It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Zelensky suddenly ready for a ceasefire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If true and accurate

looking for more sources.

JUST IN: ZELENSKY SUDDENLY READY FOR A CEASEFIRE! - BILD and Italian Newspapers

Ukraine Open to Ceasefire Along Current Front Line, Seeks EU Membership and Security Guarantees www.novinite.com...

Curious timing so close to the election but a ceasefire helps Russia much more than Ukraine, doesn't it?

www.novinite.com...< br />

Kyiv is prepared to agree to a ceasefire along the existing front line, provided it does not involve acknowledging any territorial losses. In return, Ukraine seeks security assurances from the United States and expedited entry into the European Union, according to an article by Corriere della Sera.

As Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky embarks on a European tour with stops in Paris, Rome, and Berlin, he hopes to secure reassurances regarding a swift EU membership for Ukraine. The Italian newspaper noted that Zelensky's recent activities signal his belief that this is an opportune moment to seek a resolution that avoids leaving Ukraine in a weakened position.

September was marked by significant territorial losses for Ukraine, with many Ukrainian troops reportedly surrounded on Russian territory near Kursk and unable to assist in the Donbas region, where they face a manpower disadvantage. The article stated that Zelensky is now focusing on the political front to persuade European leaders of Ukraine's plight.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

So he wants to stop the war, not lose any ground and have fast tracked entry into the EU?

Yeah, he'd probably love to accept those terms.
I doubt vlad would be so accommodating. He's lost way to much to just walk away empty handed.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

No more $ from Biden/Harris?

Trump restarts Burisma investigation?

Putin MIA? Dead man’s switch engaged?

Best acting role ever offered?

Maybe Biden will have more luck than with Israel?

Stay tuned as the American taxpayer could give two rips about the why/how of this saga…..!

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

I think the more likely case is Zelensky doesn’t know what his footing will be after the election, and Trump is favored. This is the last month he has to negotiate with the current posture (Putin will probably read into this too).

Like Blutone, I think EU membership won’t even be humored at the table.

That said, I doubt there would be any investigations no matter who wins, just like the Hillary banter disappeared on election night.

There will be a lot of smack talk, but I’d be shocked if one “swamp” person gets investigated, much less sent to jail.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Speaking of no investigations and Hill-dawg, what happened to the Uranium 1 debacle with Russia?

Oh. All good? Sweet!

See: “What difference does it make?”

Maybe with NK troops found dead in the theatre of battle Kimmy threatened the nuclear option?

All of it is certainly a curiosity, but is it more than political bukkake, er I mean kabuki?

Time will tell. I wish Z-man and Putin would just mud wrestle it out and make up already.

Ya know, before America runs out of hurricanes, er I mean reasons to donate from native funds from our non-existent coffers to foreigners. Domestic and abroad.

Maybe they could have an earthquake in the world’s breadbasket. Does FEMA outsource?

edit on 10-10-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

This could also be zelinski wanting to end the war because he believes trump will be president in January.
Possibly fear of funding being dried up ?

Still not sure if Putin will just take his toys and go home without something other than dead bodies and a crushed military to show for it.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If I remember correctly Zelensky has always been willing to consider a ceasefire. The stumbling block has been Putin's pre-conditions; Ukraine recognises Donetsk and Donbas as either independent or part of Russia - essentially the same thing, concedes Crimea, Ukraine agrees to never join the EU or NATO and one or two others I think.
No doubt he will also add the return of the territory in Kursk currently controlled by Ukraine to his list of pre-conditions.

Those pre-conditions effectively amount to a Ukraine capitulation and that's prior to any actual face-to-face negotiations.

Ukraine would become a Russian vassal state, which has been Putin's goal all along.

But I guess its up to Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Speaking of no investigations and Hill-dawg, what happened to the Uranium 1 debacle with Russia?

Oh. All good? Sweet!

See: “What difference does it make?”

Maybe with NK troops found dead in the theatre of battle Kimmy threatened the nuclear option?

