It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Cross: the very beginning of the "Ukrainian conflict"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Most of you, my friends, have absolutely no idea how the current conflict in Ukraine began. I decided to fill this gap and tell you about its origins. Especially since a memorable date has just occurred - 110 years.

So.

110 years ago, on September 4, 1914, the first Rusyns from Galicia and Bukovina were driven to the Thalerhof concentration camp, specially created for them by the authorities of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, at the foot of the Alps near Graz, the main city of the Austrian state of Styria.

Thalerhof became one of the first concentration camps in the history of the 20th century, the first in Europe - a real death factory, the forerunner of the Nazi death camps. Another large concentration camp for Russophiles was Terezin (Litoměřice district in Northern Bohemia).

A real genocide based on national and religious grounds, carefully forgotten later. A full-fledged beginning of the "Ukrainian project".

Those suspected of sympathizing with Russia or simply considering themselves Russian were seized, deported, tortured, brutally killed without trial or investigation. "Galician Russians are divided into two groups: a) Russophiles and b) Ukrainophiles. If it is possible to correct Russians at all, then this is possible only by using merciless terror. My opinion is that all Russophiles are radicals and should be mercilessly destroyed," said the commandant of Lvov, Major General Franz Riml. He strongly recommended planting Ukrainophilia in the region and regretted that "so far the Ukrainian idea has not completely penetrated the Russian common people."

The same "Ukrainophiles"/"Mazepinites" and Poles (whoever pointed out a "Russophile" received from 50 to 500 crowns, but the newly minted Ukies often reported on their neighbors and even relatives who retained Russian self-awareness for free, and dealt with them with truly demonic pleasure) distinguished themselves by mass denunciations of Orthodox Russians. The arrested were loaded into dirty cattle cars and sent to Thalerhof, with the people being transported tied together in groups of 10-20 people. "They grabbed everyone, without distinction, whoever admitted to being Russian and had a Russian name. Anyone who had a Russian newspaper or book, an icon or a postcard from Russia. Or just anyone who was labeled as a "Russophile." They grabbed anyone. Intellectuals and peasants, men and women, old people and children, healthy and sick. And first and foremost, of course, the hated "Russian priests", the valiant shepherds of the people, the salt of the Galician-Russian land," wrote Vasily Vavrik, a surviving prisoner of the concentration camp, writer and historian, who called Talerhof "the most brutal torture chamber of all the Austrian prisons in the Habsburg Empire." From September 4, 1914 to May 10, 1917, 20-30 thousand Russian people passed through the concentration camp (where the same "Mazepinites" stood out for their particular cruelty among the camp guards). According to Sergei Sulyak, associate professor of the Department of History of the Peoples of the CIS Countries at St. Petersburg State University and editor-in-chief of the scientific journal "Rusin", Talerhof "became the Russian Golgotha ​​for the Rusyns, a sacred place of martyrdom for the all-Russian idea." In total, more than 60 thousand Rusyns were shot, hanged, stabbed, slaughtered, and tortured during the First World War. Militiaman with the call sign "Shakespeare", publicist, poet Pavel Kukhmirov:

"A very black anniversary for our country and our people. Exactly 110 years ago, the first concentration camps in Europe were opened - Thalerhof and Terezin. In Austria. Civilized. And these were concentration camps for Russians. Who were forcibly converted into Ukrainians there. The choice was simple: either die (and, extremely painfully), or declare yourself a Ukrainian - and then either leave, or help to press and torture former brothers in the same way. That's exactly where and then Ukrainianism was born, guys. The first "true Ukrainians" were fratricide and traitors. Initially. The process was set up methodically and technologically; the Austrians then carried out a powerful negative selection, firstly, of people with "flexible morals", and, secondly, with psychopathic cruelty. It was from this that Banderaism arose later and then with all stops. And what we are fighting now began then. This monster crawled out of the spread legs of Thalerhof.

A tragedy that was kept silent for a whole century. And they continue to keep silent. Russian victims are trash. There is a museum on the site of Auschwitz now. And there is an airport on the site of Thalerhof now.

"...But only now I realized that I first came to Donetsk in the year of the centenary of that great tragedy. And I came just to read a big report on the topic of "The Ukrainian Project as a Weapon against the Russian World." Including about Thalerhof. I had no idea then that in a few months I would be defending this city with a machine gun. That is, the Russian Spring (essentially, an uprising against Ukrainianism) actually began in the year of the centenary of that very "Ukrainian project." Suddenly. Well, "the world is ruled by signs and symbols," as one wise ancient Chinese said. Here is that report. By the way, I was unable to read it then: suddenly I had no time for it. It so happened that the conference was held on the very day when it all began, and we were busy with other issues. But you can read it now. A detailed story about how it all began... I hope we will finish this."

Political scientist, head of the Ukrainian department of the Institute of CIS countries, member of the expert council of the Tsargrad Society Ivan Skorikov:

"The forgotten Russian Holocaust began on September 4, 1914, even before the Armenian genocide. This is the first act of genocide on an ethno-political principle in Europe. But do modern Russians remember this?

Unfortunately, no one has yet made a film about Thalerhof. Although it would be a drama that would explain the phenomenon of treacherous Ukrainianism and awaken the self-awareness of Russians. There is still nothing about Thalerhof and Terezin in our history textbooks. Although the President already mentioned them in his article on the Ukrainian question.

