It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC passes reparations bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Looks like this bill is simply to approve a study to be done on ways that the history of slavery can be presented and recognized, not that any current residents remember it but hey...if a culture that hasn't contributed jack # to the advancement of anything wants something to be remembered for, this is a good start.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
a reply to: network dude

The Democrat Party was the party of Slavery and the KKK.
Will the DNC be tapped for this money?

I heard Callous Harris is stumping up the dosh personally. Cause her granddaddy was a cracker.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Grandpa Clark worked in a coal mine. I guess that's easier than picking cotton.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

New York City Council members passed legislation Thursday aimed at acknowledging, studying and addressing the impact of slavery and racial injustices in New York City, including a bill that mandates the study of reparations. New York City had one of the highest rates of slave ownership in the country during the 1700s, according to the City Council.

One of four bills establishes a task force to consider the creation of Freedom Trails in the city. Another would require the installation of signage near Wall and Pearl Streets, to mark the site of New York's first slave market

This is them acting like they are going to do something, set up some committees and pay their relatives as consultants. They will be the only one to see 'reparations'.

Re-occurrences? Slavery making a come back?

It would also protect and acknowledge those affected, and recommend changes to prevent the recurrence of injustices

It is 2024. Slavery ended 159 years ago. 159 years ago....move on.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

Will this include 'reparations' for all whites because of the Barbary slave trade ?

They especially liked Red headed women, naked of course.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I am not even going to click that link... it will only enrage me.

What do they need reparations for? WHO enslaved them? Give me a break! They use the race card all the time, the victim card and now they get a reparations card?

This is insanity. NOBODY ALIVE deserves a damn dime! These people are greedy and LAZY, not to mention entitled.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   
NYC What can anyone Expect for a city like that.
I Want My MTV.
Money for Nothin and Chicks for Free.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The bills pass city and state legislatures, then die on the vine. Making Democrat leaders look even worse than before. Newsom was made to look racist, and now Governor Prickner here in Illinois is talking up a fake Reparations Bill. Illinois and Chicago are broke.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for Kamala to buy back my Cannon.
Oh wait she never owned it anyway so how can she buy it back.
This Crazy bunch of Loony Toons what will they think of next ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join