It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Wisely Affirms All Religions Are Valid Pathways for Reaching GOD.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: nugget1
a reply to: WeMustCare

I refuse to listen to mere mortals who claim to know the mind of God and speak for Him. They are all evil personified, IMHO.

It makes sense though, if we are all created by God. We're his children.

I don't think clergy has any more right to speak for God than you or I do. It's all personal interpretation according to which branch-or cult-one choses to identify with.

I remember as a child the paster telling my mother she was going to hell for having no itention of reconciling with her abusive husbad and he didn't waant her to ever darken the doors of his church again.

It used to be considered sinful not to wear your Sunday best to church, and no woman in pants was welcome. Tattoos and peirced ears was 'defiling the Lord's temple' and a sure-fire way to earn a one-way ticket to hell.

Now these 'men who speak for God' have chamnged the rules again...like maybe God spoke a whole new gospel to them? Or, just a new interpretation of an old book? But God won't speak to the rest of us; only the 'holy ones' who tell us what, when and how to worship.
That's not spirituality; that's a highly organized belief system that rakes in billions annually. Anything goes now, as long as those collection plates get filled.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Again, from a distant area, officials, programs and even laws and regulations are leading us to suspect that many "advances" in human thought and activities are understandable if we suppose that ETs helped in many ways to bring humanity along its way, either by direct intervention or casting pearls for the needy.

In particular, many religions were given as pathways for us to proceed. In Western worlds, Jesus was one symbol.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Kind of a useless statement considering what people consider a religion. So are Scientology followers getting closer to God? The pope really has no place to judge other faiths.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
He also says western nations should embrace unlimited illegal immigration....

He's a damn globalist.
He's a threat to the free world and a threat to the Catholic church.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"For God is a God not of disorder but of peace."-1 Corinthians 14:33.

The meaning? God is not divided against himself. The true religion is united and at peace.

"Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it."-Matthew 7:13-14.

The meaning? There are two roads, one spacious and the majority of the people are on it, it leads to destruction. There is another road that is cramped and it leads to life and few are the ones that find it. The majority of all humankind is on the spacious road leading to death. Very few people have found the true religion.

"Earnestly endeavoring to maintain the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace. One body there is, and one spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling;  one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."-Ephesians 4:3-6.

The meaning? There is only one true religion. One way, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

"No; but I say that what the nations sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons. You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons."-1 Corinthians 10:20-21.

The meaning? The religions of the world worship demons. And one cannot partake of the cup of demons and the cup of Jehovah.

"Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Beʹli·al? Or what does a believer share in common with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I will reside among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” “‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” “‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.”"-2 Corinthians 6:14-16.

The meaning? God does not accept worship that has been tainted by falsehood, that is impure, that is unholy, that is unrighteous. It must uphold God's righteous moral requirements and spiritual purity. One must separate themselves from unbelievers, not even touching what is unclean and then and only then will God accept that person's worship as acceptable.

"Little children, guard yourselves from idols."-1 John 5:21.

The meaning? God does not accept idol worship. The false religions of the world that use icons and idols in worship is futile. It is not acceptable to God.

"However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons."-1 Timothy 4:1.

The meaning? The world has been mislead by inspired utterances, "scriptures" of demons.

"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.  And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."-2 Corinthians 11:13-15.

The meaning? Many who claim to serve God are really servants of Satan. They are false apostles and deceitful workers. But their end will be according to their works.

"Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.  Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’"-Matthew 7:21-23 .

The meaning? Many who profess Jesus' name and perform powerful works in his name will be denied by the Master when he returns. He will tell them he never knew them. Their works were lawless.

There is one true God and his name is Jehovah. He is the one who inspired the Bible. His word teaches the way of uprightness, of moral purity, of what is righteousness and holy. We must meet his standards. He will not deviate from what is right or lower his standards or give his glory to graven images.

In the days of old in the Bible, Israel was called on by Jehovah's name:

"If my people on whom my name has been called humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn away from their evil ways, then I will hear from the heavens and forgive their sin and heal their land."-2 Chronicles 7:14.

During that time they were called on by Jehovah's name.

In our time there is only one religion that is called by Jehovah's name:

"So that the men who remain may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things, known from of old.’"-Acts 15:17-18.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Roma1927
I'm no bible scholar but in John 14:6 Jesus says:

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Doesn't this seem to contradict what the Pope is saying? I don't know if this is more evidence that he is really Peter the Roman or if it's a simple error in translation.

Cheers.

Sounds like someone wrote that into the Bible who wanted control over humankind.

You wouldn't place a "gate keeper" between yourself and your children. I wouldn't. They have access to me any time...and if I were God, it would be for eternity. Because I love them.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Another Pope Francis exclusive...

He says Trump supports deporting illegals, and Kamala supports killing children.

Which is the lesser evil? That is whom you should support, he says.

Source: www.thegatewaypundit.com...

