It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Wisely Affirms All Religions Are Valid Pathways for Reaching GOD.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Friday, September 13, 2024

Seeing this from Pope Francis is a pleasant surprise! Jorge Mario Bergoglio (his real name) is displaying both wisdom and common sense...

ROME — Pope Francis told young people in Singapore on Friday that all religions are paths to God, an affirmation that seems to counter the Christian belief in Jesus Christ as the sole savior of humanity.

In an interreligious meeting with youth at Singapore’s Catholic Junior College, the pontiff underscored the importance of interreligious dialogue, insisting that there is no point in arguing about who is right since everybody is right.

“All religions are a path to reach God. They are, to use a comparison, like different languages, different dialects to get there.”

“But God is God for everyone,” he continued. “And since God is God for everyone, we are all children of God.”
More at: www.breitbart.com...

Since GOD loves his children (you and me), as much as we love our children, we can be assured we're all going to return to Father God when we die physically. And hopefully be able to choose another "assignment", like we did when choosing where/when we are now (Earth/this era).

-WeMustCare

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I refuse to listen to mere mortals who claim to know the mind of God and speak for Him. They are all evil personified, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   
NOT SO FAST

From your source ...

While in Italian the pope asserted that “all religions are a path to reach God,” the Vatican’s English rendering of the text said, “Religions are seen as paths trying to reach God” (emphasis added).

The Italian original said that religions are “like different languages, different dialects to get there,” while the English-language text said that they are “like different languages that express the divine.”

There is a question as to the translation of what he said.

The Catholic church does NOT say that all religions are equal nor does it say that all religions are a path to God. If Pope Francis said that all religions are a path to God, then he did NOT speak what the Catholic church teaches, and he insulted all the Catholic and Protestant martyrs through the past 2,000 years, basically saying their deaths were useless and not needed.

The official doctrine of the Catholic church, which can not change, is that the only path to God is through Jesus.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

annnnnnd this is why I don't believe in organized religion. If you don't believe in their version of God, you spend eternity in hell forever and ever...amen.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
The Pope is an idiot.

You are being generous. I think he's doing this on purpose.
That there is a scheme to destroy the Catholic Church.
Excellent reading ... see the link ...
Infiltration: The Plot to Destroy The Catholic Church from Within by Taylor Marshall

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm no bible scholar but in John 14:6 Jesus says:

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Doesn't this seem to contradict what the Pope is saying? I don't know if this is more evidence that he is really Peter the Roman or if it's a simple error in translation.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I learned from Papa Bear Berentstein that failure can lead to success, too! As was mentioned, the interpretation can be construed based on on the perspective. Falling down a cliff or taking the rode may lead to the same spot on the mountain, but how you get there highlights the important attributes.

Edison supposedly failed hundreds if not thousands of times to create his lightbulb until he found the right way/path. Maybe it's the same with religion.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FeeshJefe

Edison supposedly failed hundreds if not thousands of times to create his lightbulb until he found the right way/path.

Until he put the screws to Tesla and stole his technology.

Fixed it for you.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Not a fan of the character playing the pontiff.

Makes me suspicious about them trying to roll-out a new one-world religion, or something up that alley.

Nonetheless : I do agree that God is accessible to all, by connecting though our divine spirit within.
Like : always.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Roma1927
If we followed a different philosophy, we would acknowledge Jesus was but one of many iterations of the Supreme Creator, typically tailored to the time period in question in order to bring humanity back into spirituality and that universal connection from which we have strayed. Now what sounds more hostile, a faith that is completely open to all of these possibilities, or one that says you will eternally suffer unless you listen to my one and only way??

Sounds somewhat like King Akhenaten(Amenhotep IV) of Egypt with his initial attempt to bestow Monotheism unto the world. I suspect that Jesus said nothing of the sort in His time, and the same scholars who threw out the inconvenient Book of Enoch around the 4th century AD added those words about Him being the only way , because well as we can see leaders write their stories favorable to them and those they support and who support them.

I believe when the Creator returns to this world in its next form, it will not be recognizable or associated with Jesus. But it will be doing its thing to try and get us all back into our spiritual connection with Earth and the universe.