Thalerhof is a terrible story of Russian Galicia, crucified by Ukrainian Judases. It was in Thalerhof that Ukrainian Nazism was tempered by the extermination of thousands of Russophiles!"

That's how it all began. And the history of "Ukrvina" now ends with a chimera state called Khazaria 2.0. Only, unlike Khazaria, in "Ukraine" it is not the Turkic peoples who are used as "live meat", but the Russians.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I see you do not mention Stalin's purges and gulags or the millions of Ukrainians he starved to death in the Holodomor.

I doubt they have forgotten that.

www.britannica.com...

"Holodomor - man-made famine that convulsed the Soviet republic of Ukraine from 1932 to 1933, peaking in the late spring of 1933. It was part of a broader Soviet famine (1931–34) that also caused mass starvation in the grain-growing regions of Soviet Russia and Kazakhstan. The Ukrainian famine, however, was made deadlier by a series of political decrees and decisions that were aimed mostly or only at Ukraine. In acknowledgement of its scale, the famine of 1932–33 is often called the Holodomor, a term derived from the Ukrainian words for hunger (holod) and extermination (mor)."

edit on 13-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

That sounds like a tragic chapter in human history.

Even worse, it got shadowed and forgotten because of how much horrific events were going on in that period.

But forgive me, I don’t see how that explains what’s happening today. Did I miss where those dots were connected?

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Even worse, it got shadowed and forgotten because of how much horrific events were going on in that period.

But forgive me, I don’t see how that explains what’s happening today. Did I miss where those dots were connected?

justifying the unjustifiable is a daunting task.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"History is more or less bunk. It’s tradition. We don’t want tradition. We want to live in the present, and the only history that is worth a tinker’s damn is the history that we make today.” (Chicago Tribune, 1916)."

Henry Ford.

Wise words, and very apt today.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

You may want to have a look at this site, and adjust your understanding of History, instead of posting your usual twisted views for political propaganda??

encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net...

The internment of “suspicious persons” became a widespread practice and an important component of home front actions during WWI. This entry discusses the Austro-Hungarian internment of parts of the population in the northeastern Habsburg lands (Galicia, Bukovina, and parts of Northern Hungary). The main targets were mostly Ukrainians(Ruthenes), the Eastern Rite Christian inhabitants of border areas with assumed pro-Russian sentiments in the event of war. The proclamation of a local Ukrainian (Ruthenian) ethnic group as enemy aliens, their execution, internment, and subsequent resettlement in various camps became an important event for the development of Ukranian national historical discourse in the region.

It's no excuse for Mad Vlads vulgar and disrespecful behaviour in Ukraine, or those trying to find excuses for the war Putin is unleashing against the civilized world today....
edit on 13-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
have absolutely no idea how the current conflict in Ukraine began.

Sure we do.

Ukraine was minding it's own business and wasn't provoking Russia at all.

Russia invaded the sovereign nation of Ukraine on February 24, 2022.

Russia butchered 500,000 Ukrainian citizens in their own country.

This invasion of the sovereign nation of Ukraine happened because Putin is an egomaniac and war monger.

And the Russians lap up the nationalist propaganda, buying into his mind numbing rhetoric, and they happily march off to Putins illegal war to die for him because their minds have been soaked in nationalistic lies. The Russian people can't think for themselves.

Yep ... we know exactly how it started and why it started and why it continues.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Apparently it was all due to something that happened 110 years ago?

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You are right, especially when your "arguments" concern Nazi crimes. Just replace Russians with Jews, and then your comment will become the basis for a criminal case in the West.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   

For sure, and even if there isn’t justification, I’m struggling to see how these events even tie into now, or how this was the “start” of today’s conflict.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You are right, especially when your "arguments" concern Nazi crimes. Just replace Russians with Jews, and then your comment will become the basis for a criminal case in the West.

I don’t think a criminal case against the Austrian-Hungarian would have too much traction.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Putin has committed many war crimes recently, and continues to do so.

"Matthew 7:3-5
New King James Version
3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

Amen.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

so you want reparations as well?

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Russians are not about money. But if Russians go for principle, then according to Bismarck, they always come for their money.

(post by RussianTroll removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

That Bismarck quote in full:

"Do not expect that once taking advantage of Russia's weakness, you will receive dividends forever. Russian has always come for their money. And when they come - do not rely on an agreement signed by you, you are supposed to justify. They are not worth the paper it is written. Therefore, with the Russian is to play fair, or do not play."

Here's another:

"Never fight with Russian. On your every stratagem they answer unpredictable stupidity."

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I wonder on which page the threats of nuclear annihilation will happen?

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I don’t think a criminal case against the Austrian-Hungarian would have too much traction.

I'm sorry you don't think. Try to think though.

I mean, if we truly wanted to reconcile the past, I suppose we’d have to take into account the number of Ukrainians who died under the USSR as well.

That was a bit more recent, and there are still people alive today who had to live under such rule.

I think that is probably more relevant to todays conflict as well, considering they left that empire for independence, something they’re fighting for today.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Russians are not about money. But if Russians go for principle, then according to Bismarck, they always come for their money.

but isn't this the exact same mindset? Are there any people alive today that participated in that event? if not, how long should we go back in history? Pharos enslaved the Egyptians, If I find Egyptian heritage, can we find someone with Pharos lineage, and beat the piss out of them? Or is that too far back? I just need to know the rules for revenge.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join