FOOD FOR THOUGHT for Religious people (and everyone else).

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Another Pope Francis exclusive...

He says Trump supports deporting illegals, and Kamala supports killing children.

Which is the lesser evil? That is whom you should support, he says.

Wanting only legal controlled immigration so your country doesn't go bankrupt is not evil no matter what this pope claims. He is an anti-American marxist from South America ... he wants America to fall. WOrds can not express just how much I can't stand this guy. He is the enemy of America. He is the enemy of Catholics as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

1. No

2. There’s no way you can read the Bible in its entirety and walk away without understanding that it teaches that Jesus is God in bodily form. And from His own mouth He said the only way to be in relationship with the Godhead is through Him.

3. Thus, whether Jesus said He is the only way is not up for debate. However, whether or not someone believes what Jesus said is true is another matter entirely.

“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over every power and authority.” (Col 2:9,10)

“I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.” (John 10:9)

Truly, truly I say to you, the one who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1)

So Jesus said to them again, “Truly, truly I say to you, I am the door of the sheep (John 10:7)

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.” (John 14:6,7)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My problem with Christianity historically is that the church and those who have run it over the years are the problem. We can't really truly know the Bible because of all the books that are missing and all of the rewriting things they wanted over the years. Until the catholic church releases all of the truth they are hiding, what people are worshiping is humanity version of Jesus, not God.

When it comes to religions, a pagan I met said it to me best. Remember the dress that people argued over the color? We all know what we are looking at, but people all see the same thing different, and in this case everyone sees divinity different, doesn't mean it isn't what you are looking for. Perhaps God looks different to different people over the years, but at least they are putting faith in a higher power. Do you think God cares what we call him?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This Pope is the Biden of the Catholic church. old, senile, leftist, dependent on his support staff.
before the camera he mouths platitudes designed to make everybody happy.

if there are other ways to God, Jesus died in vain.

I'm not saying that every Buddhist / Muslim / Animist / Hindu etc is going to hell; they'll be judged based on their record, what they understood, how they dealt with what they knew. the genuine Christian is the only one GUARANTEED to get into heaven.

any faith aside from Christianity (and Judaism) is a lie and a road to failure.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Roma1927
If we followed a different philosophy, we would acknowledge Jesus was but one of many iterations of the Supreme Creator, typically tailored to the time period in question in order to bring humanity back into spirituality and that universal connection from which we have strayed. Now what sounds more hostile, a faith that is completely open to all of these possibilities, or one that says you will eternally suffer unless you listen to my one and only way??

Sounds somewhat like King Akhenaten(Amenhotep IV) of Egypt with his initial attempt to bestow Monotheism unto the world. I suspect that Jesus said nothing of the sort in His time, and the same scholars who threw out the inconvenient Book of Enoch around the 4th century AD added those words about Him being the only way , because well as we can see leaders write their stories favorable to them and those they support and who support them.

I believe when the Creator returns to this world in its next form, it will not be recognizable or associated with Jesus. But it will be doing its thing to try and get us all back into our spiritual connection with Earth and the universe.

For those who are zealously convicted unto the Christ mythology, I suggest being a bit more open minded and less judgemental of other paths.

The Catholic Church as an institution has quite a bit to apologize and make up for throughout history, especially in the name of Christ. Perhaps this is a step forward, back into the kind graces of the Almighty?

He said-

*I am Jesus, I died for your sins, believe in Me and you will never perish”

“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other Name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”Acts4

“Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ.” 1John2

“Worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy.” Rev19

“Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.” 1Tim1

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Gee, so now it sounds like a viable path to "God" is Islam...right?

How does this work for the West Bank and Gaza?????

I'll find my way out.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just to pre-empt the visceral responses...I don't see any difference between religions. You see, I believe in "GOD" (and rarely will you ever see me post that word), but I just don't believe in YOUR organized 'gawd'. My GOD is higher, smarter, and less interested in US (not U.S. but US as a people), (selfish) humans littered here on Earth. My "GOD" sees a bigger picture.

Call me the heretic you will, but I know better. Anyone with any sense should know better...there's a whole lot MORE important places out "there" in the Universe to manage, than just this tiny blue orb we call Earth.

You have a choice. You can either be part of the solution, or part of the problem, but either way, your "GOD" won't even know your name, why you existed...or even if you did exist.

No, true "GOD" has much bigger fish to fry. All the rest of you have just invented some thing to shelter you from the things which you fear the most, and therein lives your "Gawd".

Enough said.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

"the genuine Christian is the only one GUARANTEED to get into heaven."

Absolutely not. Only the poor in spirit attain the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:3). The poor in spirit own nothing, desire nothing for themselves (especially heaven), know nothing. Their only desire is to unify and serve God. That is why only a few can be saved (Luke 13:23-28). Most of us harbor loves and desires for the material world.... “Luke 14:26: If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple". We are not prepared to forsake all our materialistic pearls for the one spiritual pearl of "great price". The great price is everything our ego love's and desire's within this material realm.

