It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There would be no political madness, if We the People know the Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Since our education system doesn't teach this any more, like it should. I will post selections of quotes, that pertains to freedom and keeping it.

We the People, do not consent. We the People, are free.

The only means of establishing and perpetuating our republican forms of government is the universal education of our youth in the principles of Christianity by means of the Bible.
Benjamin Rush
Benjamin Rush (1806). “Essays, Literary, Moral and Philosophical ...”, p.112

To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our choice between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy. —Thomas Jefferson. Good Intentions

“A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.” – John Adams “…Cities may be rebuilt, and a People reduced to Poverty, may acquire fresh Property: But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored.

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all.

Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual… Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us.

If the citizens neglect their duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted . . . . If a
Republican government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the Divine commands, and elect bad men to make and administer the laws.

The courage of these men to risk everything for their ideals! If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.

Founding Fathers quotes;

These words are not hollow, they ring with the echo of time.
They ring with a truth unheard in todays society.
Those words, should be heard and taught in every school.

We the People, do not consent.

United We Stand, The Rest Is, Not An Option!

edit on 19-9-2024 by ADVISOR because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I too think there is nothing wrong with tinkling on trees.

Albeit peacefully.

But I mean, when ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

edit on 19-9-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

If they knew the truth of their servitude it would be civil madness... Oh wait, seems like truth is already knocking on the door. Insted of opening and acknowledge it everyone seems to hide in their respective echo chambers, slowly but surely going mad...

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There would be no political madness if people stopped listening to politicians

I don’t listen to them and there’s no madness from them in my life , there ALL ‘Barclays bankers’

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

As long as we have so much food that we need to take drugs not to get fat and we have electricity to power our devices, we don’t care. If you really cared, you’d be doing something drastic, like living like the Amish or off grid. Some of the people that don’t care like to fight with other people that don’t really care and call it caring.

I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn’t know what to do if I caught one, you know, I just do…things.-Joker

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

think i misunderstood the OP the first read some. so i deleted the post
edit on 19-9-2024 by BigJohnTally because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

We the People, are free.

No we aren't.
And this is a misquote. see:Spurious Quotes

That Benjamin Rush quote is rich, from the guy who advocated bleeding and mercury to cure yellow fever.

The only means of establishing and perpetuating our republican forms of government is the universal education of our youth in the principles of Christianity by means of the Bible.

So I accidently read the Bible:

Romans 13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Seems to me that Bible Christianity would place the founding fathers in hell, since they rebelled against King George III.
edit on 19-9-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

A couple of questions come to mind.

1) How can we all be totally free to do whatever we individually want and at the same time all be united in a single purpose?

Seems like an oxymoron.

The specific case that comes to mind from your selection of quotes is: "What if I want to be free to not be a Christian"? Are you going to send out the morality police to beat me and drag me to worship like they do in Islamic countries?

2) Suppose we identify some goals that unite us. For example, in the 1800s the population of the US seemed united around the idea of manifest destiny--which meant we gringos were supposed to occupy the entire continent from the Atlantic to the Pacific. That required Thomas Jefferson to make the Louisiana purchase from France and then for the US to defeat Mexico in the Mexican-American war and acquire Texas via the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo and then purchase the territory that eventually became the states of California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. How do you mobilize the resources to do that? You're certainly not going to do it by volunteer labor on the weekends or by holding bake sales. You need to have a budget to buy land, raise an army, build forts, displace or massacre the indigenous residents, build roads, railroads, telegraphs, etc., etc. How are you going to do that without incurring some public indebtedness?

My basic point is that unity of purpose of the nation and individual freedoms are intrinsically at odds with each other in a zero-sum trade. The more of one you have, the less of the other. And the trade between those two becomes different with time and with the size of the population. The freedom to dump industrial waste into the waterways might be tolerable when the population is 20 million but not when the population is 350 million.

The never-ending process to work out all the details of those trades between individual freedom and social unity is what you call "Political Madness". It's baked in.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Seems to me that Bible Christianity would place the founding fathers in hell, since they rebelled against King George III.

Seems to me Christ is King, therefore Georgie should kick rocks.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yea, major problem though.........the majority of Americans aren't Christian.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

There is no societal unity.......that ship sailed long ago. There probably never will be again any societal unity and the Marxist Left has efectively tribalized the US.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

A couple of questions come to mind.

1) How can we all be totally free to do whatever we individually want and at the same time all be united in a single purpose?

We can’t.

I break it down to a family of 5.

2 parents — 3 kids various ages. The basics: everyone gets housed, clothed, and fed. Rules are set up. Some apply equally. Some apply by age and responsible ability.

You can’t have a free-for-all.

Those who say freedom is everyone doing what they want is crazy.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cvastar

Marxist Left has efectively tribalized the US.

And the fascist right was playing along like fools...

See how tribalism works?

Job well done

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

In a country without borders, Tribalism is probably a natural development........it works better than anything else does.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Cvastar

tell me you gobble up right-wing propaganda without telling me you gobble up right wing propaganda...

The border is the reason for political bipartisan tribalism? Uhmmm yeah sure.
If only there where more reasons to blame but alas each echo chamber has only so many approved talking points.

Being played like a fiddle by their respective media outlets is much closer to your actual problems...

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I think this is wisely spoken. As I understand it it's not a denigrating perspective but rather an acknowledgement of natural limitations.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I used to love quotes. Quotes made be historically great people, people who historical fan clubs tell us to pay attention to. That for me has changed. I would hear a quote from someone I had never heard of and say'' ah ha, this cat must really be smart and hold a perspective I should use to help guide myself though life. So I would hold them up. Then years later I would hear something else from them and think ''what the hell? That's stupid''

Now I find that quotes are a dime a dozen. Not only are they so very very abundant, there are also so many of them that out of say a thousand quotes by famous people, many lists can be made to promote many agendas.

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AcrobaticDreams1

Some of the people that don’t care like to fight with other people that don’t really care and call it caring.

Now THAT is a quote worth remembering.

:idea

edit. Can I please rent it from you for a nickel?

edit on 755079122024Sep2024-09-19T12:07:50-05:001220242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

edit on 757109122024Sep2024-09-19T12:10:11-05:001220242024 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2
There would be no political madness if people stopped listening to politicians

I don’t listen to them and there’s no madness from them in my life , there ALL ‘Barclays bankers’
This. The so called 'Democrats' and 'Republicans' are both two sides of the same coin. They only serve themselves, and the rest of the 1%.
They are puppeteers and so many of us 99% are blind and being controlled by this theater.

top topics

join