It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Wisely Affirms All Religions Are Valid Pathways for Reaching GOD.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Coelacanth55

"the genuine Christian is the only one GUARANTEED to get into heaven."

Absolutely not. Only the poor in spirit attain the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:3). The poor in spirit own nothing, desire nothing for themselves (especially heaven), know nothing. Their only desire is to unify and serve God. .

the genuine Christian IS poor in spirit. the modern pharisees strutting around in their $500 outfits are the ones about whom Jesus will say 'depart from Me, I never knew you.'

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Coelacanth55

"the genuine Christian is the only one GUARANTEED to get into heaven."

Absolutely not. Only the poor in spirit attain the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:3). The poor in spirit own nothing, desire nothing for themselves (especially heaven), know nothing. Their only desire is to unify and serve God. .

the genuine Christian IS poor in spirit. the modern pharisees strutting around in their $500 outfits are the ones about whom Jesus will say 'depart from Me, I never knew you.'

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst 1Tim1

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh— though I myself have reasons for such confidence… and do judge them to be dung Phil3

Him God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins Rom3

the four and twenty elders fall down before Him that sits on the throne, and worship Him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne Rev4

24 ribs is the typical number of ribs that humans have, with 12 ribs on each side of the body

For as the lightning that lighteneth one part under heaven shineth unto the other part under heaven, so shall also the Son of Man be in His day. Luke17

And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God Rev4

The Volcanic Seven Summits are the highest volcanoes on each of the seven continents
edit on 15-9-2024 by Oxidaddio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This makes Pope Francis an antichrist, denying that Jesus is the Christ.

It was Jesus who said, "I am the way and the truth and the life, noone comes to the father except through me"

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

We don't really know if we are following the correct religion until we die, so it's really hard to figure out the correct religion while we are still alive. Like others have said, the actual message from the pope seems slightly different than the title of this thread.

If the title of this thread was actually true, I hope somebody will let this guy know, because he was trying to practice all religions just to make sure he has the true path somewhere in there, and he looks pretty stressed out trying to follow so many religions:

I've Converted To EVERY Religion (Just In Case)

Frankly, one reason I've remained a die-hard Christian is to cover my behind in the afterlife. But I recently realized I need to worship ALL gods that might possibly exist.

edit on 2024916 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Frankly, one reason I've remained a die-hard Christian is to cover my behind in the afterlife. But I recently realized I need to worship ALL gods that might possibly exist.

^^ That guy says he's worshipping all gods ... but that means he's insulting the GOD of Christianity. When you worship other gods then you are saying that the GOD of Christianity isn't really the one true GOD ...so you actually deny Him with each worship of another god. So he's not a 'die hard Christian' as he claims.

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I agree, that's a problem when you try to do the right thing by worshiping all gods to make sure the right one is in there somewhere. Instead of rewarding you for your extra effort to be inclusive and get the right god in your praising efforts, they seem to do the opposite and get mad at you for including the other gods.

But let's say someone was born in a country that's predominantly a religion other than Christianity, like maybe India which is 80% Hindu. If Christianity is the right religion, but the Hindus in India just stick with the religion they were raised with, how will they ever find the true path unless they embrace something other than just what they were raised with?

posted on Sep, 16 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Nice vid !

The only thing missing is a slide-ruler on the table, to represent a belief in Scientism.

<< 1  2   >>

join