It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father of teen suspect in Georgia school shooting charged with 2nd-degree murder

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
The FBI was there in May and the father gave Colt the gun as a Christmas present in December. So, the law would have prevented his dad from giving him the gift, especially since he was the kid's guardian. I don't think it would have necessarily removed guns from the house, I guess it depends on how the law is written. In the least, I think it would instruct the dad to keep guns out of his kid's reach, for sure.

Okay, so all this started last year. So that visit served to deter him for over twelve months. Did the FBI do any follow up?

The father clearly didn't take his son seriously as someone who was a danger to others or pay much attention to his child.

Is there a legal requirement for supervised use by minors or is that just at the parent's discretion usually?

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

As I have understood it, the school got two students with similar names mixed up but that Gray wasn't where he should be anyway and that the shooting occured "moments" after they had ascertained that. I don't think the mother said he is a risk to others, which is perhaps is what needed to be said to lock the school down, I don't know that though, just guessing.

I agree.

My 2 questions: Did the mom say he had a gun. And was school security immediately notified. In turn notifying police.

There are more than 1900 kids at this school.

He wasn’t where he was supposed to be — and he was new to the school.

Hindsight is always tricky.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's a #ing bitch in cases like this I imagine.

And who wants to be the Mum telling the school their son is a danger to others?

Did the mother even know he had a gun? I've kind of thought, from the way it was reported, that he didn't live with his Mother but I don't think I have seen that actually reported - one way or another - so that could be me in my own head.
edit on 8-9-2024 by BrucellaOrchitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

It's a #ing bitch in cases like this I imagine.

And who wants to be the Mum telling the school their son is a danger to others?

Did the mother even know he had a gun? I've kind of thought, from the way it was reported, that he didn't live with his Mother but I don't think I have seen that actually reported - one way or another - so that could be me in my own head.

Yes to all.

I have a kid in high school.

No matter what system is put in place — noting is 100%.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yes to all.

I have a kid in high school.

No matter what system is put in place — noting is 100%.

Indeed.

I read, in this article, www.theguardian.com... that for every school shooting that occurs, two are "thwarted". Seems that something is working sometimes, perhaps the FBI needs to apply itself to the issue in the same way they did with serial killers in understanding how fantasies of violence escalate to actual violence in this specific type of crime.

Although, really, in an ideal world - which clearly this is not - it's something we should look to nip in the bud, find interventions, before law enforcement are compelled to act. These are children still, and we class them as children because they are not fully developed, especially at the cognitive level. A messed up world will mess up some kids. Perhaps the FBI needs to pass on their expertise and help schools be more proactive in recognising the signs.

I am just sorry for everyone involved and for all of you parents having to navigate this "phenomenon". It is a horrific tragedy, each and every time, and shouldn't ever just be accepted as a fact of life.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Goes back to parenting, being a childs friend still seems pretty prevalent, I would be curious how often either gentle parenting or lack of parenting plays a part in things like this.

I tell my son on a regular basis I am not your friend I am your father once you prove you dont need oversight we can be friends. (for reference he is 6 and yes he understands the gist of what I am saying)

As far as the FBI it always seems like they are a day late and a dollar short, but they always knew "something" was going to happen. (except for those moments where they drove the bus for the action (whitmar "kidnapping" plot as an example).

I am becoming more and more in favor of defunding about half the FBI, I am sure they have some departments that actually accomplish things, I just dont know who.

posted on Sep, 8 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Goes back to parenting, being a childs friend still seems pretty prevalent, I would be curious how often either gentle parenting or lack of parenting plays a part in things like this.

I tell my son on a regular basis I am not your friend I am your father once you prove you dont need oversight we can be friends. (for reference he is 6 and yes he understands the gist of what I am saying)

As far as the FBI it always seems like they are a day late and a dollar short, but they always knew "something" was going to happen.

You do realize you only know about incidents where something goes wrong.

You don’t know about all the investigations that ended with the investigation.

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We recently had another road rage shooting in my sector, this time in Tennesee...no motive as of yet, just random civilians "blowing off steam"?

Before I was forced to vacate my old apartment, I turned in both my guitars and took a massive loss.

Even my teeball bat was suspect, so I can't practice my skillz out here where I currently reside.

No transportation unless it's for a reason.

Have to get clearance.

No Uber or Taxi.

No funding.

Limited resources.

THX FOR YOUR SERVICE?

BTCH PLZ.

edit on 9/9/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ridiculous.

The only person responsible for the crime is the perpetrator.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join