It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA had 20 Billion runs out of funding in the middle of hurricane season

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
How about we not give any money to people who build houses on stilts over water? Or on the side of a cliff? Why are we even allowing them to build there in the first place?

Quit the common sense crap.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Do you have any proof of that?

Read some above references from FEMA 🤣

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

But we “knew” this was gonna happen?

Maybe you didn't but I did or figured it might. As I pointed out in my first post in this threads, these huge amounts of money should have been spent a decade or two ago to help people move to safer regions on the continent.
Better tell the G-men that live under Mt. Weather and the Ozarks for continuity of government.

With such information you possess, they might like to get scootin… Right?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

My point put, is that the entire question of where these funds are going, how much these funds should be, etc are MOOT.
Both parties, hell, all parties should be addressing this now, Helene is not a solo event, the fires in California are not solo events.

I understand your points, I just think the discussion now centering around Helene and how to deal with the aftermath is non-productive, and maybe there can be NO productive discussion at this point, no actions to avoid what is not just coming but already here. The thread you started here has two major topics, one is the absolutely #ed up way those funds are being dispersed and the other part of the story is, as I see it, our slide down the banister of world crushing climate change.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Almost.

The story is climate change is exacerbating these events, or another way, saying so and stating this “fact” helps the running cover for inept agencies when they spend the taxpayer money on things that “aren’t” in their control.

Win-win for the elected party.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Anybody can make hundreds of vague predictions and eventually some will seem to happen without details ahead of time of course. Like race horse touts predicting every horse to win in different forums. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 There's no proof of any climate changes causing increases in storm activity or severity 😁

One can hide behind the thousand monkey's and a thousand typewriters if one wishes.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   

these huge amounts of money should have been spent a decade or two ago to help people move to safer regions on the continent.

so your for herding people up in "safe places", where have i heard that or something very similar before?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Not just those who suffer now, or those who have been suffering from past effects of CC, or those of us who will. We all will be hit by the effects of not only the environmental upheavals but the economic, social, cultural etc, as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Irishhaf

Not just those who suffer now, or those who have been suffering from past effects of CC, or those of us who will. We all will be hit by the effects of not only the environmental upheavals but the economic, social, cultural etc, as well.

Better notify the 40M Californians besides myself and the government that we are all gonna die and we better get to movin somewhere else.

Because the planet goes through geologic, hydrologic, and climate cycles.

As it always has.

In the meantime when the wealthy quit buying beachfronts, maybe then I’ll listen.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Yep. Some of us have been watching them build their shelters and redoubts now for decades and no one needs to tell them when to scoot. Or when to shut up because the longer the public takes to go into complete panic mode the better for them to keep securing their own survival.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Anybody can make hundreds of vague predictions and eventually some will seem to happen without details ahead of time of course. Like race horse touts predicting every horse to win in different forums. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 There's no proof of any climate changes causing increases in storm activity or severity 😁

One can hide behind the thousand monkey's and a thousand typewriters if one wishes.

So clever. I'm choked up and speechless now. 😾

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

Almost.

The story is climate change is exacerbating these events, or another way, saying so and stating this “fact” helps the running cover for inept agencies when they spend the taxpayer money on things that “aren’t” in their control.

Win-win for the elected party.

Yes, I have no squabble with that perspective Steamy. I understand the CC as cover story for grift and corruption yet, as I see it this ''con'' is not just a fictional cover story but the real story. And i guess it matters little to those who grift within it.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   

the fires in California are not solo events.

Well, it seems you've got some catch up reading to do.

It has been 355 days since the deadliest wildfire in California’s history began.

It ignited in the early morning hours of Nov. 8, 2018 and would rage for more than two weeks, devastating the town of Paradise before it was extinguished.

A nearly 100-year-old electrical transmission line owned and operated by Pacific Gas and Electric was identified as the cause of the Camp Fire after an investigation by California’s Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, or Cal Fire. 

Camp Fire was no camp fire

Wildfires have plagued California for years. How often is arson to blame?

Arson from eco terrorists

IN SUMMARY

Californians trigger thousands of wildfires every year with unfortunate choices and sometimes reckless behavior. The Airport Fire, caused by an Orange County crew trying ro prevent wildfires, was one. The Park Fire, ignited by a man pushing a burning car, was another.

People do dangerous things, things that start wildfires. Pushing a burning car into a gully. Mowing the lawn on a hot summer day. Miswiring a hot tub. Driving cars with flat tires. Burning toilet paper rather than packing it out of a campsite. Setting off smoke bombs at gender reveal parties.

lots to read and there is more

From how the wildfires in California get their names to how the forest brush is managed there is much to learn. There are many reasons for the wildfires in California and climate change aint one of them.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

these huge amounts of money should have been spent a decade or two ago to help people move to safer regions on the continent.

so your for herding people up in "safe places", where have i heard that or something very similar before?

My dear Mr. Gato, your mental agility to twist that comment deserves a medal.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Storm front dopped a ton of rain 24-36 hours later a TS arrived..

Thats called nature and sometimes she screws you over.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 11:10 PM
link   

My dear Mr. Gato, your mental agility to twist that comment deserves a medal.

reckon i could go to work for one of the LSM's.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 11:14 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems that the money has been going to the illegals...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join