It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is the planet's leading defender of domestic animals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

trump signed the The Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act (PACT) in 2019 into federal law. one of the few laws that is in agreement with all the states laws in some form or another and there has been at least one person right after it became law. it was for shooting a cat.

several people have been sent to prison since then for cruelty to cats. first one i remember convicted under it was a man for shooting one ircc, most recent conviction i read about.

The cat was foaming at the mouth and convulsing as if it had been poisoned, according to a statement of factual basis of the crime filed in court following a plea deal.

“Williams did not render or try to procure aid for the cat, but instead kicked the cat as if kicking a football field goal,” prosecutors wrote in a statement that Williams signed.

The cat was propelled through the air around 15 to 20 feet.

The kick was recorded by another man, Decorius Mire, who encouraged Williams to kick the cat, prosecutors said. Mire posted the video to social media.

Mire was sentenced last year to 18 months in prison.

Williams was charged with kicking the cat, but the animal’s torture did not end there.

Someone else, whose identity was not known when the case was presented to a grand jury, poured an accelerant on the cat and set it on fire, the indictment against Williams says. The animal running away on fire was also recorded on video.

Each man's guilty plea dealt with kicking the cat and recording it, not the animal's being set on fire, records show.

Court records in the cases do not appear to say whether the cat lived or died.

Texas man sentenced to 3 years in prison for kicking cat like 'a football field goal' on video

damn right that's where the bastards belong.

edit on 13-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I prosecute for animal welfare offences and cruelty to animals.

Some horrific offences, I can tell you.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can't say I've seen anything besides Maga followers creating AI memes, but they are also the ones pushing that video noted above.

The organic social media videos are making fun of the claim and Trump stating it's true because he "saw it on TV". Videos of people chasing their pets around with tongs, or putting them between 2 slices of bread are meant to mock. The videos of people watching the debate and bursting out laughing are sometimes stitched in as well. One RW pundit posted one of the songs made with the Trump audio claiming it was great for Trump to bring awareness, however the creator had to correct him that it was made to mock and finished with a f***k Trump.

I don't think this is helping with anyone but his base. Now that there have been bomb threats at the mayors office and schools, it's an even worse look to keep saying it and blaming immigrants.
edit on 13-9-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

hey i will put you on the list for my Gato brothers and sisters for justice.

edit on 13-9-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It's not uncommon, sadly.

A lot of serial killers have moved on from cats to humans.

We had cases of alleged cat poisoners here, though, turned out it was people putting antifreeze in their water features over winter, which the cats then drank.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I remember this causing a right old uproar.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This could be the reason why Trump is worried....

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Although you are my constant critic, I give your comment a star. Not because you criticize the current situation with migrants in the US, Russia has the same problem. But in Russia, despite the huge foreign lobby, they are fighting this problem, and quite successfully.
A large public force has formed in Russia in the problem of illegal migrants - "Russian Community". I am its member. There are groups in social networks, mobile applications that have a "red button". In any conflict with migrants, the user presses the "red button", and within 10-15 minutes dozens of white bearded men arrive, who, in compliance with the law and all procedures, protect the legitimate interests of the natives. Usually, at the sight of these men, the crowd of migrants disappears. Among these men are qualified lawyers who explain themselves to the police.
I wish the Americans to create the same movement to protect their women, children and families. These are our countries, and we will not give them to anyone!

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I remember that one.

The RSPCA brought charges against her and she was fined £250 and ordered to pay more than £1,000 in costs.

She lost her job, too, I think and got death threats.

edit on 13-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: RussianTroll

"On the contrary, Kamala Harris, Trump's opponent in the election race, is portrayed as a sworn enemy of domestic animals."

www.distractify.com...

"Despite J.D. Vance's offensive remarks, it seems Kamala Harris does not have a cat — or any pets, for that matter. But don't let that fool you: Kamala is a passionate advocate for animal welfare! Over the years, she has helped pass a range of pro-animal legislation.

Kamala has worked to crack down on puppy mills, ensuring dogs in commercial breeding facilities get better treatment. She's also fought to prevent animal cruelty and strengthen penalties for those who abuse animals."

PETA also throws red paint on people because they believe that animals are more deserving to live than people. Same thing goes for climate change activists, who, along with the UN, worship the earth goddess GAIA and believe humans are parasites.
So no KH doesn’t give a rats patoot about animals . It’s just more Marxist virtue signaling but it probably gets votes.
edit on 13-9-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel

What is it ? Bats ? Sheesh so that’s how Covid got into the human population … just kidding but yuck

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

PETA are a bunch of tw@ts.

What's this got to do with prosecuting actual animal cruelty?

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyeoftheHurricane

What is it ? Bats ? Sheesh so that’s how Covid got into the human population … just kidding but yuck

It's not a bat it's a goose, likely a migratory Canadian goose. Don't you see it neck and head?

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

And likely from a neighborhood park

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I prosecute for animal welfare offences and cruelty to animals.

Some horrific offences, I can tell you.

We like this Sitting With Dogs series, and like the guy who does this work.
m.youtube.com...

That being said, not all pet owners have good pets…. Remember Biden’s human biting dog ?
By the way, Harris is very popular with the Climate Change crowd

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: EyeoftheHurricane

It's not a bat it's a goose, likely a migratory Canadian goose. Don't you see it neck and head?

I could not see it too clearly that’s why I asked but thanks for the tip. The pic to me is too blurry to tell that’s all but it does look like wings.
Part of the Haitians eating animal is that they are raiding the ducks and geese in local parks.
I dare any of them to do that in Yellowstone Park.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: RussianTroll

This is terrible. You are describing Russia in the 90s of the 20th century, when it was friends with the West. Unfortunately, you know my opinion, now the West is the USSR before its collapse.

Illegals is a serious problem and if we are talking 20 million, a city like LA can't get 70,000 homeless off the streets, think of 100,000s more. A city like Springfield with a population of 60,000 that has 20,000 Haitian illegal immigrants flooding them is on a level we can't imagine how bad it can get, and cat eating is the least of their problems. Biden/Harris removed all of Trump's border protection and even what was worse was expressing the come one come all message for 3 years until the sh!t hit the fan in a good number of liberal cities.

It's definitely not without its problems, but in Springfield's case, it's actually revitalizing the city. My wife grew up there and much of her family still lives there. Over the last 15-20 years, Springfield has seen an exodus of people to surrounding areas, mostly Columbus. This had caused many businesses and factories to close which had an obvious effect on everything else there. The city population lost about 15k in the last 20 years. However, the last few years there has been a push to turn the city around. There has been more manufacturing and restaurants opening but did not have the workforce available to fill positions. This influx of migrants has actually met this need of workers. I know a few business owners in Springfield who have hired Haitian migrants, and they have nothing but good things to say.

I don't believe this would work for every city, but it seems to be working for Springfield in the long run. Again, an influx 20k people from any background is going to bring some issues and growing pains.

That said, I am all for LEGAL immigration through the proper channels. The process needs a complete overhaul.

link   

edit on 1330Fri, 13 Sep 2024 13:55:13 -0500America/Chicago93001pm2024-09-13T13:55:13-05:00k by jtrenthacker because: Posted twice.

link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

What's climate change got to do with it?

I have had many rescue cats, ex battery hens, too.

Our late cat, Muffett, just came in one day and slept for three days. Must have walked for miles as her paws were red raw. Lived to a ripe old age.

Carl was found living on the streets of Bath. Got him from the RSPCA.

Was feral.

He's on my lap now. Bless him.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join