It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA had 20 Billion runs out of funding in the middle of hurricane season

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
a reply to: putnam6

Easy to rip off Biden-Harris agencies. Wait till the lookback audits occur!
💣

I don't want to. Look what happened in 2001 when they tried to look into the missing Pentagon funds.....

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There needs to be a complete audit of their budget and it should follow every penny.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarantulabite1
I just happen to be reading a article on DEI and FEMA ........interesting read for sure

FEMA’s DEI Crippled Hurricane Helene Response - LINK

FEMA was unprepared for the flooding because under Criswell, a DEI hire whose resume included being “the first woman commissioner of New York City Emergency Management”, the agency had shifted from disaster management to DEI disasters.

Goal 1 of FEMA’s Strategic Plan was to “instill equity as a foundation of emergency management”. FEMA’s Objective 1.1 was also not disaster management, it’s to “cultivate a FEMA that prioritizes and harnesses a diverse workforce”. FEMA’s leadership was required to make its priority “integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion in delivering the agency’s mission.”
Yikes.

If you actually end up reading that article, it sounds like a curious-minded CPA or other financially savvy individual could make the argument (easily) that the government has a codex for spreading aid based on skin color.

So much so that a town that has more melanin per capita literally gets more $ for the disaster experienced vs. a town that might have a different makeup of constituents.

And yet we find ourselves discussing reparations instead.

That read was grotesque by the way.

As in “some people are more equal than others”.

Especilly in times of crises.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

originally posted by: theatreboy

Maybe if they didn't focus on DEI training so much, they would have the money still.

It'd be cheaper if they had permanent camps set up across the country to send people to.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

What climate disasters were they giving funds to?

There was only 1 hurricane before this one and it was only a 3. Maui was 2023, maybe they got allocated funds... But the people haven't seen sh!t.

Me too

Well the irony there is I went to link in the story because I wanted to know as well, it's goes to the NOAA site which happens to be down because it's in Ashville NC.

FEMA site lists(below) and 2 of those are from Helene not to mention Ironic Georgia got, funds for Tropical Storm Debby but have yet to be declared for Helene

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is there an actual breakdown of what the $20 billion has been spent on? Thats quite a chunk of change.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Vermilion

I agree it’s wasteful. But if they didn’t have the courses, are we really to believe they would still have money?

How much did they spend?

I'm more worried about who set up the budget. Epic Fail based on facts at hand.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

originally posted by: tarantulabite1
I just happen to be reading a article on DEI and FEMA ........interesting read for sure

FEMA’s DEI Crippled Hurricane Helene Response - LINK

FEMA was unprepared for the flooding because under Criswell, a DEI hire whose resume included being “the first woman commissioner of New York City Emergency Management”, the agency had shifted from disaster management to DEI disasters.

Goal 1 of FEMA’s Strategic Plan was to “instill equity as a foundation of emergency management”. FEMA’s Objective 1.1 was also not disaster management, it’s to “cultivate a FEMA that prioritizes and harnesses a diverse workforce”. FEMA’s leadership was required to make its priority “integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion in delivering the agency’s mission.”
Yikes.

If you actually end up reading that article, it sounds like a curious-minded CPA or other financially savvy individual could make the argument (easily) that the government has a codex for spreading aid based on skin color.

So much so that a town that has more melanin per capita literally gets more $ for the disaster experienced vs. a town that might have a different makeup of constituents.

And yet we find ourselves discussing reparations instead.

That read was grotesque by the way.

As in “some people are more equal than others”.

Especilly in times of crises.

that's against the law. No way it could be happening. Totally illegal.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   
VP Harris in 2022.

“We have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity,” she said during a discussion with Priyanka Chopra at the Democratic National Committee’s Women’s Leadership Forum on Friday. “If we want people to be in an equal place sometimes we need to take into account those disparities and do that work,” she added.

This is about FEMA assistance. This is how bad DEI has hit the country.

Second, the 'list' of disasters....please. Do you know what FEMA spent the most on?

COVID Preparedness and funding. Take a look at the link....WTF is this?

Link

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
VP Harris in 2022.

“We have to address this in a way that is about giving resources based on equity, understanding that we fight for equality, but we also need to fight for equity,” she said during a discussion with Priyanka Chopra at the Democratic National Committee’s Women’s Leadership Forum on Friday. “If we want people to be in an equal place sometimes we need to take into account those disparities and do that work,” she added.

This is about FEMA assistance. This is how bad DEI has hit the country.

Second, the 'list' of disasters....please. Do you know what FEMA spent the most on?

COVID Preparedness and funding. Take a look at the link....WTF is this?

Link

This is exactly how her “opportunity economy” would be.
Put her racist minions in charge of the federal taxpayer coffers and raid them like there’s no tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My God listen to the double talk mumbo jumbo !! 🤡 The questions are rigged too. 😀

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I call B U L L S H I T!!!!

They are misappropriating that money, it's probably being used to fund illegal aliens and God knows what other evil abomination like child genital mutilation...🤮

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

I call B U L L S H I T!!!!

