy grant you the right to behave like a lunatic. There are laws against violence, sex abuse, child molestation, and indecent exposure. If a man is willing to break those laws, then they are undeserving to be the rulers of a free people.

The members of this club, hold your very lives in your hands. Only a complete moron would not want to figure out just what the hell was going on inside that joint. If it's all cool that's fine. If it's all legal, that's fine too. But under suspicion that has now come from several credible sources, it's time to find out just what the hell all this has been about for decades, and to those men that are involved in it, I feel sorry for them when the real truth of it is revealed for how ugly it truly is, and why the altar is separated from the main crowd during the ceremony.

To be complacent in the sacrifice of a living human being, is the ultimate blackmale. In that single act, the scepter of power his given to another weakling puppet, and the act he just took part in makes sure he never opens his mouth.

I am an agnostic. I don't say yay or nay on any god or religion. But I understand the psychological ramifications of what's taking place on that video, and because there is nothing fake about greed, war, and power, NOTHING on that video is fake. You can bank on it and I highly suggest the American people wake up, because these men hold our verry lives in the palm of their hands.

Thank you for reading, and good luck.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join