It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Donald J Trump is a threat to Democracy and Normal Feedoms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: rigel4

His defenders, however, argue that his anti-establishment style is a necessary challenge to entrenched political interests

I agree with them. Except that they have accepted a narcissistic imbecile to spearhead that challenge.

Maybe that says something about the quality of those arguments.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   

but we all know the real reason, he's a threat to the power players in dc and is gonna take money out of theirs and the other non governmental peoples pockets they are in cahoots with and jail time for them when he starts draining the swamp again.

fear makes people say and do strange things like maybe trying to bust orange mans melon twice inside of 3 months.

edit on 17-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Can you imagine being so ideologically captured that you would defend a regime that argued in Federal Court that your thoughts are "Cognitive Infrastructure" that they should be allowed to regulate?

Missouri V Biden

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

That's pretty much what Liberals do. They make accusations and then when faced with a counter argument, they claim to be a victim and run away.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Maybe Cheap Trick was on to something

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

no not really.
i'm surprised there was no mention or threats of reeducation camps, with that Cognitive Infrastructure crap.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Please stick to the debunking my points and not trying to trash me for a change

David64 destroyed/debunked your entire OP with facts and truths in record time.

Your entire OP reads like it was written by Rachel Maddow or Joy Reid, 2 of the biggest Trump butt hurt Liberals out there...almost as big as you.

When Trump wins, you are gonna need medicated electro shock therapy and I can't wait to see it.

Edit - Dandandat3 just put a flamethrower on your already steaming pile of feces OP as well.

Facts are a real bitch to Liberals and foreigners that are extremely butt hurt over American politics.
edit on 17-9-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Typical Liberal response. Blame the other side for what you're doing....and before you answer, don't bother. You're too far gone to have an intelligent conversation with.

I think we need a different term for transatlantic TDS

I'll go with DKS -

Don't Know Sh!t

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   

1. Undermining Trust in Democratic Institutions
Trump has repeatedly cast doubt on the legitimacy of democratic institutions like the electoral system

Clinton opens door to questioning legitimacy of 2016 election - cnn

2. Encouragement of Authoritarianism
Some argue that Trump's behavior aligns more with authoritarian tendencies than democratic leadership.

Democrats try to block Green Party from presidential ballot in Wisconsin - AP

3. Attacks on the Press
Trump frequently labelled the media as "the enemy of the people"

Committee to Protect Journalists issues scathing report on Obama administration - The Guardian

4. Subversion of Rule of Law
Critics claim that Trump often disregarded the rule of law, using the presidency to protect allies and target political enemies.

National security experts criticize Biden’s handling of classified documents - NBC

5. Incitement of Political Violence
Trump has been accused of inciting political violence, most notably through his role in the January 6, 2021 Capitol insurrection

Waters calls for protesters to 'get more confrontational' if no guilty verdict is reached in Derek Chauvin trial - CNN

6. Polarisation and Division
Under Trump's leadership, political polarisation in the U.S. reached unprecedented levels.

Biden Likens MAGA Movement to Segregationists in Speech to NAACP
- Time

7. Disregard for Norms and Traditions
While not all political norms are legally binding, they are essential for the smooth functioning of democracy.

Democrats to introduce bill to expand Supreme Court from 9 to 13 justices NBC

Please stick to the debunking my points

Your Welcome

Trump is a politician just like the rest of them. You give him to much power over your life.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I think​ you are on to something there. Could this be another clue?

Being in need of being wanted and needed seems to be something the Democrats suffer from too much.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Thanks for limiting your response to only one example per point. This thread would be massive if you listed them all.

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

What about all the government proven lies and cheat schemes and proven hoaxes (like The Russian Hoax)? 🤣

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   

My thoughts on your list. No bashing. Just my honest opinions. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, a debunking point by point.

