It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton says Trump poses 'danger to our country and the world' after assassination attempt

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: network dude

He promised to be "a dictator on day one" whatever that's supposed to mean. Make of it what you will but he said it.

He made the 'dictator' remark on a Sean Hannity infotainment segment. He was obviously joking,.....

Here's a transcript of the Hannity interview, December 5,2023.

www.rev.com...

Hannity (18:33):
"We almost have to go to a break. I want to go back to this one issue, though, because the media has been focused on this and attacking you. Under no circumstances, you are promising America tonight, you would never abuse power as retribution against anybody."

Trump (18:51):
"Except for day one."

Hannity (18:53):
"Except for?"

Trump (18:54):
"He’s going crazy." [An aside to the audience here. He's referring to Hannity going crazy, because Hannity gave Trump an opportunity to back down from his statement and Trump would not do it.]

"Except for day one."

Hannity (18:55):
"Meaning?"

Trump (18:56):
"I want to close the border and I want to drill."

Hannity (18:59):
"That’s not retribution."

Trump (19:05):
I’m going to be… He keeps… We love this guy. He says you’re not going to be a dictator, are you? [Referring to Hannity again.]

"I said, no, no, no. Other than day one. We’re closing the border and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator. Okay?"

Hannity knew this was going to be a hot button issue and come back to haunt Trump. So Hannity asked several times what he meant, and gave him multiple opportunities to soften his stance. But he was very clear what he intended his dictatorial actions to be: retribution, close the border, and drill, baby, drill.

As President, he has some Constitutional authority to close the border, so that part wouldn't necessarily have to be dictatorial, except for the fact that Trump chose to describe it that way.

Drilling for oil and refining oil are functions of the private sector, not the President, so it's anybody's guess what he might have in mind here--or even whether he has a mind, for that matter. Is he going to nationalize the oil fields, declare martial law, call in the National Guard, and have them operate …...
How quickly and conveniently you’ve forgotten what Biden started doing on day 1, ya know the day the country really started going to # with Biden “supposedly” at the helm. He looked more like a dictator than Trump ever has.
edit on 17-9-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: spacedoubt

But I have to know what policies have driven you to embrace Harris.

Spacedoubt doesn't know why he/she is butt hurt by Orange Man Bad.

Anyone with the Liberal lobotomy is completely in the dark about everything factual.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 02:55 AM
link   
"I said, no, no, no. Other than day one. We’re closing the border and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator. Okay?"

I said no,no,no. After that im not a dictaor. Ok?
Are you just unable to read this part or are you ignoring it on purpose.

The oil part is about his campaign to get oil production going again by issuing more oil leases and lifting unnecessary restrictions.

The closing of the border is like you said a part of his job.

He is riffing of the idea that he is a wannabe dictator.

The transcript doesnt show that he was smiling and laughing which indicates a light demeanor and usally means someone is joking.

Also im not voting for him and i am a registered independent so we can clear that up right now.
I dont like it when people lie thats all it is.

a reply to: Boomer1947

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 04:23 AM
link   

As President, he has some Constitutional authority to close the border, so that part wouldn't necessarily have to be dictatorial, except for the fact that Trump chose to describe it that way.

Drilling for oil and refining oil are functions of the private sector, not the President, so it's anybody's guess what he might have in mind here--or even whether he has a mind, for that matter. Is he going to nationalize the oil fields, declare martial law, call in the National Guard, and have them operate the oil rigs? Maybe force the oil companies at gunpoint to drill more wells and pump more oil than they can store and sell? US refineries are already operating at capacity. Who knows what it means? All we know is that Trump intends to do it in a dictatorial manner.

Gee, for an aerospace engineer you're not real bright sometimes, are ya? Regarding oil exploration, what Trump was (and always has been) referring to was removing the democrat imposed bans on drilling and oil transport. He's been very consistent about this, but apparently you are unable to comprehend this due to your anti-Trump zeal. The bans, for your information, have been placed by Biden, and Obama, under the guise of environmental protection. However, the reality of these bans was really to prop up other democrat sponsored initiatives like solar, wind and electric (to their profit and favor I might add). Only by banning fossil fuel exploration and transport (i.e. pipelines) does alternative energy forms like solar, wind and electric become even remotely feasible. Otherwise, these initiatives will fail, and do fail, spectacularly. So, again for your information, the bans weren't really environmental measures at heart, but rather mechanisms to steer/force the energy markets towards things the democrats were selling.