All of it is certainly a curiosity, but is it more than political bukkake, er I mean kabuki?

Time will tell. I wish Z-man and Putin would just mud wrestle it out and make up already.

Ya know, before America runs out of hurricanes, er I mean reasons to donate from native funds from our non-existent coffers to foreigners. Domestic and abroad.

Maybe they could have an earthquake in the world’s breadbasket. Does FEMA outsource?

Yeah, I did hear rumors of North Korean soldiers being offered, it's not too difficult to see a scenario where that addition alone makes the whole situation problematic.

We live in dangerous times, even if it didn't expand do we want to train North Koreans against NATO weapons and military tactics?

but mostly it increases the troop base for the side that already has an overwhelming advantage.

All this war is doing is lowering the world population..

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Zelensky will say anything to keep the money flowing in and perpetuate the war.
He can’t be trusted anymore than that dickhead Putin.
Hopefully Trump told him “the gravy train endeth very soon”.
This Russian land grab has turned into a stupid and completely unnecessary proxy war which nobody outside Ukraine should have been sucked into.
It’s like when your kid turns 18, “you’re on your own, good luck, make good decisions, you’re an adult now”.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

"It’s like when your kid turns 18, “you’re on your own, good luck, make good decisions, you’re an adult now”.

So, applying that logic, would you disband NATO?

And would you not support or help your kid past 18 years?
edit on 10-10-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I mean you ain’t wrong. But the death toll here is like the second appetizer in a 9-course pre-fixe that is just getting started for the eaters, er, um diners of the 21st century.

Wait until Taiwan. That’ll be like the salad/soup course.

And naturally there’s chips and salsa in every country as the manufactured “constraints” of modern life like climate change and uh, fossil fuel usage, and uh, previously unknown patented viruses, and climate change continue to thwart humanity’s greater destiny.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

edit on 10-10-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: Dble!

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"It’s like when your kid turns 18, “you’re on your own, good luck, make good decisions, you’re an adult now”.

Depends.

Is the 18 y.o. paying their fair way or just living in the basement and raiding the fridge at midnight stoned?

Because NATO is like that.

But all his friends live in your house too.

edit on 10-10-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

All this war is doing is lowering the world population..

I'm sure there are many people in the ex-Warsaw Pact countries and former Soviet satellite nations along with those in close proximity to Russia will say there is far, far more to this war than just that.

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
my take: mr Z now fancies himself as a inspired rebuilder and heading up a trillion $ project

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

And would you not support or help your kid past 18 years?

NATO really has no purpose anymore, besides the US subsidizing Europe’s military.

Yes, I absolutely would help my kid.
Ukraine isn’t America’s kid, right?

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

It wasn't my analogy?

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
I mean you ain’t wrong. But the death toll here is like the second appetizer in a 9-course pre-fixe that is just getting started for the eaters, er, um diners of the 21st century.

Wait until Taiwan. That’ll be like the salad/soup course.

And naturally there’s chips and salsa in every country as the manufactured “constraints” of modern life like climate change and uh, fossil fuel usage, and uh, previously unknown patented viruses, and climate change continue to thwart humanity’s greater destiny.

Respectfully just because you got to the restaurant early it doesn't mean other people haven't read the menu and don't know the restaurant's daily specials

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Good day....it gets to a point...he's not got much good land/country left.

My perception? He's fighting for land that's been destroyed....like..."Please stop the violence. There is no more Ukraine land to level."

Hey Put? THEN....what's either side got?

Parking lots....
edit on 10244231America/ChicagoThu, 10 Oct 2024 09:23:42 -050023202400000042 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Fair. I mean I could go all RT and laud the fact that 600k Russians are dead and more will fall.

I get no satisfaction from suffering or death of anyone. Regardless of what others here think. Not my bag.

However.

Leaders willing to farm out their countrymen for land/$?

Yeah, I wouldn’t piss on them to quell the fire.

That goes for any country. Mine at the top of the list.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join