1. Many people, if not most already doubted the legitimacy of democratic institutions like the electoral system, the judiciary, and the media. It's something we've all felt was happening to some extent but it feels and appears to have amped up in the last eight years. So to say claims of widespread voter fraud, especially following the 2020 presidential election, are baseless, comes off as nothing more than cheaters trying to cover their ass. Trump didn't erode the trust in these institutions. That trust was already gone or waning. He stands up to them to strengthen the foundations of democracy. He's doing what we all (or at least most) wished we could do, or hoped someone would do.

2. As to praising authoritarian leaders, I would have to go back and see exactly what he said and in what context. But the thought of that doesn't strike me as concerning because it could just be optics. Politeness. Not necessarily the kind of admiration one shows when inspired by someone. Or there could be things he does like about those leaders, but that does not mean he likes everything about them. Or condones how they run their countries. It would be foolish to think he should just get in their faces and talk # or storm their countries. The world stage is complex as are the world's issues.

How many are dead now because someone lied about weapons of mass destruction?

As to Trump's refusal to commit to a peaceful transfer of power during the 2020 election, see #1.

3. Let's not pretend that any of us here believe the MSM is above board, full of journalistic integrity. This is just like point number one. Trump has no problem calling them out. Just like those claiming questioning election results is a threat to the foundations of democracy, we will be told calling out the MSM is a threat to a free and independent press, a cornerstone to democracy.

Tell me without lying that a free and independent press means pre approved questions, pre approved reporters, favoritism towards one side versus the other (ex ABC whistleblower), burying important stories, etc. etc. and the beat goes on.

4. Trump attempting to "drain the swamp" and go after those that went after him first. Who spied on who? Who made up lies about Trump and Russia? Who was looking into the Biden's very clear ties with Ukraine and when is the last time you heard the "free and independent" press talk about everything that's come out investigating those connections?

When did Trump destroy hard drives or delete emails? How many Trump chefs are dead now? Lol.

Former Harris-Biden staffer Kate Bedingfield: Democrats should "turn their fire on Donald Trump."

Rick Wilson, The Lincoln Project: "They're still going to have to go out and put a bullet in Donald Trump."

Rep. Stacey Plaskett: Trump "needs to be shot."

Rep. Dan Goldman: "He is destructive to our democracy and ... he has to be eliminated."

Joe Biden: "It's time to put Trump in a bullseye."

Kamala Harris: "Does one of us have to come out alive? Ha ha ha ha!"

And after the second assassination attempt:

Phil Bump, The Washington Post: "Another chance for Trump to frame Democrats as dangerous has emerged."

www.donaldjtrump.com...

Here is the Evidence

6. Does Trump's rhetoric frequently demonize opponents? Or is that projection? Or him standing up to their rhetoric. Some of that rhetoric I have already quoted and linked. Let me know when Trump puts a hit or two out on his opponents.

7. I would argue as you said, that his anti-establishment style is a necessary challenge to entrenched political interests and that criticisms are exaggerated or politically motivated.

ETA:

At the end of the day, I see a plethora of people in power known to be corrupt, working in a corrupted system, getting away with all sorts of things, and you know what? The fact that they are going after Trump so god damned hard is enough for me to believe he is a threat to them, not me.

And in fact, it seems so clear to me, that I'm going to vote for the first time in my life. Because they hate him so much and I see through their #. I never voted before because I believed they ALL were in on it, NWO Illuminati style. I grew out of that mindset but even though it still lingers as a "what if", it seems like there may actually be some hope.

Or I've finally been brainwashed by the NWO and they've won. Lol. Cheers.

edit on 9-17-2024 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So a guy that doesn’t trust government alphabet agencies and a fight the establishment/powers that be attitude…

🤔 hmmm

Can’t imagine why people might favor someone like that..🤷‍♂️

I am all for a shakeup in the so called "Swamp",

An example of going way to far is " They are eating the dogs"...............

Now that statement by Trump and peddled on by Vance has caused real harm in Springfield.
Bomb threats, evacuations , all chaotic things that should not be part of any candidates rhetoric.

If you are a Leftist the truth will cause harm. This is the way.

