It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA had 20 Billion runs out of funding in the middle of hurricane season

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Nobody predicted the severity of Helene until after it happened. 🤡

Apparently ''nobody'' you have bothered to listen to. Original climate change predictions have covered what is happening in the South East for decades. And this one, if one wants to treat it like a unique storm or outlier or black swan or whatever, had predictions by several state governments at the same time. Days ahead of time.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: theatreboy

Let's get one thing straight. Communism can go suck a fat one.

Next. Prove that the money being spent on the "frivolous training and programs" at up the $20B in funding.

As for the

everything has to be rebuilt to their standards

Yeah. There are standards for a reason. Because when a natural disaster happens are your house isn't built to those standards. It will get wrecked. I lived in Miami during Hurricane Andrew. All the houses that got destroyed were not built to any sort of code. So today all houses built in south florida have to comply with building codes. So if a hurricane come through they won't be totally destroyed.

I am not talking building code. I am talking all the environmental bs.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So BlackRock drops $90M to secure the lithium, Spruce Pines is the only place in the with quartz pure enough for wafer chips for AI. Tesla has already secured a deal with another company (abermle or something?). The towns and people living there were balking at these deals, and now?! Patents for weather modification and hurricane steering. No $ for US citizens in the midst of a crisis. Oh. Sorry $750 if you can get to it. AND we just sent more $B’s to OTHER countries while being told there is no more for Americans?

Maui was an appetizer (and the waterfront real estate) compared to the devastation they’re watching over. Much hand-wringing, blame-placing, and self-absolving is the game it seems.

I hate this timeline.

But. Thanks for being you guys ATS. I appreciate this little niche gem of the interwebs in times like these…

edit on 2-10-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

originally posted by: xuenchen

Nobody predicted the severity of Helene until after it happened. 🤡

Apparently ''nobody'' you have bothered to listen to. Original climate change predictions have covered what is happening in the South East for decades. And this one, if one wants to treat it like a unique storm or outlier or black swan or whatever, had predictions by several state governments at the same time. Days ahead of time.

And yet FEMA has “run out of money” for the second year in a row. In the middle of hurricane season.

But we “knew” this was gonna happen?

Hmmmmm. Okay.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I consider that an insulting amount. Would it have made a difference to these people if it had been doubled, tripled, quadrupled? Still not nearly enough. Take all the money that has gone to this current wave of migrants and give that amount to these folks who have suffered loses in the SE and still it would not be enough.

How many of the migrants are migrants because of sever hurricanes or fires or earthquakes in their home regions in the last five years, how many are migrants because governments of those areas could not organize and rebuild afterwards but instead became more repressive, how many economies were ruined by the pressures of this modern world.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wait a minute the 20 billion already spent, was for major disasters alone, FEMA'S total budget for 2024

30.224 Billion dollars for FEMA total budget unless Im reading this wrong, if not WOW

www.dhs.gov...

See new posts
Conversation
DC_Draino
@DC_Draino
Did you know FEMA spent almost $1 billion housing illegal aliens?

How is that even legal?!

Especially when we don’t have enough money to help American citizens in North Carolina?!

SHUT IT DOWN
cat
@CatImcat
·
6h
Replying to @TheInsiderPaper
FEMA spent $941 million in 2023-2024 on housing illegal immigrants

edit on 2-10-2024 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Maybe you didn't but I did or figured it might. As I pointed out in my first post in this threads, these huge amounts of money should have been spent a decade or two ago to help people move to safer regions on the continent.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   

So you are blaming DEI hires for natural disasters that used up $20B in moneys allocated to FEMA

a reply to: grey580

Department of Homeland Security Announces $300 Million in Direct Funding to Communities Receiving Migrants and $340 Million for a New Competitive Awards Process

Today’s announcement responds to feedback from recipients in terms of providing additional flexibilities and an opportunity for new recipients through the competitive program, while continuing to require budget submissions and review prior to releasing funds, which is standard practice at FEMA. 

here is where some of the money went

edit on 2-10-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Maybe you didn't but I did or figured it might. As I pointed out in my first post in this threads, these huge amounts of money should have been spent a decade or two ago to help people move to safer regions on the continent.

LOL

FEMA spent 941 million in 2023 and 24 on housing illegal immigrants but yeah you answer move everybody out of harm's way, that's from the tax money including the counties in your danger zone.True or false

What about wildfires thats a climate disasters are we going move those counties too?

American taxes fund FEMA just fine for domestic natural disasters, hell we were lucky Hurricane season wasn't as active

again here's the list and poof 20 billion is gone, and BTW its not just the severity, it's everything cost more, you know for the build back better bullchit

See new posts
Conversation
DC_Draino
@DC_Draino
Did you know FEMA spent almost $1 billion housing illegal aliens?

How is that even legal?!

Especially when we don’t have enough money to help American citizens in North Carolina?!

SHUT IT DOWN
cat
@CatImcat
·
6h
Replying to @TheInsiderPaper
FEMA spent $941 million in 2023-2024 on housing illegal immigrants

edit on 2-10-2024 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Anybody can make hundreds of vague predictions and eventually some will seem to happen without details ahead of time of course. Like race horse touts predicting every horse to win in different forums. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 There's no proof of any climate changes causing increases in storm activity or severity 😁

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Do you have any proof of that?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   

help people move to safer regions on the continent.

The Appalachians arent safe because of climate change?

Seriously thats what your going to roll with for the sake of Muh climate change?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I guess because you saw it on the internet it must be true.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I'm not sure if you're old enough to remember acid rain. But yeah, that environmental bs is there to keep us safe and healthy. Unless you want to live in a craphole like Shanxi China with runaway pollution and your kids being born with birth defects. lakes that you can't fish in. air you can't breathe etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So The Biden Democrat Administration Castration gets caught yet again diverting and stealing big tax money and we still see mass efforts to deflect and defend this criminal theft Treasury Looting. WTF is wrong????? 🤣🤣

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Good catch.

However on the topic of immigration and border control. If Republicans really want to reform the laws that allow immigrants into this country. Why don't they introduce bills to reform existing laws?

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Good catch.

However on the topic of immigration and border control. If Republicans really want to reform the laws that allow immigrants into this country. Why don't they introduce bills to reform existing laws?

Two things, to stay on topic I will first say it seems like FEMA and other agencies under the Biden/Harris administration are trying to spend as much money as possible, finding ways to support illegal immigration, DEI, transgender issues and destroying our culture, in what seems to be an effort to weaken our nation and deplete our treasury and resources.
Secondly as it relates to republicans, they are generally weak and spineless and give in to democrat intimidation. I support the MAGA movement because it should always be America and Americans first and foremost.
edit on 2-10-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Pollution is easy to prove, and it's a false equivalency to compare it to the climate change THEORY BS that can't be proven.

false dichotomy = dichotomy 🤩 🔐

posted on Oct, 2 2024 @ 09:12 PM
link   

They did and it got shot down by loon Democrats. 😬

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join