It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ATS Account just got hacked

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: some_stupid_name

originally posted by: Freeborn
No comment from Mods or Admins?

I think they may be spooked, someone whom I do believe has no official degree in law went on a rant of criminal liability of the mods for continuing to mod a site with no real admin.

The mods have told you for the past year that the site is compromised, that they have only mod panel access, and that the admin jumped ship. Not sure what further insight anybody might be looking for on that front.

The mods are well aware I'm not a lawyer, nor have I ever claimed to be.

I don't dance around the truth when I think people may be at risk, but I also didn't tell anyone to panic.

I'm sure all the ATS legal scholars that are wrong nine times for every ten posts they make will have a different take on it. I'm not really worried about it. There's ample precedent for people getting into legal quagmires for stuff that they have no real control over. There are people in jail for writing benign computer code, for making memes, for protecting sources, and for any number of things that aren't crimes in free countries.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksihkahe

originally posted by: some_stupid_name

originally posted by: Freeborn
No comment from Mods or Admins?

I think they may be spooked, someone whom I do believe has no official degree in law went on a rant of criminal liability of the mods for continuing to mod a site with no real admin.

The mods have told you for the past year that the site is compromised, that they have only mod panel access, and that the admin jumped ship. Not sure what further insight anybody might be looking for on that front.

The mods are well aware I'm not a lawyer, nor have I ever claimed to be.

I don't dance around the truth when I think people may be at risk, but I also didn't tell anyone to panic.

I'm sure all the ATS legal scholars that are wrong nine times for every ten posts they make will have a different take on it. I'm not really worried about it. There's ample precedent for people getting into legal quagmires for stuff that they have no real control over. There are people in jail for writing benign computer code, for making memes, for protecting sources, and for any number of things that aren't crimes in free countries.

I'm aware of the compromised nature of this site. Someone asked why mods haven't made a statement as they normally do when things like this happen. I merely speculated as to reason why they haven't.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ksihkahe

Carpy's a lawyer, I bet he could find it in his black heart to point out where they are wrong/right

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
If you go back one page he did make a comment. But as ksihkahe pointed out people are getting put away for things that you wouldn't think they could be put away for.
edit on 1-10-2024 by some_stupid_name because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

yeah it's done it now about four times, it's not constant kinda come and goes. i know it's happening when i type and nothing shows up at first, then it does. first i thought it was batteries in the keyboard. put new batteries in and it still did the same thing., opened task manger and that's when i noticed it.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Certainly. For a fee that would make you fall over.....

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

yeah it's done it now about four times, it's not constant kinda come and goes. i know it's happening when i type and nothing shows up at first, then it does. first i thought it was batteries in the keyboard. put new batteries in and it still did the same thing., opened task manger and that's when i noticed it.

It would be interesting to know the level of access needed to do this.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

i'm not sure if it can be, was just wondering. but to tell you the truth it wouldn't surprise me if the figured a way to piggy back on the adds.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I can't see any reason for any criminal liability but I'd draw folks' attention to the disclaimer at paragraph 7 of the site's T&C's.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How do you get rid of this repulsive avatar?

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

In your account settings. You will need to have a pic uploaded though.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'm on my phone and can't see avatars - what is it?

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Hammer and sickle

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

They got you too, ol' carpy.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Here's a link to how to change your avatar if you need a reminder...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Here's a link to how to change your avatar if you need a reminder...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Won't uploading a new avatar open a gateway back to the PC?

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Elevated one fixed mine.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I just checked my email and I have an invitation to join the discord. Could this have been an attempt to get more members to go over there? Some inactive mod that still has mod access doing some gorilla advertising?

Just speculating here.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Do you still have you ols one in your ATS folder?

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Elevated one fixed mine.

No....Your's is still here.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join