Kamala Harris is despicable.

The media is despicable.

Kamala Harris was laughing as Springfield Ohio residents are in tears that they don’t feel safe in their city.

@ABC
you are despicable.

There’s a video that you should watch in the link.

x.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Whupped em again Josey!

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think my entire post above is pure projection !

Fixed it for you...your welcome...

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:31 PM
link   

#8 This thread?

Turned society into this thread being par-for-the-Trump- International-Golf-Course. Just toss compassion in the trash since Brianna wants a dick and Haitians are eating kittens. It's all part of the invasive progressive attempt to destroy social virtue - and change it - having nothing to do with the death throes of perennially instilled collective phobias.

Turned out to be a rather painful bandaid.

•His childish refusal to hear the word "no" has become a cultural virtue.
• Never admitting fault is acceptable now.
• seeing the other side is unnecessary.
• Deception is noble if your idea it's retribution is strong enough.
• Never giving even one concession to your opponent is now diplomacy.
• Always being right, no matter the situation, is unifying.
• Bullheaded belligerence is encouraged.

His danger is that he either gets people to parrot his victim card and share his self-righteous approach or rally against his attempted victimhood and focus primarily on getting rid of him - righteously. He inserted himself at the center of an already contentious culture war, without anywhere near the tact of Lincoln.

He's either Reagan or Hitler, with very few in the center part of that spectrum.

#8 continued...

His CHARACTER is the center of everyone's focus, with the ability to trump all others. People don't discuss ideas, or even events, they discuss him. He's now hanging on a persecuted cross high above the altar to Jesus - who went woke and lost support after he publicly washed transgender feet during halftime at The Super Bowl.

And of course, EVERYONE is more awaken than thou. Everyone's village square sermon is the most profound regardless of who they are regurgitating. Who am I for that matter?

Anyway, from the gate at the village square entrance, the "truly enlightened" agrees.

edit on 17-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

"His defenders, however, argue that his anti-establishment style is a necessary challenge to entrenched political interests"

I agree with them. Except that they have accepted a narcissistic imbecile to spearhead that challenge.

He was the only one applying for the position.

edit on 9/17/2024 by Dapaga because: added quote

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Oh, look.

Someone has just read "Rules for Radicals."

*yawn*

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

#8 This thread?

Turned society into this thread being par-for-the-Trump- International-Golf-Course. Just toss compassion in the trash since Brianna wants a dick and Haitians are eating kittens. It's all part of the invasive progressive attempt to destroy social virtue - and change it - having nothing to do with the death throes of perennially instilled collective phobias.

Turned out to be a rather painful bandaid.

•His childish refusal to hear the word "no" has become a cultural virtue.
• Never admitting fault is acceptable now.
• seeing the other side is unnecessary.
• Deception is noble if your idea it's retribution is strong enough.
• Never giving even one concession to your opponent is now diplomacy.
• Always being right, no matter the situation, is unifying.
• Bullheaded belligerence is encouraged.

His danger is that he either gets people to parrot his victim card and share his self-righteous approach or rally against his attempted victimhood and focus primarily on getting rid of him - righteously. He inserted himself at the center of an already contentious culture war, without anywhere near the tact of Lincoln.

He's either Reagan or Hitler, with very few in the center part of that spectrum.

#8 continued...

His CHARACTER is the center of everyone's focus, with the ability to trump all others. People don't discuss ideas, or even events, they discuss him. He's now hanging on a persecuted cross high above the altar to Jesus - who went woke and lost support after he publicly washed transgender feet during halftime at The Super Bowl.

And of course, EVERYONE is more awaken than thou. Everyone's village square sermon is the most profound regardless of who they are regurgitating. Who am I for that matter?

Anyway, from the gate at the village square entrance, the "truly enlightened" agrees.

sweet I guess. For opinions.

Now post what has Kamala done to enrich this country and how will she continue to further her agenda with regards to said enrichment.

Thanks in advance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join