They are misappropriating that money, it's probably being used to fund illegal aliens and God knows what other evil abomination like child genital mutilation...🤮

Yup

Check out the Biden Harris “Justice40” initiative.

FEMA Announces Programs Included in the Biden-Harris Administration’s Justice40 Initiative to Increase Equity, Community Resilience
www.fema.gov...

Most everybody has probably never heard of it.
It’s taking money from every government agency to distribute it to whomever they deem worthy.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I agree it’s wasteful. But if they didn’t have the courses, are we really to believe they would still have money?

How much did they spend?

I'm more worried about who set up the budget. Epic Fail based on facts at hand.

FEMA has been a notorious s*** show my whole life. So it’s hard to find good grace for them.

But on the flip side, I think one of the root problems is the leadership position has been consistently handed out as a favor after election wins.

This time is tricky too. FEMA is used to dealing with coastal regions for responses like this. A lot of the real damage is in the hollers of the mountains. We just went from boats and trucks to airlifting a lot of the phase one response.

I used to go to Cherokee like every other month when I was a gambling degen. I know those small towns and mountain passes. This is the most unique disaster I’ve seen in my life.

Is there blame to be put on an administration for handing out leadership to a buddy? Absolutely. Sadly, this isn’t the first time our nation has been made aware of that very problem.

I just don’t see this getting fixed as long as it’s politicized for an election season. Notice the talking point isn’t political favor appointees, and instead solely DEI.

I’m all for admitting DEI is a grift and waste of time/resources. But I don’t think that’s the root.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I’m sorry. Maybe I missed something in this thread.

But it feels like FEMA is the absolute worst place to “misallocate” funds and “practice equity” in place of best practices in a timely manner when one of these disasters like Helene happen.

Is this what they learned from Katrina and implemented?

Without using words like “bigoted racist” or “climate denier”, can someone help me identify why the actual F these race charades are in play when people are dying and the government should be on the clock?

ETA: JUST IN! “$750 to folks in immediate need of aid.”says Harris. Now if they could just drive in their cars, or use the internet I’m sure their plight is abated pronto.

edit on 2-10-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The constant harangue over what has happened to the twenty billion.

To me the real issue is why is ANY money going to that area. Monies should have been allocated ten years ago to help people move to other parts of the country AWAY from the hurricane zone. Season after season with lulls here and there the damages from increasingly powerful storms is siphoning resources into a lost cause. The south east has become a huge money pit. It puts me in mind of the ''Swamp King'' in the ''Holy Grail''. We built a castle in the swamp, then it sank into the swamp. So we built another castle and it too sank into the swamp so we built another and it fell over,,,and sank into the swamp.

Not that I am a fan of insurance companies but even they are now, with increasing pompousness, refusing new policies in certain areas. See the picture?

I had to laugh the other day when Trump said something like ''how could any one have predicted the severity of Helene''. Well, many did and they were laughed at. This prediction has been on the books for two decades and scoffed at by those preferring to see these storms as unique, one of a kind monsters. They are not, they are waves within a new pattern and we had better realize it.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
How the Hell do you get Certified as a Culture Diversity Pro ?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

FEMA is another example of how they can weaponize Executive Branch Cabinet Departments, and get away with it ☠️☠️

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Nobody predicted the severity of Helene until after it happened. 🤡

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
The constant harangue over what has happened to the twenty billion.

To me the real issue is why is ANY money going to that area. Monies should have been allocated ten years ago to help people move to other parts of the country AWAY from the hurricane zone. Season after season with lulls here and there the damages from increasingly powerful storms is siphoning resources into a lost cause. The south east has become a huge money pit. It puts me in mind of the ''Swamp King'' in the ''Holy Grail''. We built a castle in the swamp, then it sank into the swamp. So we built another castle and it too sank into the swamp so we built another and it fell over,,,and sank into the swamp.

Not that I am a fan of insurance companies but even they are now, with increasing pompousness, refusing new policies in certain areas. See the picture?

I had to laugh the other day when Trump said something like ''how could any one have predicted the severity of Helene''. Well, many did and they were laughed at. This prediction has been on the books for two decades and scoffed at by those preferring to see these storms as unique, one of a kind monsters. They are not, they are waves within a new pattern and we had better realize it.

Now, now Kamala was in Augusta Georgia today and those who qualify can get a check for $750... Listen to her she could barely say $750 but hey thats 50 bucks more than Maui got

x.com...

comments from Augusta citizens are fire

For perspective they have over 76,000 customers without power till 10/13 it will be 3 weeks by then. Georgia alone has over 200,000 homes and businesses without power, and it is worse farther north.

Guess Who
@RedHeelzz
$750 doesn’t cover a one bedroom extended stay for 2 people for ONE WEEK. These are entire families that were wiped out completely. Not a few shingles on their roofs. Whole structures are gone! Highways are gone! You really think $750 is going to move the needle?

How much money is on those “illegal immigrants” cards you all provided when you bused them over? At best you can treat these AMERICAN CITIZENS equally… Although they deserve way more.

Do BETTER!

edit on 2-10-2024 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join