We all need walk the desert as Jesus did and conquer the devil of all our desires (our ego). Jesus being the model that we need to attain to enter heaven. Nothing less is worthy.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Coelacanth55

"the genuine Christian is the only one GUARANTEED to get into heaven."

Absolutely not. Only the poor in spirit attain the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:3). The poor in spirit own nothing, desire nothing for themselves (especially heaven), know nothing. Their only desire is to unify and serve God. That is why only a few can be saved (Luke 13:23-28). Most of us harbor loves and desires for the material world.... “Luke 14:26: If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple". We are not prepared to forsake all our materialistic pearls for the one spiritual pearl of "great price". The great price is everything our ego love's and desire's within this material realm.

We all need walk the desert as Jesus did and conquer the devil of all our desires (our ego). Jesus being the model that we need to attain to enter heaven. Nothing less is worthy.

“Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: not by works but by him who calls” Rom9

“And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.” Rom11

“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”10

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: DAVID64

annnnnnd this is why I don't believe in organized religion. If you don't believe in their version of God, you spend eternity in hell forever and ever...amen.

Institutions of any kind are inherently predisposed to ideological constipation. Religion is no different. Nature is the closest you can get to holy communion, not brick and mortar halls with gilded altars or worse, stadiums packed with seed faith sycophants.

In the words of a particular absurdist comedian I enjoy: "hey bono, if you want to help fix the world, sell your tinted shades you tool"

I don't know about in the past, but modern institutions of every type seem to build their communications in a way that will generate the most money. Either from the government, or from donations.

Pope Francis is essentially saying NO organized religion is needed, in order to get close to God, but he can't phrase it that way, because the Catholic Church would lose tens of thousands of parishioners overnight.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This fellow seems pretty bad at this Pope gig of his.

I'm not a Christian as many already know, but I have read the bible and it says quite literally the opposite of what the Pope does.
edit on 1492024 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Oxidaddio

When Paul in Roman 10 states "Moses writes" he was referring to Deuteronomy 30:11-14. Deuteronomy 30:11-14 itself contradicts the necessity of an intermediary (aka Jesus) between man and the Father. So Paul is likely answering criticism that was presented against his church. Paul preaching an interpretation of Deuteronomy 30:11-14 that doesn't contradict Christianity.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 ... "For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.".

But the word in Deuteronomy 30:11-14 is referring to divine nature of God (John 1:1) that exist within us in a dormant state (very near to us). We need to strive to awaken the spirituality of the word itself. The awakening described as a mighty wind in Acts 2:2 : "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting".

Declaring "Jesus is Lord" is just a noise unless the full meaning of it echo's through your heart. Awakening the holy ghost that cleanses the mind. Is only the beginning of ones awakening.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Oxidaddio

When Paul in Roman 10 states "Moses writes" he was referring to Deuteronomy 30:11-14. Deuteronomy 30:11-14 itself contradicts the necessity of an intermediary (aka Jesus) between man and the Father. So Paul is likely answering criticism that was presented against his church. Paul preaching an interpretation of Deuteronomy 30:11-14 that doesn't contradict Christianity.

Deuteronomy 30:11-14 ... "For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, ‘Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, ‘Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?’ 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.".

But the word in Deuteronomy 30:11-14 is referring to divine nature of God (John 1:1) that exist within us in a dormant state (very near to us). We need to strive to awaken the spirituality of the word itself. The awakening described as a mighty wind in Acts 2:2 : "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting".

Declaring "Jesus is Lord" is just a noise unless the full meaning of it echo's through your heart. Awakening the holy ghost that cleanses the mind. Is only the beginning of ones awakening.

Wherefore then serveth the Law? It was added because of the transgressions, till the seed came, unto the which the promise was made: and it was ordained by Angels in the hand of a Mediator. Gal3

When He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

“Let all the angels of God worship Him.” Heb1

For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. Heb2

I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him. 19 And it shall be that whoever will not hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of him. Deut18

Egyptian is a language so ancient that it makes almost everything else on language
lists look like a trendy blip

The Egyptians call water by the name of Mo, and such as are saved out of it, by the name of Uses: so by putting these two words together, (Moses) they imposed this name upon him. Hence Jesus - God saves

Use the cobra hieroglyph for ‘dj’ sounds as in ‘Jeremy’ or ‘Jenny’.

The cobra sign is also used for soft ‘g’ sounds like ‘George’.

In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the Lord at its border. Is19

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up John3

The words "I AM That I AM" comes from true Hebrew-
"EHJEH ASHER EHJEH". (Pronounced I-JE Asher I-JE)
Not Yiddish, Assyrian or Babylonian

He wasn't saying that His Name was "EHJEH ASHER EHJEH", but rather He was speaking a sentence that basically says "I am JE the beginning

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join