It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ATS Account just got hacked

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: AlroyFarms

one of the best sandler movies ever.

Or could be our troll is a Carpenters fan?

edit on 1-10-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 01:50 AM
link   

that would be sad, not that they weren't talented just to much like the captain & tennille. me and my brothers hated that stuff and would beg our mom to change the station when in the car with her to some kick ass rock and roll.

edit on 1-10-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

that would be sad

I know haha!

But it was the first thing I thought of upon seeing my new signature banner.

Make sure you check WeMustCare's sig line if you haven't noticed it yet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 02:39 AM
link   
test icles

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Euuuuuww, I got the red spinney thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Just gonna have to endure for the moment

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My sylent6 account got hacked a couple years ago. I thought, ATS says there's no record for it, I can still pull up old threads. I'm hoping one day I can get it back.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Ditto!! Why did it change?

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlroyFarms
Interesting..

I wonder what correlation there is from members who've been hacked vs. not hacked (yet.)

If any.

Are you guys able to change your avatars back?

It seems to be members of long standing and 'original' folk from before 'the crash' ???
I noticed I'd been logged out this morning, but thankfully same password and no changes, so I'm assuming I'm unimportant enough to have been ignored!🤣

...it does feel a bit like sailing on a lboat with a leak, but resin and glass fibre is running out now!😱

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

Honestly, looks to me like they just went to the recent threads page and started targeting online members. What better way to gain traction than to troll active members?

I saw no obvious "targeting" or "singling-out" of any members.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Oh that sounds better than a personalised attack at least!
So do you think it's maybe just poor passwords being easily hacked, and the victims were just randomly chosen from 'recent posts' ??

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 03:49 AM
link   

If you want my assessment, I'd say it was some harmless trolling. They didn't post anything over the top or nasty. If you read through this thread you'll notice there was some lighthearted sharing of our account changes and updates happening in real time.

They didn't seem to target anyone based on stats or political leanings etc. They seemed to just start with currently online members, then used this thread as a flytrap to mess with anybody new posting in this thread. I then noticed they went down the recent threads list and started altering offline members. No rhyme or reason other than who was a convenient bystander.

The only thing I've seen so far has been alterations to avatar, signature line, and profile details. No actual posts were edited to misrepresent anyone. However, there is now an ad on the homepage? Which I don't think has been there for years. So something got rolled back...

My PC didn't detect anything malicious, nor does my email account tied to this site appear to be compromised. Recall though a few members did mention ATS was eating up their CPU a few days ago? Related or not I don't know.

One of the signature line updates did say they were accessing the admin account and were just playing around before "pulling the plug." You can see this on WeMustCare's signature line:

Let's face it, the site is a security risk full of vulnerabilities and there is no ownership or support stepping in. Remember, the mods that are around are totally voluntary and have little ability to do much but continue to volunteer their time to moderating the site.

It seemed like harmless pranking so far, but that remains to be seen...there was a period of about 10 minutes where nothing was loading at all. I assumed it was a DDOS attack or something, as cloudflare said ATS was down.

Remember, consider all your information you post on this site possibly compromised. Private Messages are not private, as the troll used me to demonstrate earlier.

Be cautious and safe! As my most recent signature alteration has been made to say, the troll may just be getting started.

Oh, and if any stragglers are interested, here is a permanent working link to the Official ATS Discord Server "The Phantom Zone."

discord.gg...

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Thanks for your informative perspective on the current state of play!

...I've NEVER trusted the message system here lol, noticed a few times that my own 'sent and received' have been deleted a few times...thought I was was losing my mind at first, but figured a malicious 3rd party was way more likely!
I'll check out the Discord now thanks!

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   
No comment from Mods or Admins?

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Considering the hammer and sickle.

I am apt to ponder if one of our misguided Russian cousins is responsible?

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

From what i can tell the majority of mods still left standing are from across the pond.

I dont think a lot of them will be up yet mate.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Can we please not mess with me?

I'm just a Blue Oyster Cult fan, former beer loving alien.

Me too!

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   

...it does feel a bit like sailing on a lboat with a leak, but resin and glass fibre is running out now!

Has Darko finally sobered up enough to make it out of his cabin yet? Got someone else in command? Either way, ship not dead yet. Nice introduction with a bit of trolling. Got the sending email thing to fix if you want to grow the site.

Otherwise, you know what you need to do to sink it. I know the moderation is tough with some of the topics and passions that go around on different issues. Not always easy keeping the discussion on topic and the personal attacks out. As a place for free speech, it has done a lot better than many other sites around.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
This asshole is actively changing sh!t right now

He just changed my footer.

Hopefully he can work a lottle majic so that new members get their password email and enter the fold.

Have no idea id I’ve been hacked.

posted on Oct, 1 2024 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Such a weird hack this time? Before it seemed like a*sholes being a*sholes, this time it seems more targeted?

edit on 1-10-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join