It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take your lies and your vegan lifestyle and bugger off.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Now I couldn't normally care a jot what a vegan does or doesn't do but it annoys me when they are allowed to lie and obfuscate to make a point.
Like hgere in this Graun article Graun

Look at the headline.
‘You can’t build muscle as a vegan’ – and 13 other plant-based myths, busted
Then the first article
You can’t build muscle on a vegan diet
FALSE
While plenty of vegan athletes and bodybuilders share their diets online, some elite sports people find they need to add animal products to their previously strict plant-based regimes. Venus Williams calls herself a “chegan” (cheating vegan) and Novak Djokovic reportedly started eating fish to help his muscles recover after elbow surgery.

“Protein is something vegans need to think about” says Reena Sharma, AKA the Vegan Dietitian, who has been vegan for six years. “But most people in the west, vegan or not, exceed their protein requirements anyway.” Plant-based foods don’t usually contain all nine essential amino acids – the building blocks for muscle growth, which also play a role in immune, digestion, hormone and neurological systems. “But combined with other plant foods – like a peanut butter sandwich or hummus with pitta – they can.”

Now right there, it contradicts the sub heading in the meat of the piece. How can you say something is false and use people who are not wholly vegan to bolster your case.

They go on and get worse, with their yeah but rubbish when it comes to cats being obligate carnivores and their "Vegan Leather" which is usually just PVC.

I know I only read it because it is free but damn, if I had paid for this I would want my money back.

I guess this is the logical conclusion of believing a man is a woman if he says he is and vice versa.
edit on thpSat, 28 Sep 2024 04:46:20 -050020242024-09-28T04:46:20-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Addendum

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

There are vegan athletes and bodybuilders.

Any of them actually any good?

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

well why not use them as examples, rather than people who are not vegan?
Honestly going through that article makes me think it was written buy some idiot teen with a comprehension problem.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I would not have a clue who to use as an example for a start SprocketUK.

The article, to me, seems pretty biased.

And going by the artwork and simplistic illustration, possibly aimed towards children.

Suppose that could be the reason it also sounds like it was written by an adolescent vegan.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Its the self contradiction and lies all the way through it that gets me, like saying veganism does no harm to kids then going on to point out they have lower bone density are 3 to 4 inches shorter than their peers and usually have B12 deficiencies...how are those not signs of harm?

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Cows eat grass and get some big muscles, can be done. As for trying to maximize ones potential you are going to have to do better than expecting the media to give you all the answers.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

Cows eat grass and get some big muscles, can be done.

People are not cows through kwaka.

Humans are omnivores, meaning they have evolved to eat both plants and animals.

I would imagine a balanced health diet that encompasses both meat/fish and vegetables to be the best bet.

Then again ile eat just about anything as long as it's not an egg.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Humans are omnivore

The vegans ain't. Does not kill them not eating meat. Not sure on what the long term data is. If you are going to the gym or working hard, raw eggs is my best tip.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
Cows eat grass and get some big muscles, can be done. As for trying to maximize ones potential you are going to have to do better than expecting the media to give you all the answers.

Or any of the answers it seems and yes I am aware that things like gorillas are veggie and muscly too but this article inflamed my temper by saying humans could build muscle on a vegan diet and then going on to give examples of non vegan humans as though that was any proof at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Oh, they are still omnivores, they can't change evolution.

They simply choose not to eat meat.

It's a choice, not a condition.

As to eggs, can't do them, i dont mind them in things.

And ile even eat an Omelette, but fried, poached, scrambled......or raw, gez me the boak.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   

this article inflamed my temper by saying humans could build muscle on a vegan diet and then going on to give examples of non vegan humans as though that was any proof at all.

Well done in picking out the media BS. It is a frustrating position to see just how much they twist and deceive at times. Like any other system in this world, it is only as good as the people involved. Sometimes they get things right, sometimes other agendas are in play, other times people just screw up.

I know it hurts having to engage ones brain at times as so much of what we once believed in just falls apart. It is good too see there is still some hope for you in navigating the information wars going on.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Its insulting, is what it is, like they expect us, the readers to be so lacking that we will just swallow their BS.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Not sure about any of that mate but have you ever met a vegan who isn't boring?
The one's I've met are incredibly dull and serious, certainly not good company in the pub.

I'm sure there are some, possibly even many, just I haven't met any.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Its insulting, is what it is,

Lol. You have been on ATS for this long and only get it now. God bless you.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

well why not use them as examples, rather than people who are not vegan?
Honestly going through that article makes me think it was written buy some idiot teen with a comprehension problem.

Didnt know Kamala wrote articles.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Maybe Im just having a bad day

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Nope.

And why do they always have to tell you they are Vegan ffs?

If I'm honest most vegans i know fall into the skinny malinky long legs box.

Or could at least be doing with a bucket load of vitamin D.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Well, at least she can do actual words.

I know Kamala has spoken on a number of issues relating to animals and the environment, but shes willing to shoot burglars, which would be a form of red meat would it not?

Its a bit early for American politics all the same.

Then again just like vegans, each to their own i suppose.
edit on 28-9-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Not sure about any of that mate but have you ever met a vegan who isn't boring?
The one's I've met are incredibly dull and serious, certainly not good company in the pub.

I'm sure there are some, possibly even many, just I haven't met any.

I used to sit next to one at work.
Sound lad and a good laugh.
He used to bake vegan cakes etc and one year made some biscuits for my dog which she adored.
He never used to go round preaching and stuff, quite an outlier for the vegan community if I am honest.

posted on Sep, 28 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   

And why do they always have to tell you they are Vegan ffs?

Nearly always their opening line which just sets the tone for the rest of the conversation etc.
I have developed the habit of cutting them off short by saying 'I'm not' then excusing myself with some lame excuse like I need to go to the loo, for a smoke or even the bar when its not my round! Anything to escape them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join