For those who are zealously convicted unto the Christ mythology, I suggest being a bit more open minded and less judgemental of other paths.

The Catholic Church as an institution has quite a bit to apologize and make up for throughout history, especially in the name of Christ. Perhaps this is a step forward, back into the kind graces of the Almighty?

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

He also says western nations should embrace unlimited illegal immigration...

While living behind huge walls, gates, and armed guards while living in a ethnically homogenous city.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So I went to the official Vatican site to read the transcript:

INTERRELIGIOUS MEETING WITH YOUNG PEOPLE
One of the things that has impressed me most about the young people here is your capacity for interfaith dialogue. This is very important because if you start arguing, “My religion is more important than yours...,” or “Mine is the true one, yours is not true....,” where does this lead? Somebody answer. [A young person answers, “Destruction”.] That is correct. Religions are seen as paths trying to reach God. I will use an analogy, they are like different languages that express the divine. But God is for everyone, and therefore, we are all God’s children. “But my God is more important than yours!”. Is this true? There is only one God, and religions are like languages that try to express ways to approach God. Some Sikh, some Muslim, some Hindu, some Christian. Understood? Yet, interfaith dialogue among young people takes courage. The age of youth is the age of courage, but you can misuse this courage to do things that will not help you. Instead, you should have courage to move forward and to dialogue.

The Pope is still a Trinitarian Monotheist Christian.

As a polytheist, I may just as well say that the gods benefit all, their very existence makes life possible on Earth. Whether we call them the gods or not is not an issue. We don't even have to talk about them at all, therefore I will skip mentioning them at this time.

I must not be in a very dialogue mood. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Completely anti-Christ messaging.
Shocking, coming from someone suppose to be the pope.

Jesus is the way.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tolkien

But Zarathustra saw Vohu Manah, a shining being, on the river bank who taught him about Ahura Mazda and the radiant figures. He was revealed the two primal spirits, Mazda and Mainyu. The former is of Asha (order) and the latter is of Druj (deception). He was taught one must seek Asha, this was later confirmed by a vision of the seven Amesha Spenta, or the 7 spirits of Mazda.

Japanese Car Pun: These spirits are called The Mazda1 through the Mazda7. Whereas, the Madza RX-8 doesn't count as an Amesha Spenta.

But the question remains, if you act with the same degree of respect, what's the difference between seeking salvation or asha?

You go just a little further East and Good/Asha becomes Rāma and Evil/Druj becomes Rāvana. And Duhhka (sufferring) is exactly like what the devil does out West.

I don't usually care what the pope does, but anyone that acknowledges the similarities and paths to religious attainment are universal and share inate commonalities, it is catching up to reality, IMO.

Almost everyone looks up for order and love.

The world kinda needs it too. Nihilism is depressing.
edit on 13-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I refuse to listen to mere mortals who claim to know the mind of God and speak for Him. They are all evil personified, IMHO.

It makes sense though, if we are all created by God. We're his children.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Maybe clarification/correction is forthcoming, if Pope Francis didn't say what the article says he said.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

annnnnnd this is why I don't believe in organized religion. If you don't believe in their version of God, you spend eternity in hell forever and ever...amen.

Same with me. My logic: I wouldn't allow any of my children to go to hell. So God wouldn't either.

That's why any of the religions who say, "We're right...and all others are wrong", are not seeing God as loving all his children.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

The Pope is an idiot.

It reminds me of the time Obama was praising Islam and saying that all religions are peaceful and religions don't preach hate they preach love

Well some are not a path to God. They're not all good and some tell you to murder people.

Wonder what the Pope thinks about satanism? What about Islam ? How bout voodoo ? What about cult leaders?

Pope Francis should have said, "All God's children return to God upon death, regardless of their beliefs."

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Institutions of any kind are inherently predisposed to ideological constipation. Religion is no different. Nature is the closest you can get to holy communion, not brick and mortar halls with gilded altars or worse, stadiums packed with seed faith sycophants.

In the words of a particular absurdist comedian I enjoy: "hey bono, if you want to help fix the world, sell your tinted shades you tool"

<<   2  3 >>

join