It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Zelensky suddenly ready for a ceasefire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: putnam6

All this war is doing is lowering the world population..

I'm sure there are many people in the ex-Warsaw Pact countries and former Soviet satellite nations along with those in close proximity to Russia will say there is far, far more to this war than just that.

OK, Freeborn let's talk about that, so after 70 years of NATO are we still fearful of the Russian Bear? So little Estonia is nervous and we have to continue to spend billions on the Ukrainian meat grinder

It's never sound reasoning for a superpower to base its diplomacy solely on the attitudes of a historically oppressed nation(s). Even so first of all

There is no indication Russia has the capabilities to expand MILITARILY beyond Ukraine and America has spent trillions since the 40s to counter just that type of expansion.

and now you are losing faith in the process? Why?

When every indication is if POLAND, GERMANY, FRANCE, and the UK alone were up against Russia they would do even better than Ukraine, theoretically that is deterrent enough, but they won't have to because America is behind them as well.

Could he shoot missiles into those countries sure he could but he can't send troops and occupy territory.

Hell, he can barely hold what he has in Ukraine. NATO article 5

Certainly, Ukraine needs the return of lost territories, and what of Crimea? For there to be real discussions that has to be the baseline starting point. Or are you of the opinion Ukraine needs Crimea as well? its the crown jewel in all of this I don't see Russia leaving it as easily as they can Donesk and Lughansk

Simply Putin might be looking to get his little penis out of the hornet's nest of his SMO, he was able to clean out the Russian prisons and remove military brass and is still standing in front of the Duma. Unless regime change is on the menu (unlikely) what's the point?

edit on 10-10-2024 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6 It’s easier than that.

Russia at one time wanted to be part of NATO.

Secretly of course.

But ya know, Hegelian Dialectic and stuff said nah.

See we (the West) need a bad guy because it’s hard to play world police without the villain.

See.

After the Cold War & the nuclear scare, the MIC needed a boogeyman to get that sweet, sweet taxpayer $.

Fast forward. So then we get 9/11. Onto the ME to fight the baddies there, even though they were C EYE A assets at one time. Fighting Russians actually.

Now we have moved on because, “geopolitical reasons” (except for the radicalized ISIS guy gonna shoot up poll workers, gotta stay scared of those Arabs ya know?).

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Good day....it gets to a point...he's not got much good land/country left.

My perception? He's fighting for land that's been destroyed....like..."Please stop the violence. There is no more Ukraine land to level."

Hey Put? THEN....what's either side got?

Parking lots....

Well thats part of the issue I have no doubt Europe and American interests are salivating at rebuilding Ukraine, you do know Frank Biden does that sort of recovery and rebuild worldwide. No different than Cheney and Haliburton rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan 2.0 and Osama Bin Laden's family construction business rebuilding Afghanistan 1.0

these are pretty much accepted facts.

with wars TPTB make money coming and going

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   

To be fair, this issue has been bipartisan, so all the administrations have seen a threat in some way. Whether that be Russian expansion, or nations under a security umbrella losing confidence and seeking to develop nuclear weapons.

I’m not sure if this would be less of a conflict under Trump, considering a month or two after he said we weren’t doing enough and went so far to imply our drones should be running missions.

Of course, he says he’ll wrap up the war as soon as he wins, and before he even takes office. But the eastern front existed for the whole of his term, and he was the first to provide lethal aid to them.

I don’t think him getting office would make things “worse”, but ultimately we don’t know what he would do, and I think Zelensky has that same apprehension.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Zelensky knows Putin won't go for Ukraines entry into the European Union or a cease fire along current lines without Ukraine formally recognizing a new border.
Putin has banned all publications of any new census data or official population figures. It's gotten so bad Russian front line forces are calling the new conscripts 'meat waves'. Putin doesn't care and now seems happy to keep ploding on regardless.

In a sense, it's a smart move by Zelensky, it will put more pressure on Putin from those in the Kremlin watching their wallets, population and Russian funds slowly shrinking.
edit on k000000Thu, 10 Oct 2024 10:16:31 -05002024kam10America/Chicago by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If true and accurate

looking for more sources.

Here's the first one:
Russia has not received any signals about Kyiv's readiness for a ceasefire.

Says Peskov. I would take his words with a grain of salt. But the article mentions Russia's willingness to go by Instanbul's agreements. Zelensky and Putin were ready to make a deal in April 2022 after Putin's failed attempt to capture Kyiv. The agreements were written down and ready to be signed but the US and UK didn't agree to give security guarantees to Ukraine:

Sourc e: Bne Intellinews

The security guarantees would require both the US and the UK to send troops to Ukraine or create a no fly zone over it if it was attacked. Ukraine's partners didn't want to agree to that, it seems.

Besides, after Russia's failed Kyiv invasion both Zelensky and the West grew confident Russia could be defeated if the West continued sending Ukraine weapons. There was also a problem of Russia demanding a right to veto the help for Ukraine in the case of an attack.

And just recently Putin has announced that he won't be negotiating after Kursk invasion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join