Regarding illegal aliens and illegal immigration, the president absolutely has not only the right, but also the absolute responsibility to control illegal immigration into this country! Some people say America could have never become a country without immigrants, and this is true, but with LEGAL immigrants. Remember Ellis Island? It's a thing you know. There is a big difference between legal immigration and illegal aliens flooding the country. So yes, the president absolutely has a sworn duty to prevent illegal aliens from flooding into the country.

Lastly, you talk about dictators. What dictators do is things like preventing markets from competing (i.e. oil exploration). That's what dictators do. People who believe in freedom remove those restrictions. Once again, it's clear your gap of understanding makes you see Trump as some kind of a dictator when, in fact, the opposite is true. If anyone is behaving like dictators, it is the democrats (i.e. Biden, Obama...and I would say Harris, but she doesn't behave in any coherent way at all really).

edit - Now, if you had engaged this discussion from the angle of environmental consideration, rather than with your anti-Trump dictator crap, you might have had a lot more traction with your nonsense. In fact, you might even find "some" (albeit small) agreement from me. I don't fully advocate just allowing oil companies to run roughshod all over the country without any oversight. And, I have issues with certain types of fracking (certainly from a water perspective). But you didn't go there with your argument, and instead just spewed out a bunch of partisan hogwash. And to this end, this is part of the reason why some of you lefties get so much disrespect, because you just act so unhinged. Here I've cited an example of where both the right and left "could" (possibly) have a constructive conversation, but you (like most liberals) have kicked that aside in favor of radical lefty rhetoric and ranting.
edit on 9/18/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: coldisbest118

That's fine. Like I said, he wasn't reassuring to some audiences who take his comments very literally. Being sarcastic probably isn't helping his situation much. He just isn't on par with senator freitas level of grace and subtlety, that guy knows how to make a statement.

edit on 18-9-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Only Loons take thing that ultra-literal 😃

Dingle Brains all see things backwards and twisted 😀

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
-FYI-

From today's White House Press Briefing...

The White House dismissed claims President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and other Democrats were stoking political violence by describing former President Donald Trump as a “threat to democracy” and “dangerous.”

“The question that you’re asking is also incredibly dangerous in the way that you’re asking it,” press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told Fox News reporter Peter Doocy on Monday.
Source:
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The White House is correct that Biden's & Harris's rhetoric did not cause the two attempts on candidate Trump's life.

Biden & Harris ORDERED the two attempts, through their Attorney General, Merrick Garland!

Now The Whitehouse is demanding questions be asked a certain way!!!!!

Watch this desperate horrible diatribe by KJP... 🤣🤣

edit on Sep-18-2024 by xuenchen because: 🤡

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

so sure she did use the term "threat" with regard to Trump, but ....January 6th. January 6th.

Trump was out there, swinging flag poles at cops, and pooping all over the capital walls. He's literally Hitler. Now stop asking questions or you might cause someone to hurt me.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What’s with people in this administration who can’t speak concisely, clearly, and stick to the point?

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So hears a thought experiment:

If you had a time machine and the means; would you go back in time and assistant Adolf Hitler to prevent him from rising to power?

If you had the means; would you assistant Donald Trump to prevent him from rising to power?

To make this simple lets disregard arguments about the butterfly effect.

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LollieK3

What’s with people in this administration who can’t speak concisely, clearly, and stick to the point?

Most are trained to do that, some are naturals. 😀

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: Justoneman

C’mon man.
That’s always the response.

The world does not want him with the keys, save for some fascists, dictators, etc they expect a weak dude like Trump to run the country again so they can film part two of this modern love story. Trump loves those strongmen.

The rest of the world, which we are part of. Hates the idea of it. He too susceptible to flattery and monetary love letters.

Is it too late to find another , perhaps younger guy? With functioning faculties?
Otherwise, the right is gonna get trounced at multiple levels of government.

It’s coming.

My fault for misunderstanding your point.

Sarcasm is hard to take in right now on these matters. Oh wait the joke was on and must have been you.
edit on 18000000443020249America/Chicago09pm9 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
So hears a thought experiment:

If you had a time machine and the means; would you go back in time and assistant Adolf Hitler to prevent him from rising to power?

If you had the means; would you assistant Donald Trump to prevent him from rising to power?

To make this simple lets disregard arguments about the butterfly effect.

You have to let history be history. Besides, the winners write history and we already know our media lies, lies and lies some more. How can we say we "KNOW THE TRUTH" with liars as our "respected source"?

posted on Sep, 18 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Democrats with their rhetoric on "mis" and "dis" info and speech in general is a setup for a "MANDATE" from voters to actually do it, if they win in November!! ☠️☠️

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join